Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default About Aspects and Functions in Socionics by Prokofieva

Scientific Research Socionics Institute. About Aspects and Functions in Socionics by Prokofieva

A good article about the information aspects I think. I particularly like how it describes Introverted Sensing and Introverted Intuition in relation to each other.
    Last edited by silke; 12-16-2013 at 02:18 PM. Reason: fixed link

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent article. A good step-by-step introduction to the concepts involved.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about how the socionics functions work for people in general, so I can only speak from my personal experience; what works for me, might not work for you. Nonetheless, here are my comments about these descriptions:

1) It always becomes clear that I place strong emphasis on Ne in my thought - perhaps to the exclusion of most of the other functions.

2) I almost never identify with Ti, because it is often associated with "objects." Something along the lines of "noticing that person A is taller than person B" is not the type of observation I make, because it seems almost trivial to me (I apologize if this sounds arrogant, but I know of no other way to put it.). My sense of relationships deals more with abstract concepts than objects. (However, as I said, this does necessarily mean that these descriptions will not ring true for other Ti types.)

3) I identify with Fi in the sense that I take great notice as to how nice/polite other people are. However, this is EXACTLY the reason why I seek Fe; Fe-egos are often some of the most friendly types in my opinion. OTOH, someone who is SIMPLY polite does not interest me (and neither does someone who is very practical, business-oriented, etc.)

In any event whether socionics works in general or whether I am a sort of anomaly is another question...

Jason

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This article is unhelpful.

Why does a switch from static to dynamic cause Si to take on an overtly localized, bodily, and pleasure-evaluating nature? What is the hidden factor causing Ti to not have this, or for Si to have it? Simply static/dynamic? (This is one example of the article's issues)

Sounds less like a fresh approach at aspectonics, and more of aspectonics force fitted to the old element stereotypes.
    The end is nigh

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    This article is unhelpful.

Why does a switch from static to dynamic cause Si to take on an overtly localized, bodily, and pleasure-evaluating nature? What is the hidden factor causing Ti to not have this, or for Si to have it? Simply static/dynamic? (This is one example of the article's issues)
    Because a process occurs over a period of time. The article does actually point this out if it wasn't already obvious to you.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is Te felt bodily and sensationally because it is dynamic and therefore Se is not felt in such a way?
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is Te felt bodily and sensationally because it is dynamic and therefore Se is not felt in such a way?
    Te and Se are object focused. Object elements don't leave impressions the way field elements do.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds less like a fresh approach at aspectonics, and more of aspectonics force fitted to the old element stereotypes.
    I agree, though I think that the aspects are vague enough that they can use some help form the old element descriptions to give their life meaning. :wink:

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk it seems to make sense to me.

divide all information into:

objects/fields
    dynamic/static

static objects describes discrete characteristics of objects.
    static fields describes discrete relationships.
    dynamic objects describes continuous processes of objects.
    dynamic fields describes continuous processes of relationships.

then just further divide it into explicit/implicit.

then you have your 8 functions. It's pretty simple.

The things we associate with the functions.. efficiency, emotion, structure, power, possibilities, probablities, etc all come second, and they are only associated with the functions because they have high concentrations of the above basic descriptions.

edit:

rationality - To find static bonds you must think about them and make the connection within your mind. In reality, bonds between objects are constantly changing. You can change which actions you take and change it at will.

irrationality - you can't just decide at one moment to have different characteristics. Discrete characteristics are built in, and you have to affect the environment in order to change it. The constant flow of how everything relates to each other can hardly be decided. The moment you decide upon a certain bond, it changes. You can't control the flow of bonds the way you change the flow of yourself or another. You can only sit and take it in.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 11-09-2009 at 07:38 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8