Thread: ENTps and drama

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTps and drama

Okay, I have had more drama in my life since being a teenager than just about anyone I know. Is this common for ENTps?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. It is common for women, however.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate drama.
    I like listening to gossip (secretly), but drama sucks.

I remember once my friend convinced me to stick up for her which involved me calling her friend up and talking to her about some rumor she was spreading. I was physically ill afterwards, shaking, etc. I just cannot deal with all those negative feelings. :(
    I(N)Tj

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, this is not where I was trying to go with this thread.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my ENTp friend gets tons of older women though... has affairs with married women, all kinds of crazy stuff. He takes it in stride though and doesn't seem to get too upset about it. Of course he drinks and smokes a lot now, so maybe he's more stressed than he seems.
    I(N)Tj

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alex
    my ENTp friend gets tons of older women though... has affairs with married women, all kinds of crazy stuff. He takes it in stride though and doesn't seem to get too upset about it. Of course he drinks and smokes a lot now, so maybe he's more stressed than he seems.
    Damnit alex, I told you not to mention me on the internet!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahahahahhahahahahah drama is an ENTp thing!
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Drama = Flame

Joy = Moth

You unconsciously bring it upon yourself
    I would argue that I am the flame and the drama is the moth...
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTps..............

you are attractive to me........

But I don't think it really can work out.

I totally agree about ENTps and drama
    How can you enjoy such things, such comfort zones like that, I wonder.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

The only drama I can recall in my life has been times where I thought I was or trying to do the "right" thing. It conflicted with other people's interest, or people did not understand my intentions.
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think drama surrounds a lot of ENTps because we're less risk adverse than most types. If something seems like a good idea, we do it, regardless of what others think or expect. We're very openminded, so this leaves lots of room for adventure.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drama is the entp middle name! There's always drama in my life:

For example, right now my marriage has reached a developmental block to the point where I wonder whether it would be prudent to contact a lawyer . . .

I am waiting for bloodwork to see whether I have any form of hyperthyroidism . . .

I am starting a new class on Wednesday that I am not yet prepared for . . .

Last spring it was the tantaliziing possibility of a giant career promotion.

Last summer it was being in the doldrums at work.

Entps are not for the fainthearted, for sure.
    Entp
    ILE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I think ENTp's attract drama because they need a LOT of stimulation in order to not feel bored with their life.

^Observation

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I think drama surrounds a lot of ENTps because we're less risk adverse than most types. If something seems like a good idea, we do it, regardless of what others think or expect. We're very openminded, so this leaves lots of room for adventure.
    Every ESFP I've known has been a Drama Queen.

ENFPs wind up with a lot of drama in their lives as well. In my early 20's my life was a dramafest.

I think drama might come from thinking that things happen TO us, not we DO things. As if we are a passive innocent instead of an active force. It takes a lot of guts to say to one's self "this is happening because I did such and such".
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze

For example, right now my marriage has reached a developmental block to the point where I wonder whether it would be prudent to contact a lawyer . . .

I am waiting for bloodwork to see whether I have any form of hyperthyroidism . . .

Except maybe for the first sentence, I cannot really see any drama!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-ENTp M

Default Drama?

Life is what happens between Drama or life is the void between drama episodes. I don't want it, I don't need it, but I sure have plenty of it. I don't know if it's taking risks, not just accepting things as they are and letting go, or something about not feeling alive without some feeling going on. Life in general is just too much work right now.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I say drama I don't mean blowing situations out of proportion... in fact, it's more like minimizing situations which somehow allows them to become rather sitcom or movie drama-like. The past ten years of my life have been full of all sorts of adventures and misadventures... events that are dramatic.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    What does everyone mean by drama? Blowing stuff out of proportion -- freaking out at the little stuff, or just dealing with actual important stuff? 'Cause I always thought drama was blowing things out of proportion. If it's actually having lots of big issues to deal with, then my life has been full of drama (but I'm no ENTp).

If it's making the little things seem huge, well I occassionally do this too, but not so often -- I don't like to draw attention to myself (IRL anyway - I talk way too much about myself here in fake life).

Blaze's list there doesn't seem to be drama to me, it just seems to be a list of important issues she's had to deal with.

"Drama is on TNT!!!"

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie

"Drama is on TNT!!!"

But not INTx
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

When I say drama I don't mean blowing situations out of proportion... in fact, it's more like minimizing situations which somehow allows them to become rather sitcom or movie drama-like. The past ten years of my life have been full of all sorts of adventures and misadventures... events that are dramatic.
    I would say that is the story of my life then. Take for example this past weekend my ESTp friend and I were hanging out. Now, when my ESTp and friend get together there is always the potential that something is going to get burned down, or someone is going to end up in jail.

At midnight Saturday, we decided to take a hour and a half road trip to hang and drink with these girls. On the way there we strated trippin out that we were riding past mountain and shit, and there was snow on the ground. It was totally random, and suggested by me. Sunday night, we found out by this whore house that was having a party in a rough neighborhood. We wanted to see if there was any activity, so we just packed up and went to see the happenings.

I dunno, it seems my life is always having some weird adventure episode taking place. I can relate to the movies Wedding Crashers, and Harold & Kumar, and select episodes of Seinfeld with other "misadventures" in my life.
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie

"Drama is on TNT!!!"

But not INTx
    This topic isnt about INTx's its about ENTp's

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drama... the breakfast of champions
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze

Except maybe for the first sentence, I cannot really see any drama!
    Oh there's drama, cuz I make it drama.
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I thought ENFPs were more dramatic than ENTPs.....

I can out drama you in a drama fight. Meet me tomorrow in the drama arena in Easter Island, all the natives love to watch ENFPs battle challengers in drama fights. It will be on television shown around the world and possibly in the northwest quadrant of the Alga galaxy in kugu planet! Any challengers? :wink:
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pfft

tell me about the drama you've been involved in over the past year... or two years... or three years... hell, five or ten years even...
    SEE

Creepy-

pfft

tell me about the drama you've been involved in over the past year... or two years... or three years... hell, five or ten years even...
    Nah, my life isn't that dramatic, but I hope it becomes so in the future. I just heard that for ENFPs in general are supposed to be very dramatic.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Doh! I must learn to log in first!
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's what I was saying... some types respond to circumstances with dramatic reactions but don't actually create dramatic situations

I am not one of them!
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused

I can out drama you in a drama fight. Meet me tomorrow in the drama arena in Easter Island, all the natives love to watch ENFPs battle challengers in drama fights. It will be on television shown around the world and possibly in the northwest quadrant of the Alga galaxy in kugu planet! Any challengers? :wink:
    Only if there is booze and women for the pickins there.
    ILE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ENTp drama revolves around our blatant disregard for consequences, not just in so-called "risk taking," but also because we're not really afraid to say anything as long as we believe it. I've come to notice that I actually have a bigger affect on people with the things I say than I'm able (or willing) to think at first, and it leads to hurt feelings, divided sympathies, and, ultimately, massive amounts of drama.

I agree with the statement about ENTp's attracting drama because they need emotional stimulation. If a relationship isn't active, confusing, and constantly changing, then it will, inevitably, become boring. And we know how things go when ENTp's get bored.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pfft

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gilligan, yes and no

I like to think I'm a bit more responsible than that... but I do things that most people would not consider. I also refuse to do things that most people wouldn't think anything of. I'm not afraid of change either, and I am open minded.

As far as emotional stimulation, it doesn't have to be negative.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused

Easter Island? Wow. What a coincidence - I am reading a book about societal collapse and Easter Island is a strong example. Talk about drama!
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for ENTps, everything in life is judged according to a continuum... at one end is "interesting" and the other "not interesting"...

I think stimulation is a big deal for ENTps. All types of stimulation, not just emotional stimulation.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gilligan, yes and no

I like to think I'm a bit more responsible than that... but I do things that most people would not consider. I also refuse to do things that most people wouldn't think anything of. I'm not afraid of change either, and I am open minded.

As far as emotional stimulation, it doesn't have to be negative.
    I don't harbor any self-delusions about being responsible: I know I'm not. I basically love to do ANYTHING that's out of the ordinary and exciting. When I'm in the moment, it doesn't really matter how rediculous or stupid it is: as long as I know it won't have a big negative effect on me in the long run, I'll do it. Shit, I do things sometimes that COULD have long term negative effects. I always feel like I'm at my best when I'm breaking rules and pushing boundaries.

Emotional stimulation definitely doesn't have to be negative, but it's really hard to enduce positive emotional stimulation, and it's hardly easier to get from others. I'm not saying I intentionally try to make others feel bad just for stimulation; I just think that ENTp's in general have a habit of indirectly creating drama to fulfill their emotional needs. And drama doesn't have to be negative, you know.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think that ENTp's in general have a habit of indirectly creating drama to fulfill their emotional needs.
    holy hidden agenda batman!

makes sense
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dur.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for ENTps, everything in life is judged according to a continuum... at one end is "interesting" and the other "not interesting"...

I think stimulation is a big deal for ENTps. All types of stimulation, not just emotional stimulation.
    Yes. I don´t have much what I would call drama in my life, but if I don´t get new stimuli constantly, it starts to get boring. And interesting and fun are the key words for ENTPs, I guess...
    ENTP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    I think ENTp drama revolves around our blatant disregard for consequences, not just in so-called "risk taking," but also because we're not really afraid to say anything as long as we believe it. I've come to notice that I actually have a bigger affect on people with the things I say than I'm able (or willing) to think at first, and it leads to hurt feelings, divided sympathies, and, ultimately, massive amounts of drama.

I agree with the statement about ENTp's attracting drama because they need emotional stimulation. If a relationship isn't active, confusing, and constantly changing, then it will, inevitably, become boring. And we know how things go when ENTp's get bored.
    Yes . . . we create dramatic situations because of our risk taking and saying what we think. And I agree that we need stim to keep from getting bored. If we can't create drama than we react to things dramatically, too; we make things dramatic. Either way it's entp and what we "need".
    Entp
    ILE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast