Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Work in progress: Famous people Type List (Asian Edition)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Work in progress: Famous people Type List (Asian Edition)

Comments are welcomed.

Under construction

Alpha

ENTp

Wong Lee-Hom, singer-songwriter

CNN interview- strong Ne, values Fe and Si
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxg76BPOMdM[/youtube]

ISFp

Zhou Xun, actress

Rainie Young, actress-singer

INTj

Tony Leung, actor

Interview - talks about how he can cope comfortably with his director's Ne style and how his co-star Takuya Kimura (ESTp) became frustrated with it.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wABqTJrxCUk[/youtube]

Quotes
    I prefer drama. Action is too much for me at this age - you need to be very well prepared. But even for a drama like this, I feel very exhausted. I dare not think about action films with Wong Kar-wai, but we are supposed to do one next year.
    on whether he prefers drama or action movies

I think I was influenced by a lot of American actors. I'm a great fan of Martin Scorsese and I saw a lot of Gene Hackman, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, and Jack Nicholson. I watch a lot of them; I might be influenced by them in some ways, but when I was acting I did not intend to imitate them."
    on his influences

Acting has always been a way for me to express the emotions I had buried. If I hadn't acted, I would have gone insane. In my acting class, I could let out my real tears and everyone thought it was the character. But no, it was me.
    on why began acting

Maybe it's because I came from a broken home. I wasn't so happy in my childhood. My parents broke up when I was six. Before, I was a very active, naughty child, but after my father left me I stopped talking. I became very good at hiding my emotions. I felt so ashamed of telling others that I didn't have a father, because that was not common in the 1960s. People didn't break up - even if they didn't love each other - in traditional Chinese families. Not like today.
    on the origins of his hallmark mournfulness in acting personality

Once I'm committed to a role, I will go very deep into it, even when I'm not at work. I'll keep on studying the script, maybe 40 or 50 times. I might call a scriptwriter at three in the morning to say I've thought of something new.
    about his work ethic

I like not knowing from one day to the next. It keeps me from thinking and allows me to just be in my character. Too much information restricts your creativity.
    Kar-wai's unique motivational tactic
    Stephen Chow, actor-director-producer, best known for Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under construction

Beta

ESTp

Takuya Kimura, actor-singer

INFp

Wu Zun, actor-singer

Takeshi Kaneshiro, actor

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under construction

Gamma

ISFj

Shahrukh Khan, Bollywood star

CNN Interview
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TLts3WYlw0[/youtube]

Quotes
    Doing good is the only religion.
    Don't be negative. It shows on your face.
    I am like a Rolls Royce which can run without an engine, just on reputation.
    I am not confident unless I am playing someone else.
    I am very shy. If I am flying British Airways and the airhostess asks me two questions, and I don't understand her accent - I will go hungry for the entire flight.
    I don't sit around complaining about the lack of good roles. I will play Raj 85 times and still make him different.
    I think if you take sexuality very seriously it becomes very oily.
    If you get bored with the person you married for love, there's something wrong with you - not with that person.
    Often I don't say hello to people for fear that they may not remember me.
    You never win the silver. You only lose the gold.
    ESFp

Edison Chen, entrepreneur-singer

Interview - values Fi and Se
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apc9WVIr-mg[/youtube]

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under construction

Delta

INFj

Hou Pei-chen, host-newscaster

Interviewing Sarah Brightman
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NwcSwJHdQ4[/youtube]

Ang Lee, director

Quotes
    It's the first movie I feel really proud of. But I know it's not a movie for everyone. Some people will embrace it, but some people will hate it, and I'm not really sure how to deal with that. In the past I've made movies that were pretty universally liked. You can't really hate them. You can discard them, but you can't really hate them.
    On The Ice Storm (1997) Salon (17 October 1997)

Gradually I got tuned into the world — that happens on every movie. I did a women's movie, and I'm not a woman. I did a gay movie, and I'm not gay. I learned as I went along.
    On developing a sensitivity for authentic details in the making of movies, Salon (17 October 1997)

The stern dad stuff doesn't work anymore. You have to be level with the kids, you have to be a nice guy... The authority thing just doesn't work anymore. It's like directing a Chinese film vs. directing an American film. On a Chinese film you just give orders, no one questions you. Here, you have to convince people, you have to tell them why you want to do it a certain way, and they argue with you. Democracy.
    On parenting, Salon (17 October 1997)

Mainstream films have occupied Hollywood but you can get bored very easily. It can be very repetitive and I think now we want something fresh and something inspiring and different, daring. The mainstream film is very expensive to make and it scares people. It's made for the worldwide audience, you have to please so many people, and the business men start running the movies rather than artists. This is back to the oldest way of Hollywood filmmaking, creating a fantasy, but it has been lost. It seems to take a foreign language film to recoup that ultimate movie viewing experience.
    On Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, quoted at IMDb Movie/TV News (12 March 2001)
    Tang Wei, actress

Interview with Lee Ang and Tang Wei - Delta atmosphere (LOL. Hope it didn't bore you) and Lee called Tang the "female version of me"
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irSY5l3BecU[/youtube]

ISTp

Jay Chou, singer-composer-actor-director-producer

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.. What about Louis Koo?

ISFp??
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike He

ESFp? ESTp?
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait. Why isn't this in what's my type?
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They all look the same.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    They all look the same.
    -_____________________________________-

Nvm. I understand where you're coming from.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type my favourite Asian, Takeshi Kitano.

Another one worth typing, from Kitano's film Zatoichi; Tadanobu Asano.

Also, while we're on the topic of Asians, is it just me who thinks that generally, Japanese women are better looking than Chinese women?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice

ISTp

Jay Chou, singer-composer-actor-director-producer
    This guy is really cute
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(maybe this should be in what's my type to get more adequate publicity....)
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Type my favourite Asian, Takeshi Kitano.

ahaha i knew i had seen somewhere before. went and checked wiki and he was that awesome coach guy in battle royale.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea

[ .jpg[/img]
    ISFp??

Hey, my old account is having problems, please PM me to my reborn account about the website. I need to make available a personality test online.
    fiona

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another one worth typing, from Kitano's film Zatoichi; Tadanobu Asano.

He is so cute in Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl . . . I have always imagined him as my dual, but this may be projection.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    They all look the same.
    But they all have completely different facial structures, so therefore you're wrong.
    Well yeah, that was just my opinion. They still all look the same to me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody have a clue on Takeshi Kitano? I've been giving it some thought but he's kinda a conundrum, wrapped up in an enigma, inside a mysterious fortune cookie. Seems like he's got some kind of Fi going, maybe super-id (my exposure is pretty much MXC and Kikujiro, though I did see a snippet of that Dolls movie). He's got a decent amount of Se, given the roles he likes to play (usually gangsters/roles with violence). That's about all I was able to come up with.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2
    Anybody have a clue on Takeshi Kitano? I've been giving it some thought but he's kinda a conundrum, wrapped up in an enigma, inside a mysterious fortune cookie. Seems like he's got some kind of Fi going, maybe super-id (my exposure is pretty much MXC and Kikujiro, though I did see a snippet of that Dolls movie). He's got a decent amount of Se, given the roles he likes to play (usually gangsters/roles with violence). That's about all I was able to come up with.
    Umm.. ISxx?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Takeshi is ESTp I think.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Alpha Ne ego type?

Banana Yoshimoto - maybe INFj

Osamu Dazai - ENFj?

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B
    He is so cute in Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl . . . I have always imagined him as my dual, but this may be projection.
    If I were to guess his type, I'd say IEI was not unlikely. I don't see him as an ST, or even an SF. I see IJ or IP.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp??
    Most likely. Introvert>Extravert.

Mike He

ESFp? ESTp?
    He seems more Fe-seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B
    If I were to guess his type, I'd say IEI was not unlikely. I don't see him as an ST, or even an SF. I see IJ or IP.
    I watched only one movie of his, but he always struck me as a Beta NF.

Takeshi Kitano is most likely an ISTj, with ISFj as a close possibility. His type of humor seems more Beta/Gamma oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    In the 1970s he formed a comic duo with his friend Kiyoshi Kaneko. They took on the stage names Beat Takeshi and Beat Kiyoshi; together referring to themselves as Two Beat (sometimes romanized as The Two Beats). This sort of duo stand-up comedy, known as manzai in Japan, usually features a great deal of high-speed back-and-forth banter between the two performers. In 1976, they performed on television for the first time and became an instant success, propelling their act onto the national stage. The reason for their popularity had much to do with Kitano's material, which was much more risqué than traditional manzai. The targets of his jokes were often the socially vulnerable, including the elderly, the handicapped, the poor, children, women, the ugly and the stupid. Complaints to the broadcaster led to censorship of some of Kitano's jokes and the editing of offensive dialogue. Kitano confirmed in a video interview that he was forbidden to access the NHK studios for five years for having exposed his body during a show when it was totally forbidden.[1] Although Two Beat was one of the most successful acts of its kind during the late '70s and '80s, Kitano decided to go solo and the duo was dissolved. Some autobiographical elements relating to his manzai career can be found in his film Kids Return (1996).

Many of Kitano's routines involved him portraying a gangster or other harsh character, and his first major film role, Nagisa Oshima's Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence (where he starred opposite Tom Conti, Ryuichi Sakamoto and David Bowie) featured him cast as a sadistic POW camp sergeant during World War II.
    Supporting the ISTj hypothesis
    Kitano owns his own film company, Office Kitano, which launched Tokyo Filmex in 2000. Kitano's films are typically dramas about Yakuza gangsters or the police referred to by critics as being highly deadpan to the point of near-stasis. He often uses long takes where nothing appears to be happening, or with edits that cut immediately to the aftermath of an event. Many of his films express a bleak or nihilistic philosophy, but they are also filled with a great deal of humor and remarkable affection for their characters. Kitano's films paradoxically seem to leave controversial impressions. While formally disguised as dark comedies or gangster movies, his films raise moral questions and provide food for thought.

During interviews, Kitano is careful to hide his enigmatic personality behind the mask of being a comedian and regular guy. He hosts a weekly television program called Beat Takeshi's TV Tackle (ビートたけしのTVタックル), a kind of panel discussion among entertainers and politicians regarding controversial current events. But Kitano's primary role is to provide comic relief and he rarely shares his true feelings regarding controversial social issues. Although he interviewed Shoko Asahara, founder of the controversial Japanese religious movement Aum Shinrikyo, on at least two occasions,[citation needed] his attitude towards religion is unknown.[citation needed]

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, by the way, I have added some new people and videos in my first post of this thread. The videos are very informative imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice thread, eunice

*swoons over Kimura*

Takeshi Kaneshiro could be Fe-INFp.
    Tony Leung could be Ti-ENTp (strong resemblance to Steve)

Takeda Shinji, ESTp. Likely Ti subtype:

Here he is in a drama:
    [flash width=400 height=300:2b07afc658]http://www.tudou.com/v/zkp6ScXHszQ[/flash:2b07afc658]

Jolin Tsai could also be ESTp.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Nice thread, eunice
    Thanks!

Jolin Tsai could also be ESTp.
    I have actually considered Si-ISFp.

An interview with her and Jay Chou (ISTp) (not in English)
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADOCbIUdSL4[/youtube]

As for the possibility of Tony Leung been a Ti-ENTp, I will look into that. I always feel that there is a strong similarity between him and Stephen Chow.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool.

I'm looking into that, glamourama. At the meantime, if you have any type opinion of anyone, feel free to share.
    Last edited by glam; 04-06-2011 at 10:34 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)

i like watching korean dramas, im currently watching "Country princess" here --> http://www.crunchyroll.com/showseries?id=1866 Its kinda old though

how about

jang dong gun

jeon ji hyun?

I've also made a thread before about kang dong won here --> http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14424
    they said that his VI is entj?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks ESTp IMO.
    Last edited by glam; 04-06-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa, I'm surprised how different they all look. I always tend to assume that asian people mostly look the same. I actually VIed Takeshi Kitano as ISTj before eunice alse mentioned ISTj/ISFj. And lee hyolee looked ESFp to me, but I might as well be ESTp because I hadn't even heard of her before I saw the pictures.

Song Hye Kyo looks xNFp. More INFp.

Kamenashi Kazuya looks ISTp.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks ESTp IMO.
    I happily concur
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks ESTp IMO.
    Looks hot IMO.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the top left picture annoys me. It's like she wants to be a westerner. Eastern people should remain in kimonos and with those big golden ring things round their necks. That's where they belong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that name. What does he do?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Takeshi Kitano is most likely an ISTj, with ISFj as a close possibility. His type of humor seems more Beta/Gamma oriented.

In the 1970s he formed a comic duo with his friend Kiyoshi Kaneko. They took on the stage names Beat Takeshi and Beat Kiyoshi; together referring to themselves as Two Beat (sometimes romanized as The Two Beats). This sort of duo stand-up comedy, known as manzai in Japan, usually features a great deal of high-speed back-and-forth banter between the two performers. In 1976, they performed on television for the first time and became an instant success, propelling their act onto the national stage. The reason for their popularity had much to do with Kitano's material, which was much more risqué than traditional manzai. The targets of his jokes were often the socially vulnerable, including the elderly, the handicapped, the poor, children, women, the ugly and the stupid. Complaints to the broadcaster led to censorship of some of Kitano's jokes and the editing of offensive dialogue. Kitano confirmed in a video interview that he was forbidden to access the NHK studios for five years for having exposed his body during a show when it was totally forbidden.[1] Although Two Beat was one of the most successful acts of its kind during the late '70s and '80s, Kitano decided to go solo and the duo was dissolved. Some autobiographical elements relating to his manzai career can be found in his film Kids Return (1996).

Many of Kitano's routines involved him portraying a gangster or other harsh character, and his first major film role, Nagisa Oshima's Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence (where he starred opposite Tom Conti, Ryuichi Sakamoto and David Bowie) featured him cast as a sadistic POW camp sergeant during World War II.
    Supporting the ISTj hypothesis
    Kitano owns his own film company, Office Kitano, which launched Tokyo Filmex in 2000. Kitano's films are typically dramas about Yakuza gangsters or the police referred to by critics as being highly deadpan to the point of near-stasis. He often uses long takes where nothing appears to be happening, or with edits that cut immediately to the aftermath of an event. Many of his films express a bleak or nihilistic philosophy, but they are also filled with a great deal of humor and remarkable affection for their characters. Kitano's films paradoxically seem to leave controversial impressions. While formally disguised as dark comedies or gangster movies, his films raise moral questions and provide food for thought.

During interviews, Kitano is careful to hide his enigmatic personality behind the mask of being a comedian and regular guy. He hosts a weekly television program called Beat Takeshi's TV Tackle (ビートたけしのTVタックル), a kind of panel discussion among entertainers and politicians regarding controversial current events. But Kitano's primary role is to provide comic relief and he rarely shares his true feelings regarding controversial social issues. Although he interviewed Shoko Asahara, founder of the controversial Japanese religious movement Aum Shinrikyo, on at least two occasions,[citation needed] his attitude towards religion is unknown.[citation needed]
    I like your style, eunice. I agree with you as well. Of course, LSI makes perfect sense. I love his style of humour.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the top left picture annoys me. It's like she wants to be a westerner. Eastern people should remain in kimonos and with those big golden ring things round their necks. That's where they belong.
    Like WTF? lol
    Tell that to your western ancestors that brought their culture over.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that name. What does he do?
    He's a musician/composer. He's been known to release albums with entirely different themes or influences, as well as working with an eccletic set of other artists in his work. You might also recognize the name from his producing musical scores on movies and such. Mr. Sakamoto's released like over 1000 songs or so.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama
    lee hyolee / 이효리 (singer & actress)
    Looks ESTp IMO.
    Yes. Most likely Se-ESTp.

Song Hye Gyo: Fe-ISFp

Lee Byung Hun: Te-ESTj

Lee Byung Hun in Takeshi Kitano's variety show (not in English) - demonstrating weak Fe and awkwardness in a Beta interaction
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmKJj3Mpk1o[/youtube]

As for the other artises, I'm not very familiar with them at the moment.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rain, Korean singer and actor: ENFp

CNN interview - demonstrated Delta values
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwHvs86gFLA[/youtube]

Lee Young Ae, Korean actress: INFj

Interview: Fi and Si atmosphere
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd1jVwvciVU[/youtube]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like WTF? lol
    Tell that to your western ancestors that brought their culture over.
    Chill, I'm kidding. Except for the westerner bit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I was noticing they all have very special shaped eyes for Japanese people. And then I realized they're Korean. But a different person of the same nationality and the same type are all exactly the same! Like Lee Young Ae - I could have sworn her pictures already were posted!
    Last edited by glam; 04-06-2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast