Thread: Great LIE speech

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Great LIE speech

Great speech showcasing LIE's -Te base, -Fe/+Fi role, +Ne/-Ni demonstrative, and +Se HA. I will do annotation:

Merovingian: Hmph... I am a trafficker of information, I know everything I can. The question is, do you know why you are here? (+Fi)
    Morpheus: We are looking for the Keymaker.
    Merovingian: Oh yes, it is true. The Keymaker, of course. But this is not a reason, this is not a `why.' ("what's your motivation" +Fi) The Keymaker himself, his very nature, is means, it is not an end, and so, to look for him is to be looking for a means to do... what? (-Te)
    Neo: You know the answer to that question.
    Merovingian: But do you? You think you do but you do not. You are here because you were sent here, you were told to come here and you obeyed. [Laughs] It is, of course, the way of all things. You see, there is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect. (-Te)
    Morpheus: Everything begins with choice.
    Merovingian: No. Wrong. Choice is an illusion (+Ne/-Ni demonstrative), created between those with power, and those without (+Se HA). Look there, at that woman. My God, just look at her. Affecting everyone around her, so obvious, so bourgeois, so boring. But wait... Watch - you see, I have sent her dessert, a very special dessert. I wrote it myself. It starts so simply, each line of the program creating a new effect, just like poetry. First, a rush... heat... her heart flutters. You can see it, Neo, yes? She does not understand why - is it the wine? No. What is it then, what is the reason? And soon it does not matter, soon the why and the reason are gone, and all that matters is the feeling itself. This is the nature of the universe. We struggle against it, we fight to deny it, but it is of course pretense, it is a lie. Beneath our poised appearance, the truth is we are completely out of control. Causality. (-Te) There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the why.'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless. And this is how you come to me, without why,' without power. Another link in the chain. But fear not, since I have seen how good you are at following orders, I will tell you what to do next. Run back, and give the fortune teller this message: Her time is almost up. Now I have some real business to do, I will say adieu and goodbye. (-Te)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lmao who talks like that in real life though. Reading it via text as opposed to listening it on the screen makes me realize just how narcissistic it is and if any guy seriously talked like that in real life they might be arrested. Or just really socially shunned. But good movie. I liked the original Matrix, it was very inspiring. The other ones were a lot darker and somber... but more realistic.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That guy looks too pretty to be the CEO of a pencil company.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Three pages of actual LIE quotes: https://www.moviefanatic.com/quotes/...s/hans-gruber/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post

Sounds like causal-determinist thinking with an inability to appreciate Ne.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    *Kills hans gruber*

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    lmao who talks like that in real life though. Reading it via text as opposed to listening it on the screen makes me realize just how narcissistic it is and if any guy seriously talked like that in real life they might be arrested. Or just really socially shunned. But good movie. I liked the original Matrix, it was very inspiring. The other ones were a lot darker and somber... but more realistic.
    He's a 3w4

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE quotes from LIE Bill Gates:

"If you are born poor it’s not your mistake, but if you die poor it’s your mistake."

"The belief that the world is getting worse, that we can’t solve extreme poverty and disease, isn’t just mistaken. It is harmful."

"When a country has the skill and self-confidence to take action against its biggest problems, it makes outsiders eager to be a part of it."

LIE Jack London:

“I would rather be ashes than dust!
    I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
    I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
    The function of man is to live, not to exist.
    I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
    I shall use my time.”

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Merovingian values the taste of the wine. He values , so can't be his vulnerable function. Not LIE.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he's ESE? Not sure. Regardless, the speech is LIE-Ni to the max.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

real LIE