Thread: Does Duality imply statistically equal number of dual types

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does Duality imply statistically equal number of dual types

that in the population there are the same number of duals? Theoretically, given the duality-theorem, there should be the same number of INTJs and ESFJs, ISTPs and ENFPs, and so on?

If this were found to be true, it would be a huge leap forward for giving socionics some kind of formal scientific credibility.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Does Duality imply...

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    that in the population there are the same number of duals? Theoretically, given the duality-theorem, there should be the same number of INTJs and ESFJs, ISTPs and ENFPs, and so on?

If this were found to be true, it would be a huge leap forward for giving socionics some kind of formal scientific credibility.
    The concept of gender is not less true because there are not an equal proportion of men and women.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does the theory imply that there would be equal types? No one said the world was perfect, there aren't even the same number of men and women in the world.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, ok, it was just a bizzarre idea.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has to be the shortest brainstorm.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So someone mentioned today that he thinks that ENxps are the least likely types to want to be with their duals. If that is true, it kinds sucks for the ISxps!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    So someone mentioned today that he thinks that ENxps are the least likely types to want to be with their duals. If that is true, it kinds sucks for the ISxps!
    ouch.

Actually, Betas are the least likely to want their duals.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Actually, Betas are the least likely to want their duals.
    Hmmm. I find that's true for me. Somehow there's just no real excitement.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, more ISFps for INTjs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metaiwan
    Those isfps are cute. But I wouldnt mind a sly istp type if only they would come out of hiding. I think the reverse is actually more true. ISXPs dont want to be with their duals

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFps are ummmmmmmmmmmm too needy for me, I guess. Like I said in my duality thread, how the fuck should I know about what types are best for eachother in relationships?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Those isfps are cute. But I wouldnt mind a sly istp type if only they would come out of hiding. I think the reverse is actually more true. ISXPs dont want to be with their duals
    It's not that we enjoy being alone. It's just that people who are too forward force us away from them even if we don't want to.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    It's not that we enjoy being alone. It's just that people who are too forward force us away from them even if we don't want to.
    Rocky, do you find IEE to be too forward? If so, what would you suggest to them when approaching SLI? SLI seems very uncomfortable taking initiative in personal matter and so may go overlooked.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky, do you find IEE to be too forward? If so, what would you suggest to them when approaching SLI? SLI seems very uncomfortable taking initiative in personal matter and so may go overlooked.
    No, I don't see IEEs being to forward most of the time... them and the SEE are ussually good with that. It's the Fe type who are "too forward". As for apporaching an SLI, hmm... don't get too emotional or bubbly. Act like you've know the person all your life, and you're not a stranger. If, say, an SLI is sitting there reading a book, it would be okay to ask what the book's about, or maybe bring up something that has personal significance, but don't ask "How do feel" or get outright emotional and intrusive.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    ISFps are ummmmmmmmmmmm too needy for me, I guess.
    LOL! I completely agree. I can totally see how they work with ENTp though, because the ENTp is oblivious to thier worship and takes them for granted it seems.

ISFp's are actually a little scary to me, almost like you could start a whole cult with 'em....or totally crush thier spirit with one misplaced word...
    I think they are a lot tougher than that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell Demon
    LOL! I completely agree. I can totally see how they work with ENTp though, because the ENTp is oblivious to thier worship and takes them for granted it seems.

ISFp's are actually a little scary to me, almost like you could start a whole cult with 'em....or totally crush thier spirit with one misplaced word...
    Definately.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A misplaced word doesn't crush their spirit, but it may well make them explode in rage, throw a tantrum, or turn sullen for a few hours.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell Demon

Exactly, that is why they are so scary. Like being around something that you should feel a certain way towards...except that you don't.

However, I am probably generalizing from a few cases of girls who seemed ISFp. They didn't have enough "bitch" in them for me I guess...I don't like to feel that I am walking on eggshells.
    You want a bitch, eh?