Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SEI-ILE duality relations discussion, stories and examples (ENTp and ISFp)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's sweet.

A lot of men, especially the ILE and LII str8 males in alpha are CRAZY over that maternal instinct thing.

I often wondered how a woman finds love that is *not* naturally 'motherly' because those women exist too. My sister is having a hard time finding a relationship because she's that type of person. I mean it's just not really 'in her.' Not to say she's a bad mom but she lacks that motherly touch. I wonder what type of man would like that because on average it seems men really do go for the caring motherly thing.

I really can see the appeal. It's like having sexual attraction within a person that also wants to clean up your messy male toys on the floor because 'they really care.' okay now im just being campy.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cute @Transkar

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    That's sweet.

A lot of men, especially the ILE and LII str8 males in alpha are CRAZY over that maternal instinct thing.

I often wondered how a woman finds love that is *not* naturally 'motherly' because those women exist too. My sister is having a hard time finding a relationship because she's that type of person. I mean it's just not really 'in her.' Not to say she's a bad mom but she lacks that motherly touch. I wonder what type of man would like that because on average it seems men really do go for the caring motherly thing.
    gamma?

Banned
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Chesney View Post
    A real ILE would've fucked her the first night. You sound like a Delta in denial.
    Deltas have a stick up their ass too often.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transkar View Post
    Deltas have a stick up their ass too often.
    I have the entire project Orion up my arse making me a guided culprit, so you're right.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    What enneatype is John Stewart.
    ILE?

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Here's an example of an interview between ILE-SEI duals. Mark "Chopper" Read and Renee Brack.

Chopper is ILE-Ne

Renee Brack is SEI-Si

Last edited by Kill4Me; 05-29-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This song has something of an SEI 4w3 ILE 6w7 duality vibe.

TIM
    ILE Ne
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that ILE and SEI more looks like a good friends, than a couple, especially at the parties.

Also, sometimes I think, that my SEI treat my ideas like a dumb thinks and he is less flexible than me (for egzample: I want to buy a scooter. My SEI told me that is sooo cuute and funny and I will be like a six-years-old child. I thought that he approved that, so I told him, that he could buy some scooter too - and we will be riding at the weekends togheter. Then, to my surprise, he told me that he would feel like a wirdo and freak riding on scooter, so he declined. I felt sad, that my idea was taunted and he focus on what people would say :/).

Also, I think that SEI doesn't see alternatives and I always have to say: "Hi, look, there are more options than 0 or 1". Because of that, sometimes it's tough and I feel like I'm drowning in his second thoughts. But after that, I could see in my SEI that he is gently, funny, easy-going and focus on his goals (not like me, I can see a lot options, but everything is so scattered and easy to change) and that motivates me to achive more.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What do you think guys, is this an example of ILE-SEI duality? I know Pewdiepie is an ENTp, but I'm not quite sure what she is. They seem to have the alpha relationship style though of 'tries to have a relationship without problems' with a generally light and playful emotional atmosphere. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l35jAGQPOI

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    What do you think guys, is this an example of ILE-SEI duality? I know Pewdiepie is an ENTp, but I'm not quite sure what she is. They seem to have the alpha relationship style though of 'tries to have a relationship without problems' with a generally light and playful emotional atmosphere. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l35jAGQPOI
    yes could be ILE-SEI

Subtypes: He is Creative, she is Harmonizing

But I am also wondering if she could be ESE?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah she seems Fe base to me, certainly does not seem IP temperament

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Marzia sounds like ESE. She still has the organizing rationality going on. Just look at her ordering things around the house. There is at least one of those videos.

(I subtype myself as Einstein subtype because people keep me telling me that... not that I am Einstein.)
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for your replies, everyone! Yeah I can see Marzia being ESE, she does look like she's using more Fe than Si. I guess it's activity then, not duality.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Pewdiepie being IEI?

ILE seems strange typing for him imo.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    What about Pewdiepie being IEI?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arguments before you discard opinions

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pewdiepie seems EIE, I just watched his two videos - boring as hell.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have no longer any opinions regarding PewDiePie. One LIE (socionytube) typed him as LIE. PewDiePie also says that he is very awkward around large crowds of people. Based on that LIE could make some sense.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think EIE is a natural fit for PewDiePie; he seems to really enjoy gossiping and pushing other people's buttons, this being one of the most obvious thing about him. There's this misplaced tendency in online typology communities to type any classically extroverted person with an impish streak as ILE/ENTP.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Uhh, well, I don't really think he's a feeling type. I always thought he was an ENTp who's just using his Fe for the purposes of being entertaining. Typically the famous youtubers put on an exaggerated/silly personality for sake of being entertaining, or at least to try to be. But his logical reasoning while gaming is pretty efficient. He solves problems more quickly than most gamers. Also his emotional expression has a fake feeling to it, like underneath he doesn't really care that much. I also see some Si-seeking, where he gets easily distracted by random aesthetic details in the game that fascinate him (but aren't so important to the overall game) and taking quick breaks to get a drink when the game gets too stressful, or pet his dog, things like that.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, ILE's are not really that happy to go lucky types (deep down) even if they try and can handle uncertainty well. Logical constructivists [and no subtype will change it]. They truly need to get emotivism from others.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Well, ILE's are not really that happy to go lucky types (deep down) even if they try and can handle uncertainty well. Logical constructivists [and no subtype will change it]. They truly need to get emotivism from others.
    Yeah, that's kinda going along with what I said about his emotional expression being fake. Most of the time he doesn't seem to really feel what he's expressing, he's just going through the motions

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well PewDiePie's strengths Ej are strengths. He totally rejected engineering... and started to sell hot dogs instead... and then started to make videos. I mean without any medical conditions coding using matlab or something similar should at least be interesting and not viewed as totally horrifying even if civil engineering is boring... there is just so much else to pick from. ego is quite far fetched.

EIE or even LIE? EIE's at least are constructively using . Does PDP use it like that?
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    well PewDiePie's strengths Ej are strengths. He totally rejected engineering... and started to sell hot dogs instead... and then started to make videos. I mean without any medical conditions coding using matlab or something similar should at least be interesting and not viewed as totally horrifying even if civil engineering is boring... there is just so much else to pick from. ego is quite far fetched.

EIE or even LIE? EIE's at least are constructively using . Does PDP use it like that?
    Hmm possibly I see what you mean. I used to mistake ILEs for EIEs quite frequently. Maybe now I'm making the reverse mistake? Other people could just be assuming he's ILE because of his impish streak, like @xerx mentioned.

Attempting to VI pewdiepie xD he does look more like EIE than ILE, in the eyes.
    ILE:Capture 3.PNGCapture 4.PNG
    EIE:Capture 1.PNGCapture 2.PNG
    pewdiepie-wallpaper_12.jpg

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm possibly I see what you mean. I used to mistake ILEs for EIEs quite frequently.
    IME it's super common to be undecided when it comes to differentiating benefactors. People also confuse ILE/LSE, LIE/SLE, EII/SEI, ESI/IEI, etc. all the time. ILE/EIE both are merry types & both have strong Ne, after all.

Other pairs people frequently confuse (understandably) are mirror types (ILE/LII) & quasi-identical types (ILE/LIE).

OTOH the readily apparent creative function difference between lookalikes (ILE/IEE) makes it pretty easy to distinguish them (at least IME).

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know an LSE who many would type as an ILE.

Physicist. Bit scattered, has his own kind of weirdness. Quite atypical LSE.

Then:

He has vocational training background, he respects ethical guidelines that comes through feeling, he cooks a lot, he is known for his practicality and this is the place where other people in physics need him, totally fails to consider future implications/variables, loves to be drunk, runs a family with children with ease, likes to experiment with botanics, he admits that he kind of lives here and now and feeling bit alienated among other physicist. I must say that he uses bit similar approaches when it comes to logical problem solving.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    IME it's super common to be undecided when it comes to differentiating benefactors. People also confuse ILE/LSE, LIE/SLE, EII/SEI, ESI/IEI, etc. all the time. ILE/EIE both are merry types & both have strong Ne, after all.

Other pairs people frequently confuse (understandably) are mirror types (ILE/LII) & quasi-identical types (ILE/LIE).

OTOH the readily apparent creative function difference between lookalikes (ILE/IEE) makes it pretty easy to distinguish them (at least IME).
    Really, benefactors? Well I guess that makes sense and I'm glad I'm not the only one...Yeah, to me EIEs and ILEs often have a very similar attitude, which could be them both being merry types and strong Ne-users.
    I used to confuse ILE and IEE before, way back when I was first memorizing the functions but once I realized ILE prefers Ti and Fe, while IEE prefers Fi and Te, the difference became easy to spot.
    @Troll Nr 007
    I know an LSE who many would type as an ILE.

Physicist. Bit scattered, has his own kind of weirdness. Quite atypical LSE.

Then:

He has vocational training background, he respects ethical guidelines that comes through feeling, he cooks a lot, he is known for his practicality and this is the place where other people in physics need him, totally fails to consider future implications/variables, loves to be drunk, runs a family with children with ease, likes to experiment with botanics, he admits that he kind of lives here and now and feeling bit alienated among other physicist. I must say that he uses bit similar approaches when it comes to logical problem solving.
    I actually know someone almost exaclty like this, too o_0 He fits all your descriptions except for running a family. I've tentatively typed him as LSE Ti-subtype, but he and his family all think he's an ENTp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Jim Carrey - ENTP, Jeff Daniels - ISFP

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

God, that movie is GOAT

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One of Jane Austen's novels, Northanger Abbey, has a romance between an ILE (Henry) and an ISFx (Catherine--pretty sure she is either SEI or ESI - but the man is a pretty clear ILE).

This 1986 production of Northanger Abbey makes Catherine out to be SEI-Fe, with Henry as ILE-Ne. It seems to be a pretty good (if only a bit caricatured) example of SEI-ILE duality; I find the romance to be pretty appealing! They meet and 'click' together, no games. They have light-hearted conversations. Henry appreciates her genuine emotional openness and good morals, in a city where so many people have underlying agendas. Catherine appreciates his sense of humor, intellect, and eccentricity.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

Jim Carrey - ENTP, Jeff Daniels - ISFP
    I disagree with typing Jim this way. I am not a fan either. My deranged ESI & EIE sisters find him hilarious, however. I think it's an Se/Ni thing. Based on that one pic of Jeff Daniels possibly SLE.
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 01-06-2019 at 03:29 AM.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    I have a close friend who is ISFp, a girl. I've been spending huge amounts of time with her lately and I think that I've figured her out already.

For those who say that ISFp doesn't like to cook, that's a half truth. They don't particurarily dislike cooking, what they dislike is doing it for nothing. They are rather lazy and if they are to feed themselves, they are likely to go out and eat in a restaurant. However, when you're a special person to them, they actually enjoy cooking, not for the cooking itself, but because they enjoy imaginating and observing you to enjoy what they did for you. And they have a really good taste for cooking, I tell you.

That they don't make the first move... that's not true. I met this girl and I didn't pay attention to her but she slowly drew me, by stubly calling my attention and such. Once she invited me to her home with the pretext of fixing her computer. I think she mistaked me for an ENTp because I was raised in a predominantly alpha family (INTj father, ENTp and ESFj siblings) and I'm an inventor and have intellectual interests and such.

I do, however, notice the partial duality frequently as we get along really well over Si/Ne things but not so good around Fe/Fi things. She doesn't value Te things at all and doesn't really enjoy my conversations about business plans and such. I don't value Ti that much, as it seems to me as a black-and-white-ish way of looking at the world that is simply unrealistic. Thing is, her Fe simply annoys me to hell and she ridicules my Fi at times.

But we still get along really well. I think that above functions and such the predominant factor for a friendship is the introversion-extroversion scale. Introverts live dull lives without extroverts and extroverts are empty without introverts.
    True about the cooking.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post

yeah...those kinds of ILEs make me want to retype to ESI too, what I hate the most is when they don't understand you and they automatically treat you like total garbage...examples include my statistical mechanics professor from college who treated me like an idiot because I like to think for myself and Kevin Spacey's character from the movie 21; BTW, I guess I am pretty sure I am ILI now that I find that ESFps have way too much control over my subconscious and emotions (which is probably another reason why I am sometimes vulnerable to ILE superego)...I will get around to changing my signature eventually
    Your avatar you look ILE-Ti
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm possibly I see what you mean. I used to mistake ILEs for EIEs quite frequently. Maybe now I'm making the reverse mistake? Other people could just be assuming he's ILE because of his impish streak, like @xerx mentioned.

Attempting to VI pewdiepie xD he does look more like EIE than ILE, in the eyes.
    ILE:Capture 3.PNGCapture 4.PNG
    EIE:Capture 1.PNGCapture 2.PNG
    pewdiepie-wallpaper_12.jpg
    Yes, that guy in the color pic is EIE.
    ~* astralsilky

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of Jane Austen's novels, Northanger Abbey, has a romance between an ILE (Henry) and an ISFx (Catherine--pretty sure she is either SEI or ESI - but the man is a pretty clear ILE).

This 1986 production of Northanger Abbey makes Catherine out to be SEI-Fe, with Henry as ILE-Ne. It seems to be a pretty good (if only a bit caricatured) example of SEI-ILE duality; I find the romance to be pretty appealing! They meet and 'click' together, no games. They have light-hearted conversations. Henry appreciates her genuine emotional openness and good morals, in a city where so many people have underlying agendas. Catherine appreciates his sense of humor, intellect, and eccentricity.
    I remember watching this and thinking they were played just like duals.

I have two longtime friends in longtime marriages, both she-SEI and he-ILE marriages. Really good marriages, and yes, instant comfortable connection, and it stays comfortable, year after year. I spent time visiting in the home of one of these couples when I was in my bad marriage, and I would always marvel at the peace and calm as well as trouble-free problem-solving at their home. Such cooperation and ease.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I remember watching this and thinking they were played just like duals.

I have two longtime friends in longtime marriages, both she-SEI and he-ILE marriages. Really good marriages, and yes, instant comfortable connection, and it stays comfortable, year after year. I spent time visiting in the home of one of these couples when I was in my bad marriage, and I would always marvel at the peace and calm as well as trouble-free problem-solving at their home. Such cooperation and ease.
    Heyy, thanks so much for your feedback! It's good to know that other SEIs and ILEs have long-term comfortable connections - and so much harmony and cooperation. I guess my personal preferences are not so far 'out there'. Sorry about your bad marriage :/ I remember reading a little bit about it from your comments. I'm glad you're not in it, anymore.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heyy, thanks so much for your feedback! It's good to know that other SEIs and ILEs have long-term comfortable connections - and so much harmony and cooperation. I guess my personal preferences are not so far 'out there'. Sorry about your bad marriage :/ I remember reading a little bit about it from your comments. I'm glad you're not in it, anymore.
    Aw, thanks. Yes, its long over, and by the blessed Grace of God I am able to forgive and forget his weaknesses that caused such pain. And I know, had I not gone through that awfulness, I would not enjoy the truly good life I do right now with my husband. (It truly is a good life when just being together it the main thing that makes it good!) I was also blessed to be able to be there for a friend this year, long distance by phone, long talks, as she went through the onslaught of shocks and indignities that accompanied divorce after her husband left their longtime marriage (where she had been the constant-giver, and he the taker), and even though she knows her life would eventually become so much better - though there were times of uncertainty in the awful divorce proceedings - it still is like severing a limb, and it a very painful time. I am glad I could feel her pain with her, while knowing that this was only the present she had to get through, because her future would be so much brighter. It was wonderful to hear her review her year recently and see her realizing how far she had come, and what difficulties were now behind her.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI (me) sees the new year come in, takes their cubicle-inherited one page wall calendar and proceeds to shade the last 2 columns as new weekends and black out irrelevant day names to convert 2018 to 2019. Kind of laments how long it took to adjust it and the fact that the mark-ups do not look aesthetically perfect.

Dual ILE comes along one day, helping with an assignment and training. Looks up at the calendar, flips it over and behold, there is a real 2019 calendar.

Lol

ILEs rock.

& are full of happy surprises.
    ~* astralsilky

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    SEI (me) sees the new year come in, takes their cubicle-inherited one page wall calendar and proceeds to shade the last 2 columns as new weekends and black out irrelevant day names to convert 2018 to 2019. Kind of laments how long it took to adjust it and the fact that the mark-ups do not look aesthetically perfect.

Dual ILE comes along one day, helping with an assignment and training. Looks up at the calendar, flips it over and behold, there is a real 2019 calendar.

Lol

ILEs rock.

& are full of happy surprises.
    haha, nice. Weird when a person has high aesthetic ability and weak logics.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast