SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default That 70's Show

Has this topic already been done?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay fine, here's what I've got so far...

Eric: IxFx
    Donna: ExTj
    Hyde: INTx
    Fez: ESFx
    Jackie: ESFj
    Kelso: ESFp
    Kitty: xxFx
    Red: xxTj

Anyone have any ideas on some of the Xs?
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Okay fine, here's what I've got so far...

Eric: IxFx
    Donna: ExTj
    Hyde: INTx
    Fez: ESFx
    Kelso: ESFp
    Kitty: xxFx
    Red: xxTj

Anyone have any ideas on some of the Xs?
    OK, I'll go...

Erick: ILE (ENTP)
    Donna: LSE (ESTJ)
    Hyde: SLI (ISTP)
    Fez: SEE (ESFP)
    Jackie: IEI (INFP)
    Kelso: IEE (ENFP)
    Kitty: ESE (ESFJ)
    Red : SLI (ISTP)
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you thus far:

Not so sure about these....
    Jackie: IEI (INFP)- Why because that's what the actress is? Jackie HAS to be an extrovert!
    Kelso: IEE (ENFP)- uhhhhhhhh HOW is he intuitive?
    Hyde: SLI (ISTP)- uhhhhhhh how is he NOT intuitive?!?!?!?!?!??!!?
    Erick: ILE (ENTP)- If he is an ENTp, I am not. He's a little bitch. If there was someone like that in my group I'd beat him (and I'm not a violent person!). I think he could be an ISFp.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hyde, IMO, is a fucking cool INTp. He reminds me A LOT of how Josh used to be (not that Josh is necessarily an INTp).
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

Oh this one is easy:

Eric: lol
    Donna: HOT
    Hyde: Eh.
    Fez: lolx2
    Jackie: Zzz...
    Kelso: WTF?
    Kitty: HOTMOM
    Red: PWN'd

This show is going downhill because the apocolyse will form when lol's and HOT's unite.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's your type jadae?
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's an ENFJ.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erick: ILE (ENTP)
    Hyde: SLI (ISTP)
    I agree with these for sure.

That's probobly right too.

Jackie: IEI (INFP)
    Really? I'd say an extrovert... and seems Se rather than Ni... ESFP?

Kelso: IEE (ENFP)
    I dunno where your getting the Ne from... I'd say ESFP.

I don't necessarily agree with these two... but then again, I don't really know what I would put them as either. Fez seems a little too distant to be an ESFP. I'm not really sure where your seeing ESTJ for Donna.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOW is Eric an ENTp?!?!
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

Hi Harry ^_^

Joy: What type would you have assumed of me?

btw I still stand by my typing of 70s show as 100% correct.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, if he's an ENTp, I'm not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, if he's an ENTp, I'm not.
    lol... It's just a TV show... Just 'cuz we speculate his character could be an ENTP doesn't necessarily mean that what he does is depictive of what an ENTP does in real life. TV show characters don't necissarily have types... they could be total type contradictions at times... so if he does something that pisses you off, it doesn't really mean anything. It's for this reason that typing a TV character is pretty much just for fun... it's not like the writers were like, "Eric... that guy is gonna be an ENTP." or, "No, no... he can't do that.... and ENTP wouldn't do that."

I guess I just don't really know what else you could type him as. I don't thin he's an ENTP really because he shows so many ENTP characteristics... just because I don't see what other type he could be. I wouln't say your not a type based on a TV show character tho.

What do you think he leans more towards?

Creepy-pokeball

I have to agree with Harry's statment (not for ENTP, I havent even tried tried care in trying him). SitComs and Films are so difficult to use due to time constraints. In contrast, there is always an obvious stereotype being portrayed as they are purposeful moral dilemmas or plays on morality (as stupid or funny as some may be...) but like Harry said-- it is rarely a static stereotype.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I AM an ENTp.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eric, ISFp, notice how soft he is.
    Donna, ENTp, doesn't know how to dress and they are together like an old coupple.
    Mom (was she Kitty?), ISFp.
    Red, ISTj (the actor should be ENFj and this is a good example how similar duals are), Red doesn't know why Kitty is unhappy in the merriage and he admires hes wife, but she doesn't find Red to be so appealing and she instead
    is good for Eric.
    Fez, ENFp.
    Jacky, ESFj. Fez feels attracted to her, but she doesn't notice the boys intentions. Jacky greatly get's along with Donna and this is common for the Activators. Jacky is also very fashion oriented and this is a sign of to me.
    Hyde, ESTj or ESTp. I think that he is more likely ESTp, both, Red and Kitty get along with him and this should be a sign about good Socionical Relationship between those characters.
    Kelso is ESFp like the actor himself. Very enthusiastic and goal oriented, which is a sign of , but he makes himself fool all the time and this is a sign of weak .

Hope I didn't make a lot of grammar mistakes in here.
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a world of reality all that would work, but because of the reason that a TV show is make-belief... the socionic relationships between characters would rarely apply.... your better off typing by type steriotypes probobly. If the creators had intended for it all to fit under constraints of socionic type relationships then what you just did would work perfectly.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol this thread is funny shit

I'm willing to reconsider Eric as an ENTp. There aren't any ENTps that I'm close to, so I am trying to get a sense of what they're like. I think the character Tim "the toolman" Taylor is ENTp (atm) and I can see him and Eric being identicals.

lol @ the way I used to talk about sensors
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the character Time "the toolman" Taylor is ENTp (atm) and I can see him and Eric being identicals.
    Yes.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh oh I made a typo
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Donna: ESTJ

Red: ISTJ

Fez: ESFP

Jackie: INFP

Eric: ENFJ

Kitty: ESFJ

Kelso: ENFP

Hyde: ISTP

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Austy

Red: ISTJ

Fez: ESFP

Jackie: INFP

Eric: ENFJ

Kitty: ESFJ

Kelso: ENFP

Hyde: ISTP
    Kitty ESFj I can see... she's very much like my mom, a little more bubbly though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I came up with:

Eric: ENTP
    Fez: ENTP
    Hyde: INTJ
    Kelso: ESFJ
    Jackie: ESFJ/ESTJ (very unsure about her)
    Kitty: ENFJ
    Red: ISTP
    Mr. Crumbles
    INTJ

Creepy-aurora_faerie

2 cents...

Eric: ISFp
    Donna: ESTx
    Hyde: ENTp
    Kelso: ESFj
    Fez: Meh
    Red: INTp
    Kitty: ESFp

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eric Forman: ISTp
    Jackie Burkhart: ESFj
    Michael Kelso: ESFp
    Steven Hyde: INTj
    Donna Pinciotti: ESTj
    Fes: ENFp
    Kitty Forman: ESFj
    Red Forman: ISTj
    Midge Pinciotti: ISFp
    Bob Pinciotti: ENFp
    Leo: ISFp

Especially important or noticeable relationships:

Eric & Donna: Mirror
    Jackie and Kelso: Quasi-Identical
    Hyde and Fes: Supervision (duh)
    Kitty and Red: Semi-Dual (There's the Fe/Ti thing going on.)
    Hyde and Jackie: Dual (I stopped watching the show a while ago, but as I understand it they had an affair and it became way more serious than expected.)
    Red and Bob: Conflict (duh)
    Jackie and Kitty: Identical (though Kitty is considerably more mature)
    Kitty and Eric: Supervision

Hyde is the man.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I AM an ENTp.
    :wink:
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    kelso enfj
    donna estp
    hyde estp
    red istj
    fez esfp
    jackie esfp
    eric infp
    kitty isfj
    Donna SLE? No way man, no way.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what type you think she is? btw i'm like soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sure she is estp.
    ILE-SEI duality is likely with Donna being the ILE. Donna might be similar to Anamericancer's temperament. She's definitely extremely similar to another woman's temperament who I know, who is married to an ISFp. Kelso and Fez both are likely ESFps.

I think a big misconception is that people don't use their third function at all. Donna uses Se to achieve Si and Fe.....which Eric gladly gives and her Se disappates. Just my view of it.
    Suomea

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, donna fmpov *may* be entp, though she seems more S than N. also, i don't think that it's very natural for people to use their role to achieve the program of the partner.

Eric said once that it's his "job" to be silly, which i think is more attributable to infps. i didn't see to much Si in him either.
    I think that determining type through "seeing" dichotomies is a very dangerous thing to do. Back when I was more into MBTI than Socionics friends and people I met who knew the system would guess ISFJ for me. I think they saw that I listened more than I talked in a lot of situations and guessed Introvert.........saw that I wasn't a nerd and guessed S (though all I do is think deeply about stuff)........ Saw that I was kind and good to people and guessed F....... and I have no clue how they got J.

As for Eric having his "job" to be silly I would say that this relates to ISFp more than INFp. INFps can be silly and raise a mood but normally they are a little more dramatic than Eric. ISFps tend to be a little "goofy" funny to keep everyone calm. An ISFp when Se is being thrown around will often times make a joke often times in a self depricating manner to calm the mood down. One can look at Bionicgoat on the forum to see. He always comes up with a lighthearted comment whenever there is tension abrewing. Much more like Eric.

As for people using their role to achieve their 5th function this may be more common in Creative subtypes...... which I would guess for Donna.
    Suomea

Creepy-bg

I love when people mention my name, makes me feel like a superstar!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, donna fmpov *may* be entp, though she seems more S than N. also, i don't think that it's very natural for people to use their role to achieve the program of the partner.
    You're thinking in terms of dichotomies, not functions. Don't make that mistake.

There is no way Donna's leading function is Se. I don't know what it is, but it's not Se.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackie ESFj?

I've always seen her as ego, giving relationship advice and trying to have a close connection with kelso. I don't see her as extremely expressive like . Also often controlling of territory redefines controlling of kelso and the others, ? If extrovert then maybe SEE, but she seems rational so maybe ESI. She often uses as a conversation starter, but can be critical with , like you're not supposed to do that, blah blah blah. I don't think she has PolR Te, so my bet is ESI. I don't know what she does with her spare time.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Jackie ESFj?

I've always seen her as ego, giving relationship advice and trying to have a close connection with kelso. I don't see her as extremely expressive like . Also often controlling of territory redefines controlling of kelso and the others, ? If extrovert then maybe SEE, but she seems rational so maybe ESI. She often uses as a conversation starter, but can be critical with , like you're not supposed to do that, blah blah blah. I don't think she has PolR Te, so my bet is ESI. I don't know what she does with her spare time.
    Highly doubtful.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Highly doubtful.
    ESE is doubtful. I think her criticism is more about controlling, and she has a valued criticism to her, like "you're doing it wrong."

Anyway she's obviously .

By the way logos, you don't like explanations do you?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE is doubtful. I think her criticism is more about controlling, and she has a valued criticism to her, like "you're doing it wrong."

Anyway she's obviously .
    I believe you can make a case with the evidence for SEE, but not ESI. While she may appear to be rational, she is not rational in the manner of an IJ temperament. Just about the only types I could see successfully argued for her are ESE, EIE, and SEE. The fact that she gives relationship advice and wants to "have a close connection to Kelso" is superficial evidence in support for Fi-ego.

By the way logos, you don't like explanations do you?
    Generally not yours in any case.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinions:

Fez is ESFj, very much into Si stuff and extrovert + SF to the bone. Weird and not afraid to display it.

Kelso: very clearly Se dominant; I call him ESTp. Having a hard time seeing him as Serious or Feeling; maturity is not his cup of tea. So ESFp is out.

Bob: ISFp. Alpha weirdness incarnate.

Red: ISFj. ISTj is an obvious suggestion but accepting Ti types including ISTjs are more socially mild than he is (Merry + Emotivism vs. Serious + Constructivism). The deeply negative attitude with the sense of superiority is very telling of ISFj.

Eric: quite of a few of the episodes revolve around him having weird habits and being a coward. Ne type with Se PoLR. INTj. If I properly recall Logos' picture, this guy looks like him. (confirmation?)

Kitty: ESFj. Has pretty much all of the telling characteristics. (which doesn't take away the fact that I find her very annoying)

Jacky: Resolute (Se/Ni values). Most people here seem to pick up on that. I personally also think she is an EJ type, so I end up calling her ENFj. I don't see any of the randomness of an EP type in her.

Donna: very different from Jacky in some respects, yet I think another ENFj.

Hyde: some intuitive irrational. When I first began watching, I almost instantly settled on ENTp. These days I think INTp could also work.
    Last edited by krieger; 05-09-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe you can make a case with the evidence for SEE, but not ESI. While she may appear to be rational, she is not rational in the manner of an IJ temperament.
    I see more of a case for ESI than SEE. She is rational, and could be in all senses of the definition.

Just about the only types I could see successfully argued for her are ESE, EIE, and SEE. The fact that she gives relationship advice and wants to "have a close connection to Kelso" is superficial evidence in support for Fi-ego.
    Except I'm not referring to any reasoning of mine, but of the show. You don't have any proof she is an ESFj, or else I would continue a discussion.

Generally not yours in any case.
    You mistake me for unreasonable. You are the one portraying ADD.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Eric: quite of a few of the episodes revolve around him having weird habits and being a coward. Ne type with Se PoLR. INTj. If I properly recall Logos' picture, this guy looks like him. (confirmation?)
    He is probably in my Top 3 list of actors to whom other people say I look similar. Then when I used that online software, in which you would upload photos and it would match you to celebrities with similar facial structures and appearances, Topher Grace was frequently listed.
    Johari Box

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look a bit like Eric myself, although his face is more comical than mine.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see more of a case for ESI than SEE. She is rational, and could be in all senses of the definition.
    She may very well be rational, but that does not justify an ESI typing if her temperament is most certainly not IJ. She is an extratim with a very outwardly focus. She shows little signs of the reserve that can be found in either the IP or IJ temperaments.

Except I'm not referring to any reasoning of mine, but of the show. You don't have any proof she is an ESFj, or else I would continue a discussion.
    You are not making any sense. The reasoning of the show? What does that even mean? I am not making a positive argument that she is ESE. Nowhere in fact in this thread do I say that she is ESE. I said the only three types I could see people make an argument for Jackie are ESE, EIE, and SEE.

You mistake me for unreasonable. You are the one portraying ADD.
    ?
    Johari Box

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast