Thread: Socionics types and color of hair, eyes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics types and color of hair, eyes

Is there a correlation between personality types and hair, eye colors?
    me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

many ESFps are curly.
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I doubt it but I have brown/black hair and green eyes. I also wear my hair very short. Is that a trait too? Where do you people come up with this stuff?
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't all types be in all countries, and all ethnicities?

I don't see how this is possible.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky

Yeah, me neither.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Precisely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hair and eye colour are in the genes. There are technically only two hair colours and eye colours: Your hair can be blond or brown, and your eyes blue or brown. Any other hair or eye colours, my own included, are mutations or random variations of those. Red hair is a mutation of blond, and I'm not certain whether it was sparked in Ireland or Scandinavia. My own hair colour, on the border between dark blond and light brown, is a mere variation in degrees, and my green eye colour is a variant of blue. I can't see how this would have any effect on type, personally, although it is possible, although highly unlikely, that the different genes in play here change certain behavioural traits. However, since all "races" should have the same set of genes in these areas, many of them merely overridden by other genes (Such as pigmentation), it would not bne impossible.

However, I may be wrong in some details (Or entirely, for that matter).
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

red and hazel

natural color is a real dark ash blonde with red undertones
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have blondish hair and blue eyes.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a redheaded ENFp.

Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    . Red hair is a mutation of blond, and I'm not certain whether it was sparked in Ireland or Scandinavia.
    Among the celts, either in Ireland or Scotland - not Scandinavia.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My INTp cousin and I both have gray eyes and brown hair, only his hair is curly and mine is straight.

INTj cousin: hazel eyes, brown hair
    ESFp sister: gray eyes, brown hair

We all have brown hair in my family.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    . Red hair is a mutation of blond, and I'm not certain whether it was sparked in Ireland or Scandinavia.
    Among the celts, either in Ireland or Scotland - not Scandinavia.
    Having been all over the world I’ve noticed something about this. Many times when I see red-headed people (especially men) the are short and stout. Most times they are seen on little island type things like the UK and Ireland. My theory is the red hair gene comes from Vikings, since they would have A.] a reason to develop their shot bulky stance and B.] end up in areas like the afore mentioned.

Having said this, I have blondish hair and brown eyes that look more black than brown.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    I have blondish hair and blue eyes.
    So does Heather Locklear. I just noticed that as a trend.
    Yeah, and I know an ISTj female who has blond hair and blue eyes.

By the way I have brown hair and greenish brown eyes.
    me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have medium dark brown skin with off-black hair and warm brown eyes. I know lots of people with my coloring or near about. But our types are quite different. However, at first glance two people may look the same but when you really examine them side by side you will see that they can be subtley different. For example me and my mother are about the same shade but she is pink/olive brown and I am red/yellow brown. She is isfj and more reserved and I am enfp and more outgoing. The ones that are outgoing in my family have more yellow/gold in their skin and the cooler olive/brown ones are more reserved. But all of us have dark brown/black hair and brown eyes.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have platina-blond hair and blue eyes, although none of the ENTPs i know have similar looks...
    When in doubt, start a war :wink:
    ENTP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When natural, light brown hair and bright blue-green eyes.

Currently medium blond hair, thank you to my hair dresser. :-)
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the VI photos on some sites do look alike to me. Can a picture capture one's mannerisms in that fraction of time? Or is it the case that we find something similar in all the photos and add that to our cannon of thought.
    Not that that has to do with hair color, but it might.

My eyes are sort of a medium-dark brown akin to roasted coffee. The hair-- its black but not jet black.. im unsure if there is some brown in it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    At least that's what the voices told me *twitch*
    Don't trust the voices! They are really bionically implanted data chips the Venutians (Not Venetians) teleport into your brain at your second birthday, and that are aimed towards destroying the benevolent Elven rulers of the world, and they only intersperse their evil scheming manipulation with facts in order to get you to trust them so that they can unlock your hidden potential for sorcery and use it for their own ends, including the production of full-scale plastic MacGyver dolls, while repressing you from using it for yourself! Instead, read Harry Potter and be enlightened by the voice of all the heroes who fought for Law, Order and Free Enchanted Hamburger Blades for everybody, and Bingo every Thursday. Hail, Longbottom, King of the Moonfort!
    "This is your father's LightOut-er, the weapon of a Jedi Write, of elephant ebon, for a more... civilized page."
    *Runs out rambling and hides under the table*

Sorry for my incoherent and lame post. The opportunity was just unmissable. No offense meant.

Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The answer is probably yes and no.

No because the genes that code for this do not code for the proteins that are iinvolved in the activities of the brain. There is a miniscule chance that a mutation in one of these genes also happened to cause a major change of the chromatin structure, and hence totally changed the expression of proteins that are involved and regulates the activity of the brain. However, this is about as likely as the idea of that in ten minutes, a pink elephant begins to fly outside my window...

Yes because of the fact that it is very likely that the distribution of of genes is different in different regions, and that this means that genes that cause certain traits in our personality are more common within certain populations. In the same way genes responsible for our hair colour are also distributed in an uneven way between populations, hence they might coincide. The net result is that people with a certain external attributes might on average have a higher frequence of certain personality traits. People of african american descent tend to have higher levels of testosterone for example. This might lead to that certain behaviours becomes more frequenced/expressed within the population (assuming that a mutation counteracting it isn't present within the population), and perhaps a certain predisposition for certain personalities. The same goes for other genes. The idea is that, although the genes encoding the attribute is not involved in causing the personality traits, the attribute might serve as a marker that shows that a randomly picked individual that has the attribute, has a higher probability of possesing a certain personality trait. Essentially it works in the same way that if you pick a person driving a rolls royce, that person is more likely to be stinking rich than a person driving a Toyota, even though the fact that the person owned a rolls royce is hardly the cause of the impressive amount of money in the bank. It also allows for the fact that a person driving a Toyota might be richer than the other person, but it is less likely.

One interesting thing to ponder here is the connection between culture and race, race as in a population within which certain traits are more common, (I can't be bothered to coin a new phrase, and it works perfectly as long as you realise that the limits of this group is chosen arbitarily just as the extents of what every other human word symbolise, and that there is no singular race gene that magically cause all the differences between groups), in relation to the environment. Certain circumstances might favor agressive behaviour amongst the individuals within a group. This might lead to that the culture becomes aggressive within a generation, which might lead to a selection of traits that favor aggressive individuals. This leads to that the genes that are responsible for more aggressive behaviour becomes more prevalant in the next generation and the cycle continues... It is so much easier with nonsocial animals where you only have to consider the environment. In terms of evolution, the environment and culture are the same thing for humans, the latter might even override the first when it comes to certain traits.

Oh and if anyone cares, my eyes are blue grey and my hair is dark brown.