Hybrid View

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    what type is john wayne then? john wayne is the ultimate. because if john wayne is delta, i cant be anything else.
    I've got him pinned as a flagship ESTj.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    I've got him pinned as a flagship ESTj.
    really? for some reason i thought ENTj.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    really? for some reason i thought ENTj.
    Well John Wayne was known and renown for that kinda solid, tough-as-nails persona that not a small number of ESTjs seem to really take to. In general he seems a lot more grounded than ENTjs, and I think he kinda exudes Delta values pretty strongly. ENTjs typically seem kinda removed from their environment or something to me, as do ENFjs (Si PoLR), and while I admit that's a subjective impression, it serves me well to distinguish Alphas and Deltas from Betas and Gammas.

Why do you think he's ENTj?

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think John Wayne is ESTj. I'd wager Te sub though. In that respect I can see how ENTj might be a plausible mistake. I'd find it hard to relax around that dude.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    Well John Wayne was known and renown for that kinda solid, tough-as-nails persona that not a small number of ESTjs seem to really take to. In general he seems a lot more grounded than ENTjs, and I think he kinda exudes Delta values pretty strongly. ENTjs typically seem kinda removed from their environment or something to me, as do ENFjs (Si PoLR), and while I admit that's a subjective impression, it serves me well to distinguish Alphas and Deltas from Betas and Gammas.

Why do you think he's ENTj?
    i looked him up in the archives, most agree ESTj too. it was an impression and now, i'm "readjusting" my impression. and readjusting my view of my type. john wayne is my activator or even identical. when i get "in my head" too much i pop one of his movies in and it gets me back on track. true grit is in my top 3 movies. hubby called me "john wayne in a skirt" when he first met me. i am very much about rugged individualism in my life. irl, i dont take shit from anybody. online, most are not worth the effort, to me.

as you can see, this typing is important to my understanding my own type...i saved the pic you posted of him and hubby wants a tshirt made of it. one of my favorite lines in one of his movies is when a rustler wanting to steal his cattle asks him "is that all you got?" and he replies "that's WHAT i got."

anyway, i'll leave it here since i have a tendency to derail threads going off on a tangent about how it relates to me.......