TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine:

1. I can't be sympathetic or even fake it
    example: Yesterday I got a phone call that my sister fell off of a bar (gymnastics) and hit her head. When my friend asked who it was I told her my sister is in the hospital with a concussion. She yelled at me for laughing and lectured me about how serious it was. But it really didn't seem like a big deal because she's had one before. And she didn't lose too much memory this time. She can't remember anything from this week like Christmas, but that's a step up from last time when she just kept mumbling about chinese food with a blank stare.

2. I can't get work done unless I wait until the last possible minute for motivation.
    ex: Most assignments are done the morning they are due.

3. I don't have any patience for people that annoy me.
    ex. I'm pretty obvious (Or at least I think I am) to someone I dislike unless I'm working with them

4. I always feel like I know what's best for people and sometimes I'm wrong and don't realize it
    ex. bad advice

5. I argue just to argue
    ex. The people with really stubborn beliefs always annoy me, and even if I agree with them over something I'll start disagreeing and proving how wrong they are (even if they aren't) just because they piss me off

I hate describing my faults so these are the only ones I'm submitting.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree with #1.

agree with #2 to a point. i plan out how much time it will take and the time usually ends the day before.

agree with #3 to a point. if the person isn't getting what seems to be totally obvious.

#4 used to be like me.

#5 not so much.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm cringing reading over what I wrote.

#5 is definitely my worst trait, but I honestly don't do that much anymore.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    I'm cringing reading over what I wrote.

#5 is definitely my worst trait, but I honestly don't do that much anymore.
    why? it's not that bad. fuck it.

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba View Post
    Goodness...I honestly thought that number 1 was the worst. I mean yikes ^^; I honestly felt for your sister when I read what happened to her and I don't even know the girl! lol.
    yeah...your post made me re-read the laughing part and it does seem kinda bad. oh well ILE.... always paying attention to the facts not the feelings.

ILE

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    yeah...your post made me re-read the laughing part and it does seem kinda bad. oh well ILE.... always paying attention to the facts not the feelings.

I giggled when I read that part
    especially the part about mumbling about Chinese Food

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    1. I can't be sympathetic or even fake it
    example: Yesterday I got a phone call that my sister fell off of a bar (gymnastics) and hit her head. When my friend asked who it was I told her my sister is in the hospital with a concussion. She yelled at me for laughing and lectured me about how serious it was. But it really didn't seem like a big deal because she's had one before. And she didn't lose too much memory this time. She can't remember anything from this week like Christmas, but that's a step up from last time when she just kept mumbling about chinese food with a blank stare.

I'm pretty certain I'm not a ENTp, but my response would be along the lines of (I tend to think such things, and I often discuss such lines of reasoning with other people - sometimes, they don't get it, and then they think I really am an asshole.

'She may have banged her head and potentially suffered permanent brain damage, but there are probably millions of people around the world who have banged their heads too - if I feel sympathetic about someone close to me, then I should logically feel sympathetic for every person in the whole world ever who has banged their head, and that is clearly absurd. I hope she is O.K., but what can I do really? Well, if I'm going to do anything, the last thing I should do is laugh...people would think I'm a real asshole. But, she's MY sister - if I don't consider it unethical to laugh at such an inappropriate time, then why should other people care? If I really found the prospect of my sister having concussion funny, then clearly I wouldn't be here - I would be whacking my sister around the head with a crowbar. Though, if I said that, they might counter this and say the only reason I am not doing this is because I don't want to go to prison. Maybe I should make a joke about how they are only my friends out of my own selfish interest? (i.e. because I like them...do they really think I would be friends with people I don't like?). Fuckers...look at their faces of grave concern! I suppose I should pretend to be sad....fuck, clear that thought...it's too funny.'

Though, obviously, if I'm not an Alpha NT, than that isn't much use...I thought it might explain how they might seem to show a lack of sympathy. I know ENTps like to make those kind of jokes and have those kind of arguments - with another INTj, the conversation tends to be more serious. ENTps do seem to ask various permutations of 'why must it be that way?' a lot - I know I certainly do .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well (not speaking for anamericancer or anything) it's not that you don't care, it's that based on the facts - you don't expect anything bad to come out of it. like, you know she's been through it before and been fine so you expect that she would OK this time too. and she would kind of say, well, that my sis, always bumping her head in gymnastics.

but yeah this comes across as not caring.....but i'm quite sure anamericancer loves her sister very much. in a way, it reveals that anamericancer does not want to believe that anything bad would happen, because she'd be devasted if it did. almost like denial or something. and if anything did happen, she'd prolly be the first one at her side, going overboard to help.

so it's not that ILE doesn't care about people, it's more that they are out of touch with the uncaring emotional image their verbal expressions convey to others. some people might go by the image instead of what actions the ILE would really take in the situation.

ILE

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can empathize because i cannot sympathize. (Herein lies another fault: an unnatural obession with parallelism and other linguistic tricks.)

Actually I do care about people. But few know. I was asked quite recently why i chose to remain in the city in Norman, OK after I graduated from school (OU). This caught me enough off-guard to elicit a genuine response: namely, that I care about my friends here.

It came as quite a shock to many of those gathered there, who had grown accustomed to my tendency of answering questions with questions in an attempt to get them to think or argue for fun (yet another one of my ILE weaknesses). I went on, in this surprisingly vulnerable state, to let my friends know that though I can only become close to others with great effort, I still felt that they were among my closest of friends, and I would miss them all very much if I moved away.

What I mean by all this is that I don't think that ILEs don't experience meaningful relationships or feelings, but rather find them difficult and confusing. PoLR does not imply an absence of relational emotions, but a marked vulnerability when using them. In the same way, my younger brother, an IEE, will become visibly agitated when asked to systematically describe the logic behind something.

As far as some of the other faults go, procrastination, disinterest and distractibility are par for the course for ILEs. Becuase of this, any ILE who wants speed can get diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed Adderall (which is just a combination of 4 amphetemine salts).

As far as being easily annoyed by perceived slowness, this can become particulary insidious with very intelligent ILEs (as well as LIIs), but i believe it presents in less intellectually gifted ones as well. The ego block of with grants the individual very strong fluid intelligence relative to others of similar general intelligence with a different ego block. As people tend to spend much of their time with others of similar levels of intelligence, this creates a strong disparity between ILEs or LIIs and others in the time it takes to fully grasp (or "grok," as we say in the IT world) a new concept.

For example, take a few ILE geniuses: Albert Einstein, Sigmund Freud, Ashura Augusta, Adam Smith. (Yes, I realize that not everyone agrees with these typings, but I can defend them, and they illustrate my point too well to ignore.) Each one of these thinkers absorbed a wealth of existing knowledge and later spat out something entirely new. Einstein read everything he could about physics, and even used his time working at a patent office to read about others' inventions, which had largely nothing to do with advanced physics. Sigmund Freud, though perhaps more observationalist than the traditional ILE, essentially pulled psychoanalysis out of his ass. Augusta came up with socionics after becoming dissatisfied with Jung's meager work on personality, bringing in the theory of information metabolism, and synthesizing the two in an unexpected way. Adam Smith, though heavily influenced by David Hume, provided the first systematic description of economics, much of which is still considered groundbreaking today.

Then common element here is that each one of these thinkers developed a highly systematized understanding of their field from many pieces that don't seem to have a meaningful pattern. This manner of thought, which ILEs apply to any dearly-held endeavor, is both a great gift and a horrible curse. It propels our minds beyond what we or anyone ever though possible; it subjugates our hearts to a search for that selfsame fascination among those who will likely not have it.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    well (not speaking for anamericancer or anything) it's not that you don't care, it's that based on the facts - you don't expect anything bad to come out of it. like, you know she's been through it before and been fine so you expect that she would OK this time too. and she would kind of say, well, that my sis, always bumping her head in gymnastics.

but yeah this comes across as not caring.....but i'm quite sure anamericancer loves her sister very much. in a way, it reveals that anamericancer does not want to believe that anything bad would happen, because she'd be devasted if it did. almost like denial or something. and if anything did happen, she'd prolly be the first one at her side, going overboard to help.

so it's not that ILE doesn't care about people, it's more that they are out of touch with the uncaring emotional image their verbal expressions convey to others. some people might go by the image instead of what actions the ILE would really take in the situation.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE's are sooooo crazy, I never realized it.

I want to make them care.

I got it, that will be my mission in life. I will service the ENTp community() and make them care about the human struggle once more.

I feel that this is my calling. See you guys later, I'm going to find a grouping of ENTp's.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together