Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SEI-ILE duality relations discussion, stories and examples (ENTp and ISFp)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    I mean: let's say I intend to teach someone I live with something not very easy to explain in 5 minutes. I delay it now because I have an online meeting, tomorrow I delay because I play a game, the other day I watch a documentary, another one I simply don't feel like thinking about the subject, and so on. I reach a point when I go to sleep and think about the lack of accomplishment, deciding that the other day I'll do it. But thing repeat, every time I reorder my priorities, this falls back.
    So the repeated experiences taught me that I'm unable to pay attention to people if I don't have a direct short-term interest in them or the issue. The issue because most of the time discussions stimulate me and I realize/discover things I never thought previously, but I have to be relaxed, free of other interests or concerns.
    I can definitely relate. If I've got some lingering issue, especially in the interpersonal realm, it can be hard for me to deal with. When that happens, I do other things, usually procrastinating. And then I kick myself because I feel undisciplined.

Maybe it's Se as a role function that causes this feeling within us.

- we think differently, will this drive me to feel lonely? There are many things she does not understand, there is music that exalts me and doesn't tell anything to her. There are subtle sayings and actions in the movies or art, for example, which she does not understand in the same way as me, or not at all. Some people I see in a way that she can't see, I have an image, a stereotype I can't explain enough in words. I can't foresee a possibility to change this.
    She also scorns a lot of my interests, although I have her support.
    I can see this as a potential problem, too.. her eyes glaze over when I talk about any abstract concepts, even as related to areas that she's interested in (religion vs. theology, a specific foreign language vs. linguistics). It's a bit worrisome at times.

I think the trick is to recognize that the relationship works because you don't understand things in the same way. Yet, you're working toward the same end goals. I think combining your approaches takes time, and I think Ne is the key in making it happen. You'll find ways to fit portions of her worldview into your own.

I know that she quickly forgets minor transgressions so long as I ensure her that I've got her feelings at heart. I know that she looks forward to events and activities. So on and so forth.

If I had someone as action-oriented and head-in-the-clouds as I am, we'd probably just exhaust each other. I appreciate her ability to "ground" me, so to speak.

- I feel somehow unsafe because I think she lacks foresight. In my opinion, she does not "get" the situations, being a sensorial type, she can't extend the experience to new contexts. And above it, she takes hasty decisions without consulting me first, when she has an idea she enters a silent frenzy (Fe?).
    So yeah, this was her fault and the problem is that she could not connect the previous contexts to the current one. We learn from errors, but we should apply them to new situations as there are never two of the same. I would have understood if her brother were a technician or something, but also we should have talked about it first, imo.
    Perhaps, then, she needs to trust in your your ability to help her see that foresight. If you two have created an environment where she feels free to discuss her problems, she'll seek your opinion and you can offer it.

Which also relates to the above discussion.. perhaps there are things about the situations that she "gets" that you don't.

Yeah, I used to misidentify complementary with opposite a lot before. I don't know why, but remarks like "angel and demon", "beauty and the beast" attraction always made me sick. I fail to see their substance.
    But I've been a duality (in the general meaning) idealist since I was young, but considering some rules. For example I would create a team with both swords and bows, strength and speed, stealth and might, I don't believe in uniformity or best tactic.
    So yeah, at least about people it's now easy to think about what the essence of this complementarity is. We'll see about the rest .
    Yeah.. Ne can get us into trouble, sometimes. I can see where it helps to have someone who can appreciate that ability in us, but to help us consider other functions that we're missing out on.

I'm thinking this is the Si subtype. Mine is shy with strangers and imo she's a freak outside friends and family. But I met easygoing SEIs as well, they are more social, enjoying manners and resembling ESEs somehow. Could the other kind fit me better? They look more responsible and make me relax easier and to go out more often, but on the other hand their interests look shallow and are more boring. I have no intimate relationship experience with the other subtype, though I think it doesn't break the 16 types Duality rule, so it's just a matter of nuance imo.
    In my case, I seem to be the one dragging her out into the world. She seems to appreciate that, and I appreciate her just coming along for the ride. That in and of itself helps me relax, which I know is something that I need to do, too.
    IEE-Ne | ENFP | 4w3-6w7-9w1 so/sp/sx | sCoA|I| | Sanguine/Choleric | Benevolent Inventor

birthday frog wishes you a happy birthday
    birthday frog will give you presents and a card on your birthday
    birthday frog is Fe incarnate

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you don't always love your duals' weak points, it's just something you're okay with.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEI-ILE: how does ISFp & ENTp duality work?

How does the SEI/ILE duality work? I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Any help would be rockin!

thank you!
    *insert witty comment here*

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know an ILE and SEI who want to murder each other

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    No way...not possible mistyped one is ESTj or ISTp and the other likely ISFp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EllaC View Post
    Guys I'm not crazy, nor do relationships fail!

Argh more advice... any advice???
    Go out and be yourself. Don't try and pretend to be something you're not. SEIs can see though the act pretty easily. Don't worry about impressing anyone. If you're looking for your dual, just be yourself. I know I like listening to crazy ideas. :]

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    No way...not possible mistyped one is ESTj or ISTp and the other likely ISFp
    I say it is possible.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going away for a while
    But I'll be back, don't try and follow me
    'Cause I'll return as soon as possible
    See I'm trying to find my place
    But it might not be here where I feel safe
    We all learn to make mistakes

And run
    From them, from them
    With no direction
    We'll run from them, from them
    With no conviction

'Cause I'm just one of those ghosts
    Traveling endlessly
    Don't need no road
    In fact they follow me

And we just go in circles

Now I'm told that this is life
    And pain is just a simple compromise
    So we can get what we want out of it
    Would someone care to classify,
    Our broken hearts and twisted minds
    So I can find someone to rely on

And run
    To them, to them
    Full speed ahead
    Oh you are not, Useless
    We are just

Misguided ghosts
    Traveling endlessly
    The ones we trusted the most
    Pushed us far away
    And there's no one role
    We should not be the same
    But I'm just a ghost
    And still they echo me

They echo me in circles
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say it is possible.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I say it is possible.
    I agree. Dualizm isn't the only factor. There's also subtypes, enneagram types, stacking, and of course upbringing.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I agree. Dualizm isn't the only factor. There's also subtypes, enneagram types, stacking, and of course upbringing.
    And culture, with all that implies, including differences in culture based on time. And current situation. And life experiences beyond the immediate family. And religious, political, and philosophical differences. And serious physical/psychological issues on the part of one party or the other. And lots of other stuff too.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only people I have gotten into physical fights with have been ILEs that wont shut the fuck up. (I think they were 7w6s though--the childish attention whores, I think that has something to do with it)

My ILE professor is also driving me up a wall. He's a 7w6 and an attention whore. I wish he would just talk. Like a person. Instead of always acting like he's introducing some radical life-changing concept into my life. At this point I'm just humoring him because I would upset him. He's always looking at me for some kind of change in expression during class and it gets annoying. I learn nothing from him in lecture because he's impossible to follow. He just wanders from thing to thing, asking all sorts of rhetorical questions just so that if anyone tries to give an answer he can tell them they're wrong. Any time someone asks a question he tells them they shouldn't be asking that question. ugh

However, I think I've located the difference between the ILEs I like vs. the ones I don't like. The ones I want to choke I think are all 7w6s. Maybe so/sx has something to do with it too. The ones I have all kinds of fun with are the more grown-up 7w8s. All other ILE variants are cool too. Like there's this 6w7 at work who is hi-lar-ious.
    Last edited by electric sheep; 03-06-2010 at 09:25 PM.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What enneatype is John Stewart.
    Or any other famous entps, I want to see if I can spot such differences.
    I've met several ILE's, the childlike quality varies from small to large. But it always seems to be there.
    I want to know if the enneatypes make a difference frankly, and if I can tell.
    Last edited by jughead; 03-06-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: clarifications

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jon Stewart is my homeboy--ILE 7w8. Compare him to Bill Maher--ILE 7w6.

The difference between 7w6 and 7w8...
    7w6 is more idealistic and more provocative while 7w8 is more realistic and ambitious.
    The saddest ESFj

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    ILE?

I'm going away for a while
    But I'll be back, don't try and follow me
    'Cause I'll return as soon as possible
    See I'm trying to find my place
    But it might not be here where I feel safe
    We all learn to make mistakes

And run
    From them, from them
    With no direction
    We'll run from them, from them
    With no conviction

'Cause I'm just one of those ghosts
    Traveling endlessly
    Don't need no road
    In fact they follow me

And we just go in circles

Now I'm told that this is life
    And pain is just a simple compromise
    So we can get what we want out of it
    Would someone care to classify,
    Our broken hearts and twisted minds
    So I can find someone to rely on

And run
    To them, to them
    Full speed ahead
    Oh you are not, Useless
    We are just

Misguided ghosts
    Traveling endlessly
    The ones we trusted the most
    Pushed us far away
    And there's no one role
    We should not be the same
    But I'm just a ghost
    And still they echo me

They echo me in circles
    Wow. I'd say SEI>ILE. This resonates perfectly with my current life actions and feelings. Or perhaps I'm ILE. Or Damaged. Who knows. Alpha though Thanks for sharing.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fabelie View Post
    Go out and be yourself. Don't try and pretend to be something you're not. SEIs can see though the act pretty easily. Don't worry about impressing anyone. If you're looking for your dual, just be yourself. I know I like listening to crazy ideas. :]
    Yes. This.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    Wow. I'd say SEI>ILE. This resonates perfectly with my current life actions and feelings. Or perhaps I'm ILE. Or Damaged. Who knows. Alpha though Thanks for sharing.
    def alpha irrational, and I kind of agree on SEI because I thought it was perfect for me too. My typing is probably more boner-related than theoretically sound.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    def alpha irrational, and I kind of agree on SEI because I thought it was perfect for me too. My typing is probably more boner-related than theoretically sound.
    Yes, I think boners are relevant to the interests of most alpha SFs

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    The only people I have gotten into physical fights with have been ILEs that wont shut the fuck up. (I think they were 7w6s though--the childish attention whores, I think that has something to do with it)

My ILE professor is also driving me up a wall. He's a 7w6 and an attention whore. I wish he would just talk. Like a person. Instead of always acting like he's introducing some radical life-changing concept into my life. At this point I'm just humoring him because I would upset him. He's always looking at me for some kind of change in expression during class and it gets annoying. I learn nothing from him in lecture because he's impossible to follow. He just wanders from thing to thing, asking all sorts of rhetorical questions just so that if anyone tries to give an answer he can tell them they're wrong. Any time someone asks a question he tells them they shouldn't be asking that question. ugh

However, I think I've located the difference between the ILEs I like vs. the ones I don't like. The ones I want to choke I think are all 7w6s. Maybe so/sx has something to do with it too. The ones I have all kinds of fun with are the more grown-up 7w8s. All other ILE variants are cool too. Like there's this 6w7 at work who is hi-lar-ious.
    Hey, what do you know! I'm a 7w6 ILE and I find E3s to be the most attention-whorey and annoying part of the enneagram too. Do you know what annoys 7w6 ILEs more than anything else about E3s? When 7w6 ILE get's genuinely excited to share something they discovered with E3 and E3 comes back acting like they knew it already regardless of how ridiculously obscure it is and how they couldn't possibly know it. But E3 is like, totally super awesome and needs to prove that they're the best all the time so they obviously know what 7w6 ILE is talking about already.

E3 - Killing personal victories since 1987

We love each other.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post

Like our friend, AH64 Apache "Sayonara Saddam"

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an example of ILE-SEI duality (if only in a very abstract form):

If you've learned a lot about leadership and making a movement, then let's watch a movement happen, start to finish, in under 3 minutes, and dissect some lessons:

A leader needs the guts to stand alone and look ridiculous. But what he's doing is so simple, it's almost instructional. This is key. You must be easy to follow!

Now comes the first follower with a crucial role: he publicly shows everyone how to follow. Notice the leader embraces him as an equal, so it's not about the leader anymore - it's about them, plural. Notice he's calling to his friends to join in. It takes guts to be a first follower! You stand out and brave ridicule, yourself. Being a first follower is an under-appreciated form of leadership. The first follower transforms a lone nut into a leader. If the leader is the flint, the first follower is the spark that makes the fire.
    Leadership Lessons from Dancing Guy | Derek Sivers

so yea if you want to start a movement I'd be right there with you
    If you just want to goof around... I have other things I need to do
    It has to grab my attention!
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    Hey, what do you know! I'm a 7w6 ILE and I find E3s to be the most attention-whorey and annoying part of the enneagram too. Do you know what annoys 7w6 ILEs more than anything else about E3s? When 7w6 ILE get's genuinely excited to share something they discovered with E3 and E3 comes back acting like they knew it already regardless of how ridiculously obscure it is and how they couldn't possibly know it. But E3 is like, totally super awesome and needs to prove that they're the best all the time so they obviously know what 7w6 ILE is talking about already.

We love each other.
    If your "personal victory" is to make me look stupid, then I can put ice on that pretty quickly. And I do. You think you're ssooooooo clever, well I can be clever too
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YouTube - Leadership Lessons from Dancing Guy

I love that video. It's rather hilarious. And the first follower is an incredibly important position (IEI says what?)

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yea I suppose it would fit SLE/IEI quite nicely too
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your "personal victory" is to make me look stupid, then I can put ice on that pretty quickly. And I do. You think you're ssooooooo clever, well I can be clever too
    I only make people look stupid when they're being stupid. I just highlight their stupidity. Usually by stupidity I mean close-mindedness. Really, I just want to be able to enjoy my life and what it brings without turning it into a constant competition with pretentious E3s. I'm generalizing of course, mostly to make my point.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yea I suppose it would fit SLE/IEI quite nicely too
    The concept of the first follower in general, yes, but I agree that this particular video is much more ILE/SEI and SLE/IEI.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

YouTube - Leadership Lessons from Dancing Guy

No.

ILE-SEI duality is not about following.

It's about love/friendship/fun.

ILE don't like followers, in fact they usually reject followers very easily because of their strict requirements and diffucult personality.

The moment someone "follows" me, I typically lose all respect for that person.

I think the key thing I look for in life is people that help me relax and help me not fool myself. Alpha SF's and NT's basically fulfill these roles.

So... no never follow me, help me relax, keep me safe, keep me from fooling myself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well that's the point of the video. The first follower isn't really a "follower", he's just another type of leader, and he does wonders to keep you from looking like a complete ass.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

well that's the point of the video. The first follower isn't really a "follower", he's just another type of leader, and he does wonders to keep you from looking like a complete ass.
    Followers, leaders, fluff, it doesn't matter. I just want a secretary and I hear I can shop for one online.

Now if I could I would hire a cute SEI secretary, but I'll probably end up hooking up with her and making beautiful babies, but that's just because I'm wicked like that.

You know what that video is. The blind following the blind. I follow reason, following reason will get people to the same or similar points without any sort of leadership, followers or whatever.

I read what this guy said... what he's saying is... get on the pyramid early so you can reap the benefits.

Just no.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Followers, leaders, fluff, it doesn't matter. I just want a secretary and I hear I can shop for one online.

Now if I could I would hire a cute SEI secretary, but I'll probably end up hooking up with her and making beautiful babies, but that's just because I'm wicked like that.

You know what that video is. The blind following the blind. I follow reason, following reason will get people to the same or similar points without any sort of leadership, followers or whatever.

I read what this guy said... what he's saying is... get on the pyramid early so you can reap the benefits.

Just no.
    You are so Delta. ENTp's would never say that kind of stuff. Are you organized or disorganized?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Time to re-type to ESI!!!!!!!!!! (j/k, btw)
    yeah...those kinds of ILEs make me want to retype to ESI too, what I hate the most is when they don't understand you and they automatically treat you like total garbage...examples include my statistical mechanics professor from college who treated me like an idiot because I like to think for myself and Kevin Spacey's character from the movie 21; BTW, I guess I am pretty sure I am ILI now that I find that ESFps have way too much control over my subconscious and emotions (which is probably another reason why I am sometimes vulnerable to ILE superego)...I will get around to changing my signature eventually

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    My SEI treats me royally, this is not a joke, I mean it. She is not even bothered to do that in public. I never wanted to have slaves, but this is not the same thing, I like it, I don't feel embarrassed, because she does everything by her own will. I feel like a very young prince who is not aware of his power and people come and fulfil his wishes.
    So, I said royally, don't forget that. It ranges from feeding to courteous behaviour with me in public. Who the hell does that to someone else these days?...
    I think it's not just her, it's type related, I know SEI males who are real gentlemen when they're with people they like and respect, could look confused otherwise.

I think Dual relationship Between Alpha Irrationals (but extending to more types) raise their self-esteem very high. First of all they treat each other with attention. I said above about ILE, about SEI: I think ILEs, because they can be "inconsistently" serious and joking, make SEIs realize that peoples' demands are just their hubris, their trifles, and they should not be taken so seriously as before. People exploit SEIs because SEIs are too respectful and take other peoples' wishes as overly important (some types can't understand how sensitive are SEIs inside and how affected are by things). They are not fucking important at all, lol, but one needs insight or example to realize that everybody is just a fucking grown-up prick and his/her "serious/important" matters are just bullshit, only the toys are different. Taking me, I don't give a shit about what someone wants me to do if I don't find it important myself, be it the president of the USA - though I admit that Obama is cool and I'd make an exception for him .

SEIs are caring for ILEs in practical matters because:
    1. They are concerned. For both. The are doing it for themselves as well. "Is there enough this and that?" or "Some water is leaking in the bathroom!" They rarely can think of something else when there's a shortcoming or a problem around, can't focus if they have to learn for school in these conditions, for example. They need comfort and things to be fine.
    2. They can't resist needs or temptations of any kind. ILE share their happiness .
    3. ILE is not so concerned, on short-term. "Caesar can wait, but heaven can't".
    4. This equality. No one orders the other what to do, except the other asked for it ("Please, every time you see me posting on the forum, force me to do some more work. Don't listen to me when I delay it").
    5. They are very imaginative and always have a speculation of what process happens at a certain time. You have a pain? There's no problem, they can "explain" what happens inside you, what's happening to your tissues, blood pressure & stuff . What's that weird noise? You may not even hear it, but they will find out and show you what was the issue.
    SLIs are the same, ime.
    6. hmm I forgot, I'll edit.
    I've found SEI/ESE both do the whole treat you like a prince/princess thing.

But they only do it for people they really like. You'll know too, they're very clear about this sort of stuff.

I have a ESE as a best friend and like it's basically when I go out I have a personal waiter.

I haven't had close interaction with many SEI so I'll let you know once I find one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I've found SEI/ESE both do the whole treat you like a prince/princess thing.

But they only do it for people they really like. You'll know too, they're very clear about this sort of stuff.

I have a ESE as a best friend and like it's basically when I go out I have a personal waiter.

I haven't had close interaction with many SEI so I'll let you know once I find one.
    Ha, I have an ESE friend and we both "mom" each other when we're out. Like she'll check out the kinds of food I'll be eating and tell me if I can get it or not, and I'll make sure she wears her coat and am hyper-protective. lol. However, I'm only like that because she is one of my best friends.

I guess my point is that I agree. :\

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Fabelie: Do you think people when going out should behave a certain way, I mean polite, respectful, greeting & such, of this doesn't matter for you?
    Yes. I do. There are certain, separate behaviors that are appropriate for public and personal atmospheres. I mean, people should be polite to each other, but me and my close friends don't nessecarily follow those rules. If that makes sense. We'll be polite and respectful towards everyone else in a public atmosphere, but we'll almost recede into our own little world and sometimes ignore the line between personal/private behaviors. This continues until an outside party comes in. Then our bubble dissapears and we include the other person(s). Unfortunately, my ESE friend blurs the line more than I would like by bringing up personal battles in public places like the dinner table or bus. Of course, my irritation at that could just be me being sensitive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... maybe she/he is LSE or ILE? I can't imagine an ESE doing that.

What you said above, in your post, feels more close to ESE, in any case, this last sensitivity is common to both Alpha SF, SEIs are rather bothered by indiscretion, ESE by the rudeness.
    It don't mind rude-ness because I'll return their rudeness with snarky actions or comments. However, when someone is indiscreet, for example, by telling a secret of mine, or judging me verbally in public, I don't tolerate that well but instead of retaliate, I get quiet because I sort of feel trapped, like I can't really respond because my response would not be appropriate for the situation which really wasn't appropriate to begin with for the area in which the act was committed. I then forget about it later. However I'm not afraid of confronting people behind doors where the drama can be contained and away from prying eyes.

TIM
    IEE, enfp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    you don't always love your duals' weak points, it's just something you're okay with.
    yeah i agree but i also think you are indulgent to their weak points because you have the power to help them with them. it bugs me that my dual SLI is an emotional retard but i'm cool with it because i get satisfaction from helping him in this area. it makes me feel useful and that he needs me. it would be boring if they came to you ready assembled wouldn't it?

Banned
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My recent interaction with a SEI (I'm ILE) (ISFp-ENTp)

I met an SEI in San Francisco recently through a friend and at first glance I was immediately interested in her. Her and my friends hung out for the weekend, going to the Muir Woods and such, though I could tell she was reserved and not immediately trusting. It was easy for me to let go in front of her, tell her my ridiculous jokes, make up outlandish-funny stories, teach her about a number of random facts, and just open up in general. I kept wanting to pry into her private life to make me feel comfortable but I could tell that she did not like the spotlight and wanted to keep everything about me, which I like. Everytime I felt uncomfortable in conversation she would say "It's okay, you can say anything around me, I do not get offended by anything gross" and would liven me up by letting me know my jokes were okay. She also had that artist persona which I totally dig. We went for a final walk in San Francisco the last night and looked at the Oakland bridge. I feared I would never see her again but kept in contact.

Eventually the next week she came and visited me in San Diego (she lives in LA). We went out to a country bar and went dancing. I wanted to kiss her the entire time but was afraid to take the emotional initiative to do so. Later that night as I kept talking and talking and talking and making jokes she kisses me, immediately sending me head over heels. The next few days we go exploring around the city and go hiking and I felt warmth everytime I was with her. She would always want to make sure I was comfortable, folded my clothes at our place (I live with 3 other roommates including her childhood friend), and just clean because she got bored. I could lay on top of her and she had this sort of motherly feel about her that made me feel secure. Her touch was soft and comfortable and as long as I kept being silly she would continue to have a good time. When we got into deep and serious conversations they would last maybe a little while but then we would go back to being silly again. She is also sort of a pessimist and me being optimistic all the time really made the relationship work as well. All of my best attributes came out and I felt whole. Having chemistry and romance is great and at the same time I noticed she was also an SEI. Good instance of Socionics actually working.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transkar View Post
    I met an SEI in San Francisco recently through a friend and at first glance I was immediately interested in her. Her and my friends hung out for the weekend, going to the Muir Woods and such, though I could tell she was reserved and not immediately trusting. It was easy for me to let go in front of her, tell her my ridiculous jokes, make up outlandish-funny stories, teach her about a number of random facts, and just open up in general. I kept wanting to pry into her private life to make me feel comfortable but I could tell that she did not like the spotlight and wanted to keep everything about me, which I like. Everytime I felt uncomfortable in conversation she would say "It's okay, you can say anything around me, I do not get offended by anything gross" and would liven me up by letting me know my jokes were okay. She also had that artist persona which I totally dig. We went for a final walk in San Francisco the last night and looked at the Oakland bridge. I feared I would never see her again but kept in contact.

Eventually the next week she came and visited me in San Diego (she lives in LA). We went out to a country bar and went dancing. I wanted to kiss her the entire time but was afraid to take the emotional initiative to do so. Later that night as I kept talking and talking and talking and making jokes she kisses me, immediately sending me head over heels. The next few days we go exploring around the city and go hiking and I felt warmth everytime I was with her. She would always want to make sure I was comfortable, folded my clothes at our place (I live with 3 other roommates including her childhood friend), and just clean because she got bored. I could lay on top of her and she had this sort of motherly feel about her that made me feel secure. Her touch was soft and comfortable and as long as I kept being silly she would continue to have a good time. When we got into deep and serious conversations they would last maybe a little while but then we would go back to being silly again. She is also sort of a pessimist and me being optimistic all the time really made the relationship work as well. All of my best attributes came out and I felt whole. Having chemistry and romance is great and at the same time I noticed she was also an SEI. Good instance of Socionics actually working.
    A real ILE would've fucked her the first night. You sound like a Delta in denial.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    A real ILE would've fucked her the first night. You sound like a Delta in denial.
    Not so sure JoBlo, ILE's can be shy ;-)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    lol. you're hilarious but i'm not sure if its intentional.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast