Thread: Scientific Study of a phenomenon

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Scientific Study of a phenomenon....

Scientific study of a phenomenon called a "sixth sense" which combines multiple conscious and unconscious information, bringing it into consciousness. They've actually identified the area of the brain responsible.

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/node/7036

<sarcasm>I FIND THIS INCREDIBLE NEWS!!!! Let's incorporate this information into socionics....I say we call it 'intuition'.</sarcasm>

I think this is a scary time in the world. Although psychologists and the people before them have been finding conclusions they can't prove, it appears we are getting to the technology where neurologist scientists come to conclusions psychologists have already made(see Jung, 1910 or 1920 or something for intuition).

I say we get on this in American and blow MBTI out of the water. Similar studys have also been done in Socionics journals in Cyrillic but we can't read them over here.

I plan to do something about it, and I want people who really want to help. Let's bring Socionics and psychology in general into the public consciousness and schools along with new neurological scientific studys to prove what we have already been saying. But let's work with the existing Socionists in the other parts of the world by translating their works.

Who's with me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you.
    Or at least I am already translating some texts from english to bulgarian and planning to launch a bulgarian site these months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish that someone could put Russian texts into English. I'm with people who deal with this. MBTI needs to be throuwn out of it's throne. It's just too stereotypical (NT's are best at science, NF's at psychology, Introverts being unpopular nerds). This can do a lot of harm to people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think the methods of typing are up to par just yet for socionics to be viable in the mainstream, unless there's a discipline of typing i've completely missed. going mainstream will further development of them for sure, introducing new perspectives and whatnot, but will also propagate misunderstanding that could destroy any perceived integrity of the science/system. so your vision and ardor might be a little quixotic at this stage of socionics' development, or i could be really really misinformed..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good point, Trey. Socionics might become too cheap by going mainstream. And it doesn't have reliable method for typing yet. It might bring
    bad reputation for it.