Thread: Potential of Beta Quadra in Scientific Fields

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Potential of Beta Quadra in Scientific Fields

What do you think of potential of beta quadra types in scientific fields?

Of course it would depend on what kind of area in the vast world of modern science,

but I think beta quadra functions correlate quite well with some major qualities required to be a scientist.

For example, Ni and Ne would be important as a tool to find meaning behind the data and find links between different concepts. This would be the role of Beta NFs.

Ti and Te is also very crucial, to systemize theories and gather factual data. This would be the role of Beta STs.

Which is why NTs are very suitable as scientists since they are strong with all those functions.

But again Beta is kinda unlikely to be interested in science for the sake of itself, for their value is to affect the society with powers that have meaning in the real world, while science is very theoretical and often unpractical in some levels of research.

What's your opinion on this topic? Is there any notable scientists in the history or famous scientists today, or the acquaintances you know that are beta?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I imagine there are quite a few LSIs & SLEs in SCIENCE! ((especially LSIs since science is a rather introverted activity in a pure way)) I myself was always quite good at science in high school & college- I had a natural knack and understanding for it- there's a lot of Ti in science really, but it wasn't emotional enough for me to really be interested in it lol. Much of science is about observing the external world and how it really works as a kind of outsider without projecting your own biases into it- I'm not sure how type related that is, it mainly requires a person being intelligent and not too selfish. Introversion, detachment and not projecting your biases/not merely seeing what you wish or want to see is a big thing. There is both Te & Ti. One of my science teachers was like an introverted female LII that seemed to hate SEE women.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Henri Bergson was an IEI if I remember it correctly, but I had to disagree with the most of his theories - his didn't make sense.
    Last edited by Metaphor; 01-10-2022 at 12:30 PM.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are EIEs in humanities, but science is more Alpha NT
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was good at science at school, found it a bit addictive but ultimately I didn't want to continue it. I probably should have studied a bit of pyschology though. A hobby of mine is printmaking, in particular I like etching, where you play around with metal and acid. I love the experimental nature of printaking and the element of control and chance associated with the processes. It feels scientific to me. I think Keats the poet was IEI and he was a doctor as well as poet. I don't think he liked it that much though..

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i figured something huge enough to make me the best scientist ever lived.i found the key to high iq, influencing personality and cognitive abilities, then further ur being existentially and biologically as ur body is a machine that can change. even if few people will be aware or appreciate it, if it spreads it would be one of the greatest things for humanity.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1