Thread: Basic intertype relations

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Basic intertype relations

The following are the most basic intertype relations:

Identical relations (complete understanding)
    Dual relations (complete support)
    Contrary relations (complete correction)
    Superego relations (complete inhibition)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complete correction?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Complete correction?

Like you keep annoying each other.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you see semi-duals, they provide primary support and secondary correction.

Contrary relations provide primary and secondary correction.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*wrinkles nose*

How irritating. I can't believe I've been in that relationship for 3.5 years.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my staff is my contrary. He always says the wrong thing to me. I usually think he's up to something. We have to talk a lot to clarify things and they still aren't that much clearer.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The following are the most basic intertype relations:

Identical relations (complete understanding)
    Dual relations (complete support)
    Contrary relations (complete correction)
    Superego relations (complete inhibition)
    That seems to be the same premise that Gulenko used in this article for describing dynamics of same and complementary temperament relations:

Identity - energy oscillations are in-phase due to similar temperaments. Because of this, one quickly understands both strengths and weaknesses of the partner. Deterioration of relations occurs when partners attempt to solve problems where both experience same difficulties.

Superego - oscillations are in anti-phase. Where one partner is experiencing difficulties, the other feels sure of him/herself. Partners understand each other's pragmatic motives very well. You can as if physically feel your partner's thoughts and intentions because you are already at the point towards which he is striving (an effect which is explained by the coincidence one partners mental function with another partners vital functions).

Business (look-alike) - transition from Superego to Identity. These relations can pleasantly surprise you. That which seems unattainable to you, your partner performs a short period of time or on a larger scale than was expected.

Kindred - transition from Identity to Superego. The unpleasant part is that that striving for similar goals, partners resort to completely unexpected and opposing methods.

Duality - in-phase energy oscillations of opposite temperaments. Dual relations provide for the greatest degree of life comfort to both partners.

Extinguishment - anti-phase energy oscillations of opposite temperaments. Your partner is your unconscious ideal: he is already at the point towards which you are aiming.

Semi-duality - transition from Duality to Extinguishment. Decreasing distance difficulties with adaptation arise because you will have to overcome the opposition of values and tastes. Partner does that which was expected of him but with an obvious delay.

Mirage - transition from Extinguishment to Duality. Main difficulties with adaptation arise in the beginning, but in the process of getting closer they smooth over. Partner is doing more than you expect from him.