Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confuzled about meh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Confuzled about meh

Removed by User Request
    Last edited by DeleteMePLOX; 01-23-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Creepy-

Don't know about that, I'm a highly intuitive person. What makes you guys think I'd be sensory? Hell I barely exist in the physical world as is

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ChibiKeba

I think you are INFj. I know exactly what you have written about in your first post. Unfortunately, there are more than a few laughable stereotypes of INFj on this forum. However, I think the two INFjs that still bother to post here would see their minds very strongly reflected in your above post.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Yeah, but I'm just not seeing the in your posts.
    The in INFjs is often not immediately obvious.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like you could really tell from a post...
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say INFp; you remind me nothing of either Darklord nor Curious Soul, both whom I would classify as clear INFjs, Curious Soul being an almost archtypical manifestation of one.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cone, you can tell from the posts.. her (his?) thinking definatly seems more like an irrational P type than an organized J type (although I can write like a J type sometimes...).

Anyway, I agree with Pedro, ISFP (Sensory-ethical Introvert, SEI).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Megan.

ChibiKeba does seem very INFj to me and if not that then INFp. The content of the first post is absolutely nothing like any ISFp would write for sure. To visit Chibikeba site is to see a person involved in a obvious NF type search for meaning and depth. The attraction to the INTj mind was a dead giveaway of INFjness for me.
    Besides, what Chibikeba describes are deeper INFj thoughts that are not often expressed to others that are not close friends. I know those thoughts very very well.

I do not think Darklord is obviously similar to Curious Soul. Chibikeba comes off a bit like Darklord.

The only point on which I would question the INFjness is when s/he describes a "state of seemingly cheerful apathy". INFjs often go around in a state of apathy/obliviousness but I do not think most would describe it as cheerful.

Both Darklord and Curious Soul are male INFjs who are usually quite different from female ones. I think the colorfulness and artistry of the first post might of put people of track a bit. Female INFjs are often like that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rocky

To be honest I do not know any ISFp likely to have any attraction to an INTJ mind as s/he describes. My ISFp sister sure would not, at least not for long, their interests would be too different. INFjs like the INTj mind because there is normally a look-a-like quality to it that feels affirming.

One the socionics site where it was described that INFjs dress in a humble way and then just break out in the latest fashion one day is due to INFj procrastination. The INFj ideal is to dress fashionably all the time it just is easier and more comfortable most times not to do so. Little known fact-INFjs are not like ISFjs, they are a J type but not as disciplined and firm as people imagine. Just ask any INFj about this. INFjs are often big giant procrastinators, Darklord can confirm this.

However like Chibikeba says, it never quite leads to disaster as it does for some other types, because INFjs dread failure more than hell and will work at the last minute to avert it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    @Rocky

To be honest I do not know any ISFp likely to have any attraction to an INTJ mind as s/he describes. My ISFp sister sure would not, at least not for long, their interests would be too different. INFjs like the INTj mind because there is normally a look-a-like quality to it that feels affirming.

On the socionics site where it was described that INFjs dress in a humble way and then just break out in the latest fashion one day is due to INFj procrastination. The INFj ideal is to dress fashionably all the time it just is easier and more comfortable most times not to do so. Little known fact-INFjs are not like ISFjs, they are a J type but not as disciplined and firm as people imagine. Just ask any INFj about this. INFjs are often big giant procrastinators, Darklord can confirm this.

However like Chibikeba says, it never quite leads to disaster as it does for some other types, because INFjs dread failure more than hell and will work at the last minute to avert it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though I've only known one female INFj, I've never found INFjs as a whole to be as gregarious as she appears to be. Is ENFp a possiblility?.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Though I've only known one female INFj, I've never found INFjs as a whole to be as gregarious as she appears to be. Is ENFp a possiblility?.
    The gregariousness in some INFj females is quite often periodic and sometimes only at the start when enthusiasm is high. I think ENFp could be a possibility(we all know of the love ENFps have for INTjs :wink: ). However, I think ChibiKeba has expressed so many subtle things that are only known to another INFj mind or those very close to INFjs that I would stick with INFj for the time being.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not wanting to go to work does not equal P. If I had a practical sort of mindless job that I did not really like, I would not like going to work either and this applies to a lot of people of all types.

ChibiKeba, how do you feel when attention is focused on you?

If you are still in school, did you feel a great desire to be at or near the top of your class.

Creepy-

Huh? I didn't say anything about not wanting to go to work (although admittidly I don't want to ) I was just pointing out that I'm not as gregarious as I may seem online. I think I see where you were getting confused. This symble right here: =P is two eyes and a mouth sticking a tongue out^^ I like emoticons~

Attention, that's kinda confusing for meh. I'm not really used to people paying attention to me unless it's a one on one situation and even then most people just go on talking about themselves. I oftentimes feel myself wanting attention or to be listened to but when it actually happens I get kinda freaked out^^;

I'm not in school right now but when I was I wanted to do the best job that I could, but I've never really been competitive about it with other people. There'll always be someone smarter then me, I just wanna learn as much as possible. Scoring and grades have always been kinda boring to me anyways cause they can never show true intelligence or knowledge. Especially when you consider the way tests are set up and the fact that lots of highly intelligent people are horrible test takers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe you have some INFj like tendencies, however I have to confess that I now think the others were probably right and that you might not be an INFj afterall. Perhaps the INFp socionics type maybe more suitable for you especially since you said you have sometimes tested INFJ in MBTI. Good luck in your finding your type.

http://www.socionics.com/prof/infp.htm

http://www.socionics.com/prof/infj.htm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Megan: Are you saying that sensors don't search for things in life.

... and I know about the whole J/P thing... believe me.

@ Everybodyelse: why do you assume she's intuitive?

... now I'd like to see those test results.

And question: Do you sometimes have dark or twisted visions about things happening, but they often seem to be unfounded? Does this lead to you imagining the worst case senario, like something terrible is happening? Can you become suspecious or worried when there really is nothing to worry about?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She seems really, really bubbly.

But something about her just doesn't make sense.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't trust that test...

Oh, and by the way, your art is very, very awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    She seems really, really bubbly.
    I hope you mean Fe, 'cause that's what I think.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    Okay...just took a test that was over 300 questions long O.o I don't really understand the results or what they mean thou. Here they are:
    http://socion.info/cgi-bin/beta3test...471950689.html
    The test says INFp, Chibi

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Cone! Tis appreciated^-^
    Well, I answered all the questions honestly =/
    Thou admittidly every time I've done something like this people have difficulty placing me and never agree with my test results =P
    The test indicates INFp clearly, and I think that in this case it's probably reliable.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi and welcome Chibikeba .

I also care an awful lot about standing up for the underdog, I don't like to see people being picked on or mistreated.
    Yes I could be like that especialy toward my friends if needed.

Well anyways I often times feel that nobody can ever understand me, sometimes even wonder whether I can
    I feel that way sometimes also. But I think you're and INFP. Just by the way you write it sound like an INFP to me. But that my opinion.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel very strange and eerie when I read Chibikeba's posts. Seems like someone is playing a joke on me.

INFp, me.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Creepy-

asfhdkkajsdsag

Creepy-

Thanks for the welcomes! ^-^
    How interesting dis test be...X3
    So I be an INFP in socionics but an INFJ in MBTI? Why does that test have me as a higher judging then percieving then? And how the heck do ya'll even read the results O.O; Well...I am still a n00b when it comes to this stuff so I really don't know what the Fe and Ni stuff really stands for or means. J-chan wantsta take the test now so I wanna know how to read the results when he finishes up. It'd be neat to see if our two types sync up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    I really don't trust that test...
    What you put in is what you get out ...

http://socion.info/cgi-bin/beta3test...582765943.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    @ Megan: Are you saying that sensors don't search for things in life.
    Hell no Rocky. Of course sensors search for things. I hope you did not get the impression that I think sensors are shallow and unconcerned with personal meaning because I do not. However, I do think certain types become more absorb in certain goals than some other types. For example, becoming wealthy and a corporate mover and shaker tend to be more of a primary over-arching goal for some types more than for others. That does not mean that the others would not like to be wealthy and powerful too in their own way. ChibiKeba's web site and posts gave the impression of a person searching for personal intimate knowledge and significance. Other types search for this too but she just communicated it in a very intuitive ethical way that some people find easy to spot. This is why I think I rightly suspected that s/he was just not a sensor even though her type was not yet confirmed.

One day I will post a list of the 100 top reasons why I love sensors, this might be slightly easier for me than the 100 top reasons I love intuitives, though they are great too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They represent the funcitions...

Intuition of Time, Ni.
    Ethics of Emotions, Fe.
    Space, Si.
    Practical Logic, Te.
    Intuition of Possibilities, Ne.
    Ethics of Relationships, Fi.
    Pressure, Se.
    Systematic Logic, Ti.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clearer explanation please.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are the symbols for saying NiFe, or Introverted Intuition with Extraverted Feeling. That would be the INFP (Intuitive-ethical Introvert) in socionics. Here's a little description of the funcitons for the INFP (IEI):

http://socionics.com/advan/prof/infp.htm

The INFP in socionics is:

MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

afhjkdasf

Creepy-

afhdkadassd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the primary modes thing was to detect Quadra Values (if it needed to be any more complicated, :wink: ).

INFPs value Se and Ti (along with Ni and Fe). Yes, they do have Si and Te, but those are weak functions, so they need Se and Ti to "balance" out their weaker Si and Te functions. This is where the Quadras come in. There are four Quadras; Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta. If your test was right, then you should fall into the Beta Quadra, which has values of Ni, Fe, Se, and Ti. The "values" are made up of your two strong functions as well as the two functions you'd like to have. The Beta Quadra has INFPs (IEIs), ENFJs (EIEs), ESTPs (SLEs), and ISTJs (LSIs) in it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

Wow, there be so much info to take in
    Thanks for trying to explain it to me Rockeh! I'm still pretty fuzzy on all of this thou X.<
    Can't wait till I can get the books for x-mas ;p hopefully they'll set me straight.

Creepy-

no, the primary modes thing does not detect quadra values. it just lists some functions that are detected as being strong and then there's another chart allows you to look at those functions and correlate it to a type. the theory is that the functions that will manifest themselves are the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how the numbers work on the test, but you seem more Si and Fe in the way you communicate. Even you're artwork is more Si. The Ni types seem more detached, think more along the lines of "Baby" or "Artemis".
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, Introverted Sensing is detached from the world. Here's a description:

"In the introverted attitude sensation is definitely based upon the subjective portion of perception. What is meant by this finds its best illustration in the reproduction of objects in art. When, for instance, several painters undertake to paint one and the same landscape, with a sincere attempt to reproduce it faithfully, each painting will none the less differ from the rest, not merely by virtue of a more or less developed ability, but chiefly because of a different vision; there will even appear in some of the paintings a decided psychic variation, both in general mood and in treatment of colour and form. Such qualities betray a more or less influential co-operation of the subjective factor. The subjective factor of sensation is essentially the same as in the other functions already spoken of. It is an unconscious disposition, which alters [p. 499] the sense-perception at its very source, thus depriving it of the character of a purely objective influence. In this case, sensation is related primarily to the subject, and only secondarily to the object. How extraordinarily strong the subjective factor can be is shown most clearly in art. The ascendancy of the subjective factor occasionally achieves a complete suppression of the mere influence of the object; but none the less sensation remains sensation, although it has come to be a perception of the subjective factor, and the effect of the object has sunk to the level of a mere stimulant. Introverted sensation develops in accordance with this subjective direction. A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus. Subjective perception differs remarkably from the objective. It is either not found at all in the object, or, at most, merely suggested by it; it can, however, be similar to the sensation of other men, although not immediately derived from the objective behaviour of things. It does not impress one as a mere product of consciousness -- it is too genuine for that. But it makes a definite psychic impression, since elements of a higher psychic order are perceptible to it. This order, however, does not coincide with the contents of consciousness. It is concerned with presuppositions, or dispositions of the collective unconscious, with mythological images, with primal possibilities of ideas. The character of significance and meaning clings to subjective perception. It says more than the mere image of the object, though naturally only to him for whom the [p. 500] subjective factor has some meaning. To another, a reproduced subjective impression seems to suffer from the defect of possessing insufficient similarity with the object; it seems, therefore, to have failed in its purpose. Subjective sensation apprehends the background of the physical world rather than its surface. The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them. Such a consciousness would see the becoming and the passing of things beside their present and momentary existence, and not only that, but at the same time it would also see that Other, which was before their becoming and will be after their passing hence. To this consciousness the present moment is improbable. This is, of course, only a simile, of which, however, I had need to give some sort of illustration of the peculiar nature of introverted sensation. Introverted sensation conveys an image whose effect is not so much to reproduce the object as to throw over it a wrapping whose lustre is derived from age-old subjective experience and the still unborn future event. Thus, mere sense impression develops into the depth of the meaningful, while extraverted sensation seizes only the momentary and manifest existence of things."
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And who made this test anyways? Did the person who made it at least make a tutorial or something for how to read it? If so where can I find it?
    rmcnew. No, there is no tutorial apart from comments in some posts.

But where does intuition fall in? It would be subjective too I'd imagine and more based on feelings.
    No. Intuition is not necessarily connected to feelings.

A very intuitive person is always asking (even in own mind) "what if -- " and developing whole possible scenarios from that.

A very sensory person is less likely to do that and more likely to say "what's the point in speculating?" if presented with a "what if" scenario.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish there were a more layman terms place to go to or even a socionics for dummies tutorial to explain it in a language I can understand.[/color]
    I think that the main site of this forum - http://the16types.info - is probably still the best place to start, but the problem is that most of the published material on socionics is in Russian.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast