Thread: What function brings the most irritation?

Creepy-ms k

Default What function brings the most irritation?

.. from others?

When someone is talking about something you have opinions about, and it annoys or upsets you in some way when it is being talked about? You have some kind of personal feelings or thoughts about the subject, and discussion or "mistreatment" of this subject causes you irritation.

Which function would this be?

For example, I know someone who will not discuss art with anyone, though she obviously enjoys it and has opinions about it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PoLR.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea... are there any examples of topics that tie to each specific function.
    thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To tie topics to a specific function would be extremely limiting to human thought.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-heathiep

alright i have a decent example, which i think is Ti, which i can sort of despise. i have this friend, a real negative, spiteful sort of guy. Well anyway, he's my roommate. and in the town i live in and amongst my group of friends and most people, i'm known for my ability to play the drums(i'm pretty goshdarn good), and anyway, whenever we go to a local concert or any musical event, he always talks about what HE thinks about the drummer, and says "he does this, that, etc" and it bugs the shit out of me, mostly because this guy plays drums as well(mine!!) and he's pretty awful(though improving, even tho i sometimes here my licks on his shit). I think this sort of evaluation is annoying, in fact anytime we listen to music he talks about every musician in the band and judges them on talent and how cool they can play. I dunno, he's the most opinionated human being i've ever met, and he has no shame in telling his opinion to everyone(i find this act, anytime, anywhere completely fucking boring). I think he's an istj or istp, he's so miserable to be around, hardly ever laughs out loud, and is just SPITEFUL about everything. one person that can occasionally make me feel bad about myself.

ahh!

Creepy-heathiep

another little example of his behavior was today we were at work and this girl just sort of motioned to him to throw away and piece of trash and he was like, "what you want me to throw this away?" and she said "yeh"(she's very kindhearted) and he was like, "you should have just asked." he was not saying this very playfully. that's just rude man it drives me nuts. I try to get him back, i treat him exactly how he treats other people, and he flips out sometimes. most recently he was like "heath you are just fucking perfect. you should run for senator. seriously. perfect. senator." he said this in the heat of aggression it was really weird. it was all tension from my week's of calling him on all his shit(as he often does others). mmmm lordy!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    istj!
    No, that doesn't sound right -- ISTjs are not known for sarcasm and they are concerned about "proper" behavior.

Perhaps an INTj with a lot of "issues"?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

istjs aren't known for sarcasm (like isfj style sarcasm) but they say things that are really obnoxious and i don't even think they realize it.

and proper behavior... that is hard to say. they are critical as hell though, i know that. intjs have a lot more tact. meaning they know when to SHUT IT! (;
    Good points -- the ISTjs I know do try to act according to their own conceptions of proper behavior, but they do say obnoxious things without realizing it - - quite often actually.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    To tie

topics to a

specific function

would be

extremely

limiting to

human

thought.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pedro, I swear...
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-heathiep

yeh i guess i failed to consider the amount of shit the guy has been through, he sort of comes from a family that entirely looks down upon him(his mom is a suicidal mess, dad a war hero), and his older brother is like god's gift to his parents because he's really well-rounded and starting a serious military career. so yeh, no one in his family ever treated him fair, and he is just spiteful from it.