Thread: Help! I don't understand my test results

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help! I don't understand my test results.

I'm quite scared of my test results. It says I have a lot sensing, I think? And thinking?!! That's totally untrue. Or am I just reading it wrong?

http://socion.info/cgi-bin/beta3test...671152105.html

What does it all mean?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May I suggest that you look at this:

oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=1684

What result do you get?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logical-sensory Introvert (ISTJ).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I'm for sure not an ISTJ. I have been an INFp or INFj on all other tests and I know I am from many, many descriptions and just an innate feeling! I just took the test to see if whether I was p or j.

My DAD is an ISTJ and I could not be more unlike him. I'm just going through WTF right now, because I am clearly an INFx.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you'd be an INFP before you're an INFJ...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the attributes says, INFP.

The functions say, ESTP (heh...)

I dunno.
    thing.

Odd. Which type do you relate to best? Were you on drugs when you took the test. Those are some pretty odd results. I'm not even going to guess.

Or am I the only one that does that?

Creepy-

I'm stranger than I thought.

No, I wasn't on drugs. On the contrary, I made sure I did the test slowly, and answered each as accurately as possible.

What could this all mean? Anyone enlightened enough to tell me?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

No, I wasn't on drugs. On the contrary, I made sure I did the test slowly, and answered each as accurately as possible.

It means that you're a Beta, to start.

Then, the functions point to Se and Ti, while your preferances point towards, I N F P. You're confused somewhere, but still a Beta (ESTP, ISTJ, INFP).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Ummm... Ask McNew. It's his test. :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, don't think too long about a question. just stay long enough to make sure you've read it properly. I'm not enlightened, I think, because I don't know what to tell you. I've seen your pic, and you have a very pronounced INFj look, so your final type is known. Maybe take the test again?

It does show that you thought about the questions, because there aren't any redundancies between the strong and weak functions (which sometimes help with typing).
    thing.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

It means that you're a Beta, to start.

Then, the functions point to Se and Ti, while your preferances point towards, I N F P. You're confused somewhere, but still a Beta (ESTP, ISTJ, INFP).
    Oh, interesting.. but what is the difference between functions and preferences? And how can I have such opposites of both... disregarding the P though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's definatly NOT an INFJ with those functions... the only functions she scored negatives in were Fi and Ne...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour

no, don't think too long about a question. just stay long enough to make sure you've read it properly. I'm not enlightened, I think, because I don't know what to tell you. I've seen your pic, and you have a very pronounced INFj look, so your final type is known. Maybe take the test again?

It does show that you thought about the questions, because there aren't any redundancies between the strong and weak functions (which sometimes help with typing).
    Well, I don't think I thought TOO long about a question.. I did make sure I fully understood it and tried to apply it to in context to my life.

However.. why are you basing my final type from my picture? I would think that Visual Identification is less reliable than multiple tests or even just this one test? Personally, I don't believe in the V.I. method. Would you care to explain why you do?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    She's definatly NOT an INFJ with those functions... the only functions she scored negatives in were Fi and Ne...
    Alright, dude, chill! She also has ESTp in her result set, so its not the most illustrative...

Have you seen her pics?

Maybe you should also delay comments..
    thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't think I thought TOO long about a question.. I did make sure I fully understood it and tried to apply it to in context to my life.

However.. why are you basing my final type from my picture? I would think that Visual Identification is less reliable than multiple tests or even just this one test? Personally, I don't believe in the V.I. method. Would you care to explain why you do?
    I could be wrong, Scarlett.. it happens many times.
    thing.

Creepy-

I'm an enigma! w00t.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an enigma! w00t.
    My sister is an INFj. I've known her for a time, and always thought she was ENFp, but she's in fact an INFj. When I observed her, she put across all of the traits. When she takes MBTI tests, she comes out as INFj. Great! 5% of the time she scores as ISTj. My mom's an ISTj, and my sister tells me she sometimes confuses who she is, for who she'd want to be, to be braced for everyone around her. Sometimes her idealism blinds her, and she thinks she is stronger, or weaker, or otherwise different from how she actually is. She has a more chipper look in her pics, but she gives off the same vibe as you. VI isn't a reliable method, but with some people it seems really clear. No bother, I'll leave this topic alone for a while. If you can make it through rmcnew's test again, then I'll give it another go.
    thing.

Creepy-

I'm an enigma! w00t.
    My sister is an INFj. I've known her for a time, and always thought she was ENFp, but she's in fact an INFj. When I observed her, she put across all of the traits. When she takes MBTI tests, she comes out as INFj. Great! 5% of the time she scores as ISTj. My mom's an ISTj, and my sister tells me she sometimes confuses who she is, for who she'd want to be, to be braced for everyone around her. Sometimes her idealism blinds her, and she thinks she is stronger, or weaker, or otherwise different from how she actually is. She has a more chipper look in her pics, but she gives off the same vibe as you. VI isn't a reliable method, but with some people it seems really clear. No bother, I'll leave this topic alone for a while. If you can make it through rmcnew's test again, then I'll give it another go.
    Haha.. cool. I'll try and make it through that test again. Just not now! It was so long!