Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my biggest fear is to make a HUGE and, i mean, HUGE FUCKING MESS (i don't know, drop a baby for casuality and die in the act (while im holding it), make a mess an important computer while im use it for no reason, and stuff like that).
    That's why i don't like the hold a baby or use the computer of another person, for not fuck it.
    The other 'fear' (i don't know how to call it) is to be in a roof of a great building and look down. I mean, i fear of fall down, but sometimes my daydreaming are very like peter's... something like "I can fly!!", but then it is, no... it's a bad idea, just leave it in my mind.

TIM
    ILE 8w7
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think to some degree, I have a fear of being a "loser." That is the only fear I believe I have, and even then I really do not think it is that much of a fear.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    I have no fears, not even death :wink:

Okay, so in socionics, what is that supposed to mean?
    They're probably hidden to you, like with me. You're not conscious of them.
    Probably just like with my ESTp dad, the fear that other people will think you are afraid. He'll do the dumbest things just to show that he's not afraid.
    You know of the Enneagram? That is textbook cp6. However, I still can't differentiate between this and the fear that the 8 has of not looking or being strong.
    My dad would be 8 on Enneagram. I too have diffucult time telling those two fears apart in a person, not as theoretical concepts though. Both would somewhat apply to my dad.

I think not being strong would affect more of his self-worth rather than cause fear. For example if he's not at full strenght and he would need it, he's always finds it important to say that he has hurt his arms at work or something like that, so that people would know that the loss of strenght is only temporary condition. Also he likes to talk about physical strenght and evaluate how strong other people are. And if there's someone that's stronger than him, then he finds something else to critize about their physique, like for example that weightlifters have "bottleneck shoulders"

When people don't do something he usually assumes that they don't that because they are afraid, only if that doesn't apply he assumes some other motive. That probably means that when he doesn't want to do something, it's mostly because of fear. And as he doesn't want to show that he's afraid, so he has to do stuff rather than show fear. He wouldn't even try find some other excuse to avoid doing something, as he thinks people would still know that's he's afraid. He probably never would admit being afraid of anything.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my biggest fears.. not so much fears in that I worry it will happen, but in my mind the most horrible things that could happen..

- Dying alone (i.e. reaching the end of your life and not being with anyone)
    - Being enslaved (either in the sense of being subject to another's control (as opposed to willful submission) or being brainwashed or manipulated in some way)
    - Being generally disliked, or otherwise seen as a bad or dishonourable person
    - Experiencing pain, physical or psychological, especially with regards to things like illness
    - Being generally unhappy

I didn't deliberately do it for that reason, but I suppose the first four could be related to , , and respectively. The lattermost one is probably just a universal fear, fundamentally speaking. After all, when you look past all our surface motivations, are we not just (usually indirectly) trying to achieve a state of happiness? It's the whole concept of happiness and sadness that motivates our basic survival desires afterall. Or at least that's how I see it anyway.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Also he likes to talk about physical strenght and evaluate how strong other people are. And if there's someone that's stronger than him, then he finds something else to critize about their physique, like for example that weightlifters have "bottleneck shoulders"
    HAHA, yeah, I sympathise with this.

Yeah, your dad sounds more like an 8 actually. The focus on strength, and the self-worth thing most prominently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12