Thread: groan what type am I- new opinions

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default *groan* what type am I- new opinions

I have been bugging some of you with my type, but I have recently learned that I am affecting some of you as a different type than I had not recently put much thought to-- the INTp.

Mystic Sonic and Sycophant have said I strike them as an INTp.

When some people first meet me I can seem like an ENTp or an INTp because I tend to be very quiet, or to make whimsical or sarcastic comments, most of the time confusing other people unless they are also strongly N. The quietness seems INTp, the playful or joking nature of my comments seem ENTp. Apparently they are always cryptic though, which indicates introversion (relating outer world to self for a seemingly subjective output, or else just making all logical steps internally before the big reveal externally). My longish posts are the result of the neurosis that developed from people telling me my words are cryptic and of me wanting to best present my statement.

Personally I relate most to INTj. The only things that don't match perfectly about this type as it is written, are that I am not sure if my health is a big issue to me in the way that I think is meant in these descriptions, and also because I am not outwardly J.

Reasons for considering INTp: outwardly I seem to match those descriptions given for female INTps, I dislike large displays of emotion that are "unfounded" (im confused as to whether this is Fe), I believe i am drawn to risk, though this might be Ne's willingness to play with the outside world, I am appreciative of aesthetics, I am seeking love (which may not be related to type ).

Im sorry but i guess i cannot grasp the difference between Ni and Ne and Fi and Fe etc well enough to distinguish my type for myself. I've posted elsewhere that if I were clear on the difference between the INTp's need for wholeness of concept and INTj's need for logical consistency, I could be way more sure of my type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a look at this to work out your type:

http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1684

Creepy-

YOu wrote:

Personally I relate most to INTj. The only things that don't match perfectly about this type as it is written, are that I am not sure if my health is a big issue to me in the way that I think is meant in these descriptions, and also because I am not outwardly J.

My husband is INTJ, he doesn't bothered about his health: smoking, drinking beer. He hasn't got enough power to put into work what he would like regarding his health. I am the one who does not forget to give him medications. His spiritual goal is 5 ( Freedom and Discipline) that means he has to work on his will poer and make the effort if he wants to achieve something but his priority number one is his work - working of the brains.

He is very sensitive and if I do not pay enough attention he is like a flower without water. Is it an INTJ qualities or the qualities of astrological sign (Leo) - difficult to say. Somehow it is all mixed up.

Socionics say about - intuition of time. Ability to do the right forecast for the future, to see the dinamic of the development in time, strategy and planning, the six sense. is ability to see potential aiblities of people's and objects, not what wil happen to them in time but rather what they can or can not do now.

What socionics say about the appearance of INTP: have got a bit unhappy look. The body shape is often big. Those who have a strong logic, may look untidy and do not care too much about thier appearance. Tose INTPs who have strong intuition try to be tidy and look elelgant. Can be aggressive if their interests are attacked. Generally they are polite and well mannered.

The INTJ usually have usally thin body and thin face. Dressed officially in public without any accessories. The manners are soft but distsant and closed. When he goes mad the people are surprised because he does not look usually sad or unhappy, on the opposite well mannered and semm to be well controlled.

It would be good if those who are INTP or INTJ would help us with understanding how their functions work and what is the difference between the two.

Olga

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter told me a story about her boyfirend. I don't know if this can relate to all rational types but I would think so. They were in the shop. The boyfriend wanted to buy something for 6 pounds but he was told he has to buy for 8 pounds if he wanted to pay by card. It threw him completely out of the place. He was wondering for half an hour in the shop thinking what to buy. It does happen to me sometimes...
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Creepy-ms k

hehe yes...

do you tell the story because i require that everything match for me to confirm my type?

I am not thin!

Creepy-msk

Olga, would you VI me?

PM me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olga
    It would be good if those who are INTP or INTJ would help us with understanding how their functions work and what is the difference between the two.
    The main difference is that INTps usually talk a lot, hehe, while INTjs are the quiet observers and only make concise statements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you seemed intj to me last night
    lol

Creepy-

Glad you asked. INTj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Creepy-

What socionics say about the appearance of INTP: have got a bit unhappy look. The body shape is often big.
    I have a thin body.
    The main difference is that INTps usually talk a lot, hehe, while INTjs are the quiet observers and only make concise statements
    And I do not talk a lot.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just relaised recently that for INTJ the moral satisfaction is much more important than beneficial one. INTP's are more practical as regards to benefit for them like money and comfort. INTJ might not need that much but will be very happy to know that he is the best that he is an expert in his field and famous. The last artcile of Ganin supports this view. For INTJ the last function is and for INTP is . That shows what is most important and for whom.

Poor INTJs so much analysing about them....

Creepy-ms k

Quote Originally Posted by Olga
    I just relaised recently that for INTJ the moral satisfaction is much more important than beneficial one. INTP's are more practical as regards to benefit for them like money and comfort. INTJ might not need that much but will be very happy to know that he is the best that he is an expert in his field and famous. The last artcile of Ganin supports this view. For INTJ the last function is and for INTP is . That shows what is most important and for whom.

Poor INTJs so much analysing about them....
    i would say the moral congruence is definitely the stronger. I am very impractical when it comes to this. This is why I would be more confused about T/F, making me in Ganin's article an INTp. But i think here we would agree this makes me INTj.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just would like to elaborate on the Ganin's article a bit more.

The rational types suppose to feel much stronger as a feelers or thinkers.

- to have powerful emotions and to influence people.
    - to have knowledge and understanding about relationships
    - Hunger for theoretical/abstract knowledge,
    - the desire to experiment in material world of logics

So, if people feel pretty strong/dominant in this functions or feel a huge drive for these functions - they suppose to be rationals.

Irrationals are mysterical for me to a certain degree as I am a rational type. But for me that would not be difficult to decide that there is no war between senses and intuition because i am not intuitive - I know it for sure -so I know that I am sensorical. Intuition is for me like a dark hole - so it is my weakest function and hidden agenda according to Ganin.

His artical does make sense. So if the person does not know where to start, we can ask about these two opposions:

How confident you feel to be a feeler or a thinker? Hwo confident you are to be a intuitive or sensorical? May be it is worth for feelers and thinkers and other types to create the most suitable questions for what it means to be a thinker or a feeler? Not too create too much confusion on this differences. To give a good definitions of this different functions.

If the person says i am definetly a thinker and feelings is my dark hole - that is already a clue for his weakest function. But when asked about intuitiona and senses - he will get puzzled, then he might be irrational type. So you look then for irrational types who have got feeling as a weak function.

Something like that... There are always new people join the site, lot of experince/insights can be gained.

So, are you sure Ms. K, what type are you now? Does Ganin article makes sense for you? Does it make sense what I wrote?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Sorry, but I think that article should not be taken too seriously. It over simplifies things WAY too much, and isn't consistant. For example, it is harder for me to distinguish between sensing/intution, and the same thing happend to Cone... and I believe Sychophant had similar problems. Taz is another one who was split between sensing/intuition, but she's a perciever. But if you ask Pedro, I think he's said somethings in the past about believing more in his morals/feeling function. Mysticsonic was the same way, he never thought he was a sensor. I'd be willing to say that the article should claim the exact opposite of what Ganin is.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was my reply:

To Rocky:

I think we have got a misunderstanding here. You said:

"For example, it is harder for me to distinguish between sensing/intution, and the same thing happend to Cone... and I believe Sychophant had similar problems. Taz is another one who was split between sensing/intuition, but she's a perciever".

The Ganin's article suggests exactly this: that perceivers/irrational types in socionincs will have difficulty to decide between senses and intuition, becuase these two functions accroding to Ganin are in the war. In the war means that first/base functions is the strongest/dominant one and the fourth is inferior but is also strong enough and represents your ambition.

Although we got used to count the first and the second functions as strongest - Ganin puts slightly different emphasis on the fourth function. The forht function is fighting for the dominance with the base function. While the second/creative function is strong but has got a different emphasis as suplemetary or supportive function. That means that the second function does not fight for the dominance with the first one but rather helps the first function to get it's way through to achive what it wants.

Take for for example your type, it is important for you to feel in harmony with the place where you are, to feel comfortable (sorry for simlifications)- your base function is . Under the best condition you don't need to do much, but if the need arise, if you feel uncomfortable with the person or in disharmony with your environment - you will use a very practical approach: you will avoid this person and rearrange the immidiate environment. You will not sit and think -you will use your This is not the war but a helping hand from your second function.

Your last function is , this is where your ambition is to feel the future, to discover something like different parts of the brains connected to socionics types - to be ahead of what is known. So do not believe that the fourth function is in reality the weakest one - it will be strong enough to fight for the dominance if you want it to be this way.

The people which you mentioned Taz, Cone, Pedro, , Sychopat - are all irrational types in socionincs so what you said about their strugle between senses and intuition is understandable and does not disagree with Ganin's article. MysticSonic is INTJ and rational. As regards to Pedro, he criticises things which is ok for INTP. As regards to feelings and morality, i did not notice that it is his strong(est) function.

Ganin is intellegent but has got difficulty to express his knowledge in a sensible/popular way. Hopefully he will take next time more effort to do so.

For Ms.K: How this model could be applied to INTJ?

You are sure that you are a thinker. You prefer to be engaged in theoretical/sructural knowledge and this is where your hunger is: the food for brain . Your supplementary function helps you to progress/ understand things: you see the abilites of the object/event/phenomenon, you can take it mentally aprt and put it back togehter and to create something new. That is why INTJ are called Analysts. There si no war here. However, the ambitioin is in relationships, why? Because you are most probably a romantic person and have got high moral standards without showing them off.

When i met my husband he did not talk much about morality, he just believed that i will see somehow that he is good. He is proud to be a honest person. He does loses his temper at times as he is not too patient with noty children. He likes to tease the cat. When she bites him he smack her and immideatly after that jumps up to cuddle her. So he is clever and he is good and what is stronger - God knows. If he could to talk about morality like i do than he could be not Analyst but Moralist. But he does not talk much in the same way as i do not produce clever articles...