Thread: the ENTp grin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the ENTp grin

It says "there's something I'm not saying"... look! It's funny. I love it. They ALL have that grin.

http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/il.html
    http://ru.laser.ru/socion/references/filatova/entp/

Anyone got any other links?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Default Re: the ENTp grin

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    They ALL have that grin.
    And they are all apparently ugly people stuck in the year 1973

On the first link, check out the dude on the right side, 3rd down from the top.

or is it a chick?

its so hottttt!!

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: the ENTp grin

It says "there's something I'm not saying"... look! It's funny. I love it. They ALL have that grin.

http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/il.html
    http://ru.laser.ru/socion/references/filatova/entp/

Anyone got any other links?
    *sigh* This issue with Einstein being labeled ENTp is a huge conundrum. But when data is made to conform to incomplete models these things happen.

But now Karl Marx... that's something interesting.... Very interesting indeed. Clearly he was no classic ENTp....

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it many many times and I'll say it again: neurosis can't be typed.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always heard of Einstein being typed INTp. Not sure about Marx; he was an NT for sure, but the others I'm not sure about. Having formed a whole new political theory of his own points towards something Ni dominant (INTp), or that at least uses Ni extensively(ENTj), but I don't know enough about typing by looks, writing samples, etc. to pass judgement.

Speaking of famous peoples' types, what have people heard about ******? I know that all the gesticulation, among other things, points to ENTp, but I've heard multiple things. What do others think?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

I agree 100%

Neurosis is completely independent of type. Any effort to categorize on this would be a huge mistake. Not only imo, would the data be an unfair categorization - but more importantly what would it's purpose be? Every time we categorize people based on their malfunctions (or perceived negatives), we begin to create class system. Class systems are *always* destructive when it comes to people.

This is why socionics is good, imo (although confusing to me). It simply gives you data and does not try to suggest "bad" or "good". That is up to the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    What do others think?
    I'm a big fan of good ol' al. But he was socially unnacceptable. I feel no comfort being loosely categorized with famous people, because I am the type of person to do this:

Someone says, at the restaurant, that Angelina Jolie just sat down at a table behind me.

Person A: "OMFG! Did you.. did you... see? Its.. its... omfg, omfg. I have to get an autograph!"

Person B: "I love the croutons on this salad".

I am person B.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I worked at a four star hotel so I saw a lot of celebrities and professional athletes. WHATEVER! They're not worth the commotion. The only one that I thought was really cool to see was John DeLancey, and no one else recognized him or knew what I was talking about. Hehe, I was like, "I'm 99% certain that the guy at table 72 is John DeLancey." I found his name on the guest list and my coworkers looked at him and had no idea who he was. Eh well.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree about that grin, joy. never really thought about it, but it is common. People say I have a crooked smiling and I'm always smirking.

As for Einstein and Marx- absolutely 100% ENTp. I don't see a reason for argument about that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddles
    As for Einstein and Marx- absolutely 100% ENTp. I don't see a reason for argument about that.
    When people say things like that, they shouldn't be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan
    Speaking of famous peoples' types, what have people heard about ******? I know that all the gesticulation, among other things, points to ENTp, but I've heard multiple things. What do others think?
    Yeah, I agree, ENTP (ILE)... definate thinker even though others have labeled him a feeler.

Quote Originally Posted by JoY
    I'll disagree, Jung thought that neurosis could be typed.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back on topic, my friends tell me that I look like the Grinch when I lip smile.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that my regular smile isn't so noticably a smirk, but when I m just sittting there talking to someone or listening or something, I have this little almost smile that looks like there's something on my mind. I dunno.

With the famous people we've menntioned, I don't think the problem comes from their neurosis as much as it does their fame... we can't truly observe these people, or anyone famous. They belong to the world. They are to a large extent what we make them.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're absolutely right on one level, but on another, there are ways, defined by Jungian-based psychology, to determine a person's type by writing (syntax, common word use, flow, etc.), gestures, behavioral tendencies, etc. It's not 100% accurate every time, because of course not everyone of a type is exactly alike, but it's possible to get a good reading on most people this way. Also, talking to people who knew the person in question personally would help alot, and plenty of that has been done in the cases of those we're discussing.

Under cerulean skies...