Thread: Examples of Socionics Alpha types

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    I see. I would still go with SEI for her because her expression is very open, not closed like ESIs.
    She just doesn't seem S enough in the way she carries herself. In every SEI I know, it's completely suffused in the body, regardless of subtype. For her it seems more secondary: http://leeninek.deviantart.com/art/10062013-377087367

As for her expression, I would argue that it's the shape of her lips and some posing to look dreamy. Also I wouldn't necessarily argue ESI over LSE- (my feeling is more towards the LSE end).

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    She just doesn't seem S enough in the way she carries herself. In every SEI I know, it's completely suffused in the body, regardless of subtype. For her it seems more secondary: http://leeninek.deviantart.com/art/10062013-377087367

As for her expression, I would argue that it's the shape of her lips and some posing to look dreamy. Also I wouldn't necessarily argue ESI over LSE- (my feeling is more towards the LSE end).
    So, rational first? That would make some sense.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    So, rational first? That would make some sense.
    that's what i feel!
    however, i might be crazy, so take it with a grain of salt lol.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    ^ nope.

Seems Se/Ni valuing lol.
    Hmm, which type were thinking then? SEE?

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Suedehead

Yeah, that was one of my thoughts. However, I actually really can't tell lol b/c after that I thought- IEE? EIE? SLE? Maybe he *is* alpha and I just don't recognize it! I need to stay away from flash typing in the future.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russian typists typed Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory as LII here (although I've seen him typed a multitude of types before):

serious and playful LII (one person in 2 vids):

this guy they also typed as LII (or the expression in this video as LII's creativity, have trouble understanding the title here):

Last edited by aisa; 06-06-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE (Don Kichot):

ESE (Hugo):

Last edited by aisa; 06-06-2014 at 09:05 PM.

a god that wants to die III - LII

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

CrazyRussianHacker: LII-Ti (courtesy of @Saberstorm)
    asdfjadfjaslkdjfs @ the zombie apocalypse orange candles

Erin Schrode: ESE-Fe sp/so

Anders Trentemøller: LII-Ne so/sp

Justin Cappos: LII(-Ti?) so/sp

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CrazyRussianHacker is at the Antipodes of Justin Cappos, the later one fitting well in LII-Ti archetype.

The russian has a slow and quite variable rythm (irrationality) and hasn't expressed anything that could be remotely associated to conceptualization or systemization. True he's just doing simple experiments, but both LIIs and ILEs would have felt inclined to explain some idea or concept beyond "do X, and Y happens" in the same situation, even if it's not needed.

He's simply a geeky SLI, like McGyver, by the way. Probably Si subtype.
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 06-11-2014 at 06:34 PM.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MensSuperMateriam View Post
    CrazyRussianHacker is at the Antipodes of Justin Cappos, the later one fitting well in LII-Ti archetype.

The russian has a slow and quite variable rythm (irrationality) and hasn't expressed anything that could be remotely associated to conceptualization or systemization. True he's just doing simple experiments, but both LIIs and ILEs would have feel inclined to explain some idea or concept beyond "do X, and Y happens" in the same situation, even if it's not needed.

He's simply a geeky SLI, like McGyver, by the way. Probably Si subtype.
    Yes, this is true. I totally have him as SLI. He reminds me of Cutlery Lover.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Weird Al" Yankovic, Ne-ILE:

Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 06-12-2014 at 09:30 AM.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious about these typings of Anders Trentemøller and Erin Schrode: the first isn't speaking English as a first language and the second is delivering a speech. What parts of the vids makes you think Alpha?
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    I'm curious about these typings of Anders Trentemøller and Erin Schrode: the first isn't speaking English as a first language and the second is delivering a speech. What parts of the vids makes you think Alpha?
    Well I've not put too much attention to these two subjects. From the original four ones posted, the video initial picture of Cappos screams LII so much that watching it is amost unnecessary (~VI), and doing it only confirms it. The guy seems quite archetypal. I also knew about CrazyRussianHacker so I felt the urge to commenting because proposed type no way fits in him.

Taking a second look to the other two, Trentemøller seems merry intuitive at least. His emotions "bubble" from inside, coloring ("formatting") what he's talking in an typical Fe way. Fi emotionality is usually different, more personal, something like expressing the emotional meaning, instead the direct feeling (joy/sadness,anger, etc) that something causes to you. Obviously the two styles can coexist, but in this case the Fe preference seems quite apparent. Also intuitive, self-absorbed in his own mind, his own ideas, which he's trying to picture for the listener. But I'm inclined to say that he's extroverted, not introverted. He does seem quite comfortable in the interview. Yes, he's a musician, a "natural" performer on the stage, but even for them introversion will manifest outside their activities. He gesticulates a lot (hands movement) and he's sit in a relaxed, non tense position. His speech is relatively fast and his rithm is variable, making random pauses for putting in order what he tries to say. Very un-LII, who are much more consistent and direct-to-the-point. I'm inclined to say he's ILE, not LII. No dramastism, positive emotions (alpha>beta). Intemporal ideas: I'm doing/going to do this and this and this... instead what I'm doing will lead to this, cause this impact, has those implications, etc; Ne>Ni, in fact I do not see Ni (ignoring?). So ILE, or EIE as a second option but less likely.

I do not see the girl (Erin Schrode) interesting enough, so I take this as a grain of salt. E is quite evident. Also Fe valuer (look at the way she says "you and you and you"); she express emotions and directs them to the audience, trying to trigger emotional responses in the listeners, so probably Fe dominant. Nothing she has said (at least the random parts I've watched) looks remotely as an abstraction of any kind. Very "soft" way of speaking, do not seem Se veluer. So yes, ESE seems to be her type.
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 06-13-2014 at 09:04 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jamie Anderson - SEI. Favorite yoga poses. Great video for observing physical movements, sensor body type, speech patterns. Love of Ne is obvious. IP temperament very easy to see.

You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaqueline Kennedy is such an enigmatic person because of her desire for privacy. I have seen various typings, but I tend to think she is SEI. Her speech patterns are similar to my SEI sister in law and also Jamie Anderson, above. I don't really see her as an ESI, she is so warm and gentle and caregiving in her demeanor. (I had an ESI grandmother, they are very different from SEIs, trust me.) She also just seems too relaxed for EII, that is not a trait I associate with EIIs at all. In this video, however, her posture is a little stiff, I know she loved relaxing and greatly valued creature comforts (another vote against ESI,) so I tend to think her stiffness is related to her dislike of having to give an interview. Those were more rigid times in a lot of ways, and she was very aware of importance of her position and the pressure of properly performing her role to help her husband.

I will try to find another video of her in a more relaxed posture.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Dumas" (SEI)

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj and ESFj dual conversation
    Benjamin David (LII) and Elena (ESE)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE

Don Damir Stojić at Norval Mladifest 2013 - June 8 - Saturday morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgXBHx8ixn8

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj - Mary Fairfax Somerville

A Scottish science writer and polymath, at a time when women's participation in science was discouraged. She studied mathematics and astronomy, and was nominated to be jointly the first female member of the Royal Astronomical Society at the same time as Caroline Herschel.

Much of the popularity of her writings was due to her clear and crisp style and the underlying enthusiasm for her subject which pervaded them. Somerville's writing influenced James Clerk Maxwell and John Couch Adams. Her discussion of a hypothetical planet perturbing Uranus, in the 6th edition of On the Connexion of the Physical Sciences (1842), led Adams to look for and discover Neptune.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Andrew Marr - ILE

I can't remember if I came up with this typing or someone else did ...I can't find anything on the subject.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Jane Horrocks - SEI, possibly

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mark Miodownik, material scientist who is often on the BBC - I think he might be ESE

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    ILE (Don Kichot):

oh God I'm nothing like this dude!!!

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    whose typings are these?
    no idea, sorry I found it when browsing a Russian forum using a translator when I felt especially curious what the Russian sources look like.
    This page seems to have quite a bit of mistypes, yet at the same time a few quite new typings that seem correct, so I guess like with most VI resources, it can't be fully relied upon...
    I'm not sure, if this is where I found it (but maybe? CLICK), cause I haven't tried browsing the Russian forums since then as the translations come out ridiculously difficult to read...
    There's also this site, which is supposed to be more reliable as it's the source of the tests posted in this thread, yet in their gallery there is i.e. Nicholas Cage typed as ESI, so... that's VI (I do believe there's sth to VI though, but it seems some people look at other traits than the others and so the closest we can get to it being reliable is by observing mannerisms in videos and then maybe catching those mannerisms in photos that are not fully posed, that plus some features especially sth in the eyes (but the last part is less tangible thus leads to disagreements imo)

oh God I'm nothing like this dude!!!
    different subtype maybe? I have trouble seeing you as Fi-PoLR tbh (can't shake off your previous self-typing, cause it felt right to me), but I haven't met you irl, so that's that...
    Last edited by aisa; 08-30-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Jane Horrocks - SEI, possibly

I enjoyed that interview; I had not heard of her. I do not get SEI from her though; she lacks that certain softness and slight reserve I see in SEIs. Instead, she has a very direct way about her. Makes me think ENFj actually, possibly INFp. But I lean to ENFj. That comment about mimicking, how it just has to "come" to her; she cannot "make" it happen, makes me think she is very comfortable with her "N", so she is an N type... [I tend to type by a more holistic sense, from an overall impression based on things I notice intuitively, but that is one detail I can pick out at this time.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I enjoyed that interview; I had not heard of her. I do not get SEI from her though; she lacks that certain softness and slight reserve I see in SEIs. Instead, she has a very direct way about her. Makes me think ENFj actually, possibly INFp. But I lean to ENFj. That comment about mimicking, how it just has to "come" to her; she cannot "make" it happen, makes me think she is very comfortable with her "N", so she is an N type... [I tend to type by a more holistic sense, from an overall impression based on things I notice intuitively, but that is one detail I can pick out at this time.
    I had not watched that video until I read your comment today and got curious.

She does not remind me of any of my IP friends. She does lack that reflective equality and softness.

I could see her as ENFj. I agree about the directness. A few of her remarks were things that I could say about myself. The mimicking thing is one of them actually. And yes, it has to come to me, I can't manufacture it, and like her, I am VERY proud of myself when I am able to mimic someone. There are other similarities but I can't write about them because I have to go clean out the garage now.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I had not watched that video until I read your comment today and got curious.

She does not remind me of any of my IP friends. She does lack that reflective equality and softness.

I could see her as ENFj. I agree about the directness. A few of her remarks were things that I could say about myself. The mimicking thing is one of them actually. And yes, it has to come to me, I can't manufacture it, and like her, I am VERY proud of myself when I am able to mimic someone. There are other similarities but I can't write about them because I have to go clean out the garage now.
    yes I can see EIE now that it has been mentioned

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Dave Matthews is SEI

Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't normally type but pretty sure about these 4.

Zhao Wei, Faye Wong, Tony Leung

Zhao Wei - SEI or ESE, Faye Wong - SEI, Tony Leung - LII

Nicolas Tse

"I'm just another kid with big dreams...."

ILE-Ti

I kinda of got my semi-confirm when Faye and Nicolas Tse got back together in the last year. Faye could be SLI.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Lifestyle/...ll-over-again/

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    Nicolas Tse

"I'm just another kid with big dreams...."

ILE-Ti
    Would love to work for this guy! Best boss ever!

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Would love to work for this guy! Best boss ever!
    ILE's can be kinda of magic.

Ted Turner would be a American version of him(much more successful), however this guy is younger than me, differences in some things but very similar mentality in how to run a business. TNT/CNN/Cartoon Network/etc was all under the auspice of Ted Turner. Would not be surprised if he's king of all media in China within 20-30 years.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariah Carey - Up Out My Face ft. Nicki Minaj
    ESE and SEI

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

LII-ESE duals?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Killua (LII, white-haired child) and Gon (ESE, black-haired child).

I wouldn't say that these scenes are emblematic of ESE/LII dynamics (except 4:35 in the first video) but I can't find the scenes on YouTube that I want to find, so have these instead.
    Last edited by yifflord; 10-29-2014 at 02:55 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

This commentator just feels alpha to me. I am not sure if I am good at spotting alphas. I am not getting a gamma vibe.

Edit: "Supernatural" spoilers for those who watch.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast