TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics types and flirting

inspired by the INTj flirting thread..

hello. What is your type and how do you flirt?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an ENTp and I don't.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure but people say they could tell I like someone by giggling and get embarrassed more easily.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am ESFp and flirt by laughing, joking +playing around, looking good and acting silly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    I'm INFp and I flirt by saying hello....

Not really although there is some truth to it, it's just the amount of attention I pay to them (and how many sexual signals I let slip )
    Don't forget the eye contact!

Artemis/AKA Ishy (my alter ego -- my same ego - huh?)
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I am ESFp and flirt by laughing, joking +playing around, looking good and acting silly.
    My ESFp is like that all the time!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I could be like that sometimes. Yes I tend to make my self act like afool in front of someone I like.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taz
    I'm not sure but people say they could tell I like someone by giggling and get embarrassed more easily.
    Taz, I see you as like that all the time. You seem so shy and it almost sounds like you apologize for posting every time you post. Too funny! Hope I didn't you!

I’m INTp and I apparently win for involuntary flirting. I’m not sure how I go about it.

I hate sundays. It’s raining anyway, what a paradox.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't exactly flirt. I like to play hard to get. Although occasionally, I turn into an overly bubbly, overly excited, overly complimentary type and I absolutely hate when I do that. I usually try to appear calm, cool and collected when in the presence of someone I have an interest in. It's almost like a test. A lot of men seem intimidated because I'm not as 'easy to get' as some females and I'm not the most approachable either. I dont mind it though, I purpously do this...it weeds out the ones who expect something I cannot give them.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be a huge flirt in my single days. Not always intentionally . . .

I still like to joke a bit, and people will always consider that to be flirting whether it is intended that way or not.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I don't exactly flirt. I like to play hard to get. Although occasionally, I turn into an overly bubbly, overly excited, overly complimentary type and I absolutely hate when I do that. I usually try to appear calm, cool and collected when in the presence of someone I have an interest in. It's almost like a test. A lot of men seem intimidated because I'm not as 'easy to get' as some females and I'm not the most approachable either. I dont mind it though, I purpously do this...it weeds out the ones who expect something I cannot give them.
    I gotta admit sounds like me. And if guys get tired about having to try hard, to me it's ok. Since I only become really interested if the guy is really crazy about me and ready to do almost anything for me. Otherwise what's the point for him to date me. :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    Quote Originally Posted by taz
    Taz, I see you as like that all the time. You seem so shy and it almost sounds like you apologize for posting every time you post. Too funny! Hope I didn't you!
    lol, it true I guess . It just me to apolagize everytime I talk I don't like people being mad at me (unless there mean to my friend of course), I'm just not confident in myself either I guess . Oh I just remember when playing the sport, You could tell I really like the guy when I play really rough as to knock him down and challenge him to get me back. But really I do tend to giggle alot more than usual, and joke around if I like the guy :wink:.

Hey why aren't the guys posting in this thread?
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cause we're all nerds and we don't know how to flirt
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol,
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You wana know how INFPs flirt? Quiver away into the nearest corner.... stare at you and not really realize they're probobly creeping you out and then imagine that they actually are flirting with you.

At least this INFP anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahahahah, I think that was correct

Quiver away into the nearest corner.... stare at you and not really realize they're probobly creeping you out and then imagine that they actually are flirting with you.
    We're burning holes in their heads
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    You wana know how INFPs flirt? Quiver away into the nearest corner.... stare at you and not really realize they're probobly creeping you out and then imagine that they actually are flirting with you.

Yep yep. I guess it's the avoidant within me, but I tend to completely deny that I like someone if I'm into them. I refuse to go up and talk to them and start up a conversation. Then I go home and let the aching thoughts of "what might have been" consume me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep yep. I guess it's the avoidant within me, but I tend to completely deny that I like someone if I'm into them. I refuse to go up and talk to them and start up a conversation. Then I go home and let the aching thoughts of "what might have been" consume me.
    100% dito... lol. Sad, but true, isn't it?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby

Ehm...what happens when you fall in love with a friend?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100% dito... lol. Sad, but true, isn't it?
    Totally. It's like some insane self-inflicted torture! But damn, those visions of what could be are incredibly beautiful sometimes... which just makes the yearning and the aching worse... and then, when you see the person again, you can't help but stare and bore holes into their souls projecting all those beautiful dreams into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Ehm...what happens when you fall in love with a friend?
    I tend to completely deny that I like the person - even if we're friends! Unless something breaks us out of our cacoon, we won't emerge and initiate anything. INFps don't exactly flirt in the popular sense <- clues emerge without our conscious effort, but we tendpretty much to stay within our comfortable little bubble of dreams.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thank you. I think I will open a new thread in Beta about this...
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby

Oh, you meant flirting for real? I am all out like I posted previously when I don't mean it, but when I do . . . just like these two . . . you will never know!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I'm an ENTp and I don't.
    To expand on this...

I'm an ENTp and I generally don't. A lot of times people think I am when I am not, just because I pay attention to them I guess. These days I guess the closest thing I do to flirting is talking in codes.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to flirt all the time before I was married. Other people used to think it was flirting, anyways. I just thought I was having fun!
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    I used to flirt all the time before I was married. Other people used to think it was flirting, anyways. I just thought I was having fun!
    Yeah. Why do people automatically think that if a girl opens her mouth she is flirting or giving a come-on? Excuse us for being nice and wanting to join the fun.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe

When I was single I didn't flirt much. If I wanted a guy, flirting was too slow. I would just simply flat out ask him if he was interested in being with me or walk up to him and start kissing him. Hehe, they were always very shocked, never saw it coming.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    hehe

When I was single I didn't flirt much. If I wanted a guy, flirting was too slow. I would just simply flat out ask him if he was interested in being with me or walk up to him and start kissing him. Hehe, they were always very shocked, never saw it coming.
    And how did things turn out? You always leave us hanging!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I get the feeling men think i'm flirting with them when I honestly have no interest. I'm just too polite to tell them to get lost so I feel like i'm forced to conversate with them even though I dont want to. It's gotten me in some uncomfortable situations.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve: ahahahahhahahahahhaha

Ummm... as for the success of my efforts... There was one guy that resisted, and ironically there is no doubt that he liked me than all of the rest of them combined. I knew this, but I don't handle frustration well... So I took it to mean that this guy (an INTj I reckon) was more effort than he was worth and that he and I were simply not as compatible as I had hoped. At that point I started dating husband #1.
    SEE

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I don't really pay much attention to what I'm doing when I'm flirting.

But I tend to hold their hands. And look into their eyes.

Other than that, we tend to hold close physical distance, and mirror each other.

There's also the non-flirting I do, where I'm just talking a lot, and people pay me lots of attention. Which can be kind of difficult; as I don't like being crowded. So I like to drag people off somewhere.

I like it, when they just fall into place. And there's this close awareness of each other, that goes beyond words.

I also get the whole Why-Does-Everyone-Want-My-Attention thing. And then I try to move the attention onto someone else.

I still don't know what type I am though.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*cough* ESTp *cough*
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just simply flat out ask him if he was interested in being with me or walk up to him and start kissing him. Hehe, they were always very shocked, never saw it coming.
    ha... thats so awesome.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not all do... but perhaps the I types are more likely to?
    SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone were to jump on me like that, I'd probably think something like: "Well, this is nice, I suppose...wait, her lack of fear must mean she's an expert at this. I'm just another sap that she'll discard in a few weeks." Then I'll probably never return her calls.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah, Cone... it happened to me before, and thats exactly what I did. But that's because I had never met the girl before and it was just wayyy to sudden.

If it was somebody I had know for a while and they had done the same thing, I'm not sure what I'd do. I do generally prefer people being direct with me, like utterly, in-your-face direct, because I don't tend to pick up on obvious things, but this chick was litterly saying like, "I love you...", and I was like "woah.... back off a wee bit there."

However, if it had been someone I had been building a relationship with... just a friendly non-flirting one I mean, and they came to likeing me, I would probly rather have them say it then just flirt constantly. Because thats the problem with flirting. People who flirt half the time flirt with EVERY person on the street their attracted to, and half the time people who seem like their flirting don't mean to be. So thats why I say it's better that you just tell me to my face.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah, Cone... it happened to me before, and thats exactly what I did. But that's because I had never met the girl before and it was just wayyy to sudden.
    lol, well excuuuuse me!

but this chick was litterly saying like, "I love you...", and I was like "woah.... back off a wee bit there."
    yeah, that's totally different... I'm very hesitant with saying "love"... that's something serious that too many people throw around way too easily.

However, if it had been someone I had been building a relationship with... just a friendly non-flirting one I mean, and they came to likeing me, I would probly rather have them say it then just flirt constantly. Because thats the problem with flirting. People who flirt half the time flirt with EVERY person on the street their attracted to, and half the time people who seem like their flirting don't mean to be. So thats why I say it's better that you just tell me to my face.
    exactly. plus flirting is too slow and not knowing what's up is too nerve wracking. and the people who were in this situation with me had seen me in social situations and seen me get hit on a lot and seen that I wasn't interested in those people but was still nice to them. that's why they'd have this "whoa, why me?" reaction.

At the end of the day, this is what it comes down to. I'm very very good at reading people, but very bad at making myself understood. That is why I take an "actions speak louder than words" tactic. I realize that it's not right for everyone, but... neither am I. I can tell if a person is attracted to me though, and I have never just pounced on someone who wasn't.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love shy guys. They appreciate every little thing you do and are so loyal and loving in return. My hubby persued me and it was quite frightening at first but then it made me feel so special.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAHHHHHHHHH I can't be persued. Makes me very irritated.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always liked being persued - it was a bit of an ego stroke I suppose - but there's something about guys who seem a little unsure of themselves that always made me want to be the one persuing.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast