Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to see the perspective in Gulenko's cognitive style

That only one side: Causal-Determinist
    The opposite of that only one side: Holographical-Panoramic
    Both of that one side and the opposite of that only one side: Dialectical-Algorithmic
    All of them a.k.a both of both that only one side (x2) and the opposite of that one side (x2): Vortical-Synergetic
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deductive View Post
    The opposite of that only one side: Holographical-Panoramic
    I usually see LII's being backwards in their reasoning and VS types at times are just utterly uninterested in truth. I see all sorts of labels being applied as dangerous especially with contradictions but VS type can be fine with it [I would completely loose my inner peace].
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    I usually see LII's being backwards in their reasoning and VS types at times are just utterly uninterested in truth. I see all sorts of labels being applied as dangerous especially with contradictions but VS type can be fine with it [I would completely loose my inner peace].
    When you said "labels", what do you mean? Are you referring to them labelling people/groups of people, or just using them in general?

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dialectical-Algorithmic is what all of us in this thread have. Discussion of this is only of interest to DA. Hahaha.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao, I mean Dialectical-Algorithmic types, especially EIE and ILI, have a knack to build their own perception about these cognitive styles.
    And they, more than often, are being absorbed by these "cognitions" when it comes to the syntactic mode of thinking.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor
    Lmao, I mean Dialectical-Algorithmic types, especially EIE and ILI, have a knack to build their own perception about these cognitive styles.
    And they, more than often, are being absorbed by these "cognitions" when it comes to the syntactic mode of thinking.
    Pardon me if I’m misunderstanding you, but it sounds like you’re saying DA types (mostly EIE/ILI) are prone to creating their own idea of what the different CSs are supposed to be like. I’m assuming you mean that all types do this, but that DAs are more susceptible to getting ‘stuck on’/somewhat obsessed with trying to figure them out?

I don’t quite understand what you mean about ‘being absorbed’ with ‘syntactic modes of thinking’ exactly, but from
    what I know DAs can be quite impressionable in some ways.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this cognition seems to have a willingness of being interested to this kind of stuff more since they prefer to understand the mechanism of process according to the available possibilities, this is something that Casual thinker severely lacks since they really don't prefer to complicate an already complicated perception according to them, and since Dialectical thinker is a negativist, they are prone to doubt these interpretations and therefore trying to understand these styles as they have a tendency to have these styles to be more "transparent" or in other words, fleshed out from its current raw and generalized concept, the one which made by Gulenko. Also, I'm not quite sure about what you really mean by 'impressionable in some ways here', but I think that they are mostly drawn by correlations and examples at most.

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Well, this cognition seems to have a willingness of being interested to this kind of stuff more since they prefer to understand the mechanism of process according to the available possibilities, this is something that Casual thinker severely lacks since they really don't prefer to complicate an already complicated perception according to them, and since Dialectical thinker is a negativist, they are prone to doubt these interpretations and therefore trying to understand these styles as they have a tendency to have these styles to be more "transparent" or in other words, fleshed out from its current raw and generalized concept, the one which made by Gulenko. Also, I'm not quite sure about what you really mean by 'impressionable in some ways here', but I think that they are mostly drawn by correlations and examples at most.
    Okay, yeah, that's how I understand the main theory behind DA then.
    Regarding 'impressionability', I think I'm sort of paraphrasing something Gulenko said about DA-style being impressionable (as in, kind of malleable), but that might have just been in reference to EIEs specifically.

EDIT: Okay, it was this section in particular, from Gulenko's Cognitive Styles:

The EIE Sociotype has a very suitable psyche for suggestive influence. It is characterized by so-called moments of imprint vulnerability. In these moments an intense suggestion is triggered and imprint the prerequisites of which are a state of extreme fear, confusion, or surprise...Exploiting this paradoxical nature of Dialectical types, shock therapy is capable of completely reprogramming their conception of reality, including core value judgments.
    Basically, that EIEs in particular are more susceptible to their perceptions being radically altered in specific high-stress/intensity circumstances. So I was close to the mark in a way, though I guess who knows how true this is relative to other types.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345