Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Subtypes and Hidden Agenda

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a Base function sub-type has better HA skills, and a Creative function sub-type better suggestive skills.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering that the super-id functions are both unconscious and desired I find it just to apply Jung's notion that the more a person valorizes one the conscious ego functions, the more the unconscious attitude appears in open opposition. Since the strengthening of a information element also leads to the suppression of information elements of the opposite attitude yet same perceptual quality (i.e. / ) It's plausible that an overvalued creative function leads to an equally overvalued mobilizing function considering that both are producing functions and both share rational/irrational attitudes respectively. It ceases to be a subtle desire and emerges almost as a sort of insatiable lust that becomes especially debilitating in prolonged absence. I imagine these would be the following manifestations when the mobilizing function goes unsatisfied.

sub-type = Thoughts of theoretical incompetence and lack of in-depth knowledge of studied conceptual structures.
    sub-type = Feelings of being undesirable or undeserving of deep and meaningful relationships.
    sub-type = A state of mind leaving the individual lethargic or disillusioned to future goals, past experiences and greater meanings.
    sub-type = Sense of being forever tied to stress, and that it'll never be overcome.

Too lazy to finish the rest of them, but you get the jest.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one who has a hard time seeing how uncounscious functions manifest?

Actually the difference between the two subtypes cannot really be described by the functions themselves, rather that the accepting subtype makes less contact with people as the producing subtype does.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    That's interesting to hear. Thanks for your input. I guess this is sort of common sense, right? lol
    Not really; it's actually just his own theory based on, as he says, observation.

Personally I think that subtypes aren't an intrinstic part of the theory, merely a kind of add-on, and that subtypes simply exacerbate what we already know about the normal type: dominant function subtype = weaker dual seeking, creative function subtype = weaker HA. They also seek the functions more actively, though, which I think that can create the superficial impression of what Ashton describes, especially with judging types.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know about socionix though..But I've been reading about ISTP hidden agenda..Seem similar with my description, I've been thinking if I'm an ISTP..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12