With lyrics -
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZsmpP--NX7E&feature=related

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reckon this song is very ISTp (actually Coldplay in general) - what do you guys think? I like the Si-ness of it.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    Norah Jones - Sunrise
    haha, nice one, I was gonna post it earlier but decided "Come Away With Me" was more Si- revealing.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jamiroquai - Corner of the earth (Not sure about this one, what do you think?)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Stange aside: my older bro is good friends with the bassist in this band... they're friends from hs.
    They're near the top of my all-time favorite bands list.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    They're near the top of my all-time favorite bands list.
    ah, that's cool!! I never really got into em... I remember Sean Hurley sleeping over at our house when I was little though.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is something about this song and video that strikes me as Delta, or possibly Alpha...

"Nothing Compares to You"
    Sinead O'Connor
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=vyCn3ENm_Us&feature=related

I know that the lyrics were written by Prince, and that Sinead might not be Delta in person, but for some reason she seems ISTp to me in this video if you imagine this song being actually written by her instead, and not knowing anything about her except this video, and that she is singing it to someone in real life.

- If you look at the lyrics, certain parts would seem Si valuing, such as how she could go out to eat at fancy restaurants but it wouldn't take away her sadness. Also, she mentions how the flowers died in the backyard when mother died. These two parts are really "out of the blue" in the song, which makes me think that it's something really important for her to be saying.

- The emotional standstill shown in her face during the video seems ISTp to me, and how she only sheds a few tears at the end considering the types of things she is saying in the song.

Again, you would have to look at this video as if you didn't know anything about her or the song. I don't know why, but the Fi valuing that I get from this video, combined with other factors, would make me believe she is ISTp.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sia - Sunday

(might be Alpha, I'm not sure, now that I think about it.)
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    There is something about this song and video that strikes me as Delta, or possibly Alpha...

Sinead O'Connor

I know that the lyrics were written by Prince, and that Sinead might not be Delta in person, but for some reason she seems ISTp to me in this video if you imagine this song being actually written by her instead, and not knowing anything about her except this video, and that she is singing it to someone in real life.

- If you look at the lyrics, certain parts would seem Si valuing, such as how she could go out to eat at fancy restaurants but it wouldn't take away her sadness. Also, she mentions how the flowers died in the backyard when mother died. These two parts are really "out of the blue" in the song, which makes me think that it's something really important for her to be saying.

- The emotional standstill shown in her face during the video seems ISTp to me, and how she only sheds a few tears at the end considering the types of things she is saying in the song.

Again, you would have to look at this video as if you didn't know anything about her or the song. I don't know why, but the Fi valuing that I get from this video, combined with other factors, would make me believe she is ISTp.

What type is Prince? ISFP maybe???? I could see ISTP-Te for her in this video. Not sure about real life, but I think she is a priest now.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    What type is Prince? ISFP maybe???? I could see ISTP-Te for her in this video. Not sure about real life, but I think she is a priest now.
    Actually, I don't really know Prince's socionics type, but ISFp does seem possible. I find Sinead to be very attractive in this video, both physically and in personality. I doubt she is ISTp in real life though.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Hier Encore"
    Charles Aznavour

(Starts on min 2:08)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UzBncolQjP0&feature=related

I am not sure if the lyrics to this song could be an example of regret. For some reason, this song seems ESTj to me... Here is the english version lyrics to this song, which is not an exact translation, but it works nonetheless:

"Yesterday when I was young,
    The taste of life was sweet as rain upon my tongue,
    I teased at life as if it were a foolish game,
    The way the evening breeze may tease a candle flame;
    The thousand dreams I dreamed,
    The splendid things I planned I always built, alas,
    on weak and shifting sand;

I lived by night and shunned the naked light of day
    And only now I see how the years ran away.

Yesterday
    When I was young,
    So many drinking songs were waiting to be sung,
    So many wayward pleasures lay in store for me
    And so much pain my dazzled eyes refused to see,
    I ran so fast that time and youth at last ran out,
    I never stopped to think what life was all about
    And every conversation I can now recall concerned itself with me,
    and nothing else at all.

Yesterday the moon was blue,
    and every crazy day brought something new to do,
    I used my magic age as if it were a wand,
    and never saw the waste and emptiness beyond;

The game of love I played with arrogance and pride
    and every flame I lit too quickly, quickly died;

The friends I made all seemed somehow to drift away
    And only I am left on stage to end the play.
    There are so many songs in me that won't be sung,
    I feel the bitter taste of tears upon my tongue,
    The time has come for me to pay
    for Yesterday When I was Young."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post

Sinead O'Connor

I was reading through this thread and I just had to say that, even if it seems a little twisted, that is EXACTLY how I would want someone to react if I'd left them. Specifically that as comfortable as they can make themselves, there's no point in being comfortable without me to make life *special* for them, to make life fun and interesting. Because in relationships, that's what I see myself as able to provide. I can't make people comfortable or at least, I don't want to do that. I want to make a grey day seem technicoloured; I want to make a plodding rhythm dance; I want to make the light shimmer for them.

And I'd want them to say it to me in that very emotionally minimal way, like they're so unaccostomed to expressing their emotions, but I mean so much to them that they're trying. I don't want an outpouring of words or emotional articulation and fluency, because I myself can provide that. That's me. I want sincerity, simplicity and frankness. So...I can see that song/video being my dual (which is a strange thing to say, maybe).
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Creepy-Cyclops

@Sereno, nothing compares to you. (I'm refering to the song ) I think the lyrics, and also the performance for also, is rather Fi.

The performance in the music video for the song shows a little external emotion, but it gives the impression of a lot more on the inside..sentimentality, loss, regret, perhaps guilt, the static of the relationship. Lyrics tie in with this sort of thing.

Hey, it's a really good performance and a really good song, imo.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone -

I think I have pretty Delta-ish taste in music for whatever reason. I have a few close INFj friends that I often share music with and they always love my stuff. So I thought I would make a few contributions to this thread. Let me know what you think.

Sia - Breathe Me

Royksopp - Remind Me

(This is this official music video and is very cool but they used a weird version of the song in it, the other one is a lot better)

Jimmy Eat World - Polaris
    ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    I was reading through this thread and I just had to say that, even if it seems a little twisted, that is EXACTLY how I would want someone to react if I'd left them. Specifically that as comfortable as they can make themselves, there's no point in being comfortable without me to make life *special* for them, to make life fun and interesting. Because in relationships, that's what I see myself as able to provide. I can't make people comfortable or at least, I don't want to do that. I want to make a grey day seem technicoloured; I want to make a plodding rhythm dance; I want to make the light shimmer for them.

And I'd want them to say it to me in that very emotionally minimal way, like they're so unaccostomed to expressing their emotions, but I mean so much to them that they're trying. I don't want an outpouring of words or emotional articulation and fluency, because I myself can provide that. That's me. I want sincerity, simplicity and frankness. So...I can see that song/video being my dual (which is a strange thing to say, maybe).
    Well, I think it is very rare to see something like that actually happening irl though, considering that crying and mushy stuff to most ISTps is completely out of the question. But, then again, romantically it might be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I @Sereno, nothing compares to you. (I'm refering to the song ) I think the lyrics, and also the performance for also, is rather Fi.

The performance in the music video for the song shows a little external emotion, but it gives the impression of a lot more on the inside..sentimentality, loss, regret, perhaps guilt, the static of the relationship. Lyrics tie in with this sort of thing.

Hey, it's a really good performance and a really good song, imo.
    haha. I agree with what you're saying. Another aspect I notice about the song is that she is not proud, meaning that someone else could have just accepted that the other person left her and that's the end of that, but she goes back and asks to give it another shot while leaving herself very vulnerable. The trust she has in that person and how exposed she gets is so attractive to me. I think I'm going to start a new thread on this subject.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering about these performers, are [video=youtube;ST2BGQWeOgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBEYyHGbwto"]coldplay[/url], enya and [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST2BGQWeOgY[/video] delta?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@sereno - i don't think anyone but sinead could have covered "nothing compares 2 u." it's one of those cases where the cover is better than the original.

@ christy - re: prince's type - seems like INFp might be good for him. i posted this video of prince on american bandstand and he came off as sort of Ni to me here (after the first song they do an interview with him.) at least superficially he seems rather beta.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    The lead singer of Röyksopp (Erlend Øye) is also the lead singer of one of my favorite bands, The Whitest Boy Alive.

... and is also the lead singer of Kings of Convenience

If he's delta or not, I'm not sure, but he seems really chill to me.

Edit: I'll throw these videos in because I like The Whitest Boy Alive's sound live

(sound quality not as good but I still love it)
    Last edited by tereg; 04-16-2008 at 09:21 PM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    @sereno - i don't think anyone but sinead could have covered "nothing compares 2 u." it's one of those cases where the cover is better than the original.

@ christy - re: prince's type - seems like INFp might be good for him. i posted this video of prince on american bandstand and he came off as sort of Ni to me here (after the first song they do an interview with him.) at least superficially he seems rather beta.
    Yes. Actually. Now that you say that he does seem beta. INFP more than what I originally thought which was ISFP. Yes. He is not a caregiver, he is totally a victim. Yeah. Thanks!!!
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Jesus Take the Wheel"
    Carrie Underwood

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ky4rfA_tebY

This song is Christian, but, I do think that it has universal appeal. I really like the song, and the video is good too. The part with the old couple really gets to me... What I find especially appealing of this song is how at times when you have no direction in life and you are at a low point, you could have someone you can count on help you get back on track when you just want to give up. Sometimes you just can't do things on your own.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Pieces Don't Fit Anymore"
    James Morrison

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jG6TS2huZpI&feature=related

For some reason, this guy seems ENFp to me in this vid, along with the song.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alexi Murdoch - Orange Sky - ?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XymNd2JyS68
    maybe some Ni there though

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    The lead singer of Röyksopp (Erlend Øye)
    Erlend Øye is quality. In Kings of Convenience and solo. But he's certainly not Röyksopp's lead singer. Röyksopp are a Norwegian duo, Torbjørn Brundtland and Svein Berge. Øye merely features on Poor Leno and Remind Me, two of the greatest songs on their debut, Melody A.M.. I'll you what, Øye, Röyksopp, Björk and The Knife need to colaborate on some grand epic tune.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Erlend Øye is quality. In Kings of Convenience and solo. But he's certainly not Röyksopp's lead singer. Röyksopp are a Norwegian duo, Torbjørn Brundtland and Svein Berge. Øye merely features on Poor Leno and Remind Me, two of the greatest songs on their debut, Melody A.M.. I'll you what, Øye, Röyksopp, Björk and The Knife need to colaborate on some grand epic tune.

Maybe not right place for this but what is your type Ezra? EIE??? 3w4???

I thought you were SLE 8w7 or something, acoring to what you said before, no?

Also, Regan and Putin = hot dual sex. Are you Regan???
    Last edited by Christy B; 04-26-2008 at 02:36 AM.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    Maybe not right place for this but what is your type Ezra? EIE??? 3w4???

I thought you were SLE 8w7 or something, acoring to what you said before, no

Also, Regan and Putin = hot dual sex. Are you Regan???
    SLE 8w7, that is correct. That shit about EIE, 3w4 and the "REGAN" quote were taking the piss out of poor translations of Russian descriptions (which are probably just as shit in quality as the translation) of the types.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    SLE 8w7, that is correct. That shit about EIE, 3w4 and the "REGAN" quote were taking the piss out of poor translations of Russian descriptions (which are probably just as shit in quality as the translation) of the types.
    Oh. Ok Thanks. : ) I got scared. . .
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thievery Corporation - Amerimacka

(The guy that made this video actually has a series of really cool time lapse/photographic videos.)

I love it.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modest Mouse - The Ocean Breathes Salty... totally gives a delta NF vibe

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-n4Sd-USFkQ

I also think that Neil Young is most likely an infj

Edit: the video refuses to work for some reason
    Last edited by Cheesy; 05-20-2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: for some reason the video refuses to work :(

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff buckley - Enfp? He sort of gives an Infp vibe but he really reminds me of Enfp's because of his face and posture and also the video has an Ne theme....

This is "So Real" - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WolmjxD4hn4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ohh I just found out about Kings of Convenience. Then I was reading about them and their lead singer's name looked really familiar. Then I checked this forum, and yep, that's where I'd seen it before. Don't know if the music is Delta though, but its nice. I prefer the songs which have a bit of percussion though.

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default which quadra

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    A delta couple singing to each other:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXI4KinMOys

This.

<3
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm bumping this.

Rena Jones - The Passing Storm

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rena Jones - Cypress & Evergreen

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Cried For You- Katie Melua

Delta?
    Regardless, I like it a lot.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How To Save A Life- The Fray

Whoa, all delta music is so boring.

I was going to suggest this one as delta:

But is that too much excitement for you, and you are going to boo me of the stage?
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Whoa, all delta music is so boring.

I was going to suggest this one as delta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI0iX2q4pw8

But is that too much excitement for you, and you are going to boo me of the stage?
    Ewwwwwwww. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! haha, j/k.
    (But I still don't like it)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast