Thread: IEIs-INFps, please help write your type description

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEIs-INFps, please help write your type description

INFps are not completely happy with this INFp description:

Well adjusted in relation to time - the present time as well as the past. Put forward ideas which strengthen a group of people. Very finely influence the emotions of people. Successfully opens the private world of people, by creating a nostalgic and dramatic atmosphere.

Please could all the INFps work together and make it a perfect descriptions. Thanks.

Creepy-

Default Re: INFps - please help

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    INFps are not completely happy with this INFp description:

Well adjusted in relation to time - the present time as well as the past. Put forward ideas which strengthen a group of people. Very finely influence the emotions of people. Successfully opens the private world of people, by creating a nostalgic and dramatic atmosphere.

Please could all the INFps work together and make it a perfect descriptions. Thanks.
    I try to inspire confidence in others. This principle of integrity is necessary for the maintenance of co-operative relations.

People often comment that my eyes are very intense and expressive. I need to understand others. I need to feel close to them. I suppose then that my eyes might seem "nostalgic and dramatic" at times.

"Eyes are the windows to the soul," a friend once commented, "and you have no curtains."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand the well adjusted in relation to time thing. I live in the moment, if that's a help. Please explain. Thanks.

It blows me away how very, very similar Ishy and I are. I think she said the same thing once when she first came on the board. I don't feel I relate to the other INFp's. I get embarrassed sometimes as I feel like I'm following her around like a lost puppy.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I find that description unsatisfactory is because I'm not qualified to translate gibberish. Now, let's see if we can break this down:

Translation:
    He is forever dwelling on how today is a reflection of yesterday, and its implications for tomorrow. In his interaction with others, he enjoys reminding them of what the present means in the contexts of past and future; he is given to nostalgia (toward the past) and idealistic optimism (towards the future). He chooses to stay aloof and carefully observe the emotions of others. He understands emotion and knows how to tactfully and deftly play to the emotions of those around him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Translation:
    He is forever dwelling on how today is a reflection of yesterday, and its implications for tomorrow. In his interaction with others, he enjoys reminding them of what the present means in the contexts of past and future; he is given to nostalgia (toward the past) and idealistic optimism (towards the future). He chooses to stay aloof and carefully observe the emotions of others. He understands emotion and knows how to tactfully and deftly play to the emotions of those around him.
    There we are.... now that'll work!

Creepy-

I prefer to spend my time in quiet contemplation and reflective thought.

SeTi is how I deal with the requirements of reality, active (co-operative) learning. NiFe is simply the principle of integrity necessary to maintain co-operation.

SeTi is me. In fact, the superid function seems to be how I see most other types.

Creepy-person

"SeTi is how I deal with the requirements of reality, active (co-operative) learning. NiFe is simply the principle of integrity necessary to maintain co-operation.

SeTi is me. In fact, the superid function seems to be how I see most other types."

This is interesting but I don't really understand it. Did you read something that I didn't, or is this an original idea.

Creepy-

It's just my interpretation.

Superid is the function that presents ego with the requirements of reality (external environment). INFP estimate +Ti values. This looks like active learning to me. Active learning is a co-operative process. The principle of integrity is necessary for the maintenance of co-operative relations. I interpret the +Fe as confidence.

It fits with my experience. I am an active learner. I am driven to understand others and my environment. It is my most distinguishing characteristic and the reason I prefer to spend my time in quiet contemplation and reflective thought.

None of this stuff relating to time makes sense to me. When people ask me how I feel, I inevitably respond by expressing uncertainty in regards to my sensory experiences. The greater the uncertainty in the -Se values, the less confidence I have in the +Ti values.

If I substitute confidence for emotions, then the emotion part makes sense.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about how today is a result of yesterdays events, and how today will affect tommorrow. Inclined towards nostalgia in relation to the past. Idealistic optimism in relation to the future. Stay aloof and carefully observe the emotions of others. Understand emotion and know how to tactfully and deftly play to the emotions of people that are around.