Thread: Ethical/Logical types and mental illness

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ethical/Logical types and mental illness

Is it more easy for the Ethical types to come out from the mental ilness than for the Logical types? I mean it cause recovery means changing your emotional attitudes for your self, others, your past etc. Anf this seems to be easier task for the Ethical types. And beacause the Logical types have Ethics as weak functions, it might be not so wise to ask them to do this as succesfully as the Ethical types do and also they might need their dual , who in this case is Ethical, for help more than Ethical types. And I think that it is very important to have dual near by you for recovering, but Logical types might need it more. And my idea is supported statistically. Because 60% of the Ethical types are women and 60% of the Logical types are men, statistically women come out from the mental ilnesses more easily than we do.

Your opinnions. Lõtov's opinnion is also welcomed.
    Semiotical process

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Women are proner to mental illnesses related to depressive states due to their lower levels of serotonin in the brain. This is a proven fact.

I object to your statement "women come out more easily from depression" - is this statement connected to an absolute numerical value or to a percentage?Because in the former case, it's an obvious consequence of the higher number of women falling into depression.

Back on topic; Feelers are moodier - from my experience, their life is more likely to be a rollercoaster. This is valid especially for the types. Thinkers have more stable mood, but less likely to experience strong highs, obviously. A further distinction is between Judging and Perceivers, with perceivers being more likely to let the environment manipulate their feelings, whereas Js more likely to actively pursue a change in their mood.

These are only speculations, not backed up by any research.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry, but I have no facts to convince. But I do know that different types have different diseases to fall into more likely. I don't remember any facts, but I have read some where that it is so and even Jung himself mentioned that.

And where did you take the depression example. I didn't mention anithing about it and I had in my mind actually the disease called the schizophrenia and I do remember the fact that women could come out more easily from it.
    Sorry, but is weak in me, so I can't make you INFps happy with the statistics, whics you seem to like so much.

And this changeing your thinking changes your feelings is exactly what I meant by saing that Ethicals can make it easier. Ask any Logical type in here the same thing and I am sure that they would say that this is hard for them.
    Semiotical process

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by male21
    And where did you take the depression example. I didn't mention anithing about it and I had in my mind actually the disease called the schizophrenia
    Ahn, okay, my bad.

In regard to different types having different diseases, here it is

www.socionics.org/type/type_pato.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Women are proner to mental illnesses related to depressive states due to their lower levels of serotonin in the brain. This is a proven fact.

That not lower levels of seretonin, that's less uptake. Is this a general image or two specific people?

Creepy-Kioshi

I identify with the INFP type. My critical issues involve integrity. My personal integrity must come first. I cannot function normally without it. Due to another constraint, my normal functioning falls far outside the norms of my society. I cannot identify with some norms. I cannot conform. I cannot comply. My personal integrity always comes first. Social integration has always been a problem.

I was diagnosed with a social anxiety disorder because I expressed uncertainties regarding certain social behaviors to a family doctor. I was put on anti-anxiety medication. This medication was not a cure for some chemical imbalance. Its purpose was to desensitize me to disturbances in my environment, inhibiting my base function. It helped.

Then there was a crisis. If there was ever a time I needed my senses it was then. But I did not have them. I could not resolve the problem. This was not acceptable. My mind got caught in a loop, looking for a solution; no solution; unacceptable; struggling to control the intense emotional reaction; looking for a solution; no solution; unacceptable…

It took 6 weeks for them to get me off the chemicals and stabilized. But I was almost catatonic. I was not responding to my environment. I was showing no signs of recovery. I walked the misted halls, feeling isolated, struggling to make sense of the senseless. I could feel them there. I could hear them talking. But they saw only what they wanted to see. They did not understand the issues. Their advice was impractical. Then one day a visiting doctor passed me in the hall. She stopped briefly and spoke these words to me: "Do what you have to do to survive." So I turned my attention to a new problem, learning to manage.

My thoughts are uncritical. My feelings are self-critical. So I was diagnosed with a bipolar mood disorder. The diagnosis has nothing to do with chemical imbalances. The diagnosis holds because I have difficulty integrating into society.

I will probably never find my place in society. My applications for rehabilitation services get turned down because I am "too intrinsically motivated" or have a "low tolerance for boredom". If it's worth doing, do it well. If it's not, why bother. There's too much to see and do to waste time doing nothing. This is the nature of my mental illness. I live a life among the living dead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could have written what you just did, K, when I went through a mental breakdown over years of physical and mental abuse. I am not okay. I live through an alter ego . . . if I am using the correct term . . . and don't really know who I really am. I cannot function in the real world as me as I feel I would literally disappear or disinegrate completely if I had to.

I am working on getting in touch with who I really am, but it makes me too vernerable and scared of attack . . . from what?

I understand where you are coming from. Most of the time I am okay functioning this way, but I get scared at times that I will never know the real me or I will cease to be. That is my struggle right now, I WANT TO BE ME! I finally got off Lexapro and at times my excited emotions overwhelm me to the point I cannot control them and feel like a blubbering idiot. I cannot work outside the home because of it. I shun the public and get irritated if I do have to go out, even like grocery shopping. I always feel like I am a under attack.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.