Thread: Working of the functions

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Working of the functions.

I would like to invite you to talk about working of the functions so that it will be more clear to people of the different types how do they operate and come to expression. I would suggest to start with the two first functions which are the strongest one: 1- the function of you main interest, on which you collect the information about the world
    and 2 - your creative function, when you act upon your interest bringing something new to the information collected. Please, state your type which you think or know you are. And please, sign your type with the suggested names from socionics.

Sensory-logical Introvert. Master.
    Intuitive-ethical Extravert. Actor
    Logical-sensory Extravert. Administrator.
    Ethical-intuitive Introvert. Humanist.
    Intuitive-logical Introvert. Critic.
    Sensory-ethical Extravert. Leader
    Logical-intuitive Extravert. Experimentator
    Ethical-sensory Introvert. conservator
    Logical-sensory Introvert. Inspector.
    Ethical-intuitive Extravert. Teacher.
    Sensory-logical Extravert. Marshal.
    Intuitive-ethical Intorvert. Romantic.
    Logical-intuitive Introvert. Analyst.
    Ethical-sensory Extravert. Communicator
    Intuitive-logical Extravert. Inventor
    Sensory-ethical Introvert. Mediator.

I am Conservator and my first function is introverted emotion (feelings, ethics, energy) . That means I am not interested in showing my emotions but helping by other means - by teaching about emotions, ethics, relationship and etc. I do not influence people by my emotions ( ) but rather collect the knowledge about this area - people. That why I am ethical.

I am an action person, This is power directed into the external world. It is different from which is action directed at the harmony of feelings and world around you - estetic side of the person
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You gave good descriptions.

But for the description you have connected it with emotions. This would be incorrect for ISTp, but not for ISFp.

Can you do descriptions for all functions?

Creepy-

Default Master

ISTP - Master. This is misunderstanding around feelings and sensations.
    WE need to put the knowledge into the words with which we can describe the reality but not theory - simple and clear. I cant say I sense harmony in the surroundings/ I say I feel/see harmony. I feel smel not I see or sense smell.
    In fact feelings and sensations are one and the same thing for many people: I feel cold but I see beauty. - are both actions but into different directions. For example. I Have as a strong function. How I would react if I feel for some rason bad? I go and put an effort into what ever I see important at that particular moment - I will push things and move them around not I am not bothered how comfortable or estetical it is. If I would have - I would rather go and do something what makes me feel good: tidy the house or relax in the bath or wear nice clothes and go out for a nice meal....?

Well, it would be better to ask the Master to describe his stron function - not me!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries.

Sensory-logical Intratim- Master

Introverted sensing gets caught up in activities it enjoys. If you have a hobbie of carving out models, then you can get lost in your workshop for hours. If you enjoy a sport, you can practice it in your solitaire until fatigue kicks in; and you enjoy it. Working with something you love is where you get your energy and confidence from. You also dislike it when people try and predict what will happen; such as while watching a movie. You perfer to watch and enjoy what happens. You love details and specifics and vivid explinations. You perfer to see things in clarity rather than vagness. It perfers useful, practical things. You can sometimes ignore the problems of the future, deaming them as unimportant. Your comfort and personal space always takes priorety number one. You might have something important that you will have to take care of, but ignore it if you are not in the right mood. Losing track of time is a common problem for Introverted Sensing. This can lead to you either being late, or becoming overly neurotic about losing track of time. You might try to be early when you are going somewhere so you don't have to worry about time. Your body also has an ability of "taking care of itself". This means that if something doesn't feel right to you, such as being tired, you will naturally fall asleep ignoring other oblegations or tasks. You also dislike it when people suggest to you how to take care of yourself; you feel everyone should take care of their own personal space. Introverted Sensing also focuses on the experiences of the past a lot. This means that you can play back a past moment in your head, reliving it. You also observe often; when you are interested in something. This means that you can anaylze people, their body language, etc.. You are concious of your own body and can usually adapt and control it; such as you'd do while playing a sport. You are sensitive to touch and may not like it when people touch you who you want to push away from. You can also get into a comfort zone beause of this. Ted Williams would always order his baseball bats the the same exact width. One day, he got a bundle and grasped one of the bats in his hand. He immediately said, "too thin" and sent the bats back. Sure enough, the bats that were sent to him were 1/8th" too thin. Introverted Sensing does have to do with appearence, but when you see no need to socialize or are not around people, you can ignore this.

Te is about collecting information, facts, business, numbers, and observing traits. It is also the practical logic. Having Te as the creative function, you only do things which you feel have value and importance because you don't like to waste you energy or time. Te can sometimes be blunt when addressing a problem, not thinking about people's emotions at the current time. Using Te, the Master tries to pick up and be masterful at several diffrent things. These things you can use as a "tool" and try to apply them in several situations. The Master can sometimes want to be knowledgable in as many things as he can, even if it looks like they are stepping over their bounds in learning things that may not make sense to most people, but are interesting to the Master. Shaquille O'Neill is one of the richest, current athletes (second to Tiger Woods, actually), playing basketball in the NBA. Recently, he went off and got his MBA is business. Most people seemd to laugh that off as he may never need to be a business man himself, but the curiosity for knowledge is what drove him to do it. Ty Cobb is another example of an athlete who was like this; he was baseball's first millionaire. Interestingly, he never made much money from playing (never more than $20,000 a year). What he did was go into business and invested his money, playing the stock markets, advertising, etc... He also said that he always wished he'd went to college before he went into baseball... he wanted to study to be a doctor of some sorts. When he retired, he did go off to universties to learn some of these things. He watched surgeons performing operations and things along those lines because that was something he always wanted to do.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Master

Thank you to Rocky for such a detailed description. it's a shme that the others are not interested to say a few words at least about their fuctions.
    what shalle we do? Shall we continue with the discussion of other types ro just drop it?

By the way, I thought, it would be good if we would have on site a bank of visual recordings of all the different types. I do not know how to do it but I would try to do if I new.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Master

I would like to continue the brief description of the first two functions and invite those who know thier types for sure to step forward and bring some light into the working of the functions. Put it in your own words rather then from the books.

Master collects the info through his first function This means that he/she has an estra ability to feel the beautyand harmony and is very sensitive. He is aware of how comfortable he feels, is dressed, smell and other sensations and this is sort of info is selected from the world as a main interest. The person might go for different new expereinces like trevelling, tasting new food and etc..

Creative function is that means that he uses the info about sensations and applies it very practically for himself and for others. For example, he will not do the work if it will not bring a practical result - does not waste his time on "nonsense". If he does not like somebody he will try to avoid the person. If he feels that the task is too complex he will drop it. He is creative in a very practical sense -e.g. can make new things out of old ones.

Master will probably feel upset if somebody start to criticise his work as useless, not buaetiful or not comfortable. Or may if somebody can not simply appreciate his effort and practical knowledge.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wrote an article about the interaction of the functions of the ISTP.
    Please, have a look, you comments are wellcome.