Quote Originally Posted by Minde
Quote Originally Posted by aut0
That went right over your head

The idea is that we take our strong functions for granted, the things I'm good at I don't think are special, I assume everyone else can do it too, so when I get something from my dual I feel bad cause I can't offer them anything like they can offer me, except the dual probably feels the same way in terms of what I offer them (at least I'd hope).
No, I got you the first time. I just don't entirely believe you. So, what is it you think you get from your duals that you can't get elsewhere?
Are you kidding? I want my dual to protect me. Toss me in the woods and I'll figure out how to find my way back (or get eaten by a bear ), but ask me about personal relationships or emotions and I'll shut down. I need someone who can take care of those things for me. I've always been attracted to ESFJs, they're gorgeous, but it's like we're butting heads, I can't ever be sure that they're going to protect me.

Oh yeah! Duals are really good at giving ideas or alternative solutions that I can't see on my own.