Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which temperament would you least like to be with?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    EJ - especially when they talk down to you

Some EJs I have known IRL like to explain simple stuff to me in detail to the extent that I feel like an idiot. They like to assume that I don't know much and thought that they are doing a favour for me by explaining about obvious matters which needs no explanation at all.
    I'm gonna "do a Joy" now...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some EJs I have known IRL like to explain simple stuff to me in detail to the extent that I feel like an idiot. They like to assume that I don't know much and thought that they are doing a favour for me by explaining about obvious matters which needs no explanation at all.
    Actually that's just emotivism. My ISTj father does the same thing, my ESTj boss too, my ENFp friend too, etc...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG

Actually that's just emotivism. My ISTj father does the same thing, my ESTj boss too, my ENFp friend too, etc...
    That's interesting. I'm curious as to how they're connected. That particular dichotomy is one that I don't understand in all types.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG

That's interesting. I'm curious as to how they're connected. That particular dichotomy is one that I don't understand in all types.
    yes. How is that emotivism?

Quote Originally Posted by www.wikisocion.org
    Emotivists
    Emotivists try to enter the emotional atmosphere of the conversation and they try to keep the emotion in the conversation positive. They can talk about various things they have no interest in or do not believe in simply for the sake of maintaining a "positive spirit". Talking business is more difficult and the conversation topic can wander off into emotional exchange. They try to get new experiences and new emotions, which is why they travel to new places and rarely watch movies they have already seen. In emotivists a calls for action/requests are not critically estimated and because of it they can get overwhelmed by them. After getting into a theme they stay in that mode of operation for a prolonged period of time and have difficulty switching, "disconnecting" (And because of it try to avoid unpleasant requests).

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because we can talk about many things we don't really give a shit about and so we fill in conversations with what you mention
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see now that I'm so not an emotivist. I can't right now tell the difference between emotivist and positivist so I'm not sure if I'm constructivist-positivist or constructivist-negativist. I might falsely perceive my constructivism as negativism.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12