Thread: Quick type test by Ego Block functions

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quick type test by Ego Block functions

Which one fits you the best?
    Tips: Narrow your options down as much as possible. Give EQUAL attention to both parts of each description.

This describes my personal qualities accurately:
    Quickly grasp the essence of an idea, business, undertaking and to see the prospect of their development. Live in the future. Inclined to generating abstract-theoretical ideas. Act logically for the achievement of (often global) ideas.

This describes my personal qualities inaccurately:
    Uncompromising fighter for proper behaviour (by people). Very strong-willed and independent. React rigidly against improper behaviour (by people). These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Business minded. Able to do something quickly, easily and elegantly. Skill to find the right moment to act.

Live by the bright and pleasant sensations of the current moment. Seek every possible pleasure today. Creator and influencer of people’s emotions. Able to very finely influence the mood of a group of people. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Uncompromising fighter for proper behaviour (by people). Very strong-willed and independent. React rigidly against improper behaviour (by people).

Quickly grasp the essence of an idea, business, undertaking and to see the prospect of their development. Live in the future. Inclined to generating abstract-theoretical ideas. Act logically for the achievement of (often global) ideas. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Live by the bright and pleasant sensations of the current moment. Seek every possible pleasure today. Creator and influencer of people’s emotions. Able to very finely influence the mood of a group of people.

Business minded. Able to do something quickly, easily and elegantly. Skill to find the right moment to act. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Good judgment and logicality even in emotional-ethical questions. Guided by reason, not sympathies and antipathy. Find solutions to abstract, theoretical problems.

Seek a position of authority. Seek glory. Take initiative. Openly expressive. Natural possessor of good taste. Give great importance to (material) information about people. Ability with respect to personal relationships and influencing people’s feelings. Do not hide feelings - proud of these feelings. Sociable and talkative. Want people to give their attention to me. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Foreseeing future catastrophes and troubles. Inclined to pessimistic philosophising. Creator of logical-analytical theories. Logically consider possible troubles. Keep in touch with reality.

Possess a bright and very emotional world that gives the ability to create and maintain a high emotional tone within a group of people. Creator of a comfortable-beautiful environment today. Creator of rich, pleasant sensations today. Hospitable and thrifty. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Possess a bright and very emotional world that gives the ability to create and maintain a high emotional tone within a group of people. Creator of a comfortable-beautiful environment today. Creator of rich, pleasant sensations today. Hospitable and thrifty.

Foreseeing future catastrophes and troubles. Inclined to pessimistic philosophising. Creator of logical-analytical theories. Logically consider possible troubles. Keep in touch with reality. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Seek a position of authority. Seek glory. Take initiative. Openly expressive. Natural possessor of good taste. Give great importance to (material) information about people. Ability with respect to personal relationships and influencing people’s feelings. Do not hide feelings - proud of these feelings. Sociable and talkative. Want people to give their attention to me.

Good judgment and logicality even in emotional-ethical questions. Guided by reason, not sympathies and antipathy. Find solutions to abstract, theoretical problems. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Tend to dramatise events, and because of this, successfully stimulate people. Brilliant speaker. Thinking about how today is a result of yesterdays events, and how today will affect tommorrow. Calling people to learn from the dramatic lessons of the past. Inclined to spirituality.

Persistent. Realistic thinking. Independent. Do not seek leadership. Will not compromise personal ease and comfort. Very careful, exact, and economical when taking action to achieve goals. Oriented towards manual labour. Completely rely on own business thinking. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Understand the essence and the prospect of development for something. Perfectly understand the abilities of people and help to develop these abilities using creativity. Taking initiative and being somewhat determined (intellectually). Brilliant "diplomat" in adjusting personal relationships. Able to be pleasant to people and to smooth out conflict situations.

Detailed and careful study of any situation. Create a solid framework of order, which should be rigidly followed. Love orderliness. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Persistent. Realistic thinking. Independent. Do not seek leadership. Will not compromise personal ease and comfort. Very careful, exact, and economical when taking action to achieve goals. Oriented towards manual labour. Completely rely on own business thinking.

Tend to dramatise events, and because of this, successfully stimulate people. Brilliant speaker. Thinking about how today is a result of yesterdays events, and how today will affect tommorrow. Calling people to learn from the dramatic lessons of the past. Inclined to spirituality. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Detailed and careful study of any situation. Create a solid framework of order, which should be rigidly followed. Love orderliness.

Understand the essence and the prospect of development for something. Perfectly understand the abilities of people and help to develop these abilities using creativity. Taking initiative and being somewhat determined (intellectually). Brilliant "diplomat" in adjusting personal relationships. Able to be pleasant to people and to smooth out conflict situations. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Thinking about how today is a result of yesterdays events, and how today will affect tommorrow. Inclined towards nostalgia in relation to the past. Idealistic optimism in relation to the future. Stay aloof and carefully observe the emotions of others. Understand emotion and know how to tactfully and deftly play to the emotions of people that are around.

Concrete-logical mind. Study and consider details of business carefully. The main thing is practicality and expediency. Always accurate, and give a lot of importance to own physical state. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Creator of human relations. Try to reconcile all conflicts and to console offended. Sympathy, empathy, skill to relieve emotional strain. Recognises the abilities and talents of people, promotes their development, and sees their future application.

Achieving goals at any cost! Overcoming difficulties. Persistence, resoluteness in actions and acts. Self-confidence. Solid endurance and composure. Perfectly arrange people in the correct positions/places. Clearly formulate instructions. The main objective is to conquer, not glory. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Achieving goals at any cost! Overcoming difficulties. Persistence, resoluteness in actions and acts. Self-confidence. Solid endurance and composure. Perfectly arrange people in the correct positions/places. Clearly formulate instructions. The main objective is to conquer, not glory.

Creator of human relations. Try to reconcile all conflicts and to console offended. Sympathy, empathy, skill to relieve emotional strain. Recognises the abilities and talents of people, promotes their development, and sees their future application. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

Concrete-logical mind. Study and consider details of business carefully. The main thing is practicality and expediency. Always accurate, and give a lot of importance to own physical state.

Thinking about how today is a result of yesterdays events, and how today will affect tommorrow. Inclined towards nostalgia in relation to the past. Idealistic optimism in relation to the future. Stay aloof and carefully observe the emotions of others. Understand emotion and know how to tactfully and deftly play to the emotions of people that are around. These personal qualities are least like me; make me feel most uncomfortable if I try to adopt them as my own personal qualities; and make me feel most uncomfortable if a person I am dealing with possesses these personal qualities.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWERS

1. ENTp
    2. ENTj
    3. ISFj
    4. ISFp
    5. INTj
    6. INTp
    7. ESFj
    8. ESFp
    9. ENFj
    10. ENFp
    11. ISTp
    12. ISTj
    13. INFp
    14. INFj
    15. ESTp
    16. ESTj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is meant as a test (and there is no reason why it should be anything else), might I suggest that you number the profiles and write out the corresponding types below? Otherwise, the people out there will just waltz through it, find the type they want to be, and convince themselves that it fits.

But, yes, it seems to work quite well. I still go from my conflict, though, and make it out of the word "conquer".
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Duality is highly overrated! :wink:

No, that's not my ideal partner, so it works only partly.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

I got a similar response from Expat in a PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I do think duality is great, and for me the theoretical descriptions of duality work perfectly.

I do question whether most people will recognize their dual as their ideal partner, though, especially if they never experienced duality.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    But I do think duality is great, and for me the theoretical descriptions of duality work perfectly.

I do question whether most people will recognize their dual as their ideal partner, though, especially if they never experienced duality.
    Personally, I have experienced duality and that's why I consider it to be highly overrated. :wink:
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim

Personally, I have experienced duality and that's why I consider it to be highly overrated. :wink:
    Yes, I did get that --

Would you say that it was due to specific circumstances regarding you two as individuals, or rather that it was indeed related to your types?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topaz told me (if I understood correctly) that the stuff below helped him in appreciating his dual. What do you lot think? Would it work?

"I find these qualities desirable in other people":

o Leader, confidence in itself, will, resoluteness, influence on people, to lead, respect, popularity, prestige, authority, riches, dignity, force, victory at any price, purposefulness. (ESFp)

o Merit, self-esteem, obligation, responsibility, keep your word, economy, punctuality, thrift, elegance, esthetical value, accuracy, adherence to principles. (ISFj)

o Enterprise, efficiency, activity, energy, inquisitiveness, motion, competition, productivity, effectiveness, fitness for work, business benefit, practical application, keenness, ardour, success, rationalization, sequence, concreteness. (ENTj)

o Forecast, prediction, foresight, examination, concept, imagination, analysis, healthy conservatism, caution, pragmatism, history, the past, theory, intellect, power of observation, the latitude of knowledge. (INTp)

o Insight, enthusiasm, to be inspired by new undertaking, prospect, new acquaintances, emotional enthusiasm, inspiration, creative impulse. (ENFp)

o Calm, friendly; feelings, rich spiritual internal peace. (INFj)

o Rapid, clear, sober brain, sober calculation, clear understanding, clearness, clarity, order, discipline, enterprise, energy, energetic nature, resoluteness, initiative, straightness, activity, clarity of actions, work, labour. (ESTj)

o Conveniences, comfort, independence, internal rightness and fearlessness, calmness, resourcefulness. (ISTp)

o Activity, cheerfulness, laughter, merriment, celebratory meal, children, family, optimism. (ESFj)

o Pleasure, convenience, comfort, cosiness, enjoyment, pleasant company, beauty, good mood, cleanliness, pleasant smells, tasty food, a good health, aesthetics, beautiful things, the beauty of nature. (ISFp)

o Theory, idea, inspiration, improvisation, creative impulse, abstraction, scientific hypothesis, illumination, grand project, prospect, interesting undertakings, future, new trends, innovation. (ENTp)

o Analytical mind, structural thinking; the skill to separate the main thing from the secondary, a constant tendency to think, to analyze. (INTj)

o Emotions, feeling, passion, love, compassion, human soul, the sharpness of sensations, the incandescence of passions, emotional nuances. (ENFj)

o Sensitivity, sentimentality, sincerity, faith in fate, humbleness, spiritual peace, unity with nature, faith in a bright future. (INFp)

o Will, resoluteness, purposefulness, action, victory, leadership, authority, energetic nature, initiative, persistence, fearlessness. (ESTp)

o Common sense, accuracy, order, responsibility, obligation, reliability, stability, steadiness, clearness, order, proportion, consistency, system, structure, analysis. (ISTj)

Creepy-

Default Re: Is this better or worse?

5. Died-in-the-wool INTJ

Overflowing with NT goodness

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got ENTp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

updated

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I got ISFp through both descriptions. :]

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I got INTj with ENTp and INFj as close contenders.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP