Results 1,561 to 1,591 of 1591

Thread: Examples of Socionics Alpha types

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the things that myresearch wrote about how status is a certain perspective and depending on how wealthy you are you are more likely to buy certain things, that reminds me of a video I have seen from Dan Bilzerian (SLE), who voiced something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFjNlvmqsI

@myresearch: are you sure you're not actually an LSI? I never think about these things that you have mentioned, seems Ti+Se to me.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    the things that myresearch wrote about how status is a certain perspective and depending on how wealthy you are you are more likely to buy certain things, that reminds me of a video I have seen from Dan Bilzerian (SLE), who voiced something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFjNlvmqsI

@myresearch: are you sure you're not actually an LSI? I never think about these things that you have mentioned, seems Ti+Se to me.
    LOL, let me say that I don't relate to Dan's lifestyle at all, I wouldn't prefer to live like as he does in any way.

But I agree to what he said on the video. To me thats just life and thats what people do.

Have you spend good amount of time with people who are very below and very above average Alive?

I dont think that you have. Because then, you would see how people would see some stuff as high status that you just think that is average or even sometimes basic/essential, and they think that you are rich because of that, but you would know that you are not.

Then when you see people who are actually rich and when you see that they (not all of them) don't show off, they just live, it is common sense to put yourself in other person's shoes and understand that it is about the amount of money they have, not the status that they want to show off.

EDIT: No, I havent considered LSI because I know my whole life.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    That is your point of view based on the lifestyles that you observed.
    Well sure, but everyone only has access to the information they’ve observed, directly or indirectly.

I didn't say yatch could be seen as low status. I said people can see something as high status when other people see it as low status. Just consider xyz brand model car that is not high end.

Some people have a great amount of money and it is not too much to spend for them.
    I apologize for misinterpreting then. But no matter how much money you have, buying a yacht is still likely to be done for status concerns for the reasons I mentioned — they don’t tend to be used often enough to justify the purchase on the grounds of their utility.

Yes, multi-millionaire LII can also buy a yatch, or they may not. Ofcourse, LII would be different than SEE. However, you seem to think that yatch is status symbol independent from the amount of wealth and lifestyle.

Besides, you know an average house cost more than a car, right?
    I do think it’s a status symbol, yes. Even if money is absolutely nothing to you, it does take considerable effort to buy a yacht, figure out where to keep it, pay insurance on it, and remove it from storage whenever you want to use it. If you just want to go sailing on a yacht sometimes it’s probably easier to rent or borrow one.

And re. houses, sure, but that goes without saying.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I do think it’s a status symbol, yes. Even if money is absolutely nothing to you, it does take considerable effort to buy a yacht, figure out where to keep it, pay insurance on it, and remove it from storage whenever you want to use it.
    I get a headache from even thinking about all that stuff.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1077 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The wealthiest LIIs I know are a couple who have no kids but have a beautiful custom designer house on either 40 or 80 acres, I can't remember which. She is a Pfizer chemist and he works for the university in some capacity in IT, and he used to be a chemist. Both have PhD's. I can't remember what cars they drive. Something nondescript.

She has Chinese ancestry and looks like an inscrutable scholar. He might have German ancestry and looks like he hasn't cut his hair or beard since 1200 AD.

After they got established in their new house, the guy came over to see my toys and then he bought a few similar things for himself. One thing he bought which puzzled me was a backhoe. It's either a backhoe or some other kind of construction machine. It has a diesel engine and is yellow and looks like a miniature dinosaur and I asked him why in the world he wanted to buy that.
    He said he uses it to clear the snow off his long driveway, but he really got it because it's useful for picking up big rocks. Which he seems to do a lot. His driveway has these big rocks set on either side of it, all along its length.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a boat. I suspect that he might have an exotic beer collection somewhere in that house.
    The house is very large and airy and is all white surfaces and windows and walls at odd angles. I like it, but it's not a "warm" house.

If you call them and they don't pick up, you hear the following message:

Him: "Hi! I'm Kurt!"
    Her: "and I'm Kathy..."
    Both together: "And We're a Recording!"
    Him: "We can't get to the phone right now,"
    Her: "But if you'd like to leave a message"
    Both together: "We'll call you back as soon as we can!"
    ....Beeeeep.

Clearly, two e5's.

They are a nice couple, but just a bit odd.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-31-2021 at 01:07 AM.

TIM
    EIE-H (alt SLE-H)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Diane Hennacy Powell maybe ILE. She investigates ESP phenomena. Look at this video where she demonstrates her ‘testing’. Scientific cringe. Michael Persinger, who conducted more serious research on the same topic (this being maybe his most notable research paper) also looked Alpha.

Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well sure, but everyone only has access to the information they’ve observed, directly or indirectly.

I apologize for misinterpreting then. But no matter how much money you have, buying a yacht is still likely to be done for status concerns for the reasons I mentioned — they don’t tend to be used often enough to justify the purchase on the grounds of their utility.

I do think it’s a status symbol, yes. Even if money is absolutely nothing to you, it does take considerable effort to buy a yacht, figure out where to keep it, pay insurance on it, and remove it from storage whenever you want to use it. If you just want to go sailing on a yacht sometimes it’s probably easier to rent or borrow one.
    People who have certain amount of net worth, have more assets that they can control and maintain on their own. There are tools and services for them to manage their assets and maintain them with less effort on their part.

It is also difficult to manage thousands of employees and clients. Again there are tools, methods and services to help that management.

People who a few billion dollars, generally have things that most people consider as a status symbol and luxurious regardless of their socionics type. However, without those items, those people have status anyways.

And re. houses, sure, but that goes without saying.
    The main point of the original argument is that alpha NTs wouldn't own any thing cost more than a car.

People who have billions would have lots of things that cost more than a car.

Human behavior >> Type behavior

Noone would sit on that great amount of money. As humans we only need a roof over our heads, a piece of clothing and some food to fill our stomach. Nevertheless, people who have more money buy things that cost more and more.

The amount of money would have a greater affect on how much people spend money than socionics type. Se ego who earn less than 50 K a year will spend less than Ne ego who earns millions in a month.

Kings lived in luxury, they ruled, they had the authority regardless of their type. They didn't say I don't care and prefer to live in another way.

scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I checked my bank account few months back I got cable internet connection, bought a laptop, bought used PC and new 4k monitor. I think it ends here. It was quite necessary upgrade regrading my hobbies.

But I have driver's license because folks at home paid it for me and I was practically forced to get it. I still do my best to avoid owning a car. What if they bought me a car? I think I might possibly have one. It is in habits. For example I just find 768p monitor just too cumbersome these days.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

TIM
    ESI-Fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    When I checked my bank account few months back I got cable internet connection, bought a laptop, bought used PC and new 4k monitor. I think it ends here. It was quite necessary upgrade regrading my hobbies.

But I have driver's license because folks at home paid it for me and I was practically forced to get it. I still do my best to avoid owning a car. What if they bought me a car? I think I might possibly have one. It is in habits. For example I just find 768p monitor just too cumbersome these days.
    I wear socks with holes in and worn down soles until I receive (tried and tested) recommendation for a cobbler and am essentially handheld to the shop...

need reassurance that I'll get improved favourite boots back and that the parting ways and unfamiliar footwear in the meantime is worth the wait.

Time for me to grow up, but in a different way huh I see the point you are making, I think. re: priorities (?)

TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Teenager ILE female seems to be good case of ADHD Ne variety.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alpha SF?
    Yeah, i think he is ESFj
    Last edited by asd; 04-04-2021 at 05:31 PM.
    C-EII-1Ne | 4w5 - 9w1 - 6w5 sx/so | INFP | ELFV
    Pinterest

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post

alpha SF?
    Yeah, i think he is ESFj
    I think he is definitely S, but I dont see enough Fe, what makes you think that he can be Fe ego?

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is definitely S, but I am not getting enough Fe, what makes you think that he can be Fe ego?
    what type do you think he is then? I think Ej by non-verbal and body language and Si ego, but not Delta ST. So ESFj.
    Pinterest

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what type do you think he is then? I think Ej by non-verbal and body language and Si ego, but not Delta ST. So ESFj.
    I am not sure. I also think he is j type instead of p. I can see some Si, but that could be demonstrative function. So maybe LSx type.

He seems more logical than ethical. So I don't understand why you think ESE>delta ST.

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure. I also think he is j type instead of p. I can see some Si, but that could be demonstrative function. So maybe LSx type.

He seems more logical than ethical. So I don't understand why you think ESE>delta ST.
    I don't think he has 1D Fe at all. So that would leave LSE or ESE.

and idk for Delta ST, just intuition I guess. why demo Si?

I mean
    I guess LSE could be possible, I dunno, I may mistype some strong Social instinct LSE as ESE or something else. hmm

There was always something about him I found rather attractive even when he played that character on Grey's anatomy
    Pinterest

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he has 1D Fe at all. So that would leave LSE or ESE.
    He may seem emotionally expressive, facial expression wise, in other words, he doesn't have a poker face, but that doesn't leave out 1D Fe to me, especially Fe seeking.

I don't think he is using any F (both Fi and Fe) very efficiently, he seems sound to me, logical. So I don't think he is F type. If you do or someone else thinks so, I am curious why you think that way. Maybe you are seeing something I don't.

and idk for Delta ST, just intuition I guess. why demo Si?
    I am seeing some Si but I am not sure about its position, just sure that it is strong and not ignoring, so it could be demo, but it could also be creative, I have to watch more videos to be sure.

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He may seem emotionally expressive, facial expression wise, in other words, he doesn't have a poker face, but that doesn't leave out 1D Fe to me, especially Fe seeking.
    Actually, I think that's a good reason for him not being 1D Fe, because Fe is intelligent about responsive towards the affective or emotional responses in its environment - and he responds to it well enough. And not the passive sort of response Fe suggestives have but on closer level, like close to that of an equal. I mean, that's not to say it couldn't be role though. Just there's not the power differential that typically tends to exist when someone's suggestive is being activated.

Yeah, it's hard for me rationalize introversion for him, I think he is an extrovert.
    Last edited by asd; 04-04-2021 at 07:28 PM.
    Pinterest

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I think that's a good reason for him not being 1D Fe, because Fe is intelligent about responsive towards the affective or emotional responses in its environment - and he responds to it well enough. And not the passive sort of response Fe suggestives have but on closer level, like close to that of an equal. I mean, that's not to say it couldn't be role though. Just there's not the power differential that typically tends to exist when someone's suggestive is being activated.

Yeah, it's hard for me rationalize introversion for him, I think he is an extrovert.
    There are different representatives of types, that's why there is two sub-system and DCHN. I don't expect Ti-doms to have a poker face, they might have it as Fi-doms can also have it. Being responsive towards the emotional environment or having facial expressions dont exceed the limititations of 1D Fe. LxI types are emotive according to Reinin dichotomies.

I think it is more important to focus on how someone process and use info, rather than looking at their level of sociality etc.

Strong Fe is definitely seem different. They directly control the direction of emotional atmosphere. Since it is a dynamic function, you can generally see that person is more aware of the crowd, cameras in those kind of interviews. Lately I have watched interview videos of Matthew Goode, Ewan Mcgregor. When you see that they don't actually use that much expression or use it more wisely, it becomes easier to differentiate strong Fe (and not ignoring) from low Fe.

Kevin Mckidd seems very static, hence I start to think LSI>LSE for him. Probably C or D type in Gulenko's system. He probably has so first as instinctual stacking.

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are different representatives of types, that's why there is two sub-system and DCHN. I don't expect Ti-doms to have a poker face, they might have it as Fi-doms can also have it. Being responsive towards the emotional environment or having facial expressions dont exceed the limititations of 1D Fe. LxI types are emotive according to Reinin dichotomies.

I think it is more important to focus on how someone process and use info, rather than looking at their level of sociality etc.
    This is what I had talked about in the post you quoted.

Strong Fe is definitely seem different. They directly control the direction of emotional atmosphere.
    I think role Fe does not care about controlling it, but they are able to respond to it that isn't helpless to Fe suggestiveness or 'manipulation' if you will, as LXI could be (you may simply choose to not respond to activation of your dual seeking function too, if you wanted to).

Since it is a dynamic function, you can generally see that person is more aware of the crowd, cameras in those kind of interviews.
    Kevin McKidd seems to do this pretty well.
    Lately I have watched interview videos of Matthew Goode, Ewan Mcgregor. When you see that they don't actually use that much expression or use it more wisely, it becomes easier to differentiate strong Fe (and not ignoring) from low Fe.

Kevin Mckidd seems very static, hence I start to think LSI>LSE for him. Probably C or D type in DarkAngelFireWolf69's system. He probably has so first as instinctual stacking.
    Are you actually seeing Ti>Te in his cognition?
    Pinterest

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I had talked about in the post you quoted.

I think role Fe does not care about controlling it, but they are able to respond to it that isn't helpless to Fe suggestiveness or 'manipulation' if you will, as LXI could be (you may simply choose to not respond to activation of your dual seeking function too, if you wanted to).

Kevin McKidd seems to do this pretty well.

Are you actually seeing Ti>Te in his cognition?
    Yes, I think Ti>Te for him. I think he seems friendly and confident on camera regardless of his type. However, I don't think he is aware and in control as much as strong Fe types.

I tried to think of LSE to give example, right now only Tom Selleck come to my mind.

TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Suggestive seems to be concerned suggestive via role. IMO. Hence T bases are often ritualistic (N bases are reactive for example Ne bases gives a rebuff and so on. F bases make queries, S bases try to get into scheme of things).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestive seems to be concerned suggestive via role. IMO. Hence T bases are often ritualistic (N bases are reactive for example Ne bases gives a rebuff and so on. F bases make queries, S bases try to get into scheme of things).
    And @shotgunfingers swallows
    I make music, and i'm an attempt of writer. If you think i'm being arrogant, just know it's my intention, I do believe i'm better than a lot of people.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1077 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm gonna call her SEI, because 4D Si and not Delta.

Plus, there's Caregiving.

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha SFs love him! https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMemrBvQx/

(sorry it’s a tiktok link)

TIM
    ILE-Ti-H FLEV
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Alpha SFs love him! https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMemrBvQx/

(sorry it’s a tiktok link)
    HAHAHAH a brogrammer of the ILE variety. I have also met SLE brogrammers but they never use glasses.

TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII (Sheldon) has ESE mother (Mary)

Aren't they cute?
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hate the series, and sheldon seems completely obnoxious. I dislike that people think he has the same type as me.

TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I really hate the series, and sheldon seems completely obnoxious. I dislike that people think he has the same type as me.
    Yup that is one way to identify own type. If a person is obnoxious with issues that are very easy to pinpoint he/she could very well be identical.

It is like hearing your own voice from outside sources.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup that is one way to identify own type. If a person is obnoxious with issues that are very easy to pinpoint he/she could very well be identical.

It is like hearing your own voice from outside sources.

I mean he's a fictional character that doesn't really behave like a single type, and I'm usually sympathetic towards other LII because I see the similar ways that we struggle with in life. I find the show and the characters to be really uninteresting, though. (I personally wish people would watch different stuff, just as I think that people should read different books than Harry Potter).

TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I mean he's a fictional character that doesn't really behave like a single type, and I'm usually sympathetic towards other LII because I see the similar ways that we struggle in with in life. I find the show and the characters to be really uninteresting, though. (I personally wish people would watch different stuff, just as I think that people should read different books than Harry Potter).
    Sheldon's character shows huge narcissistic autistic traits. Anyway, those are not in type requirements... one has to type past that.

Well, ILE's let it be fictional or not they say sh*t that is just awkward. Something what I do a lot when I don't guard myself.... Kind of obvious but it just kind of rolls that way.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEI-Fe 694 so/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI-Fe

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940