TIM
    IEI, INFJ, 4w3, sxsp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    No she is IEI.
    @Suedehead I'm pretty sure this gal is a gamma; ESI (who seem to get mistaken a lot for IEI's). Being an IEI myself, I think she is super adorable, but we're not actually that similar : )

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fight fight fight.

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've suggested him before in a previous thread, but I think the actor Peter Lorre was a SEI (either that or an IEI):

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsKade View Post
    @Suedehead I'm pretty sure this gal is a gamma; ESI (who seem to get mistaken a lot for IEI's). Being an IEI myself, I think she is super adorable, but we're not actually that similar : )
    Why ESI as opposed to SEI? We seem to 'vibe' similarly, which is why I posted her,

TIM
    IEI, INFJ, 4w3, sxsp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    Why ESI as opposed to SEI? We seem to 'vibe' similarly, which is why I posted her,
    @Suedehead IMO she is not nearly expressive enough to be an SEI. Even shy SEI's use their hand a lot and their faces light up when they talk. She's too serious to me. I have a friend who is ESI and they are almost identical.

Here's a video of a girl who I'm pretty positive is SEI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j-Gd...F8yFarK8wZbHog. I also have a hunch that Tyler Oakley is either SEI or ESE if you know who he is : )

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Suedehead IMO she is not nearly expressive enough to be an SEI. Even shy SEI's use their hand a lot and their faces light up when they talk. She's too serious to me. I have a friend who is ESI and they are almost identical.

Here's a video of a girl who I'm pretty positive is SEI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j-Gd...F8yFarK8wZbHog. I also have a hunch that Tyler Oakley is either SEI or ESE if you know who he is : )
    Aren't ESI's and Se-ego's in general a bit...rougher?

TIM
    IEI, INFJ, 4w3, sxsp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't ESI's and Se-ego's in general a bit...rougher?
    I'm not sure what you mean. I think ESIs can be very stubborn, or they could still be passive aggressive...It could be more enneagram-related though. She says she's an ISFP, and that seems right to me (ESI in Socionics). My bff is also an SEI and she is much more dynamic and louder and more expressive than this girl (her static counter-part), which is why I believe she is an ESI. Hope that makes some sense?? haha

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Brian Cox, ILE

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think the British Secretary of State for Education, Michael Gove may be an example of ILE that isn't too obvious...(but that may be because he's a different type )

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She reminds me of @TheWholeEnglish both look and the way she speaks (listen to her voice going up at the end of sentences and the "shy-ish" fragile tone of voice.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't think the video you posted is a SEI. She's like...ESE like imho, maybe IEE even. meh

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    She reminds me of @TheWholeEnglish both look and the way she speaks (listen to her voice going up at the end of sentences and the "shy-ish" fragile tone of voice.
    Oooohhhhhhh myyyyyyy ggggoooooddddd sssshhhhheeeeee taaaaallllkkkssss soooooo sloooooooooooowwwwww....

Also, she does that thing where she's like "blahblahblah person told me blahblah-personal experience and how it 'resonated in her life"

She's sweet and sensitive. I resent the comparrison, Mr. Lucifer.

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She seems a bit too victimy or infantile to be SEI. Remember that the SEI is a caregiver type.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Suedehead My sister in law is an SEI and this character, Jane Bennet, in the 2005 movie Pride and Prejudice is so much like her. tumblr_lqefc4sDsx1qi70w1o1_500.jpgjane-bennet.jpgJane-jane-bennet-14872422-1200-750.jpgUnfortunately, I found few movie clips of this character, but in this scene she is being visited by someone after a year's separation. She contributes as much to the dialogue as my sister-in-law would. But she conveys so much with her demeanor. She is very gentle, but has an underlying strength If the link doesn't work, just copy and paste this http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-XqK...gbourn_part_2/
    Last edited by Iris; 04-15-2014 at 08:11 PM.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

seems more EII than anything, she reminds me of the woman in this video: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post994965 I was going to comment on the semblance with @TheWholeEnglish but I see Refi has gotten to it already

Quote Originally Posted by Whoobie77 View Post
    How does that make him beta? The topic of this video that you posted "whatever experience you need is the one you're having at the moment" is something that comes out of EII philosophical arsenal. It phases out the need to move on forward and actively create one's own experiences, replacing it with a passive expectation and acceptance the conditions that life has provided you with, meanwhile making yourself believe that this is the best possible outcome. If anything this mantra was designed to alleviate the worries of Si h.a. : "Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment." - Eckhart Tolle, type EII - a condensed version of what Tyler is saying in that video and not representative of beta pov.

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fazj67F6WkA

she looks ESE alright, but he VI's IEI to me, nothing remotely resembling LII that I see in the way he looks, speaks and moves and what he speaks...
    Strange, because he looks a lot like an LII guy I used to work with. If you watch them together, there are a couple of instances when he acts like he needs help much unlike an IEI and she rushes to aid him. Around 1:15 she says that it was so easy for them to get together that she was a bit startled by it. This is a very common 'complaint' in dual relations - an expectation of there being more barriers and difficulties to overcome, followed by slight surprise at the naturalness and ease - but this would be an unusual account of supervision.
    Last edited by silke; 04-15-2014 at 11:41 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    How does that make him beta? The topic of this video that you posted "whatever experience you need is the one you're having at the moment" is something that comes out of EII philosophical arsenal. It phases out the need to move on forward and actively create one's own experiences, replacing it with a passive expectation and acceptance the conditions that life has provided you with, meanwhile making yourself believe that this is the best possible outcome. If anything this mantra was designed to alleviate the worries of Si h.a. : "Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment." - Eckhart Tolle, type EII - a condensed version of what Tyler is saying in that video and not representative of beta pov.
    That so perfectly describes the EII mindset. This philosophical resignation has occasionally caused me to mistake some of them for IPs, especially SEIs. But they are not sensors, they cope less well with the environment than SEIs.

Also, that attitude of resignation often goes against my Beta attitude of we can fix this, let's push really hard to make a change. So it has been a source of friction in a few of my relationships with EIIs. But I have to hand it to them because in hard times, they are really good at accepting their fate with grace.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems more EII than anything, she reminds me of the woman in this video: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post994965 I was going to comment on the semblance with @TheWholeEnglish but I see Refi has gotten to it already.
    You guyz???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange, because he looks a lot like an LII guy I used to work with. If you watch them together, there are a couple of instances when he acts like he needs help much unlike an IEI and she rushes to aid him. Around 1:15 she says that it was so easy for them to get together that she was a bit startled by it. This is a very common 'complaint' in dual relations - an expectation of there being more barriers and difficulties to overcome, followed by slight surprise at the naturalness and ease - but this would be an unusual account of supervision.
    well, firstly I may be wrong of course and I haven't watched the show cause it's US based, so I saw only a few youtube clips of him with her. What makes me think IEI was sth in his eyes and facial expressions, some of the movements. The only IEI male I knew irl was raised by a LII male so Idk how much of this can be due to this sponge-like chameleon quality that I've read IEIs are supposed to have (but even writing this seems like a far fetched idea).
    When it comes to need of help - sometimes everyone needs it and IEIs are "victims" and I've seen IEI acting in need of help, although the IEI was quite a strong person in general.
    In general - (assuming this is ESE and IEI) they'd share Fe and Ti... given the show where they met was weird imho and there she was romancing some guy who people supposedly typed EII and they had some communication issues (I don't mean huge arguments, just not being on the same page especially when it comes to feeling/expressing feelings - possibly Fe/Fi), she might just as well be happy to find someone who uses similar emotional expression (Fe) and patterns of thinking (Ti). I know one married couple in a supervision relationship (different types, but female is supervisee, male supervisor). It's not so rosy anymore after a few years (and she seems to be getting visibly stifled), but initially she was acting/reporting in pretty much similar words when it comes to how good she feels with him. I wouldn't associate feeling good in the beginning of the relationship with being duals. I don't think duals are the only people who can feel good together especially in the initial phase of the relationship when the brain chemistry is quite special. And by the initial phase I mean roughly first 2-3 years, especially if the relationship is moving forward and decisions of life together are being made adding more excitement to the picture.

In the end, like I said, I may be wrong, we all could, cause this is typing some strangers, a lot of it by VI, while they're "half-celebrities" and no "reality" show or interview is going to be as real as spending some time with them in real life...
    Last edited by aisa; 04-16-2014 at 07:55 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Rudd, SEI.

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does that make him beta? The topic of this video that you posted "whatever experience you need is the one you're having at the moment" is something that comes out of EII philosophical arsenal. It phases out the need to move on forward and actively create one's own experiences, replacing it with a passive expectation and acceptance the conditions that life has provided you with, meanwhile making yourself believe that this is the best possible outcome. If anything this mantra was designed to alleviate the worries of Si h.a. : "Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment." - Eckhart Tolle, type EII
    man this is creepy insightful. have many +1s
    +1 +1 +1

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj-ESFj dual couples

Desiree Hartsock (ESE-Fe) & Chris Siegfried (LII) from The Bachelorette S9

Great example! @aisa He vibes more IJ than IP to me. It is interesting to watch with the sound off. His movements are precise in a way that I associate with IJs. At one point she is talking and you can see his face up close. He responds to her Fe in a way that I dont think an IEI would. When they walk together you can see her physical confidence contrasting with his more careful movement.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Great example! @aisa He vibes more IJ than IP to me. It is interesting to watch with the sound off. His movements are precise in a way that I associate with IJs. At one point she is talking and you can see his face up close. He responds to her Fe in a way that I dont think an IEI would. When they walk together you can see her physical confidence contrasting with his more careful movement.
    hmm what you write about his face from close up is interesting when it comes to Fe reaction, I still can't see him as LII at this point though just yet, but I've watched a few more videos and I'll take a step back from saying that he is not one.

what do you think about him in this video?

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh I thought he could be EII (but in that case LII would be extremely close!)

Mostly b/c his facial expressions seem more suffused than an average LII's, although that could be due to being in the presence of strong Fe. But they don't always seem directly related to her emoting (LII's seem to tend to have a knee-jerk reaction to Fe, where they very suddenly burst into a smile, whereas his expressions feel more constant and self-controlled.) He also gives off less "goofy" vibes than the avg LII for some reason- as if, if I were speaking to him, I wouldn't know how to make him laugh.

But again, none of this evidence is substantial, and I'm not sure that he isn't LII at all.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does that make him beta? The topic of this video that you posted "whatever experience you need is the one you're having at the moment" is something that comes out of EII philosophical arsenal. It phases out the need to move on forward and actively create one's own experiences, replacing it with a passive expectation and acceptance the conditions that life has provided you with, meanwhile making yourself believe that this is the best possible outcome. If anything this mantra was designed to alleviate the worries of Si h.a. : "Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment." - Eckhart Tolle, type EII - a condensed version of what Tyler is saying in that video and not representative of beta pov..
    I have my doubts that Tolle is EII. But regardless, from this video we can see that Cook is a Dynamic and not a Static. Great, that narrows him down to Si or Ni. Well, first off, is Cook describing the situation with sensoric information? No, he talking about underlying spirits, which is reminiscent of the communication styles of say, Jung and Hegel, two other Ni users imo. Next, he's talking about power dynamics, "he's playing to win". Se/Ni users value the appraisal of power dynamics in this way, while Si/Ne users do not. Finally, at the beginning of the video, he talks about "becoming the best possible version of yourself". This is straight up Se/Ni language. I'll cite if you want me to (otherwise I'm too lazy), but there are resources which state that Judicious types be who they are unabashedly, while Decisive types become who they want to be. I think there are merits too both styles, but I think this is an outlook of a Decisive.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Brian Cox, ILE

actually, he's LII, but at least we agree he's Alpha!

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Paul Rudd, SEI.

Ok, I would agree to being supervised by him.

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Clearly View Post
    actually, he's LII, but at least we agree he's Alpha!
    You're entitled to your opinion, Adjudicator

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by IBTL; 04-25-2014 at 05:36 PM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thomas Jefferson, our founding father, whose need for total freedom left his mark on the entire world!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Socioniko has\had Lafayette and Rosalynn Carter as ILEs, which would be interesting examples.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead I am the one
    Exterminating son
    Slipping through the trees
    Strangling the breeze

Dead I am the sky
    Watchin' angels fry
    While they slowly turn
    Conquering the worm

Dig through the ditches and
    Burn through the witches
    An' slam in the back of my
    Dragula

Dig through the ditches and
    Burn through the witches
    An' slam in the back of my
    Dragula

<span style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: proxnov-reg, arial, sans-serif; font-size: medium; line-height: 16px;">
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevero View Post
    Looks dual-worthy (drools all over his long neck and the 50 LII ostriches that are also oggling her)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alpha Irrational?

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ nope.

Seems Se/Ni valuing lol.

also I don't think deviantart girl is SEI.

I think live tyler is SEI, if that's a good point of reference at all.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    also I don't think deviantart girl is SEI.
    What type do you think she is, if not SEI? She kind of fits my visual image of the type. (Then again, my visual image could be way off.)

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    What type do you think she is, if not SEI? She kind of fits my visual image of the type. (Then again, my visual image could be way off.)
    My weird totally Si-based intuition is that she's sensing but rational, so LSE or ESI.

tbh she fits my mental image of SEI too, but I've met a bunch of women that vibe similarly physically who were not SEI (but rather those types I mentioned.)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    My weird totally Si-based intuition is that she's sensing but rational, so LSE or ESI.

tbh she fits my mental image of SEI too, but I've met a bunch of women that vibe similarly physically who were not SEI (but rather those types I mentioned.)
    I see. I would still go with SEI for her because her expression is very open, not closed like ESIs.

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast