Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Personality Type and Astrology/Zodiac Signs

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal
    i don't believe that aquarius is extroverted at all. At least, in my case I don't find myself an extroverted person.
    Look at the type descriptions of the star signs. Aquarius is described as an extraverted type and so is every second sign starting from there. But the astrological types have nothing to do with reality. You will find any socionic type in Aquarius. Astrology is nothing but crap of course.

Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    Sagittarius is ENTp
    Pisces is INTp
    Aries is ESTj
    Well, Sagittarius is at least a clearly extraverted sign. But I think the most ENTp sign is Aquarius.

Pisces has many INTp traits. It is clearly an intuitive and introverted type, but in essence Pisces is an ethical type that fits INFx much better than INTp.

Aries is of course also an extraverted sign. Maybe ESTj is close, I don't remember exactly what is said about it in the type descriptions.

Some signs are clearly sensing types, such as Taurus and Capricorn. The most clearly intuitive sign is Pisces, but I think that for example Aquarius must also be characterized as intuitive. Cancer is described as a clearly ethical type, whereas Leo is an extraverted and logical type, in some respects similar to Enneagram type 8.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fucktard is not hyphenated btw

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    I can't believe a joke response is actually making you think about this. -for good measure
    +∞

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at the type descriptions of the star signs. Aquarius is described as an extraverted type and so is every second sign starting from there. But the astrological types have nothing to do with reality. You will find any socionic type in Aquarius. Astrology is nothing but crap of course.
    +1

Also, I note that I'm electric blue storm or something like that in the mayan sign. In fact, it's more accurate than my aquarius sign.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think there's any correlation between astrological signs and ANYTHING. Maybe throwing a bowl of chilli against a wall.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I think Virgo and Libra are IJ, for example. And Gemini is clearly fuck-tard.

LIBRA ? IJ?

No way. I know at least 5 EJ libras, and a few EPs as well

I also know 2 libra EIIs
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    I can't believe a joke response is actually making you think about this. -for good measure
    I can't believe this isn't a joke thread. I thought Joy was brighter than this.

Astrology is completely meaningless and a prime example of the Forer effect and cold reading. You can hand an astrological profile custom made for one individual to anyone and they'll think it was for them. This has been done several times, in fact.
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niveK
    I thought Joy was brighter than this.
    I agree completely.

Joy, what's your IQ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astrology is completely meaningless and a prime example of the Forer effect and cold reading. You can hand an astrological profile custom made for one individual to anyone and they'll think it was for them. This has been done several times, in fact.
    I find astrology interesting psychologically, along with Tarot -- there's a lot of fundamental Jungian symbolism to muck about with. I also believe if something provides one any kind of insight at all, it's not completely meaningless.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    I find astrology interesting psychologically, along with Tarot -- there's a lot of fundamental Jungian symbolism to muck about with. I also believe if something provides one any kind of insight at all, it's not completely meaningless.
    The last time I read my horoscope, it said many opportunities for career advancement would arise at work that month...I was on an archaeological excavation at the time.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    agreed
    astrology and the tarot are also great brainstorming tools. whether one is using it for personal insight, insight into another person, insight into a situation, and even such things as goal planning.

now here i anticipate a few responses that signify the reader (not kitsune) misunderstood what I meant by insight.
    I'm not talking about newspaper horoscopes, etc. I'll give you an example of what I am talking about.

sometimes when you're working on a problem, or trying to create something new, or trying to improve something, whatever, it helps to have an area of focus. This area of focus is where the astrology and tarot tools can help. For example, say I'm having problems with a boss at work, but I don't really know where to start on identifying the problem or brainstorming possible solutions. So I turn to one of the tools, and it suggests somehow (whether through a planet being in a specific house/sign; or a card's meaning) that I look into changing something in the physical realm. So I think about my workplace and see if there's anything physically there that can be changed/altered somehow that might improve my relationship with my boss. Oh, hmmm, he does seem to take issue with my organization skills. Perhaps if I made an attempt to keep the top of my desk cleared of clutter, then he might relax a little more on that side of things. Or maybe he's been stressing out about the placement of the water cooler, believing that it's location is a disaster waiting to happen. Maybe I can help relieve some of his stress if I can find a better place to put the water cooler. etc etc.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Astrological Sign and Socion Type

I'm not usually big on astrology, but the other day I got to thinking about the depths of determinism. I started to think about how certain gravitational forces and light patterns could alter perception of reality(meaning different alignments of the planets and galaxies). Post your astrological sign and your socionics type if you can, I want to see if there is some type of prevalent correlation. I'll start off.

I'm INTj and my astrological sign is Aries.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Creepy-Cyclops

I believe Jung himself discredited a connection after an extensive investigation.

There is however a clear scientific link between an individuals birth month and certain physical and mental afflictions.

The results of this thread, connecting astrology to type will be..inconclusive.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    wouldn't differences in planetary motions and other celestial bodies affect us all equally?

a better question is whether planetary phenomena affect different parts of the world differently.

also, I'm probably ENTp and my astrological sign is gemini.
    Well birth is probably the most prevalent moment in the history of a person's development. And while a individual probably makes evaluations while in the womb, birth kind of marks the beginning of the stereotypical world or development. Its when a person makes their first stereotypes and assumptions of the outside world beyond the womb. Maybe at that exact moment gravitational forces and light phenomenon could affect the development of an individual. Existence is kind of like the butterfly effect. Even in the womb, every movement or sound that a child experiences could have large changes on that individuals development.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I believe Jung himself discredited a connection after an extensive investigation.

There is however a CLEAR link however between *birth* month and certain physical and mental afflictions.

The results of this thread, connecting astrology to type will be..inconclusive.
    Yea its probably going to be inconclusive, but its worth a shot anyways.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astrology is for retards. Even if I was a female +++ SEE, I wouldn't follow it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if there was some deterministic link between astrology & happenings on earth, the link would be so subtle we could not in a million years wrap our minds around it.
    Besides that, there isn't. I mean, before you look to the sky, why not look at earth. Are our destinies written in the formations of the continents?! Or maybe look at your immediate environment. Hey, is my destiny written in those hills over there?! Or wait, even better. Look at the room you're in! It works!

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well I'm not a big proponent of astrology, I mean a lot of its projections sound like a pseudoscience. Its not something that is totally impossible though. Planetary alignment HAS to have some effect(even if it is a small one) on a person's development. Everything kind of puts its print on everything. If I were to drop a small piece of dirt on the ground, that dirt would affect everything. The air would an extremely slight shift, everything would change ever so slightly. Gravitational forces would shift somewhat. Even behavioral pattens would change.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    Even if there was some deterministic link between astrology & happenings on earth, the link would be so subtle we could not in a million years wrap our minds around it.
    Besides that, there isn't. I mean, before you look to the sky, why not look at earth. Are our destinies written in the formations of the continents?! Or maybe look at your immediate environment. Hey, is my destiny written in those hills over there?! Or wait, even better. Look at the room you're in! It works!
    Well the idea behind it is that, especially in behavioral ideologies and especially around the birth period, the smallest things could have the largest impacts. We haven't even came close in scientific study to understanding behavioral developments. Vibrations, sounds coming from billions of miles away, everything could have HUGE implications on brain and behavioral development. I mean life is basically a learning experience. Everything that we are, even if it is physical, is still learned. We even learn our physical imperatives. We learn what our DNA projects. Tabula Rasa. We begin from blank. And don't take me wrong, I'm not discounting the possibility of a soul, though I myself am not religious.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As previously stated, the effect you're referring to is probably so small you couldn't wrap your mind around how inconsequential and meaningless it is... for that reason, it does not need to be discussed. On an equal note, we could discuss the effect me typing this may have on global economics

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It was proved ages ago that your astrological type has nothing to do with your personality.

The length of the gestation period isn't a constant for one thing, so a baby may be born under a different sign due to an induced pregnancy or whatever...it doesn't mean that their personality is suddenly altered.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who proven it?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    It was proved ages ago that your astrological type has nothing to do with your personality.
    Well it can't have "nothing" to do with personality. It has to have some effect.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just took a piss and flushed. I think that probably has some effect on your personality. I'll get back to you with the specifics

Creepy-Cyclops

@crazedrat, birth month does make some things more likely for an individual, as I touched on earlier.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah thanks for "touching on that" .... unfortunately for you that doesn't suggest anything about astrology. That tendency is minor from what I've read, and could be related to seasons, & the effect they have on the mothers behavior while nursing (amount of exercise she receives.. what she eats, her mental & emotional tendencies)... or to social cycles & or traditions like... partiers on spring break. even something specific and silly like "more outgoing people like to fuck during the summer" ... Maybe in utero babies are more likely to develop certain infections during winter? ... many different possibilities
    k?
    The most unlikely scenario I can think of is "it is written in the stars".
    Anyway, what about hillology? The study of the hills in your surrounding area and their affect on your personality?
    It's my new field of study. I think I'm gona write a paper on it later

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    Yeah thanks for "touching on that" .... unfortunately for you that doesn't suggest anything about astrology.
    Why is this unfortunate for me?
    That tendency is minor from what I've read, and could be related to seasons, & the effect they have on the mothers behavior while nursing (amount of exercise she receives.. what she eats, her mental & emotional tendencies)... or to social cycles & or traditions like... partiers on spring break. even something specific and silly like "more outgoing people like to fuck during the summer" ... Maybe in utero babies are more likely to develop certain infections during winter? ... many different possibilities
    k?
    What is it you've read?
    The most unlikely scenario I can think of is "it is written in the stars".
    Ok
    Anyway, what about hillology? The study of the hills in your surrounding area and their affect on your personality?
    I haven't heard of hillology, it would be interesting if you elaborate on this also.
    It's my new field of study. I think I'm gona write a paper on it later
    (There is a pun there with the word field.) What are your previous study topics? Elaborate on these too.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Each zodiac constellation has a month each or thereabouts, even though the constellations are not evenly spaced out in the sky. Also, the constellations have become increasingly out of sync with the yearly cycle ever since astrology was first dreamt up, and so the date you are born cannot possibly correspond to the constellation originally attached to that date.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Each zodiac constellation has a month each or thereabouts, even though the constellations are not evenly spaced out in the sky. Also, the constellations have become increasingly out of sync with the yearly cycle ever since astrology was first dreamt up, and so the date you are born cannot possibly correspond to the constellation originally attached to that date.
    Thats a real good point. We need an astronomer on this forum so we can figure out how the constellations were.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

With the exception of the Sun, the stars are so far away that the gravitational field of the International Space Station would have more of an effect on personality than the constellations.

Creepy-Cyclops

With the exception of the Sun, the stars are so far away that the gravitational field of the International Space Station would have more of an effect on personality than the constellations.
    What about all the frappa rays?

Although I would like a discussion on the affects of string theory and gravity and how the affects *could* be almost instantaneous in terms of traversing distances of light years (or rather someone to explain it to me lol)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thats impossible to know. Gravity is dependent on a relative point. When things are in space and we assume that they are approaching a state of a vacuum, we are just assuming that there is no constellation pull from something outside of the scope of our view of space. You have a bunch of variable that calculate into what a vacuum really is. We assume that the universe is expanding. How do we even know that a vacuum exists? How do we not know if the universe isn't matter upon itself? How do you know whether or not the universe exerts its own gravity onto its contents. What is motion? When we move how do we know that its not that we are in suspense and the universe is actually moving? What is matter? Everything is dependent on a relative point. How do you not know that the mind is autonomous to this? I mean if the human mind begins in a blank state, maybe it learns to conform to the laws of physics within our universe. Maybe at a time before we learn to conform to the universe, we are able to actually feel something abstract, something uninterpretable in our current state. Maybe we are able to feel the other dimensions. Maybe we are connected to everything and then slowly we begin to conform to our dimensional shift. Maybe some alternate dimension is influencing our ideologies. Any ideology is speculative. Anything is possible. Until we solve everything, we know nothing. Maybe existence entirely is based on a dimensional basis. Maybe we exist, but when we become a zygote we are pulled or we learn to conform to this dimension. There all our thoughts begin to conform to the laws of physics. We learn about our dimension. What is death? What is life? Maybe death is when we expand beyond our dimension. Maybe thought is stupidity, and the absence of thought is truth. I mean thought is directly dependent on our dimension.

On another note, the mind is an interesting thing, and we have absolutely no idea as to everything that influences it.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Tapping a teaspoon against the forehead of a pregnant women is unlikely to have any effect on the personality of the baby, on the grounds of common sense.

The nearest star other than the Sun is very far away, and is even more unlikely to have an effect on the baby.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tapping a teaspoon against the forehead of a pregnant women is unlikely to have any effect on the personality of the baby, on the grounds of common sense.

The nearest star other than the Sun is very far away, and is even more unlikely to have an effect on the baby.
    How do you know? Common sense isn't proven its assumed.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    How do you know? Common sense isn't proven its assumed.
    I think it was obvious I was taking the piss. There have been millions of studies about the effect of various things on unborn children, and most of them have studied far more significant things than far away stars.

One report recently disproved the notion that drinking eight glasses of water (e.g. rather than seven) a day was beneficial to the health. Do you think a far away star is actually going to have any effect on personality?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think it was obvious I was taking the piss. There have been millions of studies about the effect of various things on unborn children, and most of them have studied far more significant things than far away stars.

One report recently disproved the notion that drinking eight glasses of water (e.g. rather than seven) a day was beneficial to the health. Do you think a far away star is actually going to have any effect on personality?
    Reports are statistical jargon. They predict things with certainty and they definitely do not account for every situation.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=uk

This report came out a few weeks ago. It compares the personalities of 2101 babies born between the 3rd of March 1958 and the 9th of March 1958 in London. This date range is far finer than that given to a star sign, so therefore, you'd expect a particularly high degree of correlation in their personalities.

Well guess what...there wasn't.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    Reports are statistical jargon. They predict things with certainty and they definitely do not account for every situation.
    ffs Hitta!

SubT's been to Mars for a start! This is quite evident on the basis of him using one of his solar system Martian holiday snaps for his avatar. He knows what he is talking about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you were to enter your specific birth data in an astrological chart program, the constellations will be positioned accurately for that time/date/location. Planets, house placements, etc. There's no "drift" of constellations that affects charting in this respect as far as I'm aware.

Astrological "analysis" can be intriguing in a psychological sense, if you're open-minded.

And FWIW, the moon has immediate noticeable affects on the oceans on Earth (ie: tides), so it really isn't too-far fetched to think it'd have some small affect on the 90%+ water-based human body.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=uk

This report came out a few weeks ago. It compares the personalities of 2101 babies born between the 3rd of March 1958 and the 9th of March 1958 in London. This date range is far finer than that given to a star sign, so therefore, you'd expect a particularly high degree of correlation in their personalities.

Well guess what...there wasn't.
    Doesn't mean that it doesn't shape their personality in some way.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast