Thread: ENTp trait or brain problem?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTp trait or brain problem?

The only time I ever feel any emotion with more than half of me is when I'm drunk or on a psycholdeic drug. All other times there is just a whole lot going on.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ENTp trait or brain problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    The only time I ever feel any emotion with more than half of me is when I'm drunk or on a psycholdeic drug. All other times there is just a whole lot going on.
    lol IT'S WEAK

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

It's because you think too much, and cover up your emotions.

Creepy-ENTp Male

Default Huh?

I'd say it's a brain problem. Are you sure you're an ENTp?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio
    It's because you think too much, and cover up your emotions.
    I agree. I have/had similar problems when I am/was worry(ing) too much about different things. I guess this is called depression.
    me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have trouble being sure I know what emotions really are. I get mad, so I assume thats an emotion. I also get happy but it's more in an "I want to run down the hallway kicking things" sort of happy. I guess I fell in love, since I got butterflies. but are those what emotions are?

What are emotions? can someone who is good at them describe them?

Creepy-

Emotions. Let's see, difficulty knowing when I'm feeling them and which ones they are and why. Always need a lot of time to sort this through. Also a lot of times they are like tidal waves; I get engulfed by them.

They're like wild ponies.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by waddles
    I have trouble being sure I know what emotions really are. I also get happy but it's more in an "I want to run down the hallway kicking things" sort of happy.
    I agree with this: there's a direct connection between emotion and action which seems to skip any thought or management function.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ENTp Male
    I'd say it's a brain problem. Are you sure you're an ENTp?
    There is no other type I could be.
    SEE

Creepy-ENTp Male

Default Feeling Emotion

I don't know that's an experience that I've ever had but except for my E, I'm pretty closely balanced in my NTp. If you can feel like you want when you're self medicated, then maybe you need to work on relaxing a little more. Maybe some tension relieving exercises or something? Ever talked to therapist about your feelings or "not" feelings? You never know what might work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think partly it depends what else is going on, what else your thinking about.

can you express your feelings? like or dislike?

by emotion - what do you feel when you drink or do drugs? it could be hidden guilt about something. something repressed. do you drink alot of caffeine? this could make you totally shut out your inside self.

i think in pictures, i'm more or less in a relaxed (alpha) state. when i had too many coffee beans (they looked like chocolate covered raisons... wrong!) - i couldn't think straight. i couldn't see beyond my own eyes like i could before. i had to face reality as it was, without internal thoughts. and i had to really push to see anything again. so you maybe making your brain work too hard.

try listening to trance, Eskimo has some good tunes. i kind of filter them out now, but it may help induce trance without the drugs, so you can work out the problems in a less harmful way - or maybe to understand them without the side-effects your current method has.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have trouble being sure I know what emotions really are. I get mad, so I assume thats an emotion. I also get happy but it's more in an "I want to run down the hallway kicking things" sort of happy. I guess I fell in love, since I got butterflies. but are those what emotions are?

i think absoulute feelings are the ones you actually feel. it's not something you do on a whim, for a quick thrill. it's the ones that really make your blood boil, the ones that make you feel like your floating, the ones that tell you that something bad is going to happen (intuition), the ones that you reminance - for good or bad.

i think there probably should be other words describing emotions - as there are different levels. i guess the ones you can feel in your heart (or tummy), are real emotions. the ones that you simply feel because you want to, are basic feelings (like the first pee in the morning)...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Therapists are the devil!

When I am on drugs or drinking, I can hear myself think. I know how I feel, and it's not how I feel just because I'm on something.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Therapists are the devil!

When I am on drugs or drinking, I can hear myself think. I know how I feel, and it's not how I feel just because I'm on something.
    in general, therapists are usually more messed up than the person who they are "trying" to cure. try listening to music that puts you into an alpha state - Rammstein is actually pretty relaxing. many of those songs can put you into the alpha-theta state. trance works pretty well as long as the beat doesn't repeat too many times.

in my case, my thoughts are so loud, i can't hear anyone else talk. it becomes much worse when i play devil's advocate for myself and against myself - and we all argue. unforutnally neither side wins, and neither side give's me the silent treatment.

Creepy-

afhkjdsaf

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

in general, therapists are usually more messed up than the person who they are "trying" to cure.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    in general, therapists are usually more messed up than the person who they are "trying" to cure.
    ever listen to freud? he had some obsessions there.

in general though people should work out their own problems. there shouldn't be a need to visit anyone. the most they do is ask you to answer your own statement. and once you have that figured out, you can do it yourself. the drugs they can give, that's the only part you can't do yourself. but who want's to spend time, money,etc, with some stranger?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Have you been in therapy?
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you been in therapy?
    they've sent me in the past. been to a school that was made up mostly of shrinks. different methods tried, nothing worked-- mostly because there was no problem. i was the different one, the quite one, an INTJ child - smart at some things, bad at others. they thought i was playing games. different learning methods.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have seen people benefit greatly from therapy. All of them are people who took the time to find the right therapist and who were willing to work with them on their problems.
    ― Anais Nin

Creepy-Paul

That may in some ways be an NT thing. Although, ENTps seem to like their herb. Most that I know actually are ambivalent about alcohol, although they will drink it.

I will have to admit, every now and then I will hit a rare batch of herb that will let me reach a state of almost total and complete detachment, like the ability to look at my self from a third person point of view. I really love that stuff. For some reason, others seem to hate it though. Laughy weed, to me it seems, the most common type, tends to piss me off and I don't really like it.

NiTe

Creepy-

fdgfjdsafdsa

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen people benefit greatly from therapy. All of them are people who took the time to find the right therapist and who were willing to work with them on their problems.
    I'm a great example!
    me

Creepy-ENTp Male

Default Therapy.

Nice to know people have opinions on therapy. My experience is that if the person who is in therapy wants to change, then even a mediocre therapist can probably do the job. Most of them seem to work from a portfolio of established theories. I think it's funny that people who say they feel better when they do some kind of street drug, but in the context of taking a prescription drug under supervision, it's a waste of time. Is it just me, or does that sound kind of illogical. What ever works and doesn't physically harm you, well go for it. Just be sure that you can be objective enough, with no feedback from the outside, you know you're okay. How many therapists does is take to change a light bulb? Answer: It depends on if the light bulb wants to be changed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps, but then again there are many gullible people. and as long as they have someone else telling them what they should or could be feeling, they treat themselves. it's sort of like those that deeply believe in hypnosis.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_INTJ
    perhaps, but then again there are many gullible people. and as long as they have someone else telling them what they should or could be feeling, they treat themselves. it's sort of like those that deeply believe in hypnosis.
    It's not about that. My sister started having severe anxiety attacks and became very depressed. She is in therapy now and they discovered a repressed trauma. She is not cured, but she says things *make sense* now and is working on dealing with it.

My friend was severely depressed and suicidal. She and her therapist worked on understanding severely dysfunctional family dynamics. She can deal with them now because she was able to connect the dots. It took a long time and a lot of pain to get there.

Therapy is not about being told what to do and how to feel. I see where you are coming from, but I think you generalize unfairly.
    ― Anais Nin

Creepy-

fdfhkdsaf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_INTJ
    Have you ever been hypnotised?
    no. but from my research they describe the main feeling of a basic trance, or even a suggestive trance as something i do on a normal day.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a HUGE fan of self-hypnosis. I like SHARM.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a HUGE fan of self-hypnosis. I like SHARM.
    is SHARM and acronym, or a band?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SEE

Creepy-

fdjhfkadsafsda

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PEOPLE. IT'S WEAK . JESUS.

Creepy-ms k

hm

you wonder what an emotion is, i wonder if i feel the right emotion.

lol, you know what emotions are!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    ahahahahahahahahhaahhaa

I do believe you are correct.
    SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    ahahahahahahahahhaahhaa

I do believe you are correct.
    And after all our arguing that F does NOT correlate to emotion...
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, F doesn't mean emotion. But weak can mean all of the above.
    SEE