Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ENTp is the most common type?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If functions are direct brain processes, how can some ethical types be good at math?
    ... because sometimes you should just learn to ignore your Ti and realize that everything doesn't fit into perfect systems.

... actually, JN is a Ti type, so I'm just kidding...

Anyway, I think I'm going to start a thread on what I believe a "type" to really be.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    For one, I think ethics are more "attached" to their emotions while they right. Logics type in a more detached sort of way.. it's hard to explain. Ethics are also more consious of keeping the peace, whereas logical types are more prone to "attacking" people to get their point across.
    As a mass generalization then yes but it is far trickier than this. For example, someone with a preference towards ethics may attack when a value has been struck. In contrast, someone with a preference towards logic may seem peaceful because they are detached. The funny thing is that detached is also a connotation of Ni. I think the contrast with FeNi or NiFe is humorous because on part is so connected and the other is so disconnected lol. One part requires data from others while the other is the alien-esque instrospective. I'm sure this is part of the "grey" or "internal drama" etc. Eh, Im sure you get my point by now.

Creepy-zonk

Default :)

my closest area:
    entp: 3
    isfp: 6 (two man)
    intj: 4 (one woman)
    esfj: 5 (one man)
    infp: 5 (one man)
    estp: 2
    istj: 1
    esfp: 2
    isfj: 1
    intp: 5 (one woman)
    entj: 4 (one woman)
    istp: 8 (one woman)
    estj: 6
    infj: 2 (one man)
    enfp: 3 (one main)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The persons i've tested so far (friends and family) :
    4 ENTPs (myself and 3 friends )
    5 INTPs (father, uncle, sister, 2 friends)
    3 ENFPs (mother, 2 friends )
    2 ESFJs (uncle, aunt )
    1 ESFP (relative )
    2 ENFJ ( sister, friend )
    3 ISTJs ( brother, uncle, aunt)
    1 INFJ ( aunt)
    2 ISTPs ( friends )
    When in doubt, start a war :wink:
    ENTP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Entp's by nature are fascinated by new and interesting things... I think it's just that ENTP's are more likely to explore/consider these ideas and get into them, thus the stronger prevalence of them on certain polls.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, old thread...

Or perhaps consider the social effects of history. Following the scientific and industrial revolutions a greater emphasis was put on education and on logical thinking. With the creation of the scientific method the world became, more or less, a Ti society pushed forward with Te drive. So in a society where, from as young as 4 or 5, people are encouraged (which I don't think is an extreme enough word) to apply logical systems to everything you're going to see people automatically valuing T-functions.

Meanwhile, when you're around the age where you start looking into these things (a lot of us seem to be doing it late-teens and into their twenties, judging by the trends I've observed here) you're in the middle of a phase in your life where you're exploring what it means to accept your own identity. If you've just gone through so many years where everything is about logical and innovative thinking before all else, then it shouldn't be a surprise that a lot of people will identify with ILE. Add to that the knowledge that a lot of people go through an awkward social phase in their teens where they're unsure of their relationships (Fi PoLR), the fact that psychology proves that adolescents are by nature ego-centric (Fe HA), the fact that teens and young adults are more prone to a rebellious nature (Se Role), not to mention the idea that adolescents and adults in their 20's are more prone to experimenting and doing things that most would consider a little crazy (alphas, lol) then what do you get? A lot of supposed ENTp's.

And do you think a lot of those people follow that idea through to completion? Perhaps not. A lot of people just take some vague test in school, it tells them they're ILE, they read the profile at face value and say "Yup, sounds like me." and move on. Look at how many people on this forum think they're ILE and then have people tossing around other ideas. Leon (Mr. Saturn) is a perfect example.

It's quite possible that there are a lot of ILE's out there, but I'm skeptical. Less than 1% of the people I know even have a shot at being ILE, and I only know 1 person for sure.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually approach socionics with the assumption that the types are fairly evenly distributed. Almost any assumption like that is almost necessarily a priori, you still have to take a stance. To me, assuming a consistently uneven distribution of types is like assuming that there will always be significantly more of one gender than the other. Also, very few societies seem to represent Alpha values on a large scale, which is not what one would expect if ENTps were truly more common. As some have mentioned, ENTp is kind of presented as a "prestige type" in many tests, as the description of extraversion, intuition, thinking, and perception come of as social desirable traits: outgoing, intelligent, reasonable, and flexible, respectively. Even an attempt to produce connotatively positive substitutes for the opposite traits (say, thoughtful, practical, agreeable, and conscientious) do not sound as cool as the way ENTps are described.

Additionally, BrainTypes guy types almost exclusively by motor skills. Though I do believe muscle movement patterns do strongly reflect personality, Niednagel looks at skills, and almost anyone that appears more skilled in abstract reasoning than in a certain kinesthetic activity (i.e., most people) will come up as xNTP, and with the normal American social emphasis on the need to be personable and outgoing, most will be typed as ENTp, or "FCIR" in his typology. In regards to a large number quarterbacks being ENTps, that might be an interesting thing to look into. I can tell you right away that of the last four quarterbacks to win the Superbowl (Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Rothlisberger), I do not believe any of them to be ENTp going off what little I know about them. But it might be interesting to look into the types of quarterbacks.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with regards to even distribution. Perhaps I just like symmetrical reasoning, but I find it illogical to believe that there would be more of one type than another in such a high percentage as to say, conclusively, that XXX is the most common type.

What you said about ENTp as having popular superficial interpretation also rang true for me. As you said, who wouldn't want to be "outgoing, intelligent, reasonable, and flexible". Similarly there is this misconception about extroversion/introversion and thinking/feeling that is both difficult for the outsider to judge by, and somewhat confusing for the individual. For whatever reason, people seem to confuse extroversion with outgoingness and introversion as shyness or social awkwardness, which is simply untrue. That, in itself, probably causes a lot of people to mistype themselves. Additionally, people seem to think that thinking and feeling are mutually exclusive, which they aren't. Being a "feeling" type doesn't mean that you are illogical, it simply means that ethics/feelings are more natural and of a higher priority to you. Even then, both parts can work hand-in-hand. So a lot of people will see "feeling/ethics" as the anti-thesis of "thinking/logic" and say "I'm not illogical!" thereby completely disregarding half of the 16 types as "not theirs".
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say is probably 5.1% of the world's population is ILE.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But where are you getting this number?

EDIT: Also, that would go with mine and Riddy's average idea, since 5&#37; is a little less than 1/16th
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    But where are you getting this number?
    I use a computer program to compile statistics on everyone I've typed; the sample is by no means unbiased.

I'm not really sure there are any theoretical reasons for an even type distribution, but it's consistent with my observations and I tend to assume it anyway, for the same reason that I assume that any inconsistencies I see mean I'm missing something rather than a problem with socionic theory - every time I do it ends up being right. Here are the rest of the current stats, btw:

ILE: 0.051
    SEI: 0.068
    ESE: 0.073
    LII: 0.054
    SLE: 0.038
    IEI: 0.058
    EIE: 0.066
    LSI: 0.066
    SEE: 0.054
    ILI: 0.068
    LIE: 0.063
    ESI: 0.077
    IEE: 0.066
    SLI: 0.063
    LSE: 0.049
    EII: 0.06

It's basically even, as you can see - and it used to be much less so. This includes only people I've met IRL, and no one from the16types.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm glad this isn't an arbitrary number (not that I think you would pull something entirely out of you ass, but I'm a history major after all, sources for facts = key )

And it's cool that you've kept a record of this and it seems so even. If I had any kind of long-term motivation, I would try that.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Distribution of types depends upon where you are in the world, but from my observations, in central and eastern (especially eastern) Virginia and from people I know of who lived in Florida, ILE-Ti are pretty common. But I don't think they're the most common, especially in the third world. Most ILE-Ti are females (55-78% of ILE-Ti alive today are females). MBTI statistics don't correlate well with socionics.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've taken note of a few disparate statistics here and there - the distribution of some agreed phenotypical representation seems to be equal

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not very likely. Stability wise I see very little sense for this to happen. I don't really know but I don't see ILE's jumping out more frequently just by basing this on being in front of many people within close enough proximity ... just enough to get a glimpse.

I can't say really about the numbers whether is it the average or below or maybe slightly above.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with David Keirsey who mentions in his book "please understand me II" that intuitives only make up around 15% of the population. he spend over 4 decades analysing types from many different angles. there are no statistics obviously, but Ni base types seem to be the rarest in my opinion.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Not very likely. Stability wise I see very little sense for this to happen. I don't really know but I don't see ILE's jumping out more frequently just by basing this on being in front of many people within close enough proximity ... just enough to get a glimpse.

I can't say really about the numbers whether is it the average or below or maybe slightly above.
    If it's ok to ask... What do you mean by "stability wise"?
    Last edited by Disturbed; 09-15-2019 at 09:43 PM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    If it's ok to ask... What do you mean by "stability wise"?
    I don't particularly see ILE's being very good for society in larger amounts at least how majority of people likes to conduct their lives.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENTP mb the most type wrongly assigned to themselves by Jung typology fans
    Augustinavichiute could be the 1st such she may to have EIE

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's very likely that Gulenko mistyped her when he directly interacted with her, especially if she would be an EIE, a very demonstrative and emotionally expressive type.

IMG_20190916_213549_021.jpg

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not all EIE are "very demonstrative and emotionally expressive". They're definitely not expressive all the time.

TIM
    Cyberbird
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't ILE supposed to be some sort of Promethean genius above the common herd? If it's the most common type now, goes to show what people abusing typology to fulfill their fantasies because they're not willing to get out of life what they put in does to people's perceptions of types.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wonder what emotions have done to Sol. Did his parents chain him to chair to watch beta drama including opera and have a sing along with a soprano 24/7?
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    Cyberbird
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    I wonder what emotions have done to Sol. Did his parents chain him to chair to watch beta drama including opera and have a sing along with a soprano 24/7?
    This is definitely what happened.

TIM
    Cyberbird
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I’ll tell you a closely-kept secret: it’s Alpha NTs in general that are smarter than everyone else. All that makes ILEs special is that they have better Fe and can better convince the masses of their genius.

Don’t tell anyone!
    Even if for some reason I thought some people were secret geniuses and this served some beneficial purpose, now I wouldn't have to tell anyone!

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLEs are the most common. SLE women are the most fertile of all although ILE-Ti women are also more fertile than the average. ILE are uncommon, especially in the third world, but they're good looking (EDIT: I meant the logical subtype) and have the highest IQ of all the types and publicly express their opinions and they're the most original and they want attention so they stand out more and they are extraverts so more people know about them and that's why they seem more common than they really are.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 06-12-2021 at 05:08 PM.

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLEs are the most common. SLE women are the most fertile of all although ILE-Ti women are also more fertile than the average. ILE are uncommon, especially in the third world, but they're good looking and have the highest IQ of all the types and publicly express their opinions and they're the most original and they want attention so they stand out more and they are extraverts so more people know about them and that's why they seem more common than they really are.

There’s a lot to unpack here but let’s throw the whole suitcase out shall we?
    ترفرف كالأجنحة غير المنظورة حول رأسي

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ibreen View Post
    There’s a lot to unpack here but let’s throw the whole suitcase out shall we?
    Thank you. Sorry. What do you mean?

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. Sorry. What do you mean?

it wasn’t a compliment, you’re welcome though. Just that everything you just said sounds like something you just pulled out of your ***.

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLEs are the most common. SLE women are the most fertile of all although ILE-Ti women are also more fertile than the average. ILE are uncommon, especially in the third world, but they're good looking and have the highest IQ of all the types and publicly express their opinions and they're the most original and they want attention so they stand out more and they are extraverts so more people know about them and that's why they seem more common than they really are.

>SLE types are the most fertile

Lol. What are SLEs? Cattle ready for breeding?

>ILE women are also fertile

I thought we graduated from socionics is not DNA school : (

>ILEs are uncommon especially in the third world

I know 5 ILEs well, compare that to the grand total 1 LSE and 1 SLI that I’ve typed in my life. And I’m from a third world country. Also, out of the few filipinos I’ve met, one of them is ILE, what does that say about how common they are?

ILEs are hunchback computer nerds with only slightly better appearance than an LII. Not that they care about how they look.

>they have the highest IQ

It’s easy to be fooled by ILEs, they tend to make people think they’re smart when really they read so many fact books they’re just regurgitating it at this point. Put them next to an LIE and you’ll see how their IQ holds up.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Disturbed, OK, from where do you pull this?

Did you know that IEI's have the biggest spacings between their toes?
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    Disturbed, OK, from where do you pull this?

Did you know that IEI's have the biggest spacings between their toes?
    keep your mouth shut you fertile lamb

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Disturbed

where did you go?

come -come back?

I was expecting more push from you ngl

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ibreen View Post
    @Disturbed

where did you go?

come -come back?

I was expecting more push from you ngl
    Thank you. Sorry. I actually enjoy the push from you and your strength your intellect and your style. What does ngl mean? I'm not sure why you came to the conclusion that ILE IQ won't hold up to an LIE in the same room? Were you thinking about the Ne subtype? Because the Ti subtype does have much higher I.Q. than the Ne subtype.

About SLE-Ti women and ILE-Ti women having more children... those were just my observations.

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. Sorry. I actually enjoy the push from you and your strength your intellect and your style. What does ngl mean? I'm not sure why you came to the conclusion that ILE IQ won't hold up to an LIE in the same room? Were you thinking about the Ne subtype? Because the Ti subtype does have much higher I.Q. than the Ne subtype.

About SLE-Ti women and ILE-Ti women having more children... those were just my observations.

looool no I’m a dumb 7w8 sensor who likes to stir things up.

just that ILEs are usually without experience and despite having a high IQ, they aren’t smart around people who are actually educated in a field. They come up with new angles at things which is easy to fall for when you aren’t educated in that field, but if you ask them about a topic you’re really well read on you’ll see how many ‘leaps’ in knowledge they make.

Any other type can see through it, but LIEs and ILIs are the best BS detectors you’d frequently see them arguing. The rest of us don’t care or not bothered argue with an ILE because it doesn’t affect our daily lives.

I didn’t take subtypes into account because I’m not there yet-

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There seems to be twice the number of F-types than T-types, and five times the number of S-types over that of N-types so I don't know where all the ENTps are hiding. I would have thought that the most common type would be from the SF-group......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    There seems to be twice the number of F-types than T-types, and five times the number of S-types over that of N-types so I don't know where all the ENTps are hiding. I would have thought that the most common type would be from the SF-group......

a.k.a. I/O
    Thank you. Sorry. I wonder which area of which country you live in because I've only lived in virginia and SLE-Ti is definitely the most common type in Southeastern Virginia. It also seems to be in central virginia also, and ILE-Ti are quite common. There was only one person I know to have been ILE-Ne I can remember meeting right off the top of my head, but there were many, many ILE-Ti near where I lived in eastern virginia and in central virginia. I'm not the most sociable person, but I've spent more of my life time (since I was real little) with SLE-Ti than any other type outside of my immediate family.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Disturbed I've worked with various people of different ethnicities in various foreign countries including a dozen or so of the states in the USA. One thing I've become very cautious about when trying to determine type: different geographical areas seem to place different expectations of social behaviour and appearance upon their local inhabitants. There were so many occasions when it was impossible to see the real person; I remember one time in Germany where I'd swear that everyone in a room of 200 or more was ISTj.......

a.k.a. I/O

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12