Thread: Socionics Types and The Five Love Languages

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics Types and The Five Love Languages

There's a book I've read part of (so far) called The Five Love Languages that suggests that different people express love and want to have love expressed primarily in one of five ways: compliments, physical touch, acts of service, spending time together, or gifts.

Could this be related to socionics type?

I think I like compliments, and spending time together. I can't decide which is more important to me.

I think my husband (ISTp) likes acts of service.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like physical touch in terms of romance.

I'll jump out on a limb, but I seek sensual stimulation(dual seeking) in order to obtain romantic energy(hidden agenda). That's usually what I'm thinking about when I'm in the presence of an attractive girl.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say it works the same for me as it does for Wads.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waddles W
    I like physical touch in terms of romance.

I'll jump out on a limb, but I seek sensual stimulation(dual seeking) in order to obtain romantic energy(hidden agenda). That's usually what I'm thinking about when I'm in the presence of an attractive girl.
    .. I don't think that's dual-seeking. I think that's just everybody.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but most people think love is supposed to be more than that, not JUST that.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Five Love Languages

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    There's a book I've read part of (so far) called The Five Love Languages that suggests that different people express love and want to have love expressed primarily in one of five ways: compliments, physical touch, acts of service, spending time together, or gifts.

Could this be related to socionics type?

I think I like compliments, and spending time together. I can't decide which is more important to me.

I think my husband (ISTp) likes acts of service.
    physical touch is definitely somewhere at the top But time spent together is really important. Actually I like them all... Im greedy. There is nothing nicer though, when someone will actually hang out with you at a laundramat. Now thats love

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, there's how you express and how you want others to express to you, which are two different things.

I express with gifts and acts of service.

What I want from DH is spending time (and physical touch, heh.)
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Well, there's how you express and how you want others to express to you, which are two different things.

I express with gifts and acts of service.

What I want from DH is spending time (and physical touch, heh.)
    Oh yeah, thats a good point. I think I would be compliments and encouragement. I would like to say time spent together but hmmm..I always have too much going on. But Im willing to work on that aspect. I am quite affectionate and willing to do acts of service definitely. Actually just about most stuff (reasonably) to make the other person happy. Im hard to catch but when Im caught, you pretty much have a love slave on your hands.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if someone tells me they appreciate me, I will believe them. So I think compliments. maybe acts of service, as I understand some people aren't good with words. Im very affectionate myself, but I don't know if they need to touch me. They just need to not care if i touch them all the time

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that they are all important.

personally I like to give compliments and I would like my partner to want to spend time with me doing something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, much as I am loath to admit it, I like compliments. They can put me on a lovely high for a whole day, if not longer. I almost never give them though. It's a failing of mine.

Physical touch is nice, but I like to initiate it. It freaks me out if someone does touches me unexpectedly. Though, after the initial awkward shock, I'm okay with it.

Acts of service. I do this. But the person generally has to voice the need or want or whatever otherwise, I'm too dense to think of it on my own.
    As for being on the receiving end, I always feel like I owe the person and feel guilty if I can't return the favor.

Spending time is great. This is my favorite. But I like to be doing things together or discussing something interesting, that way the conversation doesn't get boring.

Gifts. Sure, I like gifts... just don't ask me to give you a list. I think if you're going to give someone a gift, it should show that you know them and what they like.
    Giving gifts... Only if I can do what I just described... I get really excited and impatient when I have a surprise prepared for someone...so much so that I'm tempted to give it to them early.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible