Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IEI-LII Benefit relations (INFp and INTj)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI-LII Benefit relations (INFp and INTj)

in the case of INTj/INFp relationships of benefit where is the benefit? what is benefit? what purpose serves these relationships in society?
    how much should I charge them ?
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Relations of Benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by krae
    in the case of INTj/INFp relationships of benefit where is the benefit? what is benefit? what purpose serves these relationships in society?
    how much should I charge them ?
    Yeah really. A little more clarity about his relation would be good. My mom's my benefactor and always gives me things, then again, she's my mom and moms generally do that.

I don't know too many enfj's. The ones I've known I've mainly given advice.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets take the example of INTj and INFp

INTj has
    big
    small

INFp has
    small
    big

The big of INTj is over-supportive to the small of INFp. However, the small is inadequately supportive to the big . As a result the INFp gets more support out of the relationship than the INTj.

Not only that, the INFp's big is over-critical to the INTj's small .

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Benefit relations: INFp and INTj (IEI-LII)

Alright, INFps -- what am I(NTjs) supposed to learn from you?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't believe you would ask such a question. the answer is very clear.

your benefactors exist to give you a clear analysis on the merits of batteries, including a comprehensive guide to selecting the appropriate brand, color, tint, average AMU, and the standard deviation of the diameter of the negative pole, not including the exterior.

INFps are generally masterful at knowing everything of batteries; i have yet to meet one that did not know what a battery was.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, that's an interesting take. I won't ask how or why about the batteries, though.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so yeah. thanks to INTjs not being able to get under their tasty Benefactor's pants there is so much bias and hidden hate towards INFps. also it's getting even more shitty as the beneficiary is extremely sensitive to benefactor's words. SO if some INFp chick tells you that you suck you mr. INTj login into the internet and start posting and writing articles about how bad the INFps are

I'm not sure if it's about learning but more about benefit from their Fe which corresponds to INTj's dual-seeking function.

also it's good for work since INFps can perfectly see how would INTj's work affect people/relationships in the long run although INTjs sometimes prefer to hide from that responsibility.

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTjs are attracted by the INFp's charm if the INFp deigns to give the INTj the slightest flavor of it.

However, INFps regard INTjs as pussy-wimps due to their PoLR and their strikes the INFp as a bit arrogant.

The End.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah anyway thanks for painting once again INFPs as pretentious, greedy bitches

I know that YES I view their Ti as sometimes too arrogant. but I do have respect for INTjs minds and accomplishments and I just.. respect my INTj friends in general.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indigoroom
    yeah anyway thanks for painting once again INFPs are pretentious, greedy bitches
    That wasn't my intention

I do know it's not that simple. My post was an intentionally crude description of how the INFp benefactor would view the INTj beneficiary from the point of view of function analysis alone. The INFp's dual-seeking function is , so they would not be particularly attracted to -PoLR types. Of course individuals are individuals.

Perhaps you can tell me why it should be different, socionically speaking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That asian's cute. I'm jealous of her hair. Hmmm, there's something feeling about her.

Perhaps INTJ needs to emotions to spice up their lives and that is where the INFPs come in putting everything subjectively. INTJs perhaps need a different view point than objective. ?
    INFP

Creepy-aurora_faerie

We're supposed to stop you from over-analyzing your mother and get on with life.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

oh, and stop thinking of all your relationships in terms of socionics. they are people, not letters. they will form their own roles in your life, not their precisily allocated letter formation you have applied to them without their knowledge.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    INTjs are attracted by the INFp's charm if the INFp deigns to give the INTj the slightest flavor of it.

However, INFps regard INTjs as pussy-wimps due to their PoLR and their strikes the INFp as a bit arrogant.

The End.
    Wow. How did you know that? Honestly, this is probably the best description of how I tend to view INTjs.

I think sometimes the dual-seeking function can be "strong" in the sense that it allows one to look for the presence of a function in another person. I think this is part of why I feel like I supervise INFjs sometimes.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    I think sometimes the dual-seeking function can be "strong" in the sense that it allows one to look for the presence of a function in another person.
    Most definitely. I agree. Also, the dual-seeking function is also part of your quadra values.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I am really good friends with two INTjs. They do seem to really like me, and value my opinion on things, kind of look up to me in a way? Well, at least one does. The other, well, we're just really close.

I like INTjs myself... I don't really see them in a bad light or anything.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My relationships with INTJs are quite variable, and I think this could be related to subtype differences. One of my closest friends is an intuitive subtype INTJ; he's very warm and laid-back, yet intensely intellectual, detached, and private. He and I are able to joke together, discuss philosophy, and share personal stories. We also have similar senses of humor - he seems to find nearly everything I say and do hilarious.
    My other INTJ friend is a logical subtype, and our relationship is somewhat different. He's a bit more hard-nosed and abrasive than my intuitive subtype friend and has a tendency to criticize me often because of my soft-heartedness and tendency to vacillate in making decisions. His way of relating to me also involves a lot of mockery and somewhat demeaning humor. I like him a lot and enjoy spending time with him, but I have trouble determining if he's truly angry/fed up with me or if that's just his nature. He is, however, utterly fascinated by my intuitive subtype INFP friend (I'm an ethical subtype INFP) and wishes that he could be more like him.
    So yeah, I get along with some INTJs better than others, but I'm not entirely sure about their perceptions of me. I actually like them very much and value their humor and perspective - they never cease to be stimulating company.

- ethical subtype INFP and dork in the extreme

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat

The End.
    that is why you love em and leave em.

many times i actually view myself as their benefactor of sorts. i think it is an fp <=> tj thing.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The INTjs I know are all very interesting people. The beauty of this relationship is that we can spend hours discussing topics that would generally bore most people. The agony of this relationship is that... we can spend HOURS discussing topics that would generally bore most people, heh.

We reach a point in the discussion where I keep running up against the INTj's - they are firmly entrenched in their own belief about the topic at hand, and as much as I try and offer a more vision of the situation, it just rolls off of their backs. They don't get it. And they don't realize they don't get it. And I don't realize that they don't realize that they don't get it. And so we end up saying the same thing in many different ways over and over and over again, chasing after whichever direction their wants to take us.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTj-INFp relations, how are they?

I have never seen it in real life. So how do these two types get along over the longer period of time. I'm not interested in links to some descriptions. I'm interested in real life storys. Hopefully from real INTjs and INFps.
    Semiotical process

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen strong friendships develop between INFp-girl and INTj-guy. The INFp-girl is generally in awe to the INTj-Ti, which something she would like to be able to do. The INTj is extremely fascinated by the INFp but, on the other hand, turned off by the perceiving nature of her feelings. When the relationship gets closer, the INFp-girl becomes very distresses by the difficulty the INTj has in "having fun" and "letting loose", along with the general squeamishness of the INTj in Si matters (as an example, read Subterranean reaction to my posting in the "Favourite Lyrics" thread). The INTj, again, tries to "convert" the INFp, but the INFp passively resists.

In all honesty, I know this because both times I was the "third party". I mean, that both girls were going out with me whlist trying to return to the "friends" status with the INTj.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never been in a relationship with an INFp personally. But I can agree with what FDG, based on what I know about myself, socionics, and INFps.

Especially the part about LII looking for rational emotions
    and the INFp looking for someone who is more 'fun'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG described it perfectly. I honestly can't give a better account of my own experiences with INTjs.
    IEI subtype

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i find i am able to start friendships fastest with INFps. I can be the one distancing myself at times and the INFp can be the one who is annoyed with the relations as well.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like INFps' sense of humor, although it becomes taxing after a while.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is impossible to tell what the benefactor wants from you...

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
    It is impossible to tell what the benefactor wants from you...
    It's something that's too inconspicuous and mundane to you, that the benefactor sees as valuable ...

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the only INFp on the forum I speak with authority when I say that INTjs are boring.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    As the only INFp on the forum I speak with authority when I say that INTjs are boring.
    And I am having an identity crisis. I seem to have spent that last week thinking I am really an IEI. I am still and LII right?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-5-9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find most INTjs I meet pretty amusing. I like to hear them talk about their ideas and theories because the way they describe things is usually interesting and passionate, but often really convoluted and they get all worked up about it. I don't know why I find that amusing, but I do. Their nerdiness is kind of adorable. Then, I like to poke at them by subtly making fun of them. To make them laugh, basically. I also tend to try to push them to do things that I know they wouldn't normally do.

For instance, I had an INTj philosophy professor. He was extremely knowledgeable, and could lecture without notes for hours on various topics. But, when not lecturing, he seemed very shy. Most people found him pretty intimidating, but shortly after meeting him, I got the sense that I was the boss of him, for whatever reason. I went to talk to him during office hours, just for fun, and found him asleep (and snoring) in his office. I thought that was hilarious. So I went to the vending machine and bought a Rockstar energy drink. I walked back into his office and slammed it on the table and said "Hey, Rockstar! I got you a drink." He was super flustered, and just launched into awkward chit chat. And he did drink the drink. I also remember trying to do subtle things to distract him from his thoughts as he was talking. A lot of times I would tune him out, and make some kind of small but strange movements to see if I could get his attention out of his head and into the space.

This is just an example of one relationship I have with one INTj. I'm not saying that others are like this. But I do notice a sort of similarity between the above dynamic and interactions with others I have typed INTj.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rahmyn View Post
    I find most INTjs I meet pretty amusing. I like to hear them talk about their ideas and theories because the way they describe things is usually interesting and passionate, but often really convoluted and they get all worked up about it. I don't know why I find that amusing, but I do. Their nerdiness is kind of adorable. Then, I like to poke at them by subtly making fun of them. To make them laugh, basically. I also tend to try to push them to do things that I know they wouldn't normally do.

For instance, I had an INTj philosophy professor. He was extremely knowledgeable, and could lecture without notes for hours on various topics. But, when not lecturing, he seemed very shy. Most people found him pretty intimidating, but shortly after meeting him, I got the sense that I was the boss of him, for whatever reason. I went to talk to him during office hours, just for fun, and found him asleep (and snoring) in his office. I thought that was hilarious. So I went to the vending machine and bought a Rockstar energy drink. I walked back into his office and slammed it on the table and said "Hey, Rockstar! I got you a drink." He was super flustered, and just launched into awkward chit chat. And he did drink the drink. I also remember trying to do subtle things to distract him from his thoughts as he was talking. A lot of times I would tune him out, and make some kind of small but strange movements to see if I could get his attention out of his head and into the space.

This is just an example of one relationship I have with one INTj. I'm not saying that others are like this. But I do notice a sort of similarity between the above dynamic and interactions with others I have typed INTj.
    this sounds like an infp talking about an intj at a comfortable, friendly distance. INFp amused or in awe of Ti, INTj glad to amuse and awe with their theories and quirks.

TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-5-9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    this sounds like an infp talking about an intj at a comfortable, friendly distance. INFp amused or in awe of Ti, INTj glad to amuse and awe with their theories and quirks.
    Interesting. I don't know if this changes your view, but I am more amused by their awkwardness in the way they say things.... not the content of what is said. That professor was one of my favorites because he was fascinating when he talked about his ideas. Really clunky and awkward when he wasn't talking about his ideas.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prepare for a large amount of obliviousness and passive aggressive behavior.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was friends with/had a brief fling with an INTj (-Ti, I think). FDG is right, at first I was a little in awe of the Ti. Like when Ti-egos are just sitting and looking at something they seem to have this intense gaze, which I totally get wet for. I knew enough about socionics by this point to know that I don't value Ne-creative, and also that I am benefactor here (which romantically is off-putting). But it was like I was playing a game with the Ti-ego, trying to draw it in and outsmart(?) it, and that was fascinating enough to ignore the less savory aspects, like how awkward he was.

TBH I really did enjoy the times when just the two of us were sitting and observing/commenting on others around us. Other than that I found him to be a bit of an intellectual fraud.. I'm sure older INTjs with PhDs are genuine, and a few of my favorite professors might have been INTj. This one, however, could namedrop any classical author/theorist, but he didn't actually KNOW the material. He looked that shit up on wikipedia, bc he really doesn't have a life. One time he even tried explaining to me his methodolgy of going through wikipedia pages very categorically...

After we hooked up one night I lost all interest.

Basically, in the beginning, you (the INFp) are a little bit drunk with Ti overload, and you fret (just a little) over the ways in which you fall short - loud Fe and Si. Once you get to know them really well, you realize all the ways in which they fall short, which is more important for YOU. I would strongly advise against a romantic relationship, no matter how tempting just to try. You will lose out on a doting and helpful ally, if you are female and you hook up with INTj.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sssonyyy View Post
    Was friends with/had a brief fling with an INTj (-Ti, I think). FDG is right, at first I was a little in awe of the Ti. Like when Ti-egos are just sitting and looking at something they seem to have this intense gaze, which I totally get wet for. I knew enough about socionics by this point to know that I don't value Ne-creative, and also that I am benefactor here (which romantically is off-putting). But it was like I was playing a game with the Ti-ego, trying to draw it in and outsmart(?) it, and that was fascinating enough to ignore the less savory aspects, like how awkward he was.

TBH I really did enjoy the times when just the two of us were sitting and observing/commenting on others around us. Other than that I found him to be a bit of an intellectual fraud.. I'm sure older INTjs with PhDs are genuine, and a few of my favorite professors might have been INTj. This one, however, could namedrop any classical author/theorist, but he didn't actually KNOW the material. He looked that shit up on wikipedia, bc he really doesn't have a life. One time he even tried explaining to me his methodolgy of going through wikipedia pages very categorically...

After we hooked up one night I lost all interest.

Basically, in the beginning, you (the INFp) are a little bit drunk with Ti overload, and you fret (just a little) over the ways in which you fall short - loud Fe and Si. Once you get to know them really well, you realize all the ways in which they fall short, which is more important for YOU. I would strongly advise against a romantic relationship, no matter how tempting just to try. You will lose out on a doting and helpful ally, if you are female and you hook up with INTj.
    I think this is similar to an INFp male's perspective, too. I don't rule out that physical preferences can't be adjusted to, though.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking awesomeballs. They love rolling around in each others Ti. Like kittens in cottonballs.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default INFp benefit relations with INTj: IEI-LII

I just noticed if you tell an INTj 'Don't be so crabby!' in an upbeat, light-hearted way they will ease them up and make them warmer. (with lots of Fe of course)

But never, ever ever bully them lol.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really, if you say anything at all to an LII he will ease up and feel warmer, so long as you suffuse it with lots of positive Fe.

LII: "I am frustrated and upset."
    ESE: "I like pie!"
    LII:
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feminine Fe is really captivating, matched with her facial expression. It's like, what the Hell.
    In no way should one act contrary to the great future you have before you.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    LII: "I am frustrated and upset."
    ESE: "I like pie!"
    LII: "You make no sense."
    Fixed again.