Thread: Are EIIs-INFjs really "Positivists" by Reinin traits?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are EIIs-INFjs really "Positivists" by Reinin traits?

I know what Reinin dichotomies say but are INFjs really positivists?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are more comfortable talking about what is good, or what there needs to be more of.
    As opposed to myself, who focuses on what there should be less of.

Don't confuse positive/negative with "criticism" or anything like that. ISTjs are positivists and they don't mind critiquing things at all.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Maybe slight off topic: Do you think INFjs are typically happy people...or are they more melancholy? That is something I've often wondered about INFjs - they seem to put on a brave smile, but that only seems to be skin deep .

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good call.

INFjs are generally concerned and deal with the injustices of the world. INTjs are that way too.
    I like making INFjs smile by doing nice things for them, making them feel safe, and protecting them generally. As such it makes me more prone to following their ethical standards, and I can influence or demonstrate for other people to act in that way too, so, I think that is part of the benefit of duality there.

they seem to put on a brave smile, but that only seems to be skin deep
    That is worded well.

INFjs can be happy, but I think it would be wrong to say they are not concerned about serious issues and the like. One description says: "they are certain that people want/need them to be calm, tranquil, and have a generally pleasant demeanor", or something like that. They can often be quite troubled, however, especially if they are being exploited, or see something where someone is exploited or ethically abused.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're super positive! But the comparison has to be made with ISFjs, not with say, ENTjs.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compared to ISFjs, yes, I would say they are more "positive".

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Are INFjs Negativists or Positivists

Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    I would say so. There is a distinct focus on positive human potential (the belief that I can be a better person, if I choose to be). This also has the effect of holding oneself to a standard that isn't quite ever reached. There is always something or some way that things could have worked out better, perhaps words of assurance held in check when hindsight reveals their necessity, or the like. In my experience, this mistake is a reoccurring one and the subject of one's deepest regrets. This constant self-evaluation tends to make them aware of the potential in others to improve themselves as well and, coupled with their own sense of the difficulties in the process, are likely to be very tolerant of the missteps of those around them. Other people are seen as potential values to be realized in addition to the self, and a feeling of fulfillment accompanies helping in a way that is meaningful for the other person. Realizing value in such a way is, I think, extremely positive.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Are INFjs Negativists or Positivists

Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    I guess so. When I'm not doing anything, I will daydream about how I want my ideal life to be. However, the more I hoped, the more disappointed I get when I realize that life doesn't go the way I want. I hate it when others tell me to be more realistic. I strongly believe that my dreams will eventually come true and my idealism helps me look forward to every day of my life.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think INFJs are always positive about the potential of humanity, individual humans, and interpersonal relationships. They can be slightly negative about individuals, especially if someone has "wronged" them. They are usually very pessimistic about their own abilities.
    Usually if INFJs get mistaken for being negativists, it's because they are being very critical and overly analytical. However, I think that this is actually a consequence of their positivism paired with their perfectionism. It's because of their positive outlook- their belief in the good of humanity and people's ability to live up to a certain ideal- that they expect SO much from everyone around them (a consequence of their perfectionism). I think this is the main reason for most of INFJs "sadness." It really personally upsets me when someone does something crappy because it seems to be one specific case that contradicts my principles on humanity in general.
    A good comparison to make is between ENFJs and INFJs. Although I will agree with my ENFJ mother's assessment of people's underlying motives, sincerity, etc, I don't agree with the general tone of her assessment. I can't pinpoint exactly what bothers me about it. It's almost as if she sees herself as without flaw and yet flaws are all she can focus on with other people. Often she tends to see my desire to look past the flaws and concentrate on the general good of the person as a sign of naivete (that I don't see what is happening below the surface and will be conned). I try to tell her that I do agree with her observations, but I just differ in the focus/conclusion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yomama
    Last edited by betterthandead; 08-03-2008 at 04:09 PM.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

betterthandead Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:30 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come on, show your true selves. Deep inside you're like Anakin Skywalker aka. Darth Vader. Release your fury, Yoga Whole Foods shopper.
    Warning: this is violent.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=p1QVwawhXMc[/youtube]

First 40 seconds, then minute 2:40 on. Kenshin = the man. This is an extreme and it's animated, but still... However, I don't agree at all with what he did in some parts of the movies.