Thread: restlessness, is this an ENTp/ILE trait?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default restlessness, is this an ENTp/ILE trait?

Is this an ENTp thing???

I get in these moods where I have to do something but nothing is right. No matter what I'm doing I want to be doing something else, I just don't know what.

Then there's the long term restlessness, too...
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's an irrational perceiving thing.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: restlessness

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Is this an ENTp thing???

I get in these moods where I have to do something but nothing is right. No matter what I'm doing I want to be doing something else, I just don't know what.

Then there's the long term restlessness, too...
    I'm feeing exactly the same way now.
    me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a big project I need to have done today. I work at 5pm and I have put it off all week. i just do not want to do this project. its really annoying.

My procrastination and innate laziness really tick me off sometimes. For some reason it is really hard for me to get started on something and I am often 'restless' yet doing nothing. I have gotten better as an adult, but I wish I'd had better guidance as a child. My parents often just 'got me out' of situations where it might have been better to help me find my own way out, or left me alone to 'sink or swim' in situations where I was in totally over my head.

I think being taught how to get through difficult things really might have helped in my case. Now I feel as though I am trying to mold myself, when things are already 'set'. I am not particularly brilliant (certainly smart enough to get by though, I think), so I really need to apply myself to accomplish anything worthwhile.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Irrational? How so?
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irrational? How so?
    .. because Jung said that the Sensing and Intuitive types were the more restless and impulsive ones, and those are the irrationales...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sensing and intuitive?
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sensing and intuitive?
    .. meaning your dominant funciton is either sensing or intuitive, which would make you a perceiving type in socionics, which is why I said that perceiving types are the more impulsive ones.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, okay now I get it. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I partly agree, but this doesn't mean rational judging types - T or F dominant - aren't restless at all. It is just they react later.

Like Rocky explained, everyone is both judging and perceving.
    Rationals judge first and than react, irrationals react first and then judge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pace in circles and leave the computer and come back to it alot. its sort of sad when you are in a smaller space with no one else around. you have no inspiration and nothing to really do. I go to this forum alot and just look at the posts and see what's up. sometimes i think "am i a loser for going to this forum so much?" or "do people i know read my posts and make fun of me? Is this normal what i am doing?" or stuff to that nature.

If i have homework to do i usually opt to read about something else.
    I have trouble doing what I am supposed to do until its long past when i was supposed to do it and i do it because i feel like doing it. i usually give up on put off doing it again for a while so i always feel sort of fragmented.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good God! Every post here could have been mine. You all are making me think we all need to get lives beyond this forum.
    If you figure out how, LET ME KNOW!

*edited to add* Actually I have been thinking of joining a health club just down the road from me and taking a sign language class to boost my skills there and then finding a way to put my skills to use so I don't lose them. And I need to practice the cello more as I started learning but dropped it since my husband is home for the next three months and I get embarrassed practicing in front of him. Also our recent houseguest is moving out next week after being here two months while in transition in buyng a home and having moved out of an apartment, so I can use my treadmill then as right now there's tons of stuff piled on top of it. So there is light at the end of the tunnel!
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the words of Calvin (of the Calvin & Hobbes fame):

"Why isn't my life like a situation comedy? Why don't I have a bunch of friends with nothing better to do but drop by and instigate wacky adventures? Why aren't my conversations peppered with spontaneous witticisms? Why don't my friends demonstrate heartfelt concern for my well being when I have problems? ...I gotta get my life some writers."
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think restlessness is an Ne thing
    I am incredible restless when taking the subway, driving, or whenever i don't do anything active/social (like now)

btw, i always play net poker while browsing forums, because it's extremely boring doing only one thing at a time
    When in doubt, start a war :wink:
    ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maizemedley
    Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    Rationals judge first and than react, irrationals react first and then judge
    Hadn't heard it put this way before.
    naturally, cause it's my original idea, hehe

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I'm stuck doing repetitive tasks, I can get pretty restless. It may be a ne/pe thing partially, I know while I do have routine, I do need some structure at the end of the day. I get to the point of procrastination when I get into stressmode, and this plays a role.

I am pretty singleminded when it comes to creative projects, and I like newness and innovation. When I get new ideas, I have the need to get them out, if I don't then I will not be as excited as I once was about them. When registering with classes for the semester, while doing things under my major, I try to take different classes than I took last time. When doing chores and workrelated tasks, I do come up with ways to make it more interesting for myself. While I do what is expected at me at work, after a few hours, I always get a bit antsy.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Eps seem to be naturally restless types, a feeling which is stoked by their explorer/experimentalist natures and isn't necessarily a bad thing. Now, I've met more than a few ESIs, for example, who've changed their abodes, partners and or jobs every two or so years which seems to indicate that every type is subject to restlessness stemming from disappointment with their lots in life.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Eps seem to be naturally restless types, a feeling which is stoked by their explorer/experimentalist natures and isn't necessarily a bad thing. Now, I've met more than a few ESIs, for example, who've changed their abodes, partners and or jobs every two or so years which seems to indicate that every type is subject to restlessness stemming from disappointment with their lots in life.....

a.k.a. I/O

AAArrgghhh... I'm looking for permanence.

@Rebelondeck, are you sure they were ESI's? The ones I know seem to stick with a job or a marriage forever, no matter how horrible it is. Their partners or their employers might move on, but IME, the ESI's whom I know tend to hold on like a drowning man.

EDIT
    Wait, when they are in their twenties, I have seen them change jobs a lot. Sorry.