Thread: Socionics Software

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics Software

I would like to create a Socionics Application.

The application will be Open Source Software so anyone could contribute.
    I need Ideas.
    How do you see such an application?
    How should it look?
    Any idea is welcomed.

A timid start could be found at this address:
    http://sigmacore.net/sta.0.1.exe

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Soft ware

This is a great idea.
    But how could I contribute if I have got no idea about software?
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Download my first attempt, take a look, play a little with it and share your thoughts. I'm not looking for programmers right now BUT for prospective users.
    You have used software before, so you are qualified as a user

I'm looking for ideas like what should I add, or maybe what should be different, different how? Ideas about the interaction with the program for example the program is modeled after the Socionics Type Assistant Turbo so when you click the "This one" button it goes to the next step automatically. I think this is good but I can see how this could be maybe confusing for some.

Also the program has a small database of photos from the socioniko.net, maybe this could be expanded, V.I. plays a big role especially when deciding between 2 types... For example today I thought... what if I was really a ISFp instead of INFp?... one look at the photos for the ISFp showed me that I don't look like those people but rather like the ones from the INFp group.

Maybe later in the development you could contribute translations for the texts (after I implement the internationalisation).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Version 0.2:
    I've replaced the V.I. images from socioniko.net with the celebs images from socionics.com

http://sigmacore.net/sta.0.2.exe

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eventually I want to make my own perl cgi test application open source, but I was delayed in that I needed tons and tons of results to make sure that I have everything tweaked enough so others will see it is worthy of being worked on. I did not want people using it, changing it, and then not sharing the data openly to others before I was able to do that.

I am also thinking about writting a standalone application based on the perl code I currently have now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My App is a silly little thing... is under 250 Lines Of Code
    I will release the code into the wild when I'll find the proper mood to add the License bits, maybe tomorrow.

I don't see why will it have to be a different application. Maybe I can incorporate the code you've wrote in my app as an "Advanced Testing Thingy", it should be fairly easy as I doubt you have a complicated computer algorithm in there... the real hard part with this stuff happens in the mind of the author when he/she thinks about the questions and how the answer relates to the person analysed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sigma
    My App is a silly little thing... is under 250 Lines Of Code
    I will release the code into the wild when I'll find the proper mood to add the License bits, maybe tomorrow.

I don't see why will it have to be a different application. Maybe I can incorporate the code you've wrote in my app as an "Advanced Testing Thingy", it should be fairly easy as I doubt you have a complicated computer algorithm in there... the real hard part with this stuff happens in the mind of the author when he/she thinks about the questions and how the answer relates to the person analysed.
    Hmmm, I would not say the thing is not complex ... it did take me a few months of programming before I was even able to put the thing on the web. It might even be a full time job for someone to even comprehend what I am doing with the whole code, it is a much broader project than one might initially think.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assumed we are talking about the test found here:
    http://socion.info/socionicstypetest.html

I don't say that it didn't eat a lot of time or work what I'm saying is that from an algorithmically point of view it should be simple... you got a bunch of selections that influence 4 variables one way or the other... room for a lot of automatisation

In stuff like this the real work is in finding the questions and describing how they influence the 4 variables... ok... maybe there are more than 4 variables... let's say 8... but anyway... the number is small...

I would love to take a look at your code if you can trust me with it