I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only difference from what I can see with Kam's response and how I feel is:

bugs are cool, although camping is only cool sometimes.

I like to play with my style.

Possibly I sacrifice a fair bit for comfort.

But that's about it. And I still think I'm def. Fe
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    late to this convo. but anyway. My dad is SEI-Fe and a good friend of mine is SEI-Si. They're similar. Here are the differences between the ones I know:

Si is totally into gardening, camping, hiking

Fe hates bugs and would rather eat a huge bowl of ice cream (tho they both have a sweet tooth and LOVE to eat)

Si is less emotionally expressive on the whole. rarely gushes but does enjoy talking
    Fe often gushes, deep gasps of excitement, gets excited about lots of stuff

Si prefers to be in the background
    Fe likes attention and admiration

Si has strong opinions about style, dressing, taste
    Fe doesn't seem to care quite as much about that stuff

Si is an artist and more interested in fine art
    Fe is a musician and more into music (tho they both like and appreciate both)

Si likes to be funny but not overdo it. more subtle
    Fe practical joker, likes to get a huge rise out of people

Si will sacrifice everything for emotional comfort
    Fe tolerates more emotional ups and downs

Si is anal about the house being neat
    Fe is anal about the doors being locked at night. borderline OCD

I know some of these are more about the individuals here than types (my dad is quirky--he was an overprotected only-child) but maybe it gives a general picture of how two SEIs can be different.
    I think people say I'm Si subtype

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

late to this convo. but anyway. My dad is SEI-Fe and a good friend of mine is SEI-Si. They're similar. Here are the differences between the ones I know:

Si is totally into gardening, camping, hiking
    Fe hates bugs and would rather eat a huge bowl of ice cream (tho they both have a sweet tooth and LOVE to eat)

Si is less emotionally expressive on the whole. rarely gushes but does enjoy talking
    Fe often gushes, deep gasps of excitement, gets excited about lots of stuff

Si prefers to be in the background
    Fe likes attention and admiration

Si has strong opinions about style, dressing, taste
    Fe doesn't seem to care quite as much about that stuff

Si is an artist and more interested in fine art
    Fe is a musician and more into music (tho they both like and appreciate both)

Si likes to be funny but not overdo it. more subtle
    Fe practical joker, likes to get a huge rise out of people

Si will sacrifice everything for emotional comfort
    Fe tolerates more emotional ups and downs

Si is anal about the house being neat
    Fe is anal about the doors being locked at night. borderline OCD

I know some of these are more about the individuals here than types (my dad is quirky--he was an overprotected only-child) but maybe it gives a general picture of how two SEIs can be different.
    I'm thinking I'm definitely Si at this point. I love camping, hiking and outdoorsy stuff like that. I don't mind bugs and spiders and things - though I draw the line at toads ... and mice. I'm not that gushy of a person either. Clothes? I'm not that fussy about them - comfort is the number one priority for me when it comes to clothes.

I'm not really into fine art though - I'll do it - but it gets a bit too tedious for me after a while. Music is my thing - hugely. I'm definitely more subtle funny then 'out there' funny - people often wonder whether I'm joking or not. And definitely a LOCKED house over a neat house - that's an easy one.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp-SI
    <3

They sound way more appealing.
    That's probably why I've always had a thing
    for ISTps.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I told you redbaron was good. Tell me I'm right now, ok??
    You were right Dolphin. I meant to ask her about it, but I forgot about it. Good call!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm an Si subtype.

Are there any online descriptions?

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    I think I'm an Si subtype.

Are there any online descriptions?
    yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk if you saw this already Mime but it's here:
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=SEI_subtypes

hmmm. and yet another reason to take what I said in my vid with a grain of salt...that website describes SEI movements as graceful.

hmmmmmm. I think I'm probably an Si subtype but I dunno.

oh and thanks for the link dolphin. =)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes my dad is ISFp-Fe. What do you want to know? He's great!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HA--that's true about the eyes glowing thing. My dad's eyes seriously light up whenever people talk about random interesting things. He gets excited about nearly everything. It's refreshing to feel his genuine enthusiasm. His eyes get big and the edges of his mouth turn up and his attention is riveted. It's pretty cute. My SEI-Si friend isn't quite that enthusiastic. He'll smile but it's not the same nearly-jumping-out-his-seat-excitement that my dad shows.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that explains my attraction to women whose eyes light up.
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post
    Well that explains my attraction to women whose eyes light up.
    yeah they're lovin' that
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general I like Si-ISFps. Fe-ISFps have a tendency to annoy me.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    In general I like Si-ISFps. Fe-ISFps have a tendency to annoy me.
    Alrighty then, we'll split them up.
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's ok Allie, I'm ttly gamma now

Let's be friends!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes me very sad for the SEI. Also angry.
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey JXRTES.

I know exactly how she feels.

Good times!

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    She's quiet but extroverted. Don't know if that makes sense.
    It does, because there's a difference between 'psychological extroversion' (Carl Jung) and 'social extroversion' (Hans Eysenck), although the two concepts probably overlap somewhat.

Apart from that, you've given a pretty accurate description of the relationship between me and my girl friend. They only thing I might add, is that sometimes I get tired of two things: her constantly asking questions of what I consider to be of a nature, and her attempts to influence my emotional state using . This forces me sometimes to establish clear boundaries
    Last edited by consentingadult; 07-12-2008 at 12:54 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I'm not really sure. But the impression I get from studying socionics is that some Fe egos are on the look out for difficult relationships that challenge them in some ways to try to change the person they are with, at least early on in life.

For ISFps, duality can be unappealing because their duals are like-minded enough to be too easily responsive to Fe. But because they need to feel some kind of greater creativity in a relationship, they look elsewhere for that source.

Many ISFps are actually attracted to beta STs more than they are to ILEs, and this results in many years of self-inflicted emotional abuse and failed expectations as many beta STs readily prefer the kind of Fe coming from their intuitive duals.

But this is more than an ISFp thing, all Fe egos want to excercise their Fe in more special ways than, say, just cooking dinner for someone. And early in life relationships with their duals can be perceived as such, and only as such. Which is preposterous of course.
    Hmmmm. interesting. I think a lot of SF men are attracted to NF women. My theory is that men tend to act more T than F even when they're F, because of cultural reasons. And men "expect" women to be Fe/Fi over Te/Ti. I also think ISFp guys can be attracted to beta NFs because there's something about that underlying intensity that makes them feel alive.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think one of my aunts is Fe-ISFp. She's very easygoing, and she makes people who she's just met feel part of the group by avoiding formalities. She's the type of person that people tend to confide in, because she's genuinely interested and sympathetic. She has an earthy warmth about her that is easy and comfortable, not all-encompassing. Keeping in touch doesn't seem to mean much to her; when she's here, she is caring and interested, and gets along spectacularly well with everyone, but she doesn't keep up correspondence once she's gone. She teases people a lot, but playfully, not in a hurtful way. She's very physically confident when she's moving, but when she's not, she can look a bit shy or unsure of herself. She can talk about people behind their back rather than confront them, but she doesn't act very warm to people she doesn't like. More politely distant. She's obliging and pretty much goes along with what the group wants to do and makes it fun for everyone. She's good at knowing when people are sincere or not. Very artistic - good at woodworking and painting etc.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you guys still think I'm ISFp-Fe?

And yes I have made cookies today *blushes*

The party I was at needed snacks though dammit! Snacks and music I tell you!

Going back to the party now

It started on Saturday and it's now Monday night

WIN!

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any particular reason you think she's Fe-ISFp instead of Si?
    I thought after I wrote that that she is probably Si. Shall I delete the post to maintain the integrity of your amazing thread?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Do you guys still think I'm ISFp-Fe?

And yes I have made cookies today *blushes*

The party I was at needed snacks though dammit! Snacks and music I tell you!

Going back to the party now

It started on Saturday and it's now Monday night

WIN!

I gave my brother a haircut for the first time in my life, and I made rice krispy treats tonight. Who's the ISFp?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I know two really well, I'm pretty certain I knew one about a year or two ago. This whole post is definitely going to be skewed toward the college/party scene though, so I don't know if anyone will find anything of value in it.

First off is probably my closest friend. I actually was thinking ESE for him for quite a while but based on intertype relations its pretty clear to me that EII is his benefactor and LSE is his supervisor. Basically, he's the most social, fun loving guy I know. Everywhere we go half the room knows him and he stops to talk to them or they come over to talk to him. If there's a party in town he knows about it and he's invited (well, at least before he lost his phone haha, but that story is coming shortly). He definitely helps me feel more comfortable in situations where I normally wouldn't be, like some of the parties we go to where I don't know very many people. Beyond that we just tend to laugh a lot (doesn't matter where/what we're doing, that's the primary goal and best way to describe what we're doing), play a lot of tennis (like 3 hours every other day), and smoke a fair amount of weed (frequently combined with tennis -- I think insanely active stoners is a phenomenon not very common outside of CO and maybe CA).

That said, he's always getting in trouble with the law, then again the only difference between us is I'm better at not getting caught haha. Anyway he got a felony in HS for dealing weed in the most retarded location possible, although its pretty strange regardless since we're basically in the weed capital of the US, but anyway he managed to get that off his record since he was a minor. He's still been able to rack up a laundry list of misdemeanors since then though, despite the fact anyone would tell you he's one of the nicest guys they've ever met.

Right now he's getting charged with another felony because he's just so fucking stupid haha. See, he was completely wasted and doing the reasonable thing by longboarding home instead of driving like the rest of us delinquents. Problem with that is he reacts terribly to bad situations and somehow he managed to completely lose his longboard and phone (with about 1000 #s in it and no back-up). Somehow in his drunken state apparently it seemed like a good idea to go completely ballistic on a truck parked nearby. Long story short the lady freaks out, calls the cops, and he managed to do over a grand in damage to it which automatically equals a felony. That said I doubt anything is going to come of it because the next day he went and saw the lady and apologized, got her in his camp. Personally I thought it would've ended there because the whole thing should've rested on her pressing charges. I'm not actually sure what's happening at this point though because this whole thing just went down Thursday I think.

The other SEI-Fe I currently know is my maybe girlfriend maybe FWB. She also has some problems right now, related but different. Basically she's a little ball of energy, very, very much a party girl. She's more in the background in any situation than my first friend though, but it's still the same story in that laughter tends to follow her around.

She's more of an enigma to me too. I never exactly know what she's thinking whereas with my first friend he tends to make his thoughts and feelings clear. When I tried to figure out where exactly I stood with her and how serious we are she got evasive and said something like "we're young, let's just have fun and not be too serious," which maybe was a test I failed, I don't know. See she says that, but I'm fairly certain she's not seeing other guys as I tend to have a lot of friends at any party she's at, and they'd definitely let me know if she's wandering off with random guys. Despite being a party girl and a frequent drug user she's not the super promiscuous type, oddly enough. I maybe reacted badly to that by having fun with other girls though haha; I mean, that's how I understood her statement.

Dunno, maybe I'm not treating her well enough. The nice thing about us though is she's the one person I know that if I just call her and I just have to go see some friends in Cali or I have to go visit some kids I grew up with that live in Seattle now, and I ask her to come, she'll say OK and figure out the rest later. Her current problem though seems to be an ever increasing snow habit. She got introduced to the stuff after we met (not from me, I mean I've used but only a few times). I wasn't too concerned at first because I mean the occasional unadulterated blow isn't that terrible for you, but it gets pretty scary when you get to full blown addiction. I mean, she's still a ways off from that but the intervals between seem to be getting smaller. I've tried talking to her about it and I'm going to try harder but its difficult because there's a line I know I can't cross that would put me into the realm of being controlling, and neither of us wants that.

Moving on, time for the only one I'm sure about, as my friend possibly could be ESE and the GF could possibly be Si. This one was a girl I got pretty close to in a geography class I think was about a year ago. We surely never would've noticed each other but one of the first things we did in the class were these group projects with four people per group. Obviously we ended up in the same group and from that point on we were inseparable in that class and quite frequently seeing each other outside it. Before and after class she'd always find time to stop and talk to everyone she knew and in class there'd always be a bubble of laughter around us, which probably was actually quite disruptive haha.

Of course, as often is the case, my retarded oblivion ended up ruining it. See, I'm fairly sure she never knew that I had been told she had a boyfriend she was living with. Now I mean hint #1 should've been that she never mentioned the boyfriend to me, hint #2 should've been how completely obvious it was to everyone in the world but me (damn them for not telling me. What is up with assholes and their assuming I'm not stupid), hint #3 should've been when she made her final attempt and practically threw herself at me. I must've confused the shit out of her, she probably just decided I was gay in the end, or that I wasn't physically attracted to her (I really hope the former). I mean, when we'd get to talking the world and everyone around us would just disappear for periods of time. It definitely was obvious that I enjoyed her company, but for some reason in my mind it was just "hey she's living with a dude she must be happy" and I never gave it more thought than that. Although I still have no idea where she would've lived if she started seeing me haha. Probably anything would've been better than staying with a guy I now know for a fact she had started to hate though.

Anyway, I knew she wasn't doing too well in that class, Geography is a pretty aggravating subject. I actually think the only reason she was still going towards the end was to see me (maybe I'm just being conceited now), but the day after she practically did everything but say to me "Hey I like you and I think you like me so we should go out or something" (that would've actually managed to get through my stupidity!) she withdrew from the class and stopped taking my calls. See, I was still saying the wrong things. I didn't realize what had actually happened until about 6 months later when I was just randomly like OHHH I AM RETARDED, and I did try calling her immediately right then, but the # had been disconnected.

It sucks too because I was going to get a tattoo. Weird thing to randomly throw out there, I know, and it definitely wasn't the point I was most disappointed about, but, you see, I've always wanted to get at least one tattoo. The problem is I am far too indecisive to pick one myself. A few days before that we had been talking about it, because, see, she worked as a tattoo artist, and I had agreed to let her give me a tattoo without me knowing what it would be. She guaranteed I'd like it and I definitely believed her and was pretty excited about it. For me the not knowing and the trust involved just made it better. Unfortunately my skin remains unmarked to this day. I guess it is remotely possible I saved myself from getting a tattoo of a dick like straight out of those Superbad drawings though

Anyway, I figured this might be a different perspective about (hopefully) the same type (unless I've completely failed in my typings) although I realize I've injected myself into the stories a bit too much maybe. I'm not really sure how to describe them in very much detail without talking about how they interact with me though. I do have a larger list of Si subs I know too, BTW.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that was a long post. just wow

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....and what type are you, o long-winded-one?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet, I made a short post. high fives all around

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*high five* that was the most concise post. ever.

must be nice to have so many duals in your life. I met my first last year and I'm 37 years old. haha
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmm yeah. Maybe it's a function of necessity. I've always been too messed up to survive on my own haha. If it wasn't for my duals I don't know how I would've made it. Maybe a more stable and balanced person wouldn't need them around so much

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, that would be silly. It's a good post. Just leave it there.

@ jxrtes: I'm supposed to be nice to you, but right I have an urge to hurt you. When you're like "She's probably Fe.....oh, oops, second thought, she's Si" I want to

@#$#@*$&#@$*^@!&#^

It might be insecurity, but it seems like most of the cool ISFps people think of as portrayed in media are Si.

Oh nevermind. I'm going to try to forget this stupid forum tonight.
    What about Amanda Byrnes? She seems Fe-ISFp to me.

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    What about Amanda Byrnes? She seems Fe-ISFp to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs_2cTedhBI
    Very likely IMHO. I am a FE-ISFp as well and can relate to her outgoing, bubbly behavior even though she is an introvert.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

must be nice to have so many duals in your life. I met my first last year and I'm 37 years old. haha
    lol, no shit... i hit 28 and still don't think I have...haha. I may be able to give you a run for your money...haha.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there any simple distinctions between Fe-ISFps and Si-ISFps? I related to Mimosa's description of her friend, but I'm honestly not sure which category I fall into. I've never given it any thought before, actually.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Are there any simple distinctions between Fe-ISFps and Si-ISFps? I related to Mimosa's description of her friend, but I'm honestly not sure which category I fall into. I've never given it any thought before, actually.
    Here is a description:
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...e=SEI_subtypes

I'm an Ethical subtype SEI and a lot of people would think I'm an ESFj-Si subtype, until you really get to know me.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macysmama View Post
    Here is a description:
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...e=SEI_subtypes

I'm an Ethical subtype SEI and a lot of people would think I'm an ESFj-Si subtype, until you really get to know me.
    Thank you! I've been googling a bit, but had yet to find this.

EDIT: Oh. I'm definitely Fe-ISFp based on what I read on that site. Definitely. The only thing that didn't fit was the clothing thing. I take good care of my personal appearance I'm very conscious of how I dress and I (do my best to) never look shabby.

... Oh yeah. And I'm not optimistic. I'm still way closer to Fe than Si, though.
    Last edited by calenwen; 07-17-2008 at 07:11 PM.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Thank you! I've been googling a bit, but had yet to find this.

EDIT: Oh. I'm definitely Fe-ISFp based on what I read on that site. Definitely. The only thing that didn't fit was the clothing thing. I take good care of my personal appearance I'm very conscious of how I dress and I (do my best to) never look shabby.

... Oh yeah. And I'm not optimistic. I'm still way closer to Fe than Si, though.
    One time my BIL saw me walking down the street and didn't recognize me and thought I was a homeless person! LOL That is just hilarious to me. hehe (I'm sure I still looked cute in that homeless kind of way)HAHAHA

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macysmama View Post
    One time my BIL saw me walking down the street and didn't recognize me and thought I was a homeless person! LOL That is just hilarious to me. hehe (I'm sure I still looked cute in that homeless kind of way)HAHAHA
    Haha, that makes me laugh.
    John Muir

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 02-25-2009 at 12:52 AM. Reason: mistyping

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I am a vampire.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast