Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    this guy is NF, or maybe this could be a job opportunity for Heretic 007. I would let an ILE read my cards.
    As I was reading my daily, weekly, monthly and yearly horoscopes while drinking homeopathic booze and noticing enticing inconsistencies I looked at the video and said: "DUDE, your energy totes vibes similarly with my fresh poo!" As a matter a fact my poops are usually IEX types.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This Does Not Compute – ILE. We all have our unique windmills...
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure that many ILE worked for The Onion a couple of years ago...

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    I've got the same mindset, but I'm less talkative.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Chudo Tehniki - ENTP

This Does Not Compute - mb INFP

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you know this guys name? I'm thinking about adding him to my ILE list because of his appearance, but he might be too unknown.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

do you know this guys name? I'm thinking about adding him to my ILE list because of his appearance, but he might be too unknown.
    Nope...
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Natalya Kachanova - ISFP

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe ILE

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE
    Yeah, I agree with you. She is already typed here in an other thread. So... double confirmation.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Simone Giertz - ISFP

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe ESE

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE (or LIE)

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you. She is already typed here in an other thread. So... double confirmation.
    I would like to browse through this thread but every page takes an eternity to load because of all the videos...

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to browse through this thread but every page takes an eternity to load because of all the videos...
    Yeah, same for me, the vast number of embedded video clips result in high CPU usage and huge RAM consumption on our PCs.

And this board seems to run on server hardware components that are from last decade.
    Ok, that's just my impression...

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And this board seems to run on server hardware components that are from last decade.
    Ok, that's just my impression...
    Ah overclocked my raspberry Pi 4: at 2 GHz CPU and 620 MHz GPU (+ huge aluminium heat sink case and 12 V DC old PC case fan) @15 W it seems to be capable and network seems to be the largest bottleneck.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah overclocked my raspberry Pi 4: at 2 GHz CPU and 620 MHz GPU (+ huge aluminium heat sink case and 12 V DC old PC case fan) @15 W it seems to be capable and network seems to be the largest bottleneck.
    Let me guess, without the video I posted about the Raspberry Pi 4 a few weeks ago you'd never come up with that idea.

The main problem with a Raspberry Pi as web server isn't the CPU, the bottlenecks for that specific application are insufficient RAM size and slow I/O data transfer to the media the OS is running from & the swap partition.

...and now please... back to the main track again.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Let me guess, without the video I posted about the Raspberry Pi 4 a few weeks ago you'd never come up with that idea.

The main problem with a Raspberry Pi as web server isn't the CPU, the bottlenecks for that specific application are insufficient RAM size and slow I/O data transfer to the media the OS is running from & the swap partition.
    Nah. I was already looking for it past couple of years. This one just gave proper reason to put my Banana Pi to rest.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

both are LII, and both share a similar mindset, making access to knowledge free for everyone.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it run on an SD card or an external drive? I have a Pi Zero running on an SD card, and I wonder how long the card will last.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Does it run on an SD card or an external drive? I have a Pi Zero running on an SD card, and I wonder how long the card will last.
    It's /boot is on SD card and rest of it is on M.2 via USB3 (just be aware that Rpi 4 has its own software performance kinks and does not have VP9 or AV1 hardware decoding but if can you live with those). However I have successfully run Linux from SD card using x86 laptop in work setting about 0.5 year (and it is now inside my phone and still OK). Sometimes apt got stuck and I had to reboot.
    SD Cards's are not very expensive and you can make backup images.

But corruption might happen and I have definitely seen it happen in few pen drives around 700 bulk. Depends on luck and quality, I guess.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's /boot is on SD card and rest of it is on M.2 via USB3 (just be aware that Rpi 4 has its own software performance kinks and does not have VP9 or AV1 hardware decoding but if can you live with those).
    Ok, we are off-topic and that discussion deserves an own thread...

The development of proper software that unlocks all features of the Raspberry Pi is delayed. So there are some features planned by still not realized to date.
    Booting and runnung the OS from an USB storage device is such a feature.
    The Pi 4 features a faster SD card interface which doubles the data transfer rate compared to the previous models.
    But you'll need a higher speed class of SD card (UHS-I Class 3) to benefit form that.

Another point is the GPU and the supported video codecs. No devices up to date supports AV1 decoding implemented in hardware.
    I guess we'll have the wait for Pi 5 for that feature.

I've read an article in the German magazin for computer science and the experts claim that the Pi4 has a build in hardware video decoder for VP9, but it's not usable right now because software support for it is missing right now.
    According to the said experts, the Pi4 is capable of both hardware accelerated encoding and decoding of H.264 and H.265, as well as JPEG,
    and VP9 decoding only.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carl Friedrich Gauss was most likely LII too.
    read about him today. I think he was an ILI or LIE.

Elon Musk gets typed as ILE in this thread, and I really have to disagree. he values Se way too much to be an alpha NT.

he's imo an ILI with a dominant subtype. I had a brief discussion with Gulenko about his type, but he still thinks that he's an LSI...

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elon Musk gets typed as ILE in this thread, and I really have to disagree. he values Se way too much to be an alpha NT.

he's imo an ILI with a dominant subtype. I had a brief discussion with Gulenko about his type, but he still thinks that he's an LSI...
    He's not Alpha, no. I agree he's likely to be Ni/Se valuing, and that he's likely Gamma quadra. I just skimmed the video, but he VIs ILI, IMO. I could see LSI, but I'd guess ESI before that.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    He's not Alpha, no. I agree he's likely to be Ni/Se valuing, and that he's likely Gamma quadra. I just skimmed the video, but he VIs ILI, IMO. I could see LSI, but I'd guess ESI before that.
    Gulenko argues that Elon Musk comes from a beta family, and that Te in LSI makes them visionaries in the business sphere, and I really question that. I've looked into his family and I would type Maye Musk, his mother, as EIE, so he seems to be right here, but I don't think that it affects Elon's type. I also think that Talulah Riley, one of his ex girlfriends, is an EIE, and judging their interviews together I noticed the huge difference in values. Elon has a huge focus on Te and the future, NiTe just makes the most sense for him.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elon Musk is a LIE. He is too uptight to be an ILI and he constantly attacks the values of the Alpha quadra (namely Si).

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Investigator View Post
    Elon Musk is a LIE. He is too uptight to be an ILI and he constantly attacks the values of the Alpha quadra (namely Si).
    hmm I think it's a valid typing, but watching his interviews, he displays typical characteristics of an introvert = not being focused on reality, zoning out etc. LIE are usually more focused on reality. I also think he openly mentioned several times that he's an introvert (or displays introverted characteristics)

he is also quite sensitive, another characteristic for ILI

his current girlfriend Grimes is an IEI and they both mentioned several times that reality itself is very boring for them

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm I think it's a valid typing, but watching his interviews, he displays typical characteristics of an introvert = not being focused on reality, zoning out etc. LIE are usually more focused on reality. I also think he openly mentioned several times that he's an introvert (or displays introverted characteristics)

he is also quite sensitive, another characteristic for ILI

his current girlfriend Grimes is an IEI and they both mentioned several times that reality itself is very boring for them
    ILI-Te are less likely to have that disdain for reality. That is more up the ILI-Ni’s alley, but we can agree that if he was an ILI, he wouldn’t be one with a strong fixation on Ni (he definitely does not demonstrate that much Ni). I know you dislike the two subtype system, so let’s put this in more normal-like socionics terms. He is a LIE with a fixation on Ni which is the reason for his interest for outlandish scientific theories.

Yes he is an introvert in a societal sense, but he doesn’t shy away from social interaction (though that is the same for me). The biggest reason for me thinking Te is his main function is how manages his workers. For those who work close to him in a physical sense, he overworks them to put it likely. Many of his employees have brought validity this claim. He has a strong hatred for what he considers incompetence and laziness. He said workers need to work 100 hours a week to change the world and he really means that as he complains if this specfic standard is not met. He doesn’t micro manage like LSE’s, but he tries to lead by example. However, if people don’t work like he works he “will” lash out at them. He has been known to give pop quizzes to top officials in his company and if they fail he “will” fire them (goes back to the incompetence thing).

This sort of impulsive behaviour does not match that of an ILI. He is just an introverted LIE.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI-Te are less likely to have that disdain for reality. That is more up the ILI-Ni’s alley, but we can agree that if he was an ILI, he wouldn’t be one with a strong fixation on Ni (he definitely does not demonstrate that much Ni). I know you dislike the two subtype system, so let’s put this in more normal-like socionics terms. He is a LIE with a fixation on Ni which is the reason for his interest for outlandish scientific theories.

Yes he is an introvert in a societal sense, but he doesn’t shy away from social interaction (though that is the same for me). The biggest reason for me thinking Te is his main function is how manages his workers. For those who work close to him in a physical sense, he overworks them to put it likely. Many of his employees have brought validity this claim. He has a strong hatred for what he considers incompetence and laziness. He said workers need to work 100 hours a week to change the world and he really means that as he complains if this specfic standard is not met. He doesn’t micro manage like LSE’s, but he tries to lead by example. However, if people don’t work like he works he “will” lash out at them. He has been known to give pop quizzes to top officials in his company and if they fail he “will” fire them (goes back to the incompetence thing).

This sort of impulsive behaviour does not match that of an ILI. He is just an introverted LIE.
    I guess the problem with the different subtype systems is that people will come to different conclusions depending on the system they're using. the reason why I use the DCNH system is that it has a basis in reality and its dichotomies can be objectively measured. the dominant subtype in gulenko's system has accentuated Te, Se and Fe, and it can imo be observed in Elon Musk. Dominant subtypes are posessed by difficult goals and they want to achieve them, no matter what. a big 5 trait they have is very low agreeableness. if a dominant subtype has an introverted type, the introverted functions get surpressed in favor of activity, that's why they often get mistyped as extroverts. here's an article that describes the four subtypes if you're interested.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p..._Vera_Borisova

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Technozon (Zorronder) - ESFJ

He is just an introverted LIE.
    it's lesser usual when extraverts say themselves as shy. but happens. by dichotomy tests some people may stably get the opposite traits. a behavior mb under the influence of different factors. one of reasons I prefer to use nonverbal for typing. it's not introvertion - a surface and limited behavior changes to lesser common

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jocelyn Bell Burnell - LII

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Jocelyn Bell Burnell - mb ILE

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, NT type anyway. A finer distinction requires extensive research of available data for historic people.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Martin Scholze (a young german mathematician that won the fields medal) - LII

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

She is probably SEI. She reminds me a bit of my ESE sister.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW