I am having an type crisis. I hope you will indulge me and help me sort out my type. I have previously asked for assistance and feel a bit
awkward about asking again (especially because I rarely post - although
I have been lurking since day 1 and feel like I know all of you).
I always test INTJ, but lately I have been thinking maybe I am an ISTJ.
Below is some information about me.
Thank you in advance.
- Prefer dark colors.
- Prefer casual styles and dislike clothing with visible name brands.
- Don't care about or understand current styles or popular brands.
- Will wear the same pair of shoes/sandles everyday for an entire season
or until they wear out.
- Not perfectly "pressed and polished."
- I like reading. I enjoy Robert Anton Wilson and science written for
lay people. Right now I am reading "A Rebirth of Nature" by Rupert
Sheldrake" and "Info Psychology" by Timothy Leary. (Some of you might
find Leary's Eight Circuits of Consciousness theory interesting.) I also enjoy fantasy books, especially children's books - like Harry Potter.
- Researching subjects I find interesting, mostly fringe things like
OOPARTS, alien stuff, and conspiracy theories. (I read Fortean Times and
sometimes listen to Art Bell.)
- Soduko and other logic puzzles.
- As a child, I was pretty extraverted, but geeky. I was always the last kid picked for the team during PE.
- As a child, I was weird about food. I couldn't acccept that eating meat and milk products was natural. (I am still a little picky. I will pay extra for organic food and sometimes eat a very restricted diet.)
- As a young adult, I had several relationships and was very social - lot's of partying.
- By my mid-twenties became very concerned that this was not a good way to live and became more reserved.
- I used to love to write poetry and fiction and loved to read poetry (Brautigan, Ferlenghetti, Plath), but am no longer into it.
- Can be a workaholic if the project is interesting.
- Can a lazy procrastinator if the project is boring, but will force
myself to complete it.
- Prefer an urban enviornment, but to be alone within it.
- Don't like the outdoors or engaging in physical activites, such as
- Great researcher.
- Enjoy defining systems and procedures for others to follow, but can't
follow them myself.
- Have always struggled for self-control.
- Often model conversations in preparation or ruminate on them
- Hate having a body. The repetitious maintenance is so annoying, not to
mention all of the energy spent on earning money to purchase food,
shelter, clothing, and healthcare. I wish I could just be consciousness
moving about and observing.
- Sometimes go on rants at work. (This usually involves sales people.)
- Can be very exacting about quality of work.
- Don't notice my surroundings. My co-workers think this is funny and
have rearranged things in my office and hung things on the walls to see
how it will take me to notice. Sometimes people get very angry at me for
this, because they think I am ignoring them, but I really don't see or
- Don't listen to music.
- Don't answer the phone - always let it got to voicemail.
- Very independant.
- Sometimes very sensitive to how people treat me.
- Very patient and loving parent.
- Have never been able to master typing. I have to look at the keyboard.