Default Dual relationship lacking fireworks

dsadjgjsa

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dual Relationships - Coming Second

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    I'm not complaining about my current situation, but this is something that tends to happen - ESTp partner gets caught up in other things and INFp me gets left behind/temporarily forgotten about and upset.

I'm not sure whether this is one of the hazards of dual relationships or just a type-related hazard (i.e. ESTp's seem to need to be doing everything they can think of and INFp's can't stand to be ignored).
    Same situation here as you know. I think it's the hazard of our specific relationship matchup. How they figure we are duals, I sure don't know! Seems hubby and I are so mismatached. We discuss the same things over and over and only talk about things we have in common. I like a you-show-me-your-world-and-let-me-show-you-mine relationship. If it doesn't interest him he refuses to listen. I want to say I feel misunderstood but I'm just not stood at all!

That's why people like rmcnew don't understand me. I get tired of a lone-sided realtionship so I do my own thing and get what I can out of the relationship. I am very much a giver but I run dry at times as hubby doesn't give back. I have needs too, and when I know I am being chatted up or built up because he wants something from me, I fry.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll agree that my dual marraige, while very cozy and relaxing and easy, doesn't have the constant fireworks of other romantic relationships I've had - I mean, we never fight, but then we never make up either and making up can be fun :wink: But I really got tired of the constant drama of other relationships. Of course I was in my late 20s when I got married so I'd had enough experience to know what I wanted and what wouldn't work out.

And if I complain to him that I'm feeling like I need more affection, or attention, or whatever, my husband is very good at accomodating me. He will NOT pick it up on his own, though. I have to explicitly tell him what I want.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its just me being unrealistic yet again but I thought dual relatonships were suppose to be something else. I can see the good points of some of the ones mentioned though. I just had a very different perception of duality in mind. I thought the people involved would recognise and attend to each others needs naturally. Some of the relationships mentioned sound a lot like a normal relationship with lots of give and take and compromise. Silly,lazy me for thinking dual relationships were more effortless in reality .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    That's because your dual is LSE. Haha, just kidding.
    Yeah, Yeah, I know I have done quite badly in the big lucky dual lottery

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maizemedley
    Quote Originally Posted by artemis
    If it doesn't interest him he refuses to listen.
    He refuses to listen??? Really? I'm shocked. What do you mean he refuses to listen?

By the way Artemis, sorry I plucked your feather over on that "favorite infp" thread. Hope it didn't hurt. You can have it back if you want.
    About listening, he gives me "uh huh" and goes about doing something else.

I'm fine. I get used to feather plucking as I am so damn honest all the time! Sucks. (BTW, you posted under 'guest' in that thread. :wink: )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really, the IEI should just be paired up with the SLI... that one just makes so much more sense.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General question to those with ISTp or ESTp mates/partners/husbands.

Are they faithful/have ever been unfaithful in the past? I heard somewhere that they are very likely to cheat and are good at covering their tracks. I don't know if there is any truth to it.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan.

Are they faithful/have ever been unfaithful in the past? I heard somewhere that they are very likely to cheat and are good at covering their tracks. I don't know if there is any truth to it.
    I have a bit of a jealous streak, but even given that I don't believe my husband would ever cheat on me. But he's ok with my jealousy issues and is always very easy to reach on the phone, always has his cell phone on, and is always where he says he'll be. Also, he doesn't like going away without me. He's going to a conference in Las Vegas for a week this winter and said he doesn't want to be away that long so he's taking me with him. He would have plenty of chances to cheat in Las Vegas and I didn't expect him to take me with him - he suggested it on his own. If he were likely to cheat or had that in him, he wouldn't have asked me to go to Las Vegas with him.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't a duality relationship, but my online ENFP girlfriend likes to go out a lot to hang out with her real friends instead of "hanging out" with me.
    INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hanging out with yoiu *online*?

I can't imagine why!

ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband has cheated (and you all wonder why I have the opinions I do ), but he is lousy at hiding it. I can read him like a book. I don't believe he cheats anymore . . . well, I know he doesn't . . . my being psychic and all. He has leaned the price is high and he isn't willing to pay it. So perhaps if I am bitchy you understand a bit better. I like the financial security I have and am not willing to leave. When I crave something more then I'm sure I will make changes. Just not there yet. (Yes, mcnew, it's me the filthy whore)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe my husband has ever cheated on me and we've been together 14 years, but I know he cheated on previous girlfriends before we met and were married!

He'd rationalize it "She and I were broken up any way."

He can be pretty good at covering his tracks, though, so if he were to cheat, he would probably get away with it.

I loved the time when he left the computer on a page verifying a $7000 loan. For his boat which he never discussed with me and which he pulled into the driveway 2 weeks later.

I know he's stashing for a bigger boat, now, too.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    I loved the time when he left the computer on a page verifying a $7000 loan. For his boat which he never discussed with me and which he pulled into the driveway 2 weeks later.

I know he's stashing for a bigger boat, now, too.
    Wow! I don't know how I would deal with that! But I do tend to hide my financial deals but they don't amount to that much. Hubby tends to spend and not tell me and blows up our checking accounts and leaves me to pick up the pieces as he is conveniently out of town. Always makes mistakes and uses the wrong accounts or cards.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P-chan
    This isn't a duality relationship, but my online ENFP girlfriend likes to go out a lot to hang out with her real friends instead of "hanging out" with me.
    *suspiciously raises an eyebrow* I don't see how such a thing could be possible. I talk to people online quite a bit, but I don't see how a person could "be with" someone who isn't physically there.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-

fdfs

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meeting someone online is different than having an online girlfriend
    SEE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I will find myself an ENTj as a pet. At least I will be lifted up with lame jokes at my expense, eh?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    meeting someone online is different than having an online girlfriend
    True. But people are different. I can see how they can feel that it's turning into something like a relationship. And meeting can be so daunting.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    You could always get cats. Dozens and dozens of cats.
    Wow, I feel very attracted to that idea. In so many ways I can think of, cats are just like ISTp men .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh heh.
    Entp
    ILE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    I will find myself an ENTj as a pet. At least I will be lifted up with lame jokes at my expense, eh?
    I hope you mean an actual pet and not a person; I totally find it disturbing and a tad offensive that anyone could refer to a person or specifically a man, as a pet. I really do not favor the company of women with that mindset.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I hope you mean an actual pet and not a person; I totally find it disturbing and a tad offensive that anyone could refer to a person or specifically a man, as a pet. I really do not favor the company of women with that mindset.
    May I say McNew, it seems to me that you are having some type of problem with women. You calling people dirty filthy whore immediately comes to mind. I thought people of your type were generally less moralistic and judgemental. I can't believe that someone of a judging type like myself is saying this, but lighten up a bit McNew. I don't think the females here are "evil", "slutty", "man-hating", "harlots".
    At least I think the rest of them aren't :wink: .

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOT THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I'll say it....

...it would be less offensive to have a woman as a pet?!?!?!?!?!

Kim and rmcnew, you're not trying to date eachother, so it doesn't matter what each of you wants in a relationship. Kim can go get what she wants from a man who wants the same thing she does, and rmcnew can go get a woman who wants the same thing he does.

We are all free to set our own relationship ideals.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better said than before, rmc! :wink: You're improving!
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I totally find it disturbing and a tad offensive that anyone could refer to a person or specifically [a woman] as [a whore]. I really do not favor the company of [men] with that mindset.

Well, mcnew, how about that?

PS: It was a joke to get back at Steve. Lighten up!
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one that detects a lot of fear and sadness when Mcnew launches these attacks?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    Am I the only one that detects a lot of fear and sadness when Mcnew launches these attacks?
    No. But his posts may also trigger fear and sadness in people. And so it goes on and on.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    Yes, and I feel incredibly sorry for the poor soul. Really. I am extremely openminded and guess I expect everyone else to be too. I mean though that if I was deliberately treated badly and used by someone then (and I have been), I would be hurt and livid over it, but that wouldn't make me sour at all all men or women. People are people and to each his own morals or whatever, and each is responsible for his/her own actions. This getting personal thing (guilty in repose) is too much.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not like he goes around posting 'I hate women" all over the forum. It's specific things that get a negative response, things that involve people talking about using men.
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think joy understands me alot better than others, I would listen to her ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow I have my doubts as to whether Joy is really like Mcnew.
    McNew has no problems it seems when the men here talk about using women. I wonder why?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think joy understands me alot better than others, I would listen to her ...
    Stand on your own two feet, damn it!

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Somehow I have my doubts as to whether Joy is really like Mcnew.
    McNew has no problems it seems when the men here talk about using women. I wonder why?
    Precisely!
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not believe in using women, but I do have alot of defense mechanisms built up that may not be the healthiest things for me and anyone else.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, I have pretty much already admitted that I have no clue how to even start relationships let along how to maintain one. I am totally inexperienced except for whatever sort of promuscuity I have endured. What am I suppose to do? Either way I feel very empty and I am not really sure if I can ever make things work out between me and anyone.
    I don't even question that your intentions are good and that much of this is based on frustration and sadness. But I think you are making your life so much harder by suspecting bad intentions on the woman's part everywhere. I don't know what exactly went wrong in your relationships, but I had my fair share of being cheated on, being dumped for whoever else came along, not being respected, etc. But I have also had my fair share of great experiences. It's part of the spiel, I'm afraid. And you know, the men who treated me like that are not happy and careless people. They have their demons to tackle and I really am not envious. I'd rather be treated like that than to treat like that....
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not put up with that shit, period ... I have pretty much figured that I am either going to find a woman I can accept that does not pull that shit or go single. Sadly, I am going single ...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A relationship can only be as healthy as the least healthy person in it.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not put up with that shit, period ... I have pretty much figured that I am either going to find a woman I can accept that does not pull that shit or go single. Sadly, I am going single ...
    I agree. Being used and disrespected must never ever be tolerated on the part of any man or woman.

McNew must of the stuff you took seriously were not meant to be taken seriously. Read the posts, most women here have husbands, brothers and/or sons and from what I can gather or honest up front people who are not really into using men in reality. Its about humour and even if its not, you have the advantage of not really being intimately involved with the women here.

I have known a few "whores". I do not think even actual whores are to be disrespected, they are people too. Usually with all sorts of complicated life histories. They are searching for love and respect just like you and every one else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast