Thread: Socionics types and personality disorders

Creepy-

Default Socionics types and personality disorders

I saw some websites are explaining INTx s with personality disorders like SPD and Asperger's syndrome. I would like to know the view of others regarding this. I believe these behaviours are not a disorder but a natural personality trait. However these typese seriously have emotional coldness and lack social skills

www.thedoctorslounge.net/psychiatry/ diseases/schizoid_personality.htm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger's_syndrome

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that INTxs may put less of an importance on their emotions, but they are still there. People with AS do, too. There are personality disorders wear people are VERY detatched from their emotions, though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I think that INTxs may put less of an importance on their emotions, but they are still there. People with AS do, too. There are personality disorders wear people are VERY detatched from their emotions, though.
    Really? You think that? I'm so hurt. I'm just really hurt. I'm going to go cut myself and cry.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Really? You think that? I'm so hurt. I'm just really hurt. I'm going to go cut myself and cry.
    sure...

have fun with that
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you know that she has a hidden agenda of Fi? Stop misunderstanding the poor girl!
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Don't you know that she has a hidden agenda of Fi? Stop misunderstanding the poor girl!
    Yeah, really.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sycophant knows that I love her.
    SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe because you are NT yourself?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTJs and INTPs are definitely not emotionally deficient. They simply choose to go with logic over emotion when making decisions. They are aware of their emotions, and they experience them, but until their midlife crisis at least, they don't feel them.

j/p co-dominant INTs, however, do fit the profile of an Aspergers autistic. Their genius simply dwarfs their emotional qualities in most cases. It's not that they don't experience emotion; it's just irrelevant to them.

EDIT Dec 2007:
    By "co-dominant" INT, I meant the dual-type ENTp-INTj, which I assert is the dual-type pairing for Albert Einstein. ENTps, obviously, consider their emotions irrelevant by virtue of vulnerable Fi.

Creepy-

I have high functioning Autism... I sometimes ponder on whether I truly experience emotions, and have reached the conclusion that while I do experience them they are very minute when compared to how normal people experience them. I also can not tell the difference between the any of my emotions.

Creepy-

not that they don't exist, just the way that these things are dealt with irritate me. i get strangely irritated with asperger's/autism rights groups because the emphasis is either:

a) healing completely and changing the autistic person completely
    b) being stubborn as fuck and defiantly getting pissed at any suggestion of change.

both just seem kind of unreasonable.
    I have a mild case of autism... but I have trained myself and learned the social norms and how to properly have a conversation with someone (like looking people in the eyes when conversing with them). I do not think that is right to attempt to justify someone's negative behaviour as just his or her personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by implied

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Maybe because you are NT yourself?
    if i am NT, i don't feel very NT at all. given how rare the nt temperament is supposed to be (at least by some old mb statistics i read somewhere) i almost feel like it's damned near impossible for me to be one.

oh and i hate math.
    I hate math too. That being said I think you are NF.