Thread: ENFp confidentiality: keeping private conversations private

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFp confidentiality: keeping private conversations private

I have heard that ENFps are not good about keeping private conversations private.... but.... they're the only ones who can get me to spill the beans about whatever it is that's going on with me. They just seem to ask the right questions, call me on it when I try to redirect, and care about whatever it is we're discussing. It's not at all awkward.

I dunno. Comments?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ENFps and confidentiality

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I have heard that ENFps are not good about keeping private conversations private.... but.... they're the only ones who can get me to spill the beans about whatever it is that's going on with me. They just seem to ask the right questions, call me on it when I try to redirect, and care about whatever it is we're discussing. It's not at all awkward.

I dunno. Comments?
    They tend to only be able to keep their own secrets. It may all depend, but generally ExFp's and ESFj's have problems with keeping things under wraps. I'm not sure if its spilled on purpose, but I do know it ends up out there, eventually.
    thing.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YAY!!!
    SEE

Creepy-heathiep

i dunno, i think if you tell one person you probably want the world to know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never tell other's secrets either, and woah I know a few.

ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't tell people's secrets ever.

Stuff that isn't really important, I'll gossip about. But secrets, never.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonk
    I never tell other's secrets either, and woah I know a few.

LOL I know you do dear!

Heath: Then how are you supposed to handle the things your brain taunts you with?
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes me feel cheap if divulge anothers secret. I believe what someone tells me is between the two of us and I hope they feel the same way. I usually dont mind telling people things about myself as long as I feel they are trustworthy. I usually dont tell people things that if it got back to me Id be ashamed.
    There is one caveat. I might tell a humorous story or an exciting story about someone without mentioning their name if I think they will never meet the person Im telling the story to. Example "I knew this guy in Austrailia once that used to pick his noes when he thought no one was looking. One time I caught him with a finger in each nostril going to town....

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    That really depends on the ENFp.

If friends tell me not to ever let anyone know about something, I will keep it a secret.

And I am not joking. I think about what will happen to their names if I let their skeletons out. It sure isn't going to be pretty and I don't want to suffer from the payback either.

edit: More of us should respond to this topic just to see if we can confirm MySaviour's hypothesis. *part kidding, part sarcastic*. Throws out of the window.
    Why me? heh. Whatever, I don't really care.
    thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    That really depends on the ENFp.

If friends tell me not to ever let anyone know about something, I will keep it a secret.

And I am not joking. I think about what will happen to their names if I let their skeletons out. It sure isn't going to be pretty and I don't want to suffer from the payback either.

edit: More of us should respond to this topic just to see if we can confirm MySaviour's hypothesis. *part kidding, part sarcastic*. Throws out of the window.
    Why me? heh. Whatever, I don't really care.
    As I think about it, maybe I just have all the bad luck. The ENFp's around me are just motor mouths. I've shared with a few some big ones (they do know how to get into your business, its amazing), only to have each "big one" recited back to me later in a crushing manner (by someone else!). Egh. Terrible experiences, I've had.
    thing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here. I love to tell funny stories, but I'll always make sure that no one knows the people involved. So I'll just say "a friend of a friend" or "I used to know this guy". I'd never betray someone's secrets. I know a few, and I always make sure people can't even guess that a secret exists at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can keep secrets. I'm like a safe.
    me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't ever tell me a secret! Maybe it's an NFp thing? I have no secrets. I don't tell one person everything though, but boy if my friends ever got together!
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Creepy-enfp rosie

Default Re: ENFps and confidentiality

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

I dunno. Comments?
    OK...time for true confession by me, an ENFP. I have been a major gossip in the past because I like to tell stories and what's life without a bit of drama? But I am now much, much better at keeping things private for 2 reasons: (1) I've had some people tell me how much it hurts them to have private things talked about which I had no idea hurt them; and (2) I've have some private things flung around by others and personally experienced how awful it feels.

I am very good at getting people to talk about things and spill but their beans because I do care but now I check whether the person wants their beans shared or not. And, to be on the safe side, I keep it to myself. So there's hope for ENFPs!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like mature ENFps are good at respecting people's privacy while less mature ENFps may not be able to keep quiet.
    SEE