View Poll Results: type of Donald Trump?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

3 1.63%
  • SEI (ISFp)

3 1.63%
  • ESE (ESFj)

3 1.63%
  • LII (INTj)

2 1.09%
  • SLE (ESTp)

118 64.13%
  • IEI (INFp)

2 1.09%
  • EIE (ENFj)

8 4.35%
  • LSI (ISTj)

2 1.09%
  • SEE (ESFp)

47 25.54%
  • ILI (INTp)

2 1.09%
  • LIE (ENTj)

8 4.35%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 0.54%
  • IEE (ENFp)

2 1.09%
  • SLI (ISTp)

3 1.63%
  • LSE (ESTj)

5 2.72%
  • EII (INFj)

4 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    You called him a stereotypical jock. I’m just pointing out that he’s literally a sack of porridge, so not that at least.
    Yes, he is a jock.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donal...s-like-2015-10

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irrelevant. You clearly didn't read the article given the speed with which you replied. It doesn't get more "jock" than that. But then, I knew you weren't serious about this.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Down, dragon.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. Fi ignoring is cute and endearing too I guess, except when it isn’t.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know not everyone likes clicking on links, so here's the most relevant points to support my claim that Donald enjoys the "jock" and the "popular kid" archetypes.

From the article:

In recent weeks, Business Insider reached out to several of Trump's former classmates at the school. They paint a picture of Trump as a star athlete who rose to become one of the highest-ranked members of his class. They also hinted at regular hazing and fighting that went on at the academy.

"He was one of the highest-ranked cadets there and he was motivated to excel back then, as he is now," Beuttell told Business Insider. "Nobody ever spoke badly about him then, and he was liked."

"He was intelligent, he presented himself well, he was athletic," Schoenewaldt said. "I even heard from some of the coaches and stuff he could have played professional baseball."

"He was just the best, a good athlete, a great athlete," Levine said. "He could have probably played pro ball as a pitcher. I think he threw 80 miles an hour. I was the catcher. He made my hand black and blue every day … Could he play football? Could he play soccer? He could do anything he wanted. He was physically and mentally gifted."

"OK, a couple of fights, but you know, that's common ground in that school. [It was] a little 'Lord of the Flies,'" Levine said.
    "There were a lot of very strong people up there, and it was very competitive," Levine recalled. "Everyone had fights there ... like if the bed wasn't made right."
    Of any fights, Levine made clear that physical encounters were a regular feature of life at the New York Military Academy and that Trump didn't get violent "more than anyone else would."
    "If you were the new guy, you know, the old guys kicked your ass," Levine said. "Eventually you became on the other end."

"There were some guys that were pretty aggressive with that stuff, but Trump was not one of them," he said. -> Despite his "jock"-y nature, Trump's creative Fi makes him act as a "good guy" towards others. He is good at relations and this is what his peers noticed about him as well. Hence his popularity.

Trump's yearbook indicates his nickname in high school was "D.T." His former classmates who talked to Business Insider said he went by "Don" and "Trump" as well. The yearbook also showed Trump was voted the school's "Ladies Man" in his senior year.

"He was a very good-looking, handsome guy, and he held himself in a way that everyone thought he'd be very desirable for the opposite sex," George Beuttell said.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At the most, you can say that he WAS a jock.

Right now, he is the Michelin Man with a toupee, and less of a jocklike athlete than my 75 year old Chinese grandmother.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"He was a very good-looking, handsome guy, and he held himself in a way that everyone thought he'd be very desirable for the opposite sex," George Beuttell said.
    lol

this reads like Trump's doctor's report he dictated to him and then published

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now, he is the Michelin Man with a toupee, and less of a jocklike athlete than my 75 year old Chinese grandmother.
    Semantics. He holds the archetype of the jock in his life, and this is incredibly relevant for typing him. Ignoring or disregarding this because he's currently an overweight 72 year old man is myopic.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Semantics. He holds the archetype of the jock in his life, and this is incredibly relevant for typing him. Ignoring or disregarding this because he's currently an overweight 72 year old man is myopic.

Ok, so why would SLE fit this archetype less than SEE?

In his current state, an ethical type should still be far more likeable. There are many many people who dislike Trump very much and find him immoral, etc. It’s one of his clearest, most defining traits. To ignore this reality is being in denial.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I mean there were sufficient people liking him to get him elected president

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I mean there were sufficient people liking him to get him elected president
    An SEE is not just “sufficiently” likeable. “Sufficiently likeable” sounds like norm level 2D Fe Hidden Agenda.

Moreover pointing that out again does not “trump” the point of him being inherently disliked by a large amount of people, and seen as unethical, abhorrent and offensive on a global scale.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Trump is too fond of cheeseburgers. All that fat floating around in his arteries gets lodged in his brain and chokes off the oxygen to the brain cells.
    @falsehope is right, he can't think the way he used to.

Yesterday I visited my mother, who has Alzheimer's. It's very interesting to me to see how her drive and motivations haven't changed, but she's trying to play music on a piano that is falling to pieces. Trump seems to be headed down the same path.

One thing to note. My mother's sister also had Alzheimers (the men in the family seem fine), and both my mother and her sister became increasingly mean and violent as time went on. Her sister threatened her grandchildren and my mother threatened her husband with violence. My mother had to be put into a secure care facility.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-18-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

An SEE is not just “sufficiently” likeable. “Sufficiently likeable” sounds like norm level 2D Fe Hidden Agenda.

Moreover pointing that out again does not “trump” the point of him being inherently disliked by a large amount of people, and seen as unethical, abhorrent and offensive on a global scale.
    you act like he got through a social event without offending people, he got elected bruh 4d Fe Se

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you act like he got through a social event without offending people, he got elected bruh 4d Fe Se
    You act like my post entered your brain. Clearly it did not.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah its true, I didn't accept your rationale or conclusion, but not because I didn't consider it

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah its true, I didn't accept your rationale or conclusion, but not because I didn't consider it
    So it’s because you’re a fucking dumbass?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah I get it, because I don't agree with you I'm a dumbass

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so why would SLE fit this archetype less than SEE?

In his current state, an ethical type should still be far more likeable. There are many many people who dislike Trump very much and find him immoral, etc. It’s one of his clearest, most defining traits. To ignore this reality is being in denial.
    The ease with which he plays with relations. Read the article I linked, or at least read the quotes I copy/pasted. SLE behaves differently and has a different effect on people. He's a jock, yet he was apparently gentler than many in the treatment of others. The grounds for his appeal to the other sex also show high ethics. Again, SLE has a different effect, their Fe is needed to attract, but is 2D, and this gives a very off-on quality to one's appeal in close contact. SEE is this: "he held himself in a way that everyone thought he'd be very desirable for the opposite sex" Ease with relations.

Donald is an emotional man. Emotional rhetoric is his signature move. Being "likable" by the larger public is the domain of Fe and while Donald has been successful with this in the past (tv shows and more), his likability shows in close relations. Read testimonies of people who have met him. This is the area where his appeal is king, and it is the area of subdued ethical attentiveness.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah I get it, because I don't agree with you I'm a dumbass
    It’s because you are not stating the reason that you disagree on a forum for discussion, only repeating your own opinion over and over again in your spergy universe.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The ease with which he plays with relations. Read the article I linked, or at least read the quotes I copy/pasted. SLE behaves differently and has a different effect on people. He's a jock, yet he was apparently gentler than many in the treatment of others. The grounds for his appeal to the other sex also show high ethics. Again, SLE has a different effect, their Fe is needed to attract, this gives a very off-on quality to one's appeal. SEE is this: "he held himself in a way that everyone thought he'd be very desirable for the opposite sex" Ease with relations.

Donald is an emotional man. Emotional rhetoric is his signature. Being "likable" by the larger public is the domain of Fe and while Donald has been successful with this in the past (tv shows and more), his likability shows in close relations. Read testimonies of people who have met him. This is the area where his appeal is king, and it is the area of subdued ethical attentiveness.
    He is liked by some sure, but he is not considered likeable on a global scale. This is an obvious fact.

Sex appeal is mostly related to physical appeal and resources and has little to do with ethics necessarily.

You stated SLE behaves differently and has a different effect on people. How then, in your opinion?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know not everyone likes clicking on links, so here's the most relevant points to support my claim that Donald enjoys the "jock" and the "popular kid" archetypes.

From the article:

In recent weeks, Business Insider reached out to several of Trump's former classmates at the school. They paint a picture of Trump as a star athlete who rose to become one of the highest-ranked members of his class. They also hinted at regular hazing and fighting that went on at the academy.

"He was one of the highest-ranked cadets there and he was motivated to excel back then, as he is now," Beuttell told Business Insider. "Nobody ever spoke badly about him then, and he was liked."

"He was intelligent, he presented himself well, he was athletic," Schoenewaldt said. "I even heard from some of the coaches and stuff he could have played professional baseball."

"He was just the best, a good athlete, a great athlete," Levine said. "He could have probably played pro ball as a pitcher. I think he threw 80 miles an hour. I was the catcher. He made my hand black and blue every day … Could he play football? Could he play soccer? He could do anything he wanted. He was physically and mentally gifted."

"OK, a couple of fights, but you know, that's common ground in that school. [It was] a little 'Lord of the Flies,'" Levine said.
    "There were a lot of very strong people up there, and it was very competitive," Levine recalled. "Everyone had fights there ... like if the bed wasn't made right."
    Of any fights, Levine made clear that physical encounters were a regular feature of life at the New York Military Academy and that Trump didn't get violent "more than anyone else would."
    "If you were the new guy, you know, the old guys kicked your ass," Levine said. "Eventually you became on the other end."

"There were some guys that were pretty aggressive with that stuff, but Trump was not one of them," he said. -> Despite his "jock"-y nature, Trump's creative Fi makes him act as a "good guy" towards others. He is good at relations and this is what his peers noticed about him as well. Hence his popularity.

Trump's yearbook indicates his nickname in high school was "D.T." His former classmates who talked to Business Insider said he went by "Don" and "Trump" as well. The yearbook also showed Trump was voted the school's "Ladies Man" in his senior year.

Business Insider is riddled with disinformation articles. This is meant only to puff up a false image. The archetype Trump fit in his youth was undistinguished-son-of-rich-guy. NYC has a lot of them.
    Last edited by golden; 06-19-2018 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah but that's not really the point, that sort of silliness is precisely what makes it SEE. there's also the fact that despite what you said being true, all that matters is that the truth itself become muddied so as to provide him room to peddle lies. I don't think this is a logical "scheme" so much as a way of being for trump, a kind of Ti "replacement"

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ease with which he plays with relations. Read the article I linked, or at least read the quotes I copy/pasted. SLE behaves differently and has a different effect on people. He's a jock, yet he was apparently gentler than many in the treatment of others. The grounds for his appeal to the other sex also show high ethics. Again, SLE has a different effect, their Fe is needed to attract, but is 2D, and this gives a very off-on quality to one's appeal in close contact. SEE is this: "he held himself in a way that everyone thought he'd be very desirable for the opposite sex" Ease with relations.

Donald is an emotional man. Emotional rhetoric is his signature move. Being "likable" by the larger public is the domain of Fe and while Donald has been successful with this in the past (tv shows and more), his likability shows in close relations. Read testimonies of people who have met him. This is the area where his appeal is king, and it is the area of subdued ethical attentiveness.
    Emotional lability does not equal ethics.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sure, it doesn't but thats an oversimplification. would you say the same thing to someone pointing out ESEs put out a lot of emotion?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah but that's not really the point, that sort of silliness is precisely what makes it SEE. there's also the fact that despite what you said being true, all that matters is that the truth itself become muddied so as to provide him room to peddle lies. I don't think this is a logical "scheme" so much as a way of being for trump, a kind of Ti "replacement"
    It makes much more sense as an Fi replacement.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is liked by some sure, but he is not considered likeable on a global scale. This is an obvious fact.

Sex appeal is mostly related to physical appeal and resources and has little to do with ethics necessarily.

You stated SLE behaves differently and has a different effect on people. How then, in your opinion?
    I was already alluding to it: in an environment that promotes competition and aggression, people remember him as being gentler in his approach, while still aggressive and competitive.

Sex appeal as described for Donald involves having a good handle on ethics.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah well welcome to the age old debate between kindred

what's really being hit on is manipulative rationality, but trump seems to care more about popularity than an actual result. ask yourself what is trumps endgame, what's he even aiming at. what is maga but an empty slogan, there is no real objective, except trump's ego.. and by this I mean in the Fi sense, it is pure egotism not even masquerading as a genuine cause, which say what you will about SLE they are communitarians. all this going between groups is characteristic of SEE. he just grabs at whatevers closest, there is no real strategy here its simple political instinct. he literally can't not listen and take on the cause of the last person he talked for, of course in "taking it on" he always uses it as leverage for his own benefit, thus he's not really taking anything on. stephen miller seems like a hardcore ILI who's got him pegged

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Business Insider is riddled with disinformation articles. This is meant only to puff up a false image. The archetype Trump fit fit in his youth was undistinguished-son-of-rich-guy. NYC has a lot of them.
    This can be said for any news website. Better not quote CNN either then.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Emotional lability does not equal ethics.
    What are you referring to? I don't recall making this claim.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was already alluding to it: in an environment that promotes competition and aggression, people remember him as being gentler in his approach, while still aggressive and competitive.
    In my real life experience this does not characterize SEE, who are very confident when it comes to other people and thus can in fact be very competitive and aggressive and confident in their approach. See: Napoleon who you used as your image characterization for him. What you are now saying, “soft, gentle”, etc, contradicts this. Perhaps the work of Fe HA, wanting to be likeable still?

Sex appeal as described for Donald involves having a good handle on ethics.
    Quote it then.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my real life experience this does not characterize SEE, who are very confident when it comes to other people and thus can in fact be very competitive and aggressive and confident in their approach. See: Napoleon who you used as your image characterization for him. What you are now saying, “soft, gentle”, etc, contradicts this. Perhaps the work of Fe HA, wanting to be likeable still?
    This is what I said:
    Aggressive + competitive while gentle with people at the same time = SEE

How you think this is me saying that SEE isn't competitive or aggressive doesn't make any sense. Just read my post lol.

Quote it then.
    I did. Stop being so damn lazy and read the fucking thing.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is what I said:
    Aggressive + competitive while gentle with people at the same time = SEE

How you think this is me saying that SEE isn't competitive or aggressive doesn't make any sense. Just read my post lol.

I did. Stop being so damn lazy and read the fucking thing.
    You did not quote anything that connected what you needed to, which was sex appeal to ethics appeal in Trumps case.

I am saying SEE is not gentle with people in the specific way that you are characterizing it. Napoleon did not have that same gentler approach with people, his attitude was very different and far more straightforward. Being softer to be more likeable in a competitive environment is more characteristic of Fe HA than Fi creative.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Samson, starting with post #145 a lot of arguments in favor of SEE have already been covered by other people. I agree with that typing of him, but in these long threads it seems like it just starts going in circles after awhile.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    @Samson, starting with post #145 a lot of arguments in favor of SEE have already been covered by other people. I agree with that typing of him, but in these long threads it seems like it just starts going in circles after awhile.
    What an ass kissing appeal to emotionality you must be SEE too then.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

squark is right, good luck ever settling on kindred. its why people think singu could be either ILI or IEI and there are decent arguments for both. the deal with trump, is hes like singu on steroids, with 10000x the trolling power, which is why it means something to people to sort it out. but the fact is itll never be agreed upon. in some sense people just want to get their opinions out because being heard is sometimes just a way to cope

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

squark is right, good luck ever settling on kindred. its why people think singu could be either ILI or IEI and there are decent arguments for both. the deal with trump, is hes like singu on steroids, with 10000x the trolling power, which is why it means something to people to sort it out. but the fact is itll never be agreed upon. in some sense people just want to get their opinions out because being heard is sometimes just a way to cope
    You are conflating something to this without evidence that people are making these same errors, and without the type having been conclusively decided on in the first place. It’s a celebrity lol. The majority of the community thinks SLE for him, so you’re going to have to work a little bit harder than this to convince most it seems.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    whose ass am I kissing? what appeal to emotionality?
    Speaking of going in circles around something

Whose ass you’re kissing: Samson’s

Appeal to emotionality: You’re just displaying your support to / solidarity with him in this argument with that comment without offering new arguments yourself

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You did not quote anything that connected what you needed to, which was sex appeal to ethics appeal in Trumps case.

I am saying SEE is not gentle with people in the specific way that you are characterizing it. Napoleon did not have that same gentler approach with people, his attitude was very different and far more straightforward. Being softer to be more likeable is more characteristic of Fe HA than Fi creative.
    "Being softer to be more likable"
    This is a misrepresentation of what I said. You are straw manning me. It should be obvious that Donald doesn't care about being "likable" in the way you put it. He does not have Fe HA, instead he makes a mockery out of the valued Fe in society and in others as is typical of the Demonstrative.

As for the sex appeal of the SEE involving ethics... This does not need to be proven as it is too obvious. The connection to Trump is exactly that which I've been explaining: the jock who is more gentle with his peers. None of this takes away from the aggression and I NEVER claimed otherwise.

This conversation is becoming very tedious. I have made my case and I have no interest in convincing you. SEE for Donald has been explained to death and back again and I will not be adding anything new to the overall conversation on this topic. My focus was on connecting the archetypes of the SEE to Donald Trump and I did so successfully.