View Poll Results: type of Donald Trump?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

2 1.61%
  • SEI (ISFp)

1 0.81%
  • ESE (ESFj)

2 1.61%
  • LII (INTj)

1 0.81%
  • SLE (ESTp)

89 71.77%
  • IEI (INFp)

1 0.81%
  • EIE (ENFj)

6 4.84%
  • LSI (ISTj)

1 0.81%
  • SEE (ESFp)

23 18.55%
  • ILI (INTp)

1 0.81%
  • LIE (ENTj)

6 4.84%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 0.81%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 0.81%
  • LSE (ESTj)

2 1.61%
  • EII (INFj)

3 2.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    She's right. I has insulted the typing skills of the majority on the forum as their owners insulted the rather evident Truth and the Socionics theory. The last ones needed some protection. I did my best in this hopeless try. The very majority that for so long mistypies such evident case as the topic's clown is definetely stronger with their ingnorance. Though some of them may accept the Light of the Truth easier after adequate criticism. This is more doubtful for the ones alike Maritsa which do not see correctly even own type as prefer to choose the types by emotions, instead of appropriate thinking. The similar phenomen leaded the others to see SLE in evident EIE, - they are under the emotions from Trumps clowning. Emotions and the Truth do not match good.
    As the masterpiece this case makes the degree of mass mistake - they mess the clubs, the kinds of ego functions - ones of the most different types!

Sorry, the Truth. They did not wanted to hurt you. They just have no idea what the real types are and what political clowning is.
    Do you think it matters how you type me or how others see me? It doesn’t sol! What matters is my Intertype relationships. I think that’s been pretty solid testament of my type. And, the fact that I’m married now should pretty much make any argument for my type null and void. It comes down to how my marriage works and it’s works really well. Do I use Fi on my husband? Am I Fi? I don’t know. I know what I tell him and what he tells me and we smooth out conflicts really well. Same goes for the other “LSE” cousins and aunt. It’s supposed to be natural. Keep rejecting me as whatever you think I’m not. It doesn’t bother me. Our interactions may or may not change. I still have infinite patience
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karatos View Post
    I couldn't uncover any insults from his butchered English.
    I’m glad you were not offended
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a possibility that he is ILI

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to break the post in two because spellcheck was auto correcting I L I to something else. Trump is a torpid slow moving lump. He seems to ignore people around him, perhaps a strange manifestation of introversion. His logic is based on calculated risk justified by raw intuition. His S e could be dual seeking. His wives are S e types. He could be Balzac.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    There is a possibility that he is ILI
    The plot thickens!
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In times of malice and despair, greatness always finds a way

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE 3w4 so/sx

Same type as Lacey Evans

TIM
    H-EII Sx/Sp E9w1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Gulenko, he's SEE.

Goddess of Sociopathy Revelations's Avatar
    TIM
    SEE E2 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Estp, VI's like one, Fi Polr.

TIM
    LII/creative subtype
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se dominant for sure, dominant subtype too. I also think he's an SLE and Gulenko mistyped him.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blatant SLE

TIM
    LII/creative subtype
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    Se dominant for sure, dominant subtype too. I also think he's an SLE and Gulenko mistyped him.
    after watching more interviews with him and SLE, I'm leaning more towards SEE for Trump now. one thing that is very typical for beta is a certain humbleness, even if many SLE often live outrageaous lives. they don't like to openly brag about their achievements. It also seems to me that trump is very interested in interpersonal relationships, which doesn't really fit a type with Fi as vulnerable function.

another interesting thing is that the trump tower has basically a huge mall inside with many shops for the public. I'm not sure if an SLE would like that, especially if he has the status that trump has. I think that beta would prefer to live away from the general public. the tower reminds me more of gamma's capitalistic values.

I guess there will always be discussions about his type. just wanted to post my opinion here.

TIM
    EII-I-HD 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that he seems to VI as ILI...

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toska View Post
    Interesting that he seems to VI as ILI...
    Perhaps in some parallel universe where Spocks have beards, but not in this one. I'm getting to old for this shit.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

TIM
    LII/creative subtype
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe also relevant: his wife seems to be an ST type. barely any facial expressions or emotions. very focused on realtiy. from what I've seen of her, she seems to have low Ne, for example she considers herself "the most bullied person in the world". makes me wonder if she's incapable of seeing different perspectives. calls herself very traditional, detail oriented and humble.

in the video you can also see how donald trump ridicules others through facial expressions and gossip (@3.23) it doesn't seem to me that an SLE would behave like this. LSI could work for Melania Trump imo. she displays quite a lot of introverted traits, but she's most likely a dominant or creative subtype.

TIM
    EII-I-HD 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Perhaps in some parallel universe where Spocks have beards, but not in this one. I'm getting to old for this shit.
    Just saying...

TIM
    EII-I-HD 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just going to toy with the idea. Here's another VI to reference for ILI.

A lot of people are bias against Trump and project Se onto him yet he often renounces others opinion of him in this light. Consider for instance the arrogance most perceive through the lens of restrictive Ne.

When faced with alternatives, the ILI will likely respond with stubbornness, seeing their conclusion as the most likely outcome and the only one worth focusing on. This can be interpreted by others as arrogance, although the ILI is unlikely to have a position at all until they have given the matter considerable thought and surveyed all the relevant variables in forming their opinion.

Transcript Highlights:

Mike Wallace: "They say he's lammed hungry, money hungry, power hungry."
    Trump: "The power is nonsense. I love the creative process." (Creative Te?)
    Mike Wallace: "What about the name of Trump city? Trump Tower where we are sitting in? Trump Plaza, Trump castle."
    Trump: "It sells. All I know is it has nothing to do with the ego. All I know is it sells." (Creative Te?)
    Mike Wallace:"Trump likes the attention he gets from crowds, from the establishment and from the press. But he is very sensitive about the press."
    Trump:"I don't think they portray what I'm really all about necessarily."
    Trump: "I don't find work to be work. I don't work for ambition sake which is a horrible word in itself because I don't even consider myself ambitious."
    Trump: "I believe they like making me out to be somebody a little bit more sinister than I really am and I don't look at myself necessarily as being sinister."
    Mike Wallace: "You'd like to control everything. You'd like to control this [Inaudible]. You want to control Mrs. Trump. You want to control what's going on there in the field. You want to control..."
    Trump: "I know I'm not going to control the broadcast. I know I'm not going to control Mrs. Trump. To a minor extent you can wish what you want to happen on the field. I don't want to control anything."

I'm just throwing this in here to be considered. I know most people are pretty sold on him having Se ego but I feel there's enough evidence for this to be questioned. What if rather than Se ego, this is him seeking Se?
    He obviously has struggled with his social standing for his entire life, typical of PoLR Fe.

His current wife is likely ESI. As he refers to her, he finds her helpful in tempering his performances. Helpful in the way he expresses himself.

Melania Trump: "They go after him, so he goes after them. It's nothing personal. It's all business."
    Ivana Trump: "He runs the country like a business and this is how it should be run."
    Last edited by toska; 10-12-2019 at 12:58 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If everyone was this “true to themselves” in their day-to-day behaviour then typing would be very easy. SLE

If anyone thinks otherwise, then they aren’t necessarily bad typers, but they need to check back on the fundamentals.

TIM
    EII-I-HD 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Investigator View Post
    If anyone thinks otherwise, then they aren’t necessarily bad typers, but they need to check back on the fundamentals.
    Tell me more about ignoring Ne.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    938 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I said I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore but you make a good point. For those new to socionics it is probably a good idea to go read the fundamentals. These descriptions are part of the fundamentals. They are the summaries of type by Aušra.

I do type him SEE based on fundamentals fwiw. Typing is always going to be subjective no matter how objective we think we are. You can go even further back and read psychological types by Jung.

It is also a good idea to research Trump or at least read his tweets and watch his videos. He has weak logic behind most of his actions. He has the flexible Fi backed with strong Fe which most closely fits SEE. He is better at manipulating people like a stage hypnotist which is also indicative of strong Se and demonstrative Fe. He acts on whims. He throws emotional temper tantrums. He gets his feelings hurt easily and doesn't hide it. He posts strategies openly on twitter thinking he is scaring the rest of the world when he is only just openly showing his hand. He caves to more powerful men (despite all his big talk). They know how to play him like a violin with flattery. The thing he is good at is making people like him one on one from what I read. I think both Russia and North Korea knew they got themselves a puppet which is why Russia wanted him elected. He has weakened the US in the eyes of the world. Made us the butt of jokes not only at home but all over the world. I can imagine they laugh at the idea of us being any kind of "super power" now. This is not true strength or power. This man is a whimsical clown who can't even read daily briefings. He just has his staff sum it up so he can get to tweeting like a teen mean girl. I told everyone who would listen how all this was going to play out before he was elected Now some of my friends are rolling their eyes and telling me I was right. I guess the alternative then would have been worse since the world was not ready for a female US pres. It would be a bit of poetic justice if he were beat in the next election by the one he dubbed "Pocahontas". At this point I am 50/50 on whether or not he will be up for reelection. Things are changing quickly.

SEE (Napoleon)

SEE - ESFp (Se,Fi)

Napoleon Bonaparte - famous French military and political leader.
    Another pseudonym of this type: Caius Julius Caesar - the first Roman Emperor.

1. Kindness is power. He takes pride in his influence with people, their love and respect, of his own popularity, gladly leads others. He is assertive and kinky in expressing his sexuality, but aloof in dealing with the objective world, mistrustful towards new scientific ideas and in general towards everything things objective, which he perceives as too impersonal. He feels much more confident and therefore has a clear conscience, only in the field of manipulating people.

2. Restless activity, greed for practical actions. He never hides his feelings – en contraire, he takes special pride in them. It is easy for him to sound sincere, when he expresses his true feelings. He expresses his admiration both verbally and with a look in his eyes. He is always an adherent of love in all its aspects, both carnal and psychological, if he needs it. Even when a feeling is of a passing nature, he knows very well what he desires from his lover, has no intention to adapt – only to dictate. He is arrogant, optimistic, before a complicated situation he does not go shy but tries to resolve it immediately in a few decisive moves.

3. He pays a lot of attention to the esthetic and order in his surroundings. Frequently he is the possessor of inborn taste, knows how to dress well and demands the same from his partners. He is attentive to “physical parameters” of his partner. In all his activities he shows a lot of initiative. However, he lacks a sense of measure: he is ever unsure that he has done all he could.

4. Less nagging and more living! His life may be poisoned by the demands of those close to him to think his actions through, to act “rationally”. This is too much for him to withstand, such demands only make him want to act more irrationally, and brush reason aside altogether to spite everyone. In fact, he acts cleverly and logically until someone starts to demand of him to do so, i.e. as long as he is “respected” and “reckoned with”. It is useless to dispute his logic: one can influence him only by challenging him to set aside his goals in favor of other ones, more noble and harder attainable.

5. Laws are cowards’ inventions. His initiative and passion for new undertakings are so great that no criticism, even permanent grumble of his dual (Balzac, The Critic) who condemns almost each display of enthusiasm, can spoil his mood. Moreover: criticizing calms him down, for him it signals that his activities did not pass unnoticed and that he must have done enough.

6. Disappointment. Due to his initiative and demanding nature he frequently feels disappointed with his loved ones: they turn out to be “not what they seemed to be”, not perceptive enough of his whims. The bottom line is that he needs a partner who is easy to adapt to without adapting at all (without changing his own nature). If such a partner is not nearby, he gets up to mischief in order to draw such a person’s attention.

ILI (Balzac)

ILI - INTp (Ni,Te)
    Honoré de Balzac - the French writer.

1."Imagination directs me". He possesses a powerful, intellectual imagination. A representative of this type, Honoré de Balzac, in his series of novels, The Human Comedy "painted" the portraits of more than 2000 people who appear hyper real: "he is comparable perhaps only to the city controller's office" —wrote of him Andre Maurois. Similarly, the phantasmagoric world of Gabriel García Marquez is impressively precise in every detail. Due to this quality The Critic can forecast the future quite well. From empirical observations of how a man acts at various times he creates something like a functional model in his mind. In general, he tends to know everything in advance. If he did not have to warn other people about possible dangers (opportunities interest him less), he most possibly would feel himself redundant.

2."A priest's calmness and restraint". He almost never expresses emotions and protects from them his family and friends. He sincerely believes that passions, too strong, will lead one to his doom. Honoré de Balzac has constantly demonstrated throughout his literary works how passion spreads like a devastating cancer that eats away the souls of men until it finally suppresses all else. This holds totally true in the case of his dual (Caesar, The Politician), a hyperactive person that easily gets carried away.

3.A profound analyst. He is convinced that living is impossible if one disregards the natural laws that regulate the world. One who ignores reality is heading for disaster. The Criticist believes that it is better to be somewhat too cynical then be a hypocrite. Hearing of a situation, he very soon thoroughly understands it and begins to tell to the bewildered interlocutor the details and aspects that the latter had overlooked. His analysis is devoid of any self-encouragement. "You shouldn't have a different attitude towards life than you have for the kitchen—the same amount of stinking odor; if you want to cook a dish, you'll have to get your hands dirty, just make sure you'll be able to wash the dirt off once you are done; that's the entire moral of our day and age."—So speaks Vautrin, a hero of Balzac's books. Such misanthropy can kill the anybody's spirits, except his dual (The Politician)!

4."First and foremost, he is kind". In spite of all his "negativism", he is really a very kindly person in nature. The above phrase about Honoré de Balzac belongs to George Sand who knew him very well. He likes strong people who know their way in life, who demand concessions: such people release him from the necessity to invent goals, while using methods invented by him (he is a master of inventing methods.) He is capable of pouring a bucket of cold water out on the head of an enthusiast. But on the other hand, he is likewise capable of easing one's despair, when they are unlucky, when things go the wrong way, when destiny seems to be hostile.
    5.Unapproachable and thus desired. A girl-student by the name of Laima (The Politician) gave a good description of this type when she tried to describe the hero of her dreams: "He must be handsome and smart, with big and sad eyes, not talkative. He does not tell compliments, and by that he creates an impression of his inapproachability. He is taunted by myriads of problems, which, in my opinion are nothing to be bothered with. I am attracted by his sadness, seriousness, so I try to amuse him, to raise his spirits, to make him happy. If such a boy is present at a party, I wouldn't be bored." This is a vivid description of this personality type, who is constant in his feelings, does not like adventures, and desires total dependence of his demanding partner.

SLE (Zhukov)

SLE - ESTp (Se,Ti)
    Georgy Zhukov - Marshal of the Soviet Union, a famous commander during the World War II.

1. The end result. This is the only thing that interests him. All he needs to achieve the final result he considers to be his vested interests. He is a strong-willed, determined person. "If stars shine at night – then somebody wanted it". With all his appearance he demonstrates he is far from being ostentatious, does not care for the impression he makes with others. “I did not understand, please repeat." – used to say Sergey Korolyov, the mastermind of the Soviet space technology. Few of Soviet top executives had the guts to ask this from Beria, the head of the Soviet secret police. All The Legionnaire does is performed with ardor, passionately and must be brought to its conclusion. He has the personality of an untamed struggler, who must come out on top no matter what the cost. "One should not avoid difficulties! One needs to learn how to overcome them" is his motto.

2. Die Hard. The expression "severe but just" became already trivial about this sort of persons. Marshal Zhukov was a really tough person, but only he could say to Stalin: "If you believe that the Head of the Chief Headquarters is capable only of talking gibberish, then he has no reason to be here. I ask you to relieve me of my rank as the Head of the Chief Headquarters and to send to the front". He has no back thoughts about his right to manage other people. Even taking into account his love to collegial discussion of issues, he always reserves the last sentence for himself. This is usually compensated by profound passion for his cause and the ability to seed the same enthusiasm in others.

3. A fine tactician. He quickly grasps the current situation and distribution of power, makes a decision and acts. He is capable of political maneuvering but never forgets his line. He possesses powerful logic function, but this kind of logic is determined and thus biased, its purpose isn’t philosophical speculations but the creative search for the shortcut to finding a solution. It is easier for him to concede his logic than his goal.

4. Dispassionate. He seldom gives in to fear, hatred, and other negative emotions, rarely gets surprised and rarely envies. The more dangerous the situation, the more self-disciplined and resolute he becomes.

5. He does not like to speak about feelings: this is not his line. And if by chance such words slip out, he feels as if he betrayed himself. He is afraid of emotional love, considering it an undeserved luxury. He is anxious of other feelings as well. Perceiving others to be just like him, he has no doubt that he may be desired, but he is seldom sure he can also be loved. He needs his partner’s emotional support and submits his emotions to him. However, in practical activity he never tends to adaptation, but only to dictation.
    I will now retype myself ILI and take one for the team which would make Trump my dual. Goodbye beta. It has been a lot of fun. I will miss you. Call me?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is a walking Se-caricature.

TIM
    EII-I-HD 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see a lot of assertions here... Do we rely more on typing someone based on how we perceive them or how they perceive themselves? I'd hope we'd be able to at least mediate between the two.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see a lot of assertions here... Do we rely more on typing someone based on how we perceive them or how they perceive themselves? I'd hope we'd be able to at least mediate between the two.
    I would be inclined to agree, but I think perceiving Trump as an introvert (Ip to be exact) is... Rare and, in fact, quite odd. And I don't think Trump sees himself as such either. There was that interview (somewhere in this thread) with a Fi-dom (I think) journalist, that one was telling.

"A priest's calmness and restraint". He almost never expresses emotions and protects from them his family and friends. He sincerely believes that passions, too strong, will lead one to his doom.
    That alone makes him poor at ILIng.

His parents seem delta, and he was rather conflicted with them, often severely unappreciated. Thus, he obsessively seeks assertion and acceptance to this day.

TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEE

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    938 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Tell me more about ignoring Ne.
    Simply put Ne ignoring can quickly filter out the external possibilities floating around and narrow it down to what is most probable. They are very aware of those possibilities and connections but they are more like noise in a sense. IxI can still play with those connections as well as a Ne creative if they choose to. Ne ignoring choose to give more weight to what comes from within that is not always visible to others. Similar to how Fe ignoring does in the realm of feeling and ethics.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

TIM
    EII-I-HD 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mesn View Post
    I would be inclined to agree, but I think perceiving Trump as an introvert (Ip to be exact) is... Rare and, in fact, quite odd. And I don't think Trump sees himself as such either. There was that interview (somewhere in this thread) with a Fi-dom (I think) journalist, that one was telling.

"A priest's calmness and restraint". He almost never expresses emotions and protects from them his family and friends. He sincerely believes that passions, too strong, will lead one to his doom.
    That alone makes him poor at ILIng.

His parents seem delta, and he was rather conflicted with them, often severely unappreciated. Thus, he obsessively seeks assertion and acceptance to this day.
    Clearly I'm playing devil's advocate here but I think he's someone who's received criticism from the media for his entire life. Someone who has been seen through an image that he's constantly been fighting against. Naturally, I can understand him being more reactive in his later years. The fact it's through Twitter seems very introverted as well. If you look back at how he used to be in older interviews, he was very calm and collected and would fit that description perfectly. Typing him back then, you'd see him in a totally different light.

TIM
    EII-I-HD 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Simply put Ne ignoring can quickly filter out the external possibilities floating around and narrow it down to what is most probable. They are still very aware of those possibilities and connections but they are more like noise in a sense. IxI can still play with those connections as well as a Ne creative if they choose to. Ne ignoring choose to give more weight to what comes from within that is not always visible to others. Similar to how Fe ignoring does in the realm of feeling and ethics.
    That wasn't meant to be taken literally.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    938 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

That wasn't meant to be taken literally.
    I am aware but your comment to him was a little pa so I thought I would answer.

TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I said I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore but you make a good point. For those new to socionics it is probably a good idea to go read the fundamentals. These descriptions are part of the fundamentals. They are the summaries of type by Aušra.

I do type him SEE based on fundamentals fwiw. Typing is always going to be subjective no matter how objective we think we are. You can go even further back and read psychological types by Jung.

It is also a good idea to research Trump or at least read his tweets and watch his videos. He has weak logic behind most of his actions. He has the flexible Fi backed with strong Fe which most closely fits SEE. He is better at manipulating people like a stage hypnotist which is also indicative of strong Se and demonstrative Fe. He acts on whims. He throws emotional temper tantrums. He gets his feelings hurt easily and doesn't hide it. He posts strategies openly on twitter thinking he is scaring the rest of the world when he is only just openly showing his hand. He caves to more powerful men (despite all his big talk). They know how to play him like a violin with flattery. The thing he is good at is making people like him one on one from what I read. I think both Russia and North Korea knew they got themselves a puppet which is why Russia wanted him elected. He has weakened the US in the eyes of the world. Made us the butt of jokes not only at home but all over the world. I can imagine they laugh at the idea of us being any kind of "super power" now. This is not true strength or power. This man is a whimsical clown who can't even read daily briefings. He just has his staff sum it up so he can get to tweeting like a teen mean girl. I told everyone who would listen how all this was going to play out before he was elected Now some of my friends are rolling their eyes and telling me I was right. I guess the alternative then would have been worse since the world was not ready for a female US pres. It would be a bit of poetic justice if he were beat in the next election by the one he dubbed "Pocahontas". At this point I am 50/50 on whether or not he will be up for reelection. Things are changing quickly.

I will now retype myself ILI and take one for the team which would make Trump my dual. Goodbye beta. It has been a lot of fun. I will miss you. Call me?
    Why r u retyping urself ili

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen I understand your SEE typing (I won’t waste time counter arguing him being an ILI), but let me unwind why he isn’t one.

Point 1: SEE are most likely to listen to advice (though victories must be credited to them) while SLE wants everything to be accomplished by their own hands. Remember, the whole premise of duality is that types’ behaviour is catered to their duals. SEE’s behaviour is catered towards ILI ‘s and one of the ILI’s greatest talents is to be a strategic and wise consigliere. While SLE’s behaviour is catered towards IEI’s where the IEI claims the role of being a person’s psychologist and spiritual guide (2D Ti makes sure this type of advice does not sound like dogmatic garbage, but at the same time not too theoretical so still well received by the down to the earth pragmatic SLE). If Donald Trump was a SEE, he would not be so quick to dismiss others (or even fire them). To be a SLE’s advisor you: can’t be too outspoken, can’t be too involved/hands-on, always passively agree even if you may not agree (definitely not an ILI trait), and when you do disagree strongly you have to take the role of a diplomat and guide the SLE to your point without saying their wrong to not appear like your commiting insubordination (which the SLE is very sensitive about). While SEE’s knows there might be holes in their reasoning and plans (SLE’s are less likely to have these holes as a logical type) and they realize advice to correct these mistakes may not “sound nice”, but that doesn’t bother them (catering to the critical ILI).

Point 2: There is a complete lack of the kindness or care for looking kind that you would never see in SEE’s. Don’t get me wrong, SEE’s care about being a strong leader who knows how to take care of “business.” However, they also love being praised for their kindness and benevolence. SEE’s would use these positive sentiments to manage (or based on who you talk to, they manipulate) their people. Whereas, the SLE doesn’t care about appearing nice; they want to be seen as a leader with absolute control. Instead of manipulating emotions, they “may” (not all the time) manipulate appearance of facts as they are a very witty/quick on their feet. Donald Trump flexes this skill a lot and is able convince people of lies and/or half truths; from cold businessmen (Art of the Deal) to voters. When he is called out for being racist or just mean he is unaffected with not even the afterthought of giving small apology to appease the people who scream he is immoral. Remember, SLE only really care about the end result. This non-PC behaviour really moved a nation who was sick of leaders/representatives playing politics while recieving tax payers’ money.

This should suffice for now.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think Trump is a huge douche and I don't really like him as a person, but I still think he is SLE (maybe SEE?).

You normally could say bad boys turn me on, but the way he does it- does not. It's just disgusting, and it's like he smiles at you like that after he sexually offends you. It's gross. I also in a way think he's a very type of dangerous sexual predator because he knows how to offend and get away with it just enough where he can't get in the trouble with the law, but it still comes off as disturbing to me. Just because you don't molest underage people or openly rape women doesn't mean you aren't disturbing to others sexually. (that's why society officializing sexual behavior all the time is counter-productive and a Road to Hell as you will end up harming good, harmless stuff between people (cuz people are morons who misunderstand things constantly) and also, you will overly allow things that are actually harmful to go unpunished because a clever bad guy will know how to tip toe and dance around anything legal anyway.

TIM
    EII-I-HD 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The amount of Trump hate on this thread is so overwhelming you might as well just type him bigot. Bunch of dismissive bias imo but yes, type him as my conflict I guess.

TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Investigator View Post
    @Aylen I understand your SEE typing (I won’t waste time counter arguing him being an ILI), but let me unwind why he isn’t one.

Point 1: SEE are most likely to listen to advice (though victories must be credited to them) while SLE wants everything to be accomplished by their own hands. Remember, the whole premise of duality is that types’ behaviour is catered to their duals. SEE’s behaviour is catered towards ILI ‘s and one of the ILI’s greatest talents is to be a strategic and wise consigliere. While SLE’s behaviour is catered towards IEI’s where the IEI claims the role of being a person’s psychologist and spiritual guide (2D Ti makes sure this type of advice does not sound like dogmatic garbage, but at the same time not too theoretical so still well received by the down to the earth pragmatic SLE). If Donald Trump was a SEE, he would not be so quick to dismiss others (or even fire them). To be a SLE’s advisor you: can’t be too outspoken, can’t be too involved/hands-on, always passively agree even if you may not agree (definitely not an ILI trait), and when you do disagree strongly you have to take the role of a diplomat and guide the SLE to your point without saying their wrong to not appear like your commiting insubordination (which the SLE is very sensitive about). While SEE’s knows there might be holes in their reasoning and plans (SLE’s are less likely to have these holes as a logical type) and they realize advice to correct these mistakes may not “sound nice”, but that doesn’t bother them (catering to the critical ILI).

Point 2: There is a complete lack of the kindness or care for looking kind that you would never see in SEE’s. Don’t get me wrong, SEE’s care about being a strong leader who knows how to take care of “business.” However, they also love being praised for their kindness and benevolence. SEE’s would use these positive sentiments to manage (or based on who you talk to, they manipulate) their people. Whereas, the SLE doesn’t care about appearing nice; they want to be seen as a leader with absolute control. Instead of manipulating emotions, they “may” (not all the time) manipulate appearance of facts as they are a very witty/quick on their feet. Donald Trump flexes this skill a lot and is able convince people of lies and/or half truths; from cold businessmen (Art of the Deal) to voters. When he is called out for being racist or just mean he is unaffected with not even the afterthought of giving small apology to appease the people who scream he is immoral. Remember, SLE only really care about the end result. This non-PC behaviour really moved a nation who was sick of leaders/representatives playing politics while recieving tax payers’ money.

This should suffice for now.
    Wait this guy types trump ILI lol

TIM
    EII-I-HD 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone justify why he would have 2D* Te when his active use and strength with Te seems like the main point and focus of his entire career? He's focused on getting shit done. Refers to everything he does as business. Where is the focus on power? This all just seems like projection based on his performances.

(edited)
    Last edited by toska; 10-12-2019 at 04:13 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The amount of Trump hate on this thread is so overwhelming you might as well just type him bigot. Bunch of dismissive bias imo but yes, type him as my conflict I guess.
    See my post, no bias. Maybe Trump did something to recieve so much hate, but I guess that is an irrational possibility... Just so there is isn’t any confusion, my “like” of this post was accidental.
    Last edited by Investigator; 10-12-2019 at 04:36 AM.

TIM
    EII-I-HD 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was meaning in regard to SEE but mistyped. Weak Te regardless. I can see SLE more than SEE but generally speaking it's hard for me to see Se. He clearly values Te. It wouldn't be subdued.

TIM
    LII/creative subtype
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was meaning in regard to SEE but mistyped. Weak Te regardless. I can see SLE more than SEE but generally speaking it's hard for me to see Se. He clearly values Te. It wouldn't be subdued.
    I just want to mention that in Gulenko's DCNH sytem, dominant subtypes have accentuated Se, Te and Fe. that's why he's not an easy person to type.