Thread: a short test

Creepy-

Default a short test

Hello everyone! I was bored tonight so I made a socionics test. Let me know what you think of it.

Which is the most obvious to you:
    -The difference between initiative and resolution and logical analysis and also the difference between foresight and serendipity and warmth and emotional expression (A) OR
    -The difference between inventiveness and originality and ethical duty and tact and also the difference between comfort and aesthetic principles and practical action and responsibility (B) OR
    -The difference between resolution and initiative and ethical duty and tact and also the difference between foresight and serendipity and practical action and responsibility (C) OR
    -The difference between inventiveness and originality and logical analysis and also the difference between comfort and aesthetic principles and warmth and emotional expression (D)

(A) ESFp, INTj, ESFj, INTp
    (B) ENTp, ISFj, ENTj, ISFp
    (C) ESTp, INFj, ESTj, INFp
    (D) ENFp, ISTj, ENFj, ISTp

A:
    Which do you prefer:
    1. resolution and initiative and foresight and serendipity (ESFp, INTp) OR
    2. warmth and emotional expression and logical analysis (ESFj, INTj)

B:
    Which do you prefer:
    1. inventiveness and originality and comfort and aesthetic principles (ENTp, ISFp) OR
    2. practical action and responsibility and ethical duty and tact (ENTj, ISFp)

C:
    Which do you prefer:
    1. resolution and initiative and foresight and serendipity (ESTp, INFp)
    2. practical action and responsibility and ethical duty and tact (ESTj, INFj)

D:
    Which do you prefer:
    1. inventiveness and originality and comfort and aesthetic principles (ENFp, ISTp)
    2. warmth and emotional expression and logical analysis (ENFj, ISTj)

Creepy-

Which is the most obvious to you:
    -The difference between initiative and resolution and logical analysis, and also the difference between foresight and serendipity and warmth and emotional expression (A) OR
    -The difference between inventiveness and originality and ethical duty and tact, and also the difference between comfort and aesthetic principles and practical action and responsibility (B) OR
    -The difference between resolution and initiative and ethical duty and tact, and also the difference between foresight and serendipity and practical action and responsibility (C) OR
    -The difference between inventiveness and originality and logical analysis, and also the difference between comfort and aesthetic principles and warmth and emotional expression (D)

(A) ESFp, INTj, ESFj, INTp
    (B) ENTp, ISFj, ENTj, ISFp
    (C) ESTp, INFj, ESTj, INFp
    (D) ENFp, ISTj, ENFj, ISTp

A:
    Which do you prefer:
    1. resolution and initiative and foresight and serendipity (ESFp, INTp) OR
    2. warmth and emotional expression and logical analysis (ESFj, INTj)

B:
    Which do you prefer:
    1. inventiveness and originality and comfort and aesthetic principles (ENTp, ISFp) OR
    2. practical action and responsibility and ethical duty and tact (ENTj, ISFp)

C:
    Which do you prefer:
    1. resolution and initiative and foresight and serendipity (ESTp, INFp)
    2. practical action and responsibility and ethical duty and tact (ESTj, INFj)

D:
    Which do you prefer:
    1. inventiveness and originality and comfort and aesthetic principles (ENFp, ISTp)
    2. warmth and emotional expression and logical analysis (ENFj, ISTj)

...looks easier to understand this way

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense, but no one will understand your test, and even if they do, any decisions they make about it will be riddled with uncertainty.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

I am... a little confused.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weirdness abounds. Weirdness abounds. Extremely and hopelessly biased selection dead ahead. Please modify course at least 7 degrees to either side and try again.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Creepy-

Really? It's that hard to understand? Whatever, I'll work on it. It's just kind of hard to ask of someone thinks that Si is the opposite of Te or the opposite of Fe in ordinary language.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, so that is the matter.

I personally think Si is the opposite of Fe, not Te, because both S and T focus on objectivity and what is there (S with the tactile, T with the conceptual), while both N and F focus on subjectivity and what might be (N with the world, F with people).
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Creepy-

Yes, I believe that the tendency to view Si as sort of the opposite of Fe is an attitude shared by members of the beta and delta quadra and is especially pronounced in the sociotypes ENFj, ISTj, ENFp, and ISTp. This is what I unsuccessfully tried to express in writing option D. Oh well. I really like this idea though. Perhaps I need to express my thoughts in a more concise and articulate manner.

...On the other hand, perhaps certain forum members would like to volunteer information as to how their 1st function seems to oppose their 4th and how their 5th opposes their 8th? For example I know that in one thread here, an INTj defined the difference between an INTj and an ESFp as being part of the basic conflict between hedonism and asceticism.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stop bumping these old threads
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, stop freaking us all out with these abrupt impressions that some of socionics' old gurus had started posting again after having been dormant for centuries.